:yawns: .................. well not much to talk about here lol
Go Mustangs!!!!!!!

thewyliefan
10-21-2006, 12:50 AM
o my...sweetwater beat clyde, suprize suprize haha

injuredinmelee
10-21-2006, 07:43 AM
how did they score 20 points?

They Wylie/Sweetwater game might come down to who has the ball last.

wildstangs
10-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Clyde scored on three passes. QB threw jump balls to the corner of the endzones every time. Coverage was there, our guys just tried to intercept it each time rather than knock it down.

Our backup QB threw a beautiful pass that was dropped for a TD really late in the game. Green also had a long run on the last play of the first half that got stopped at like the two yard line.

griff
10-21-2006, 11:39 AM
To PhantomStang...congratulations on the win. Both "Mustangs" teams were successful last night. We have Jasper next week. Who does Sweetwater play?

GetRDoneStangs
10-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Abilene Wylie

BMOC
10-21-2006, 12:01 PM

How true that is.

Snydertigersrul
10-21-2006, 12:21 PM

If Clyde can put 20 on the Sweetwater, Wylie may score 50. The Sweetwater offense will struggle against the Bulldogs. Wylie by two touchdowns.

mustang04
10-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
If Clyde can put 20 on the Sweetwater, Wylie may score 50. The Sweetwater offense will struggle against the Bulldogs. Wylie by two touchdowns.

so if you plug that in and do the math....that means snyder would prolly be lucky to score period....right??:D

Snydertigersrul
10-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
so if you plug that in and do the math....that means snyder would prolly be lucky to score period....right??:D

Snyder is not playing Sweetwater (at least in the regular season) or Wylie. So what's your point?

Tweeder215
10-21-2006, 01:33 PM

I don't know if you have been keeping up with football this year or not but if so the above post doesn't reflect it at all. I believe that it should be a shootout but that Hugh Sandifer who was at the Clyde game noticed that the only way to stop the Sweetwater offense is to keep the ball. So while this game should contain 8000 points of total offense, look for both teams to maybe score 3 times MAX. I think Hugh will play keep away all night long and I pick Sweetwater in a close game.

Stownhorse
10-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
I don't know if you have been keeping up with football this year or not but if so the above post doesn't reflect it at all. I believe that it should be a shootout but that Hugh Sandifer who was at the Clyde game noticed that the only way to stop the Sweetwater offense is to keep the ball. So while this game should contain 8000 points of total offense, look for both teams to maybe score 3 times MAX. I think Hugh will play keep away all night long and I pick Sweetwater in a close game.

Sandifer always knows what to do...and being as this was their bye week..i look for Wylie to be more than prepared for Sweetwater....i still say Sweetwater in a close one as well...
homer:D

Tweeder215
10-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Sandifer always knows what to do...and being as this was their bye week..i look for Wylie to be more than prepared for Sweetwater....i still say Sweetwater in a close one as well...
homer:D

You aren't being a homer if you think you really have the better team...

Snydertigersrul
10-21-2006, 02:11 PM
You aren't being a homer if you think you really have the better team...

That's what I mean, WYLIE WILL WIN. I'm no homer.

Tweeder215
10-21-2006, 02:12 PM

If I were from Snyder I wouldn't be a homer either.......:D :D :D :mad:

Snydertigersrul
10-21-2006, 02:43 PM
If I were from Snyder I wouldn't be a homer either.......:D :D :D :mad:

WYLIE 13
SWEETWATER 7

WYLIE 26
SWEETWATER 3

Do you remember?

Bubba-Joe
10-21-2006, 03:47 PM

Who rattled your chain??
you boys are lucky the uil took care of you this year and next.
You come on here and check every Sweetwater thread trying to stir the pot knowing full well that until the playoffs you can shoot your mouth off about the Mustangs- sounds like envy
envy of the tradition that Sweetwater has
and maybe that first round exit last year while the Tigers lost to Monahans
There are lots of good folks in Snyder, but you aint one of em
not by a long shoot
best guess you aint even been in Snyder very long....
maybe you have and you just can't stand the fact that Sweetwater is 6-1 while your tigers are what 3-3 with losses to a 2A school.
Save the crap until the playoffs if that is when the Mustangs and Tigers meet up at least you want come off sounding so envious of the Sweetwater Program, until then why dontcha stick to predictions about Snyder and Greenwood and hope you get into the playoffs. The Mustangs aint worried bout nothing but the NEXT team they play -
The Tigers need to be more concered with Greenwood, and I would think that any MEDIA people would be too.

sww-bull52
10-21-2006, 03:55 PM
WYLIE 13
SWEETWATER 7

WYLIE 26
SWEETWATER 3

Do you remember?

Here we go again :doh:

gibby
10-21-2006, 04:32 PM

Forget Clyde. Not a good measure of this game. Clyde, please work on punt snaps.
This should be a great game. Of couse, I've gotta be a homer. Wylie has improved every week and should be ready and able to put up good number on both sides of the ball. Wylie can pull away with this one. Yeeehaaa!

mustang04
10-21-2006, 05:34 PM
WYLIE 13
SWEETWATER 7

WYLIE 26
SWEETWATER 3

Do you remember?

Snyder, 1st round lost last year....remember?
No state championships in football.remember?
No Semi championships either, remember?
Fourth round was deepest they have ever gone and they did it once...remember?

Snydertigersrul
10-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Snyder, 1st round lost last year....remember?
No state championships in football.remember?
No Semi championships either, remember?
Fourth round was deepest they have ever gone and they did it once...remember?

Don't speak so fast, Sweetwater has not been to the state championship in more than 20 years

Ranger Mom
10-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Don't speak so fast, Sweetwater has not been to the state championship in more than 20 years

Neither has Snyder.....Greenwood, on the other hand HAS!!:D :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...we didn't win...BUT WE WERE THERE!!!!:p :p :p

I'm a lot better at this trash talking than I gave myself credit for!!;)

Snydertigersrul
10-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Neither has Snyder.....Greenwood, on the other hand HAS!!:D :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...we didn't win...BUT WE WERE THERE!!!!:p :p :p

I'm a lot better at this trash talking than I gave myself credit for!!;)

Someone told me about that. I did't live in Texas then. I heard it went down to the wire.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Someone told me about that. I did't live in Texas then. I heard it went down to the wire.

Double overtime BABY!!!!

(If I am not mistaken, it was the first State Championship game to ever go into double overtime too!!)

mustang04
10-21-2006, 08:45 PM

sooo....we havent gone in 20 years....but snyder hasnt even made it in it's WHOLE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL!!!!!!

Scholar
10-21-2006, 11:31 PM
How many trips to the state championship does 600 wins earn you?

Ranger Mom
10-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Scholar

Is the answer "ONE"???

Bubba-Joe
10-22-2006, 12:46 AM

Figures !!!
More than likely you was livin somewhere up North - and decided to come down here and tell us all about how you did it back where you come from-

Interloper - maybe even one of them ---- d- yankess

Bubba-Joe
10-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Is the answer "ONE"???

Now Mom Sweetwater has been to the State Championship Twice

first one in 1957 lost to Neaderland
second on in 1985 won over Tomball

and numerous trips inbetween to the Semis the latest coming last year against Tatum

of course you was there fer that one I know

Scholar
10-22-2006, 01:04 AM
Apparently it's pretty hard getting to a state championship if 600 wins earns you only two trips. It must be easier for some: many have more trips to the big one with much less wins. If I was Snyder, I wouldn't sweat not being in the big one yet, and contine to concentrate on trying to get there. Don't worry, it's hard for anyone to get to the big one. Even Sweetwater, who will find out soon enough.

Bubba-Joe
10-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Apparently it's pretty hard getting to a state championship if 600 wins earns you only two trips. It must be easier for some: many have more trips to the big one with much less wins. If I was Snyder, I wouldn't sweat not being in the big one yet, and contine to concentrate on trying to get there. Don't worry, it's hard for anyone to get to the big one. Even Sweetwater, who will find out soon enough.

you think Sweetwater doesn't know how hard it is to get to the so called BIG ONE????

OR are you just another rookie from snyder that is green with envy because of the Sweetwater Tradition Record and overall winning program - that many programs would love to have?

Sweetwater will play each game as they come- next up Wylie
no other team concerns them

If the Tigers and the Mustangs wind up playing each other this year we can talk then about winning the big one
I guess some folks are real envious of the 602 wins that the Sweetwater Football Program has- and for the record The Lady Mustangs volleyball beat the Snyder Lady Tigers Sat in 3 straight
to clinch at least a part of a Dist Championship in Volleyball
That means Sweetwater has 2 wins over Snyder already this season
Go Back to School Scholar- you know the way right - its on that short bus that comes by your house everyday

Ranger Mom
10-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Bubba-Joe
Now Mom Sweetwater has been to the State Championship Twice

first one in 1957 lost to Neaderland
second on in 1985 won over Tomball

Okay, I have to admit I was wrong!!! I knew they had won one!!

Snydertigersrul
10-22-2006, 08:24 AM

Two

Snydertigersrul
10-22-2006, 08:26 AM
you think Sweetwater doesn't know how hard it is to get to the so called BIG ONE????

OR are you just another rookie from snyder that is green with envy because of the Sweetwater Tradition Record and overall winning program - that many programs would love to have?

If the Tigers and the Mustangs wind up playing each other this year we can talk then about winning the big one
I guess some folks are real envious of the 602 wins that the Sweetwater Football Program has- and for the record The Lady Mustangs volleyball beat the Snyder Lady Tigers Sat in 3 straight
Go Back to School Scholar- you know the way right - its on that short bus that comes by your house everyday

Hey Bubba, how is the view down in the cheap seats. Shoot, I've been to five Super Bowls myself and it didn't cost me a penny.

Ranger Mom
10-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Out of curiosity...how do you find out how many wins/loss a certain team has??

I don't even know when Greenwood started playing football...I know the school was established in 1972.

STANG RED
10-22-2006, 08:44 AM

No, just a typical idiot that hasnt got a clue. You probably havent even seen either team play. Wylie may win, or Sweetwater may win, but you sir, have nothing to base it on, other than your hate for Sweetwater. I have seen both teams play several times this year (and THIS year is all that matters). Neither defense is capable of shutting the other down, so both will score several times. It will just come down to who can score last that will determine this one.
Clyde threw up three hope and prayers that we had covered like blankets and should have batted down, but didnt, it happens. We shoulda coulda scored at least 3 more TDs, but didnt, it happens. Either way, Sweetwater dominated as they should have, got the W, and will travel to Wylie for what should be a great game for the district championship. Purely from what I have seen by both teams, Sweetwater should win this one in a shootout, by 6 or less. Costly turnovers could be what determines the winner.

STANG RED
10-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Hey Bubba, how is the view down in the cheap seats. Shoot, I've been to five Super Bowls myself and it didn't cost me a penny.

Why do you keep thinking that impresses anyone???
What a moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guarantee my easy boy recliner was a lot better than your seat any day!

Snydertigersrul
10-22-2006, 08:51 AM

No one cares about volleyball

Ranger Mom
10-22-2006, 08:53 AM
I have to admit I wouldn't be anywhere else BUT the "cheap seats".....(although I have reserved seats at the home games)...I wouldn't give up the "crowd environment" for anything!!

Ranger Mom
10-22-2006, 08:55 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: I hope the Godfather doesn't read this!:eek: :eek:

Snydertigersrul
10-22-2006, 08:58 AM
I have to admit I wouldn't be anywhere else BUT the "cheap seats".....(although I have reserved seats at the home games)...I wouldn't give up the "crowd environment" for anything!!

Hey RM, I can always find a seat up there for you.

Ranger Mom
10-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey RM, I can always find a seat up there for you.

Thanks, but no thanks! I sat in our pressbox one time at a JV game when my husband was running the clock. I couldn't keep my mouth shut and you could hear me yelling in the background over the PA System. I was asked to leave!!:p :p

Snydertigersrul
10-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks, but no thanks! I sat in our pressbox one time at a JV game when my husband was running the clock. I couldn't keep my mouth shut and you could hear me yelling in the background over the PA System. I was asked to leave!!:p :p

I would not ask you to leave

DaHop72
10-22-2006, 09:20 AM
After watching the Clyde/Sweetwater game, I will say one thing. Speed kills. The Mustangs have very exception team speed and close up holes extremely fast. Their speed is comparable to the 04 Gilmer team. Clyde ran a reverse that looked when the play started that it might turn the corner and be a big gain that ended up in a 6 yard loss. The Kevil kid had holesthat he attempted to hit that closedbefore he got there. As Stang Red said, Clyde's three touchdowns came on passes 2 of which if the defender had knocked down instead of trying to intercept would have been incompletions. But what high school kid doesn't want an interception. As far as the Mustang offense goes, don't miss a tackle. Enough said.

Not to the Snyder side, as I told Stang Red after the game (yes, I sat in his pick up and we talked civil football believe it or not :thumbsup: ) I think Snyder has gotten better and better each game. I think that a lot of people read rankings before the season and didn't realize the parts that had to be replaced. There were growing pains early but the Tigers have become a good football team. I told Stang that I think there is a realistic chance that even though we didn't play in the same district we will meet this year. Call it drinking the black and gold koolaid if you want but that is my opinion, and we all know about opinions.:D And as Forrest, :D Gump that is would say, that's all I have to say about that.

GetRDoneStangs
10-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Good, Honest post DaHop!!!

OBTW, it was a pleaure meeting at he game and was pleased you got to see some old friends!!

Ranger Mom
10-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Here I am threatening to talk trash all week..and yall are being all "lovey dovey" to each other.

You sure make it hard on a girl!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Snydertigersrul
10-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Good, Honest post DaHop!!!

OBTW, it was a pleaure meeting at he game and was pleased you got to see some old friends!!

Thanks for your opionon, but I know that no team in West Texas can match Gilmer's speed in 2004, even though it might appear to someone that they could. Gilmer is three times faster this year than in 2004. The move-ins added strength to an already very strong team. Kevil is a good back. I've seen him this year but remember him from last year. He impressed me by his determination, even with his team losing 43-7. I hope some college coach gives him an opportunity.

DaHop72
10-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks for your opionon, but I know that no team in West Texas can match Gilmer's speed in 2004, even though it might appear to someone that they could. Gilmer is three times faster this year than in 2004. The move-ins added strength to an already very strong team. Kevil is a good back. I've seen him this year but remember him from last year. He impressed me by his determination, even with his team losing 43-7. I hope some college coach gives him an opportunity. And as I've said before opinions are like armpits and other things, everybody has them and they all smell.:devil:

STANG RED
10-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And as I've said before opinions are like armpits and other things, everybody has them and they all smell.:devil:

DaHop, I had a great time with you at, and after the game, talking football and general bs. LOL, I even pulled out my wifes old 72 annual to see what you looked like way back in the day. Loved the hair by the way. hahaha
By the way, I noticed you were the only senior on that state winning golf team your senior year. With you being the only senior, I would expect they would have done well the following year as well. Just wondering if you knew how they did in 73?
Could they recover after losing the Hopster?
Anyway, I really enjoyed our visit, and hope to get together again real soon. Like you said, maybe the 3rd round? I hope!

DaHop72
10-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
DaHop, I had a great time with you at, and after the game, talking football and general bs. LOL, I even pulled out my wifes old 72 annual to see what you looked like way back in the day. Loved the hair by the way. hahaha
By the way, I noticed you were the only senior on that state winning golf team your senior year. With you being the only senior, I would expect they would have done well the following year as well. Just wondering if you knew how they did in 73?
Could they recover after losing the Hopster?
Anyway, I really enjoyed our visit, and hope to get together again real soon. Like you said, maybe the 3rd round? I hope! They went back the next year and repeated, still had 3 seniors and 1 junior. Replaced the hopster with another senior and went on their merry way. Great bunch of teammates.

STANG RED
10-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Mustangs shut down Clyde, 48-20
Written by Ben Barkley
Sweetwater Reporter

Sweetwater's Skye Green avoids a defender during the first half of Friday's 48-20 win over Clyde. Green scored four touchdowns and finished with 148 yards on the ground.

The Sweetwater defense may be peaking at the right time.
For the third straight week, Sweetwater limited its opponents to under 200 yards total offense and it set the tone for the game early. In the end, the Mustangs scored a 48-20 win over Clyde in a District 7-3A contest Friday night in the Mustang Bowl.

“It could not have gone any better,” said Sweetwater head coach Kent Jackson of the defensive game plan in the first half. “They stepped it up again tonight.”
Sweetwater (7-1, 2-0) held the Bulldogs to 59 total yards in the first half, including minus-1 yard on the ground.
The defensive play helped Sweetwater come out and take an early lead, which was never in jeopardy following the first quarter.
“The offense was very opportunistic, except for the two turn-overs,” Jackson said. “The de-fense kept us in it.”
Jackson was also pleased with the special teams, which used returns, pressure and kickoff recoveries during the game.
“The special teams had a big roll in this game, especially kicking the ball,” Jackson said. “So a lot of things went well.”
But Jackson knows his team cannot rest as it has a date this week at Abilene Wylie (5-2, 1-0), which was open last week.
“Next week will be a special night,” he said. “It is going to be a lot of fun for both teams.”
Sweetwater was able to march down the field against Clyde, taking the opening kickoff 67 yards for the score. It was seventh time this season the Mustangs have scored on the opening drive.
The march was all on the ground and ended when Joseph Banyard found the end zone with 8:06 remaining on the clock.
But the turnover bug hit Sweetwater on its next two possessions. The Mustangs first turnover did not mean much as the defense stepped it up and forced a punt.
The Bulldogs took advantage of the second turnover, recovering a fumble at the Sweetwater 33. On fourth down, Jacob Gonzales hit Hunter Yates for a 32-yard touchdown. Clyde miss-ed the extra point as Sweetwater held the 7-6 lead with 2:12 left in the first quarter.
But once again, the Mustang offense was able to march down the field. Thomas Holsey set up the score as he returned the ensuing kickoff 24 yards to the Clyde 39. Three plays later, Skye Green found the end zone on a 12-yard run to give Sweetwater a 14-6 lead.
The special teams came up big for Sweetwater to set up the next score. A bad snap on a punt forced Clyde to try and run the ball for a first down. However, Jacob Canada was stopped for a 27-yard loss and Sweetwater took over at the Bulldog nine.
From there, Green scored his second touchdown of the night to give the Mustangs a 21-6 lead with 11:37 remaining in the first half.
Logan Glass recovered the onside kick for the Mustangs and the offense took the field again. Eight plays later, Green hit the end zone for the third time and Sweetwater held a 28-6 lead.
After forcing a Bulldog punt, Sweetwater was able to add to its lead. Duone Cunnings, who finished with 139 yards on the ground, gained 40 yards on a fourth down fake punt to set up the score. Banyard found the end zone from three yards out to give the Mustangs a 35-6 lead.
Clyde was able to put together a drive on the Mustang defense at the end of the half. The 11-play drive ended when Gonzales hit Derek Mar from 15 yards out to cut the lead to 35-12.
However, the Mustangs still had 15 seconds on the clock. Holsey, who finished with 44 yards on kickoff returns, set up the Mustangs next chance to score. Holsey returned the kickoff inside Clyde territory and the Bulldogs were called for a facemask penalty. The result gave Sweetwater the ball at the Clyde 31. Green scampered down the sideline and was knocked out at the one as the halftime horn sounded.
The Bulldogs came out and looked to control the clock during the second half — something it was able to accomplish. But the first drive ended when Justin Rodriguez intercepted a pass at the Sweetwater 19.
It took only one play for Green to find the end zone for the fourth time on the night. His 81-yard touchdown run with 9:29 left in the third quarter gave Sweetwater a 41-12 lead.
But no one knew that the run would be the only offensive play for the Mustangs in the third quarter.
“That third quarter, they kept the ball,” Jackson said. “They are a very resilient bunch.”
Clyde took the ball and used the final 9:25 of the third period clock to move the ball. The 68-yard drive, which took 19 plays, ended with 10:06 left in the game. Gonzales threw his third touchdown of the night, hitting Yates on an 11-yard pass to cut the deficit to 41-20.
However, the Mustangs struck quick as Cunnings scored on a 42-yard run with 9:29 left in the game to finish off the scoring.
Jackson said his team will have to stay sharp as it takes on Wylie and Breckenridge to complete its season.
“We had two tough ones, but we have two tough ones left,” he said. “We will get ready to take on Wylie.”

mustang04
10-22-2006, 02:59 PM

your logic makes no sense at all.....sweetwater and snyder have played roughly the same amount of regular season games in football..just cuz we can win ours AND win the post-district doesnt mean we have been in the game any longer than yall...yall have had you share of time...too bad yall just can't capitalize:rolleyes:

Butkus
10-22-2006, 07:28 PM
DaHop, I had a great time with you at, and after the game, talking football and general bs. Dang u big brother ifin i oughta take you out to tha woodshed fur sur. Ole Bubba Joe and i was gonna come over and see our brother and darned ifin we didnt see he had turned into a real benedict arnold. Standin there on hallowed ground in Mustang Bowl talkin ta that no count lowdown dahop from snyder texas. Boy sure hope mama doesnt hear bout this itll break her heart.

Scholar
10-22-2006, 09:55 PM
your logic makes no sense at all.....sweetwater and snyder have played roughly the same amount of regular season games in football..just cuz we can win ours AND win the post-district doesnt mean we have been in the game any longer than yall...yall have had you share of time...too bad yall just can't capitalize:rolleyes:

Your logic is flawed as well. I've never said anything about being from Snyder. It was a legit question. I've read several posts about Sweetwater getting 600 wins, and I was just curious of how many state championship trips those 600 wins have translated into. I was also trying to point out that making it to state championship is a difficult task indeed. I'm sure that you'll find that most teams will attest to that.

Snydertigersrul
10-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Your logic is flawed as well. I've never said anything about being from Snyder. It was a legit question. I've read several posts about Sweetwater getting 600 wins, and I was just curious of how many state championship trips those 600 wins have translated into. I was also trying to point out that making it to state championship is a difficult task indeed. I'm sure that you'll find that most teams will attest to that.

Sweetwater has been to the state championship twice, losing in 1957 and winning in 1985

Stownhorse
10-22-2006, 11:02 PM
And as I've said before opinions are like armpits and other things, everybody has them and they all smell.:devil:

armless ppl dont have armpits

DaHop72
10-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
armless ppl dont have armpits So reference other, I think everyone has one of those and they all smell.:D

mustang68
10-23-2006, 08:54 AM

Especially if your vollyball team is 0-7 :D

Congratulations Lady Stangs 7-0 District Champs :inlove: :kiss:

Tiger Baseball
10-23-2006, 09:00 AM
LOL, I even pulled out my wifes old 72 annual to see what you looked like way back in the day. Loved the hair by the way. hahaha

Hop had hair :confused:

DaHop72
10-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Hop had hair :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tiger Baseball
10-23-2006, 09:18 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I gotta see this picture. If its anything like mine back in the day. Its going to make me laugh. :D

Texasfootball2
10-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Some of you people need to forget about championships of the past. They have no barring on anything that happens this year. Odessa Permian has more history and success than any program in America but it has help them very much lately. I don't think they have even been in the playoffs since 1998.

With this being week eight ever game is big, some bigger than others. Wylie/Sweetwater is huge because the winner will almost certainly win the district title. The Clyde/Breckenridge game has a much thicker plot though. Both teams have a good years record wise anyway and both communities have playoff fever. The reality is that more than likely the loser on Friday night can say goodbye to any playoffs this year. Good luck to both teams.

Now as for the Bulldogs and Mustangs. There is no doubt that both of these teams are great football teams. I think the only true advantage that I see going into to this game is the fact that Sweetwater is a one diminsional team and Wylie is very balanced. One diminsional teams don't usually have a whole lot of success against a Hugh Sandifer coach team. Coach Jackson is also a great coach a class act, but if Sweetwater has any chance of going to Bulldog stadium and coming out a winner, Jackson will have to have his great coaching night of his career and find some balance to his offense. Wylie has great overall team speed and will be able to keep Sweetwater in check unless they can pose some sort of throwing threat.

mustang68
10-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Normally being one dimensional bothers me, however our one-dimensional backs are all averaging over 7 yards a carry. Bring all those defensive boys into the box and see what can happen in the passing dept. this year.
Should be a great game.
I wish both teams health for the play-offs.

Stownhorse
10-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Wylie has great overall team speed and will be able to keep Sweetwater in check unless they can pose some sort of throwing threat.

Yall have some speed but there isnt enough all around speed to keep us corralled, turn one of our backs loose and you can forget about it. But Im already getting pumped for this game, I expect it to come down to the wire Friday. Good luck to both teams!

STANG RED
10-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Hop had hair :confused:

Heck yea, thick, full, and long. In fact, how did you get away with that Hop? I remember the dress code from those days, and I'm pretty sure that was not an acceptable length. I can remember having to line up with all the other boys in school about once a month and being checked. If it touched your ears or collar, you were sent home to get it cut. In that golf picture of you, your hair was definately longer than the dress code of the day.
Teachers Pet!!!:mad:
Yep, just like the dlow.:devil:

Texasfootball2
10-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Can see where you have anymore speed than you've had the past two years, and this is the fastest defense the Wylies ever had. This is always a great game and like you I'm getting pumped up for it. As for turning one of your back loose and forgetting about catching him, Who can argue with that but the past two years neither one of those two speedy running backs has been able to get loose.

What I would love to see is for Edwards to get loose and for Banyard and Green to try and catch him, That would be worth the price of admission. Not much chance of it happening the other way, because Edwards has not played one snap on defense this year.

Butkus
10-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Dang u big brother ifin i oughta take you out to tha woodshed fur sur. Ole Bubba Joe and i was gonna come over and see our brother and darned ifin we didnt see he had turned into a real benedict arnold. Standin there on hallowed ground in Mustang Bowl talkin ta that no count lowdown dahop from snyder texas. Boy sure hope mama doesnt hear bout this itll break her heart. So you big ugly brother Stang Red ya jus gonna ignore this and think its jus gonna go away i dont think so.

Phantom Stang
10-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by griff
To PhantomStang...congratulations on the win. Both "Mustangs" teams were successful last night. We have Jasper next week. Who does Sweetwater play?
Thanks Griff, and congratulations on your win over Silsbee. As I'm sure you know by now, THE Mustangs:D play Abilene Wylie this week.

Good lucck against Jasper. Ya never know when you're gonna need it.:)

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Thanks Griff, and congratulations on your win over Silsbee. As I'm sure you know by now, THE Mustangs:D play Abilene Wylie this week.

Good lucck against Jasper. Ya never know when you're gonna need it.:)
Did you notice that it's Mustangs vs Bulldogs in both games? :thinking: :thinking: :nerd:

Phantom Stang
10-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Did you notice that it's Mustangs vs Bulldogs in both games? :thinking: :thinking: :nerd:
Well, almost:nerd:......

Sweetwater happens to be playing THE Bulldogs!!:D

Stownhorse
10-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Can see where you have anymore speed than you've had the past two years, and this is the fastest defense the Wylies ever had. This is always a great game and like you I'm getting pumped up for it. As for turning one of your back loose and forgetting about catching him, Who can argue with that but the past two years neither one of those two speedy running backs has been able to get loose.

What I would love to see is for Edwards to get loose and for Banyard and Green to try and catch him, That would be worth the price of admission. Not much chance of it happening the other way, because Edwards has not played one snap on defense this year.

Quit talkin bout diff. situations and stuff your making me get even more pumped! lol

STANG RED
10-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Dang u big brother ifin i oughta take you out to tha woodshed fur sur. Ole Bubba Joe and i was gonna come over and see our brother and darned ifin we didnt see he had turned into a real benedict arnold. Standin there on hallowed ground in Mustang Bowl talkin ta that no count lowdown dahop from snyder texas. Boy sure hope mama doesnt hear bout this itll break her heart.

Now dont be giten yur brown streeked draws all in a wad. Ya see I only sociated with his sweetwater side. That ud be his rite side acourse. An Bubba Joe aint got nuthin to say bout it. he comed down an sociated with us a while to. Yuz tha onliest one not bein sociable. An you jus be leavin mama outa this ifin ya no whats good fer ya.

Butkus
10-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Now dont be giten yur brown streeked draws all in a wad. Ya see I only sociated with his sweetwater side. That ud be his rite side acourse. An Bubba Joe aint got nuthin to say bout it. he comed down an sociated with us a while to. Yuz tha onliest one not bein sociable. An you jus be leavin mama outa this ifin ya no whats good fer ya. Well that no count low life Bubba Joe wait till i see his old ugly hide. Thars fixin ta be a beatin in tha fambly and i may jus brake his whiskey bottle two.

Bubba-Joe
10-23-2006, 12:59 PM
now now Butkus
I didn't have no photo made with Dahopper
and leave the wiskey out of this
them is fightin words

Butkus
10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
now now Butkus
I didn't have no photo made with Dahopper
and leave the wiskey out of this
them is fightin words Imma thinkin it jus may be atime fur onna them fambly meet n greets tween ole Stang Red Bubba Joe and Butkus an get this thing a straight.

STANG RED
10-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Imma thinkin it jus may be atime fur onna them fambly meet n greets tween ole Stang Red Bubba Joe and Butkus an get this thing a straight.
Me n my skinin nife n my throin nife is ready.

Bubba-Joe
10-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Well know I know I am a givin up at least 120 lbs to each of ya
and with Red bringin them knives to a gun fight I guess things will be about like last christmas when two of ya were running cryin to Momma bout ole Bubba not fightin fair and all......../

Butkus
10-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Me n my skinin nife n my throin nife is ready. Okay its a deal get that no count Bubba Joe an yall meet me out at Rhino Valley saturday mornin and settle this once an fur all. Wouldnt wanna you ta miss the Mustangs and them wylie bulldogs playin.

STANG RED
10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Jus sos yall no. ifin i can find it, ill be abringin somea my fishin dynomit along fer good mesur. and bubba i no you caint hit tha brod sidea no barn with that ol rusty shootin iron of yourn anyway. so you aint scarin nobody with them shootin words.

Bubba-Joe
10-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Just fer makein fun of my shootin I gonna show everyone yan yer date to homecoming your senior year
http://www.coonce-ewing.com/images/halloween2003/black_fairy_white_trash.jpg

shadow13
10-24-2006, 04:07 AM

What I would love to see is for Edwards to get loose and for Banyard and Green to try and catch him, That would be worth the price of admission. Not much chance of it happening the other way, because Edwards has not played one snap on defense this year. Skye only had 5 carries last yr. and no carries the yr. before against Wylie ,if the coach turns him loose friday night you will see a different ball game this yr. And you should have been at the regional track meet last yr. wylie was in 2nd place at the last exchange and sweetwater was in 5th the final results sweetwater 2nd , wylie 4th, by the way gainesville was in 1st and won with a time of 42.51, sweetwater 42.52,so if Skye played defense and Gary broke ,it wouldn't be the 1st time Skye ran him down.