PDA

View Full Version : Bellville v La Grange

Pudlugger
10-20-2006, 11:10 PM
Can The Leps put together an offensive and defensive effort against the explosive and talented Bellville Brahmas? The Leps have been running the gauntlet in 23a facing #3 Giddings losing a close one and now getting by a determined Caldwell team in a nailbitter. The Brahmas are done with the weak sisters in 23a and now must face La Grange, Caldwell and Giddings. They need one win to clinch a playoff spot barring wierd tie situations and could run the table to win district.

hutex04
10-20-2006, 11:21 PM
pudlugger u must be really excited. Already have a poll up for your next game. Winning is a nice thing isint it :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-20-2006, 11:33 PM
Who will win? give some insight on this game, sould turn out to be a good one. This game will be played in Bellville at The Pasture of Pain!

Pudlugger
10-20-2006, 11:38 PM
I got the poll up first Former.:D

Pudlugger
10-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Yeah winning feels great. Now we need to get ready for the next big test, Bellville. They are always tough, especially at home in their pasture. Just ask them.:D

Bull's-eye
10-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Looking forward to seeing LG play, we have heard a lot of good things about the Leps. Bellville has had a very weak schedule the last 4 games, I hope this doesn't hurt them against a quality LG team. Pasture of Pain should be an advantage, but look for the Leps to pack the visitor's stands. Bellville finally has a big game and I look for them to play with a lot of emotion.

scotty
10-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Both Bellville and La Grange have played only one real quality team and both lost that test. I saw La Grange play and wasn't impressed, saw Bellville and was. However, La Grange did a great job against Giddings and were able to slow their offense. That was something Bellville couldn't do against the Buffs. But Bellville scored a bunch on Giddings and La Grange didn't. Bellville can pass so the nine in the box that La Grange used against Giddings won't work against the Brahmas. As a result I believe that Bellville is too talented and deep for La Grange.

hookandladder
10-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Who will win? give some insight on this game, sould turn out to be a good one. This game will be played in Bellville at The Pasture of Pain!

You kill me, you are so negative about La Grange. Must be from worrying about LG. Beware pasture of pain. No pressure on LG next week we've played Giddings and Caldwell,it's your turn to step to the plate and face the meat of the schedule. Let's see how bold you are,let us hear what you predict for your Bellvlle team to do against the big 3 in District( Giddings,Caldwell and La Grange). Since you are "O"fer with your LG predictions. Let's hear it FBB.

Bull19
10-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
You kill me, you are so negative about La Grange. Must be from worrying about LG. Beware pasture of pain. No pressure on LG next week we've played Giddings and Caldwell,it's your turn to step to the plate and face the meat of the schedule. Let's see how bold you are,let us hear what you predict for your Bellvlle team to do against the big 3 in District( Giddings,Caldwell and La Grange). Since you are "O"fer with your LG predictions. Let's hear it FBB.

YOUR KILLING ME. IN NO WAY IS BELLVILLE WORRIED ABOUT LA GRANGE. "MEAT OF THE SCHEDULE?" YES GIDDINGS IS GOOD BUT, YALL ARE LUCKY YALL WON LAST NIGHT, IF CALDWELL COULD KICK THEY WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME LAST NIGHT. LA GRANGE LOOKED LIKE THEY ONLY KNEW ONE PLAY, THE QB DRAW, CALDWELL MISSED ALOT OF TACKLES ON IT AND TRUST BELLVILLE WONT MAKE THOSE MISTAKES, THEIR IS A REASON THEY ONLY GIVE UP 2YPC.

Bull19
10-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by scotty
However, La Grange did a great job against Giddings and were able to slow their offense. That was something Bellville couldn't do against the Buffs. But Bellville scored a bunch on Giddings and La Grange didn't. Bellville can pass so the nine in the box that La Grange used against Giddings won't work against the Brahmas. As a result I believe that Bellville is too talented and deep for La Grange.

TWO THINGS.
FIRST. BELLVILLE PLAYED THE BUFFS LAST YEAR, TIMES CHANGE TEAMS CHANGE SO DONT BASE YOUR PREDICTIONS AND OPINIONS ON THAT GAME.

SECOND. DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THE LEPS WILL PUT NINE IN THE BOX AGAISNT BELLVILLE? LET ME RING A BELL FOR YOU......DING(GIDDINGS)......EVERY TEAM IN THE STATE DOES THAT AGAISNT THEM

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Actually, Caldwell's kicker wasn't bad. The Leps happened to block two PATS. Since we're going into the realm of hypotheticals with "if this than that", IF the Leps hadn't been called for holding that 65 yard td pass would have counted. Also, IF the Leps hadn't run out of time outs they might have scored at the close of the first half when they were on the 2 yardline. All this is part of the game Bull19. I credit Caldwell for playing tough and keeping it so close.

Bellville must now play three quality teams after cruising through a weak schedule. Barbers Hill is an excellent 4a team but Bellville lost that one. Now they will be up against some tough defenses and I doubt that their stats will remain so pristine. All that aside, I know that the Bulls are good and that they will be tough to beat especially in their Pasture, but I think the Leps will surprise you.

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Both Bellville and La Grange have played only one real quality team and both lost that test. I saw La Grange play and wasn't impressed, saw Bellville and was. However, La Grange did a great job against Giddings and were able to slow their offense. That was something Bellville couldn't do against the Buffs. But Bellville scored a bunch on Giddings and La Grange didn't. Bellville can pass so the nine in the box that La Grange used against Giddings won't work against the Brahmas. As a result I believe that Bellville is too talented and deep for La Grange.

If you think Caldwell isn't a quality team you haven't seen them play or you don't now much about football. Which is it?:rolleyes:

Bull19
10-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Actually, Caldwell's kicker wasn't bad. The Leps happened to block two PATS. Since we're going into the realm of hypotheticals with "if this than that", IF the Leps hadn't been called for holding that 65 yard td pass would have counted. Also, IF the Leps hadn't run out of time outs they might have scored at the close of the first half when they were on the 2 yardline. All this is part of the game Bull19. I credit Caldwell for playing tough and keeping it so close.

Bellville must now play three quality teams after cruising through a weak schedule. Barbers Hill is an excellent 4a team but Bellville lost that one. Now they will be up against some tough defenses and I doubt that their stats will remain so pristine. All that aside, I know that the Bulls are good and that they will be tough to beat especially in their Pasture, but I think the Leps will surprise you.

SRRY WHEN I MENT KICKING GAME I SHOULD HAVE PUT SPECIAL TEAMS, CALDWELL COULDNT KICK A KICKOFF 30 YARDS, THAT KICKER COULDNT KICK HIMSELF OUT OF A WET PAPER BAG, AND ON THE XP THE LINE IS PART OF THE SPECIAL TEAMS,,,,BUT NO I DONT THINK THE LEPS WILL SUPRISE ME,, THEY LOOKED REALLY AVERAGE LAST NIGHT, WITH SPURTS OF GREATNESS, THEY WILL NEED A WHOLE LOT OF SPURTS IF THEY WANNA BEAT BELLVILLE

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
SRRY WHEN I MENT KICKING GAME I SHOULD HAVE PUT SPECIAL TEAMS, CALDWELL COULDNT KICK A KICKOFF 30 YARDS, THAT KICKER COULDNT KICK HIMSELF OUT OF A WET PAPER BAG, AND ON THE XP THE LINE IS PART OF THE SPECIAL TEAMS,,,,BUT NO I DONT THINK THE LEPS WILL SUPRISE ME,, THEY LOOKED REALLY AVERAGE LAST NIGHT, WITH SPURTS OF GREATNESS, THEY WILL NEED A WHOLE LOT OF SPURTS IF THEY WANNA BEAT BELLVILLE

Can't you give Caldwell some credit? Their running back #5 was very impressive. They have a very good O line and plenty of speed on both sides of the football. They will give Bellville all they want. [I'm talking about Caldwell here so please don't reply about Bellville]. We know Bellville is good. Running down La Grange and Caldwell will not put points on the board next week.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-21-2006, 09:57 AM

Were in that post do I say anything Negative? I simply say were the game is being played(The Pasture of Pain). No Im not worrying about LG. Were did I say Beware? You are putting words in My mouth. Bellville will step up to the plate next week and the pressure is on LG, to win. I predicted Giddings to beat LG, and I predicted LG to beat Caldwell, that is 2-2 not O"fer, but you cant see that throught your thick glasses. I saw the game last night and if Caldwell had a decent kicking game, LG would be 0-2. We will see who the big three are this week, and next week there will only be the Big 2, and they will meet in Giddings next week!

Bull19
10-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Can't you give Caldwell some credit? Their running back #5 was very impressive. They have a very good O line and plenty of speed on both sides of the football. They will give Bellville all they want. [I'm talking about Caldwell here so please don't reply about Bellville]. We know Bellville is good. Running down La Grange and Caldwell will not put points on the board next week.

HOW AM I RUNNING DOWN CALDELL WHEN I SAY IF CALDWELL CAN KICK THEY WIN THE GAME, FUNNY HOW I TALKED TO THE RUNNING BACK WHO IS INJURED AND I SAID THE SAME THING AND HE AGREED WITH ME SO SPEAK WHAT YOU KNOW. YES THEY RAN THE BALL WELL,, YOU DONT SCORE BY NOT RUNNING OFFENSIVE PLAYS SO THAT IS IMPLIED, ALL IM SAY BOUT LA GRANGE BOUT THIS GAME IS THE O-LINE IS FAT AND NON-ATHLETIC WHILE CALDWELL HAS SOME BIG TALL FAST ATHLETES, AND SECOND ASK NATHAN NEISSER HOW THAT HIT FELT ON THE KICK-OFF HE'S STILL FEELING THAT ONE

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-21-2006, 10:05 AM

He is not running down Caldwell, what he is saying If Caldwells kicking game was Better LG would Be 0-2! I will give Caldwell some credit, the better team lost!

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 10:12 AM
It was good to see the Leps throw the football last night. The receivers did a decent job of getting open too. That 65 yard bomb to #3 was beautiful. I would like to see the films on the holding call that nullified the td. It looked like it was on the opposite side of the field away from the play. The Leps had too many penalties last night. They better shape up before next week.

I don't have the stats yet but #22 Callis must have rushed for more than 150 yards.Qb Woods #15, probably had close to 100 yards rushing as well. WR
#8 Hunt looked good too even though they had him covered pretty well with their big athletic db. I think the Leps will be pulling some more tricks out from their hat come Friday.

Bull19
10-21-2006, 10:17 AM
I think the Leps will be pulling some more tricks out from their hat come Friday.

WHAT TRICKS DID THEY PULL OUT ALREADY?

BTEXDAD
10-21-2006, 10:38 AM
I'll admit last few games have been blowouts, but Bellville had something to do with that.
Biggest concern might be conditioning for Brahmas. Starters haven't seen much playing time if any in fourth quarters.
I think starters will be able to hang in there for the full game if necessary though. Bulls all the way. 30-14

hookandladder
10-21-2006, 10:51 AM
HOW AM I RUNNING DOWN CALDELL WHEN I SAY IF CALDWELL CAN KICK THEY WIN THE GAME, FUNNY HOW I TALKED TO THE RUNNING BACK WHO IS INJURED AND I SAID THE SAME THING AND HE AGREED WITH ME SO SPEAK WHAT YOU KNOW. YES THEY RAN THE BALL WELL,, YOU DONT SCORE BY NOT RUNNING OFFENSIVE PLAYS SO THAT IS IMPLIED, ALL IM SAY BOUT LA GRANGE BOUT THIS GAME IS THE O-LINE IS FAT AND NON-ATHLETIC WHILE CALDWELL HAS SOME BIG TALL FAST ATHLETES, AND SECOND ASK NATHAN NEISSER HOW THAT HIT FELT ON THE KICK-OFF HE'S STILL FEELING THAT ONE

You are full of hot air. To make these kind of remarks only shows that you are immature and your irgoances of sports.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-21-2006, 11:19 AM
The Brahmas are done with the weak sisters in 23a

Is Pud, making fun of Smithville and Navasota?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-21-2006, 12:03 PM

Were did I say any thing negative about La Grange? I said the game will be at the Pasture of Pain, thats a nick name for Bellville,s field. Were did I say BEWARE in that post If you could see through those thick glasses you wear, you would have seen that I said nothing that looks like BEWARE, dont put words in my Mouth. I also Predicted Giddings to beat LG, and LG to beat Caldwell, thats not O'fer. 2-0. The big three will be the Big 2 after this week, and the big 2 will play in Giddings next week.

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Is Pud, making fun of Smithville and Navasota?

It's just a figure of speech. Smithville and Navasota are not very strong this year and I'm sure you would agree with me on that. My point is that for Bellville the next three games will be much tougher than the last two. My apologies to the Tigers and the Rattlers if I offended .:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Actually, Caldwell's kicker wasn't bad.

Bellville must now play three quality teams after cruising through a weak schedule. Barbers Hill is an excellent 4a team but Bellville lost that one.

You have to be joking, Caldwells kicker was off last night. If you want to talk about weak schedule you would know, LG did not play a excellent team untill Giddings, and Barbers Hill 7-0 would beat Bellville, Giddings, and the rest of the district.

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 03:08 PM
You have to be joking, Caldwells kicker was off last night. If you want to talk about weak schedule you would know, LG did not play a excellent team untill Giddings, and Barbers Hill 7-0 would beat Bellville, Giddings, and the rest of the district.

Did you see the game Former? If not how can you say the kicker was off last night? He had two kicks blocked, missed one and made one. The other PAT was a failed attempt at two from the 18 yardline due to a penalty after the score. This is sort of emblematic of FBB to make some brash comment or overconfident prediction without even seeing the game. As for schedules the Leps and the Bulls are pretty equal except Caldwell is way better than any team outside of BH that Bellville has played. [But then we all know what bulls produce right?]

And for the record I don't think you have enough evidence to say BH would beat every team in d23 for that matter. All you have is the fact that BH beat Bellville. We will find out how good Bellville is in the next three weeks. You should just admit that this is your opinion and not a fact.:D

scotty
10-21-2006, 03:34 PM
In response to Pud, no I haven't seen Caldwell and I was really referring to the pre-district schedule. And to Bull 19 no I don't believe La Grange will have nine in the box against Bellville and thought I made that a point.

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 03:45 PM
In response to Pud, no I haven't seen Caldwell and I was really referring to the pre-district schedule. And to Bull 19 no I don't believe La Grange will have nine in the box against Bellville and thought I made that a point.

That's cool Scotty. Caldwell showed me a lot last night. They have a very well coached and talented team. They have three losses: Robinson; Hutto and now La Grange in a squeeker. I would not be surprised if they pull off an upset in d23 before they are through. One thing for sure if a team lets up they will score on them fast.

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 03:48 PM
I will give Caldwell some credit, the better team lost!

Well, I'll take a win over "the better team" any day. In fact next Friday would suit me just fine.:D

Tiger3
10-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Man there is some heated tension between Bellville and La Grange, I would like to see this game played!

Bull's-eye
10-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Tiger3
Man there is some heated tension between Bellville and La Grange,

A meet & greet could be dangerous. :D

Bull's-eye
10-21-2006, 06:55 PM
I found these stats off the THSCA site. Caldwell had 26 first downs and 434 total yards vs LG. They had 394 yards rushing on 45 attempts for a 8.8 average. For some reason, LG Coaches don't post their stats on that website. :thinking:

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I found these stats off the THSCA site. Caldwell had 26 first downs and 434 total yards vs LG. They had 394 yards rushing on 45 attempts for a 8.8 average. For some reason, LG Coaches don't post their stats on that website. :thinking:

The Leps must have had more total yards than Caldwell 'cause they had a missed field goal and made two others inside the 5. It was a barn burner though and those Hornets can move the chains.

Bull's-eye
10-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Small article from BrazosSports.com:

La Grange 32, Caldwell 31

LA GRANGE - Caldwell lost a heartbreaker on the road Friday night when Hunter Callis' long touchdown run gave La Grange a 32-31 victory.

Caldwell took a 31-25 lead on Danny Deere's 1-yard run with 3 minutes, 54 seconds left.

Just 17 seconds later, Callis broke a 63-yard run for his fourth touchdown of the night to tie the game at 31. Callis kicked the ensuing extra point to give La Grange the lead.

Callis scored all 32 of the Leopards points, kicking two field goals in addition to his four touchdowns and two PATs. He finished with 22 carries for 249 yards.

Peder507
10-21-2006, 08:56 PM
If you want to talk about penalties holding a team back bellville had 4 touchdowns returned bacause of penalties.
La Grange may not get so lucky. I know they have a above average D. But if bellvilles O is on full cylinders, its going to be trouble. Bellvilles D = Nuf said. Just get ready for a physical night under the lights in the pasture.

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Small article from BrazosSports.com:

La Grange 32, Caldwell 31

LA GRANGE - Caldwell lost a heartbreaker on the road Friday night when Hunter Callis' long touchdown run gave La Grange a 32-31 victory.

Caldwell took a 31-25 lead on Danny Deere's 1-yard run with 3 minutes, 54 seconds left.

Just 17 seconds later, Callis broke a 63-yard run for his fourth touchdown of the night to tie the game at 31. Callis kicked the ensuing extra point to give La Grange the lead.

Callis scored all 32 of the Leopards points, kicking two field goals in addition to his four touchdowns and two PATs. He finished with 22 carries for 249 yards.

Hunter Callis #22 La Grange POTW Region III

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Peder507
If you want to talk about penalties holding a team back bellville had 4 touchdowns returned bacause of penalties.
La Grange may not get so lucky. I know they have a above average D. But if bellvilles O is on full cylinders, its going to be trouble. Bellvilles D = Nuf said. Just get ready for a physical night under the lights in the pasture.

The Lep D was ranked 8th by Massey which is a ranking based on a computer model not a poll. I'd say that is above average.

BTW Bellville was ranked 24th.

Bull's-eye
10-21-2006, 09:35 PM
The Lep D was ranked 8th by Massey which is a ranking based on a computer model not a poll. I'd say that is above average.

BTW Bellville was ranked 24th.

I don't put much stock in to those rankings. In Bellville's last 4 games have been blowouts, where their #1 defense is sitting in the 2nd half. The opposing team is putting up numbers against 2nd & 3rd string players. If you play a running team like Giddings, you look like you have a great pass defense.

We all know about those computer models trying to determine the path of a hurricane. They aren't always accurate.

Pudlugger
10-21-2006, 10:05 PM
You make a good point. However, all things equal, computer models do provide some objectivity to the rankings.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Did you see the game Former? This is sort of emblematic of FBB to make some brash comment or overconfident prediction without even seeing the game. [But then we all know what bulls produce right?D

Yes I was at the LG vs Caldwell game!
Go ahead make fun of the Bulls, and what they produce. You have already made fun of Navasota and Smithville, just remember you still havent beat them.

Pudlugger
10-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Yes I was at the LG vs Caldwell game!
Go ahead make fun of the Bulls, and what they produce. You have already made fun of Navasota and Smithville, just remember you still havent beat them.

Well if you saw the game how can you say the kicker was off? Because he missed one PAT and had two blocked? Not making fun of Smithville and Navasota just stating what everyone already knows, they are the weak teams in d23. If you want to argue that point go ahead.

The fact is the Leps have made it two thirds through the tough spot in district with the one win they need to make the playoffs. The Bellville game only matters for bragging rights now as the Leps should win against Smithville and Navasota. Bellville needs one more win against La Grange, Caldwell or Giddings to make the playoffs. I'm sure they will make the playoffs but since they will go DI it will have no effect on the Leps. The Leps go into the game Friday with very little pressure. It should be an exciting game and I think the Lep chances for a win are good.

Bull's-eye
10-22-2006, 12:53 PM
The fact is the Leps have made it two thirds through the tough spot in district with the one win they need to make the playoffs. The Bellville game only matters for bragging rights now as the Leps should win against Smithville and Navasota. Bellville needs one more win against La Grange, Caldwell or Giddings to make the playoffs.

LG did win an imortant game vs Caldwell, but don't assume a 3-2 record automatically gets any of these teams in the playoffs. There is several possibilities of 3 teams being tied with a 3-2 record, with one team staying home. One more win for Bellville doesn't quite lock up a playoff spot.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2006, 12:58 PM
LG by 6... my opinion could change later in the week...

LG isn't gunna get all flashy and impressive... they just do the little things...

halfnhalf
10-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Like ive said before, Hunter is the ENTIRE TEAM. If it wasnt for him La Grange would probably have a losing record. If he gets shut down, they are done.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
Like ive said before, Hunter is the ENTIRE TEAM. If it wasnt for him La Grange would probably have a losing record. If he gets shut down, they are done.

OHHHHH, so LG's defense had nothing to do with Giddings scoring their lowest total of the year last week?

Pudlugger
10-22-2006, 01:43 PM

Hunter has been impressive especially in the last two games but the Leps are throwing the ball more now. Woods is more confident as are the receivers and I expect to see the Leps putting up some good numbers in the passing game as we move towards the playoffs. Bellville can key on Callis but Woods can burn the linebackers on a qb draw or dump pass over the middle or deep. Hunter will get the majority of points because:1) he's the kicker and 2) the spread running game usually goes to the fastest set back and he is a step faster than Janca although Janca is a stronger runner in traffic. I still think we haven't seen the whole playbook yet.

Needless to say I disagree with your assessment but I enjoy the discussion.:)

Pudlugger
10-22-2006, 01:54 PM
LG did win an imortant game vs Caldwell, but don't assume a 3-2 record automatically gets any of these teams in the playoffs. There is several possibilities of 3 teams being tied with a 3-2 record, with one team staying home. One more win for Bellville doesn't quite lock up a playoff spot.

Agreed, your senario could occur and I spent a few minutes figuring out how but it seems very unlikely. But you are probably right not to get too comfortable knowing how strange things always seem to happen. Best that the Leps win their next three games to be safe.:D

Bull19
10-22-2006, 02:15 PM
HEY LEP FANS HOW ABOUT A MEET AND GREET.

LIKE PEDER507 SAID BELLVILLE D= NUF SAID. CALLIS WILL BE SHUT DOWN ALONG WITH THE ENTIRE KITTIE OFFENSE.

AND ABOUT THE KICKER FROM CALDWELL, HE WAS HORRIBLE. FUNNY ON THE KICK OFFS HE COULD ONLY KICK THE BALL 30 YARDS. GETTING THE BALL ON THE 40 EVERYTIME HELPS OUT A BUNCH. AND JUST FOR GIGGLES IS CALLIS STILL CRYING FROM THAT HIT HE TOOK IN THE FOURTH ON THE KICK RETURN? MAYBE LATTERANDHOOKER CAN ANSWER THAT ONE FOR ME

Bull19
10-22-2006, 02:30 PM
You are full of hot air. To make these kind of remarks only shows that you are immature and your irgoances of sports.

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE YOUR COMING FROM, MAYBE THOSE COKE BOTTLE GLASSES OF YOURS ARE FOGGED UP. TRY WIPING THEM OFF

Pudlugger
10-22-2006, 02:32 PM
BULL19 those kick offs were pooch kicks. I'm sure he was trying to kick it away from Neiser and Callis deep. That's why coach moved Callis to up man on that side. It forced him to kick short to the other side or squib up the middle. He was doing exactly what the coach told him. You are misapprehending a complex situation and attaching a simplistic conclusion i.e. " that kicker was horrible".:rolleyes:

Bull19
10-22-2006, 02:38 PM
BULL19 those kick offs were pooch kicks. I'm sure he was trying to kick it away from Neiser and Callis deep. That's why coach moved Callis to up man on that side. It forced him to kick short to the other side or squib up the middle. He was doing exactly what the coach told him. You are misapprehending a complex situation and attaching a simplistic conclusion i.e. " that kicker was horrible".:rolleyes:

NO YOUR WRONG, POOCH KICKS ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, DO YOU NOT REMEMBER THE BALL GOING OUT OF BOUNDS ON HIS LAST KICK0OFF BY LANDING 20 YARDS IN FRONT OF HIM AND SHOOTING OUT OF BOUNDS. IF HE WAS POOCH KICKING HE'D KICK IT HIGH AND IN BOUNDS WHICH HE CLEARLY DID NOT DO. YOU WILL SEE WHAT A CORRECT POOCH KICK WILL LOOK LIKE COME FRIDAY.

AND PROVE TO ME MISTER KNOW IT ALL THAT THE COACH TOLD HIM TO DO THAT EXACTLY.... THATS RIGHT YOU CANT SO NEVER MAKE A BOLD COMMENT LIKE THAT AGAIN WHEN YOU HAVE NO PROOF WHAT SO EVER THAT HE TOLD HIM TO DO THAT EXACTLY.

HOW BOUT A MEET AND GREET LEP FANS? HALFTIME?

Pudlugger
10-22-2006, 05:40 PM
One nice thing I'll say about Bellville, they have really good looking uniforms. I think the silver and red look great together. Always liked their uniforms. Purple and gold uniforms for the Leps are okay as long as they don't paint the locker rooms that color.LOL I like the purple pants and jersy for home and the gold and white for away.

After all the rain we have had the Pasture of Pain should be nice and lush. As far as fields go it is pretty good. The stadium is big enough but not so big you can't get that good crowd rush going like in some palaces. Good
snack bar too. Parking is the main drawback at Bellville. I usually park on the Hwy and walk in.

After the games I used to stop at the Chinese restaurant just before entering the traffic loop. Good food and service. Is it still there?

I am looking forward to Friday. It should be a great game. I know Bellville really hates to lose, especially to La Grange. It has been 5 years since these two teams have played and I wonder if the players have the depth of feeling about the rivalry as the older fans. One thing for certain is that both teams want it and will bring it Friday. Here's to a clean injury free game.:)

Bull19
10-22-2006, 07:44 PM
One nice thing I'll say about Bellville, they have really good looking uniforms. I think the silver and red look great together. Always liked their uniforms. Purple and gold uniforms for the Leps are okay as long as they don't paint the locker rooms that color.LOL I like the purple pants and jersy for home and the gold and white for away.

After all the rain we have had the Pasture of Pain should be nice and lush. As far as fields go it is pretty good. The stadium is big enough but not so big you can't get that good crowd rush going like in some palaces. Good
snack bar too. Parking is the main drawback at Bellville. I usually park on the Hwy and walk in.

After the games I used to stop at the Chinese restaurant just before entering the traffic loop. Good food and service. Is it still there?

I am looking forward to Friday. It should be a great game. I know Bellville really hates to lose, especially to La Grange. It has been 5 years since these two teams have played and I wonder if the players have the depth of feeling about the rivalry as the older fans. One thing for certain is that both teams want it and will bring it Friday. Here's to a clean injury free game.:)

YES THE CHINESE REST. IS STILL THERE, HOWEVER I DONT BELIEVE THEY WILL BE OPEN AFTER THE GAME, SO YOUR BEST BET PUG IS TO VISIT THEM BEFORE THE GAME.

Pudlugger
10-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah BullPup19, I remember going there after jr hi games earliar. They close about 9 or 10 so best stop in before the game for the good egg drop soup.:D

Bull19
10-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah BullPup19, I remember going there after jr hi games earliar. They close about 9 or 10 so best stop in before the game for the good egg drop soup.:D

YOU BETTER STOP AND GET YOU SOME OF THAT SOUP PILLICKER CAUSE THAT WILL BE THE ONLY THING YOU WILL ENJOY ABOUT YOU TRIP TO BELLVILLE AFTER THE BRAHMAS BEAT YALL

formermbcouns
10-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Does LaGrange still run the same type of offense as they did back when Marlin played them in the playoffs?

Pudlugger
10-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by formermbcouns
Does LaGrange still run the same type of offense as they did back when Marlin played them in the playoffs?

No, the new coach in 2005 retooled the offense. They run the spread much like Marlin ran with the qb in the shotgun.

Pudlugger
10-22-2006, 10:29 PM
YOU BETTER STOP AND GET YOU SOME OF THAT SOUP PILLICKER CAUSE THAT WILL BE THE ONLY THING YOU WILL ENJOY ABOUT YOU TRIP TO BELLVILLE AFTER THE BRAHMAS BEAT YALL

You better hope the Bulls win because if they don't I'm serving you some crow soup.:D

tortilla_man
10-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Golden Pagoda closes @ 9. I used to work there, every thing is homemade! Cooked by the owners son's.

My personal favorite is the Mandarin Chicken(sweet & sour chicken meat w/general tso's sauce & some veggies mixed in) w/ Fried rice, a bowl of Hot & Sour, and an order of egg rolls!

Tea is good to!

and bellville will win this game by 10

formermbcouns
10-22-2006, 11:38 PM
They were a pure option team back then, the best I remember.

No, the new coach in 2005 retooled the offense. They run the spread much like Marlin ran with the qb in the shotgun.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-23-2006, 12:22 AM

Is something wrong with your caps lock button? Push it down to avoid using all caps.

hookandladder
10-23-2006, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Is something wrong with your caps lock button? Push it down to avoid using all caps.

Bull can't figure out which one that is.

BTEXDAD
10-23-2006, 07:35 AM
A meet & greet could be dangerous. :D

We could try to get along with them Bull's eye, but I think they're still upset about baseball playoffs last year and want to extract some sort of revenge

buffpride
10-23-2006, 09:20 AM
After a hard fought lost to Giddings and a close call against Caldwell, my thoughts would be that LG is pretty beat up. Bellville on the other hand has been able to use their backups in most of their games. The starters may not be "as conditioned" as they should be but will be able to go for 4 quarters and put another "W" in the column.

Good luck to both teams! Should be a great game

Pudlugger
10-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by buffpride
After a hard fought lost to Giddings and a close call against Caldwell, my thoughts would be that LG is pretty beat up. Bellville on the other hand has been able to use their backups in most of their games. The starters may not be "as conditioned" as they should be but will be able to go for 4 quarters and put another "W" in the column.

Good luck to both teams! Should be a great game

Well, it depends on how you look at it. What you call beat up some folks call seasoning. The Leps are okay injury wise not having lost any key players and are now a very salty bunch. Bellville can't lay a hit on them any harder than they have been taking the past two weeks. It will be more of a surprise for the Bulls after that first hit than for the Leps. The bulls haven't had a tough opponent since week 2 when they lost to Barbers Hill. The Leps will bring their A game Friday and I'm sure the Bulls will be prepared to play as well. The coaching is going to see to that for both teams. As far as conditioning goes the Leps are a good 4th quarter team as their record indicates.

KL3
10-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Parking is the main drawback at Bellville. I usually park on the Hwy and walk in.

Parking is different now Pud. You still have the parking lot by the school, but now there is a new parking lot where the old practice field used to be, right behind the visitors bleachers. They built 2 new practice fields back behind the baseball field and this is where they practice now.

Pudlugger
10-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Parking is different now Pud. You still have the parking lot by the school, but now there is a new parking lot where the old practice field used to be, right behind the visitors bleachers. They built 2 new practice fields back behind the baseball field and this is where they practice now.

Great! Thanks KL3.

BTEXDAD
10-23-2006, 10:29 AM
I know I'm getting off football subject, but how are LG girls doing in volleyball standings, Pud? Do you know?
I don't have daughter playing anymore (graduated) so I'm not up to date.
I understand Bellville and Caldwell playing for 1st place this Tuesday. Bellville unbeaten, caldwell one loss.
From the few games I've seen, I would think LG going to playoffs as 3rd place team.

Pudlugger
10-23-2006, 10:34 AM
Don't know off the top of my head but I'll check it out and let you know.

Fotbol
10-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Bellville LaGrange Bellville LaGrange Bellville LaGrange Bellville LaGrange:thinking: :hand: :doh: Bellville is my pick

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Bellville LaGrange Bellville LaGrange Bellville LaGrange Bellville LaGrange:thinking: :hand: :doh: Bellville is my pick

Hey Cunbed10, how is it going? I sure miss the Bellville vs Marlin game this year.

Bull19
10-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I think they're still upset about baseball playoffs last year and want to extract some sort of revenge

AGREED, THATS A HARD ONE TO SWALLOW FOR THEM

halfnhalf
10-23-2006, 05:05 PM
What i don't understand is why this argument gets so heated. Why dont the people just answer the question of who they think are going to win. There is no need to talk all that crap all the time. Either side you are on you can have a logical opinion, but when peopl just start talking down on other teams for no reason, it really makes them look stupid.

Gobbla2001
10-23-2006, 05:08 PM
AGREED, THATS A HARD ONE TO SWALLOW FOR THEM

I seriously doubt that do to their programs more statewide success...

Pudlugger
10-23-2006, 05:26 PM
What i don't understand is why this argument gets so heated. Why dont the people just answer the question of who they think are going to win. There is no need to talk all that crap all the time. Either side you are on you can have a logical opinion, but when peopl just start talking down on other teams for no reason, it really makes them look stupid.

Good point 1/2n1/2.

La Grange 34
Bellville 24

Bull's-eye
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM

I agree! I haven't seen LG, but can only go by scores and stats of their previous games. They did play Giddings alot closer than most people predicted. Bellville hasn't had too much competition, either due to weak opponents or that they were that much better than those teams. I hear alot about their loss to Barbers Hill, an undefeated (7-0) 4A team. No disrepect to the Eagles, but Bellville's starting QB was not throwing very well in that game (don't know if he was injured?). Bellville's leading rusher and one of their best lineman went out in the first half. RB Chaney was coming off knee surgery and wasn't close to a 100%. Bellville did find out they had a very good power runner in Abbs, and actually outscored BH in the 2nd half. Also heard that the team Bus was stuck in a Houston traffic for about 3 hours. Excuses?? Maybe, but they probably had some effect on that game. Now BH was a very good 3A team last year, going undefeated in the regular season, only to lose a heartbreaker in the playoffs to a very good Kirbyville team. They have won every game this year and I hope they continue their winning ways. There's no shame losing to a very good 4A team, they actually made Bellville a better team.

Pudlugger
10-23-2006, 05:56 PM
3 hours on a bus with 40 kids would throw anybody off their game!:D

Bull19
10-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I seriously doubt that do to their programs more statewide success...

HOW DO YOU FIGURE THAT?, PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING BEHIND THAT

Pudlugger
10-23-2006, 07:30 PM
HOW DO YOU FIGURE THAT?, PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR REASONING BEHIND THAT

He means the Leps have won state twice in the past 5 years in baseball.

Bull19
10-23-2006, 07:57 PM
He means the Leps have won state twice in the past 5 years in baseball.

NO, HOMER WON STATE TWICE IN THE PAST 5 YEARS, WHO HAPPENS TO BE A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE,SO DONT TELL ME IN REMAKRS ON HOW IT IS A TEAM GAME , HE WILL BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU HE CARRIED THOSE TEAMS, ALONG WITH THE HELP OF COLTER AT TIMES

halfnhalf
10-23-2006, 09:21 PM
NO, HOMER WON STATE TWICE IN THE PAST 5 YEARS, WHO HAPPENS TO BE A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE,SO DONT TELL ME IN REMAKRS ON HOW IT IS A TEAM GAME , HE WILL BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU HE CARRIED THOSE TEAMS, ALONG WITH THE HELP OF COLTER AT TIMES
so all state catcher Lance Schramm had nothing to do with that team either did he. Or all state center fielder Chase Anderle. Or Jake Kozelsky, i think he was an all state pitcher also, im not sure. That TEAM was good. Yes Homer was the backbone of that team, and was the best pitcher in the nation. But don't make the team sound like a bunch of chumps, becuase they were all good. But this being a football discussion thats all i have to say about that one.

Bull19
10-23-2006, 09:38 PM
so all state catcher Lance Schramm had nothing to do with that team either did he. Or all state center fielder Chase Anderle. Or Jake Kozelsky, i think he was an all state pitcher also, im not sure. That TEAM was good. Yes Homer was the backbone of that team, and was the best pitcher in the nation. But don't make the team sound like a bunch of chumps, becuase they were all good. But this being a football discussion thats all i have to say about that one.

DID YOU NOT READ MY POST? WIPE OFF YOUR COKE BTTLE GLASSES. WHEN YOU HAVE SHUTOUT PITCHING A MIDIOKER TEAM CAN SCRAPE UP A COUPLE OF RUNS TO WIN GAMES. IM NOT SAYING THEY WERE MIDIOKE BUT WHAT I AM SAYING IS WITHOUT HOMER THEY WOULD NOT HAVE DONE THE THINGS THAT THEY DID. THEY WOULD HAVE JUSR BEEN A ABOVE AVERAGE TEAM NOT STATE CHAMPION TYPE OF TEAM.

IS NEISSER STILL RECOVERING FROM HIS HIT?

Pudlugger
10-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Bull19's envy is showing.:devil:

hookandladder
10-24-2006, 06:18 AM
DID YOU NOT READ MY POST? WIPE OFF YOUR COKE BTTLE GLASSES. WHEN YOU HAVE SHUTOUT PITCHING A MIDIOKER TEAM CAN SCRAPE UP A COUPLE OF RUNS TO WIN GAMES. IM NOT SAYING THEY WERE MIDIOKE BUT WHAT I AM SAYING IS WITHOUT HOMER THEY WOULD NOT HAVE DONE THE THINGS THAT THEY DID. THEY WOULD HAVE JUSR BEEN A ABOVE AVERAGE TEAM NOT STATE CHAMPION TYPE OF TEAM.

That's just your stupid opinion, shared by very few people. If you do not beleive it takes a team to win a state championship in a team sport, than you must have been an I player. If this is correct and you played for Bellville the last 5 to 6 years maybe we know why you have not won any State Championships at Bellville. I am assuming you are a guy, now the girls are a whole nother story.

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 10:15 AM
What the Leps need to do to win against the Brahmas:
1) turnovers: the Leps have been successful in protecting the football this season. They need to win the battle of turnovers against Bellville
2) capitalize on their opportunities. The Leps have not consistantly scored following turnovers deep in the oppositions territory. They have left some points on the field before the half more than once this season and need to turn opportunities into points.
3) penalties have hurt the Leps and given the opposition new life in otherwise stalled drives. The Leps need to play smart and avoid unnecessary penalties. You can't do much more to avoid holding penalties other than trying not to hold because the Ref can call it almost every play. Procedural penalties have been rare with this well coached team.
4) keep pressure on the passer.
5) stop the run. Caldwell had way too much success running the football especially on reversed field and misdirection. The lbs need to contain the outside and fill the middle.
6) throw the football more. The Leps must get the ball to the receivers often to open the running game up. Bellville is a fast team and so far the Leps have been able to succeed against speed. The O line will need to play aggressively and own the line of scrimmage.

CenTexSports
10-24-2006, 10:17 AM
You forgot #7: Score more points!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

Yep, I would say at least 60% of the time, the team that scores more points wins. That percentage varies from state to state, however.

BTEXDAD
10-24-2006, 10:38 AM
What the Leps need to do to win against the Brahmas:
1) turnovers: the Leps have been successful in protecting the football this season. They need to win the battle of turnovers against Bellville
2) capitalize on their opportunities. The Leps have not consistantly scored following turnovers deep in the oppositions territory. They have left some points on the field before the half more than once this season and need to turn opportunities into points.
3) penalties have hurt the Leps and given the opposition new life in otherwise stalled drives. The Leps need to play smart and avoid unnecessary penalties. You can't do much more to avoid holding penalties other than trying not to hold because the Ref can call it almost every play. Procedural penalties have been rare with this well coached team.
4) keep pressure on the passer.
5) stop the run. Caldwell had way too much success running the football especially on reversed field and misdirection. The lbs need to contain the outside and fill the middle.
6) throw the football more. The Leps must get the ball to the receivers often to open the running game up. Bellville is a fast team and so far the Leps have been able to succeed against speed. The O line will need to play aggressively and own the line of scrimmage.

Which one are you, pud? Lee Corso or Kirk Herbstreit?

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

That was assumed Einstein.:D

Bull's-eye
10-24-2006, 10:56 AM
1. Win the turnover battle
2. Capitalize on opportunities
3. Avoid penalties
4. Pressure the QB
5. Stop the run

Doesn't this apply to most teams?

KL3
10-24-2006, 10:57 AM
In response to your #1 Pud, Bellville is +14 this year in turnovers with 14 interceptions on the year as a team. Not saying what will happen, just throwing out some stats.

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Yes of course. The winning team needs to do these things. I just thought it would be interesting to talk about it. I'm sure the coaches on both sides will be talking about these things a lot this week.

The Leps have been improving each week. If they come out fired up Friday they have a good chance of upsetting Bellville. Neither team has played one another in their players' careers, so past performances will not be a big factor in motivation. The idea that the 2005 baseball playoffs will somehow motivate either team is a little weak.

The Leps are 6-1 losing only to #3 Giddings in a very close game, yet they are not on anyone's top 25 poll. Their success has been discounted by others on this board as due only to a weak schedule. Well they are 1-1 in district after Giddings and Caldwell and now go to Bellville. They are not in a weak schedule now and so far have acquitted themselves pretty well. They have been playing under the radar all season. Hopefully they will prove themselves against a respected and ranked Bellville team. That is what this game is about in my opinion.

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by KL3
In response to your #1 Pud, Bellville is +14 this year in turnovers with 14 interceptions on the year as a team. Not saying what will happen, just throwing out some stats.

Well that is an impressive record. I hope they have an off night Friday. LOL:D

Bull19
10-24-2006, 12:17 PM
That's just your stupid opinion, shared by very few people. If you do not beleive it takes a team to win a state championship in a team sport, than you must have been an I player. If this is correct and you played for Bellville the last 5 to 6 years maybe we know why you have not won any State Championships at Bellville. I am assuming you are a guy, now the girls are a whole nother story.

ARE YOU RETARDED? DID YOU NOT READ MY POST? I CLEARLY SAID THEY WERE AN ABOVE AVERAGE TEAM? MY MAIN POINT IS THAT WITHOUT HOMER THAT WOULD HAVE NOT WON STATE, AND THEIR ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO WOULD A AGREE WITH ME. CLEARLY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME OF HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL. WHEN YOU HOLD THE OTHER TEAM TO 0 RUNS THEIR IS NO WAY FOR THEM TO WIN. IF YOUR WERE TO READ MY POST I CLEARLY SAY THEY WERE A VERY GOOD TEAM, BUT WITHOUT THE PITCHING OF HOMER THEY WOULD NOT HAVE DONE THE THINGS THAT THEY DID

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 12:33 PM
In 2004 in the semi-final against Llano, a very good team [even Bull19 will admit to that] Coach held Homer out for the possible championship game the following day while Forney went with their ace. Good move it turned out, because the Leps won on the 10 run rule with Jacob Kozelski pitching. In other words, the Leps easily beat the semi-finalist in their side of the draw without Homer's pitching. How is that for an "above average team" Bull19?

BTW coaching decesions like this one have much to do with a team's success. No doubt the Leps were way better with Homer than without, as any team would be with a national level player on board. That doesn't detract from the exceptional depth this team had. You just sound envious and petty to discount this team as a one man show.:(

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 12:36 PM
ARE YOU RETARDED?

That is very insensitive of you.:mad:

Bull19
10-24-2006, 12:37 PM
In 2004 in the semi-final against Llano, a very good team [even Bull19 will admit to that] Coach held Homer out for the possible championship game the following day while Forney went with their ace. Good move it turned out, because the Leps won on the 10 run rule with Jacob Kozelski pitching. In other words, the Leps easily beat the semi-finalist in their side of the draw without Homer's pitching. How is that for an "above average team" Bull19?

BTW coaching decesions like this one have much to do with a team's success. No doubt the Leps were way better with Homer than without, as any team would be with a national level player on board. That doesn't detract from the exceptional depth this team had. You just sound envious and petty to discount this team as a one man show.:(

AGREED, BUT THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPONION "BUT WITHOUT HOMER PITCHING FOR THEM THEY WOULDNT HAVE MADE IT TO STATE"

IF THEY WON ON THE 10-RUN RULE THEN IN THE STATE GAME THAT WAS NOT VERY GOOD PITCHING THEN FROM LLANO'S TEAM OR HORRIBLE DEFENSE

NONE THE LESS THEY WERE A TALENTED TEAM

Bull's-eye
10-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Let's keep this thread to Bellville/LG football. We can discuss baseball in the spring. ;)

Bull19
10-24-2006, 12:38 PM
That is very insensitive of you.:mad:

YOUR OWN OPINION

Bull19
10-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Let's keep this thread to Bellville/LG football. We can discuss baseball in the spring. ;)

DEAL IM TIRED OF TALKING BBALL ANYWAY,

Bull19
10-24-2006, 12:40 PM
FRIDAY NIGHT, PASTURE OF PAIN,

BELLVILLE WINS BY 14+

BULLS 30 - LA GRANGE 10

Bull19
10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
HEY PUD, DOES LA GRANGE'S CATCHER PLAY FOOTBALL? I KNOW THAT HE WAS A BIG KID AND IM CURIOUS TO IF HE PLAY BALL AND WHAT POSITION THEY HAVE HIM AT

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 12:52 PM
HEY PUD, DOES LA GRANGE'S CATCHER PLAY FOOTBALL? I KNOW THAT HE WAS A BIG KID AND IM CURIOUS TO IF HE PLAY BALL AND WHAT POSITION THEY HAVE HIM AT

If you're talking about the 2004 team, Lance Shramm plays baseball for Texas State San Marcos. He was an all district and all tri-county TE as well.

Bull19
10-24-2006, 12:55 PM
YES I KNOW LANCE I MEAN THIS PAST YEARS TEAM.

THE CATCHER FROM LAST YEARS TEAM, DOES HE PLAY FOOTBALL CURRENTLY FOR THE LEPS?

Bull's-eye
10-24-2006, 01:02 PM

BELLVILLE WINS BY 14+

BULLS 30 - LA GRANGE 10

We heard from Bull19, what's Pudlugger's prediction?

hookandladder
10-24-2006, 01:04 PM
ARE YOU RETARDED? DID YOU NOT READ MY POST? I CLEARLY SAID THEY WERE AN ABOVE AVERAGE TEAM? MY MAIN POINT IS THAT WITHOUT HOMER THAT WOULD HAVE NOT WON STATE, AND THEIR ARE MANY PEOPLE WHO WOULD A AGREE WITH ME. CLEARLY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME OF HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL. WHEN YOU HOLD THE OTHER TEAM TO 0 RUNS THEIR IS NO WAY FOR THEM TO WIN. IF YOUR WERE TO READ MY POST I CLEARLY SAY THEY WERE A VERY GOOD TEAM, BUT WITHOUT THE PITCHING OF HOMER THEY WOULD NOT HAVE DONE THE THINGS THAT THEY DID

First of all Jake Kozelsky was our #2 pitcher, Colter picthed very little. Second you did not every say they were a very good team, you just added that just now. You seem to have the coke bottle glasses, you write one thing then you forget what you wrote. I have coached a quite a bite of baseball in our area including Homer Bailey, and your comments about if LG did not have Homer they would have never won State is just your opinion. We all know what they say about opinions, their like a_ _ holes and everyone has one. Obviously there is some jealousy here with you and LG. As for Homer, I personally know Homer and his family as well. I think I would think twice before I would come on this board and put words in his mouth, Yes Homer is very confident person in his abilities on the field but he also understands their is a fine line between being confident and arrogant. If you were at the State Championship game his senior year in the 7th inning you would understand his relationship with his senior core group.

Bull19
10-24-2006, 01:18 PM
First of all Jake Kozelsky was our #2 pitcher, Colter picthed very little. Second you did not every say they were a very good team, you just added that just now. You seem to have the coke bottle glasses, you write one thing then you forget what you wrote. I have coached a quite a bite of baseball in our area including Homer Bailey, and your comments about if LG did not have Homer they would have never won State is just your opinion. We all know what they say about opinions, their like a_ _ holes and everyone has one. Obviously there is some jealousy here with you and LG. As for Homer, I personally know Homer and his family as well. I think I would think twice before I would come on this board and put words in his mouth, Yes Homer is very confident person in his abilities on the field but he also understands their is a fine line between being confident and arrogant. If you were at the State Championship game his senior year in the 7th inning you would understand his relationship with his senior core group.

FIRST OF ALL COKE BOTTLE GLASSES MCGEE I NEVER ONCE SAID COLTER PITCHED., SECOND I NEVER PUT WORDS IN HOMER'S MOUTH, IVE PLAYED BALL WITH HOMER ALL THROUGH MY HIGH SCHOOL DAYS NOT JUST AGAINST HIM, BUT WITH HIM ON THE SAME TEAM,

AND I COULD BE WRONG HERE BUT IF I REMEBER CORRECTLY HOMER DIDNT PLAY SOME HIS SOPH. YEAR,,,, I KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES WHY,,,,,,,, DO YOU? AND IF I AM WRONG DONT CORRECT ME CAUSE I REALLY DONT CARE SINCE IT HAS NO EFFECT OVER ANYTHING.

IM GUNNA TAKE A LINE FROM PUDLUGER NOW, "LETS ALL HOPE FOR A GOOD CLEAN GAME FRIDAY"

THIS IS ALL I WILL SAY ON THIS, A NEVER ENDING WAR THAT CAN GO ON FOREVER WITH YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

BTEXDAD
10-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Hopefully they will prove themselves against a respected and ranked Bellville team. That is what this game is about in my opinion.

Totally wrong, Pudlugger.
This is all about getting some good grub before the game, watching an exciting high school football game, then knocking down a few budweisers to mellow out.
Too much emphasis being put on bottom line.

hookandladder
10-24-2006, 01:52 PM

The next time I talk to Matt Miller( Colorado Rockies AAA), Jared Hickle(St. Johns University), Kevin Kalina( Galveston College), Josh Sulik( Blinn College), Seth Anderle, Schram Brothers( Texas State)Jake Kozalesky( Temple College)Chase Anderle(San Jack)
Colter Zock,Chris Nieser(Wharton College) I will remind them that they did not win a State Chapionship, some of them 2 State Championships. Looks to me with this list of players he had some pretty quaility help, but with my knowledge of baseball what would I know.

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Good point 1/2n1/2.

La Grange 34
Bellville 24

I already posted it above.

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Totally wrong, Pudlugger.
This is all about getting some good grub before the game, watching an exciting high school football game, then knocking down a few budweisers to mellow out.
Too much emphasis being put on bottom line.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

halfnhalf
10-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Actually you said HOMER was good with the help of Colter from "time to time". Idiot

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Folks please be patient while Bull19 works out his grief over not winning state in baseball.:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Bull19
10-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Actually you said HOMER was good with the help of Colter from "time to time". Idiot

YOUR OPINION IS WORTHLESS ROOKIE

BELLVILLE BY 14+ COME FRIDAY NIGHT

halfnhalf
10-24-2006, 03:12 PM
We'll leave it at that, because we know who looks dumb, no matter what degree you have or not. And yes, enough about baseball, that season is still far away.

pirate4state
10-24-2006, 03:14 PM
WHEW!!!! That was some pretty intense reading!! :thumbsup: Let me see if I can summarize for those that don't want to wade through all these posts!! :D

*Caldwell's kicking/special teams stinks and that is how LG won

*The "better team lost" argument rears its ugly head

*Both teams feel the other has had a weak schedule

*Casual observers feel that LG maybe to "banged up" and that Bellville may not be "as conditioned" as they need to be :thinking: Scheduling? You decide. :D

*Penalties and/or the refs throwing those ugly little flags have cost BOTH team TDs. I wonder if this a new thing or just limited to these two teams? :thinking:

*HOMER BAILEY is/was a STUD that single handly beat the Bellville team. For the record, I'm not sure how baseball got into a football convo, but such is life on the DL.

*Bellville has some sweet unis.

and

*The Pasture of Pain sounds scary and a bit smelly.

Now before someone goes and gets their knickers in a bunch I'm just having some fun!! :evillol:

Good Luck to both teams.

Bellville has always shown Sinton their support!! Never had any run-ins (that might change after this post) with either team so aside from these observations I will remain nuetral. SWITZERLAND for me this week!!!

:doh: I forgot something

BULL19 IS STUCK IN ALL CAPS and it is driving everyone nuts!! :D

halfnhalf
10-24-2006, 03:16 PM
I think you kind of nailed it on the head.

DaHop72
10-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I will remain nuetral. SWITZERLAND for me this week!!!

BULL19 IS STUCK IN ALL CAPS and it is driving everyone nuts!! :D Just remember, SWITZERLAND for p4s this week.:thumbsup:

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 03:18 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerl:

Bull19
10-24-2006, 03:18 PM
WHEW!!!! That was some pretty intense reading!! :thumbsup: Let me see if I can summarize for those that don't want to wade through all these posts!! :D

*Caldwell's kicking/special teams stinks and that is how LG won

*The "better team" argument rears its ugly head

*Both teams feel the other has had a weak schedule

*Casual observers feel that LG maybe to "banged up" and that Bellville may not be "as conditioned" as they need to be :thinking: Scheduling? You decide. :D

*Penalties and/or the refs throwing those ugly little flags have cost BOTH team TDs. I wonder if this a new thing or just limited to these two teams? :thinking:

*HOMER BAILEY is/was a STUD that single handly beat the Bellville team. For the record, I'm not sure how baseball got into a football convo, but such is life on the DL.

*Bellville has some sweet unis.

and

*The Pasture of Pain sounds scary and a bit smelly.

Now before someone goes and gets their knickers in a bunch I'm just having some fun!! :evillol:

Good Luck to both teams.

Bellville has always shown Sinton their support!! Never had any run-ins (that might change after this post) with either team so aside from these observations I will remain nuetral. SWITZERLAND for me this week!!!

:doh: I forgot something

BULL19 IS STUCK IN ALL CAPS and it is driving everyone nuts!! :D

YEAH THATS PRETTY MUCH IT.

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD LADDERANDHOOKER ITS (SAN JAC) SAN JACINTO--NO K IN IT

BTEXDAD
10-24-2006, 03:34 PM
So has anybody changed their mind about who will win?
Maybe somebody should start a new poll in case someone wants to change their vote.

pirate4state
10-24-2006, 03:43 PM
So has anybody changed their mind about who will win?
Maybe somebody should start a new poll in case someone wants to change their vote. Why would anyone want to change their vote?? :confused: :confused:

BTEXDAD
10-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Why would anyone want to change their vote?? :confused: :confused:

Bellville and LG people will vote for their team, but it's got to be hard for everyone else not to go along with arguments from either side. Everyone was doing such a great job of promoting their team.
For non lg or bellville people it must be like being a judge on dancing with the stars or American idol or something like that.
It's hard to decide how to vote

pirate4state
10-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Bellville and LG people will vote for their team, but it's got to be hard for everyone else not to go along with arguments from either side. Everyone was doing such a great job of promoting their team.
For non lg or bellville people it must be like being a judge on dancing with the stars or American idol or something like that.
It's hard to decide how to vote ROFL! I guess some people will vote against either team based on some of the things said on this message board, but why would you care? It isn't like this vote is gonna determine the outcome of the game.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2006, 05:07 PM

Man law?? :D All agree? Man law.

Bull19
10-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Man law?? :D All agree? Man law.

YES

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Bellville sucks!:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-24-2006, 05:23 PM
YES
You have to be a man to have a say.

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 05:29 PM

:clap: :clap: :cheerl: :flaming:

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
Will the Leps run the Crazy 8 again?:devil:

Gobbla2001
10-24-2006, 06:36 PM

and you, BBDE are THE man...

Go Leps!!!

Bull19
10-24-2006, 06:42 PM

THEN YOUR DOESNT COUNT SINCE YOUR THE YOUNGEST PERSON TO TALK ON THIS THREAD

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Your: pertaining to that which you posess

You're: Contraction of the two words you and are.

:flaming:

Bull's-eye
10-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Will the Leps run the Crazy 8 again?:devil:

What would the crazy 8 be?:crazy1:

Bull19
10-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Your: pertaining to that which you posess

You're: Contraction of the two words you and are.

:flaming:

THANX FOR THE ENGISH LESSON THAT YOU PRESENTED TO ME. I KNOW YOUR VERY SMART AND YOU'RE SMARTNESS WILL NOT BE QUESTIONED

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 07:07 PM
It is a spread offense that the Leps run.

Bull19
10-24-2006, 07:09 PM
PUD CAN YOU GIVE ME A % OF THE LEPS PASS-RUN

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 08:12 PM
26%

Peder507
10-24-2006, 09:40 PM
It really doesnt matter what kind of offence they run

Pudlugger
10-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Peder507
It really doesnt matter what kind of offence they run

because La Grange has such a good defense they will win.

There, I finished your incomplete sentence fragment for you.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Bellville rocks!:D :wave: :thumbsup: :clap:

Thanks Pudlugger!!:evillol: :evillol:

Bull's-eye
10-24-2006, 11:36 PM

La Grange 34
Bellville 24

The most points Bellville has given up this year is 28 and 21 of those were scored in the second half against back ups (Bellville won 59-28). Bellville is 3rd on the THSCA in team scoring.

Bellville 35
La Grange 21

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 03:35 AM
:wave: :thumbsup: :clap:

Thanks Pudlugger!!:evillol: :evillol:

I've been hacked!:foul:

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 04:28 AM
after reading this entire thing, all 10 pages, I only have one thing to say. Bull19, you have not contributed one thing to this conversation except to talk trash, change your opinion, and use all caps. all three are uneducated and annoying. Here are a few examples...

ARE YOU RETARDED? DID YOU NOT READ MY POST? I CLEARLY SAID THEY WERE AN ABOVE AVERAGE TEAM? ....IF YOUR WERE TO READ MY POST I CLEARLY SAY THEY WERE A VERY GOOD TEAM, BUT WITHOUT THE PITCHING OF HOMER THEY WOULD NOT HAVE DONE THE THINGS THAT THEY DID

took some out because it was too long.

midioker???? and what do coke bottle glasses have to do with anything?

NO YOUR WRONG, POOCH KICKS ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, DO YOU NOT REMEMBER THE BALL GOING OUT OF BOUNDS ON HIS LAST KICK0OFF BY LANDING 20 YARDS IN FRONT OF HIM AND SHOOTING OUT OF BOUNDS. IF HE WAS POOCH KICKING HE'D KICK IT HIGH AND IN BOUNDS WHICH HE CLEARLY DID NOT DO. YOU WILL SEE WHAT A CORRECT POOCH KICK WILL LOOK LIKE COME FRIDAY.

AND PROVE TO ME MISTER KNOW IT ALL THAT THE COACH TOLD HIM TO DO THAT EXACTLY.... THATS RIGHT YOU CANT SO NEVER MAKE A BOLD COMMENT LIKE THAT AGAIN WHEN YOU HAVE NO PROOF WHAT SO EVER THAT HE TOLD HIM TO DO THAT EXACTLY.

Do you even know what a pooch kick is??? A pooch kick is high and in bounds?? here is the definition...
Pooch Kick: A low, line drive kickoff that often bounces around before it is fielded by the kick returner.

YOUR OPINION IS WORTHLESS ROOKIE

Wait so you have to post a magical number of posts before anyone listens to you?

Oh and when you tell other people to check their spelling, the San Jac quote, im too tired to put it on right now, please check your own first, Id need a whole new thread to get all your errors on here.

Other than that, have a good day :D

hookandladder
10-25-2006, 06:27 AM
THANX FOR THE ENGISH LESSON THAT YOU PRESENTED TO ME. I KNOW YOUR VERY SMART AND YOU'RE SMARTNESS WILL NOT BE QUESTIONED

Hey Bull, this is like me spelling San Jack right. Atleast you know what college I am referring to. I personally do respect Bellville's atheletic program, those girls really know how to bring home state championship's. The boy's well let's just say their a little behind and you can't blame coaching.

STXBramha
10-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Win something without Homer and then talk down on the bellville guys program.

halfnhalf
10-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by STXBramha
Well we did win state in softball two years ago and football in 2000 and went back to the state game in 2001, and Homer played none of those sports.

BTEXDAD
10-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Will Friday ever get here? Been a long week.

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 08:32 AM

It wasnt meant to be a talk down on Bellville, it was defending LG.. I have no problem with Bellville, just one of their fans

hookandladder
10-25-2006, 08:33 AM

I was not aware Homer played Football. I must have missed him when I watching LG win a State Championship and Runner up State Championship.

STXBramha
10-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Ok well Bellville has won district like the last 7 years and has gone deep in a few of them..Nice try though

KL3
10-25-2006, 08:53 AM
I must have missed him when I watching LG win a State Championship and Runner up State Championship.

I'll give you credit for the 2000 title, but in 2001 Bellville beat La Grange in district play 31-7. LG had the easier road in D2, while Bellville lost to an eventual State runner up Sinton team in the Reg Finals in D1. LG technically went farther, but they were not a better team than Bellville that year.

hookandladder
10-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Ok well Bellville has won district like the last 8 years and has gone deep in a few of them..Nice try though

No one from La Grange has come on here and made comments as to why a school has won a State Championship. La Grange and Bellville are 2 of the your top schools in 3 A that produce State caliber teams in multiple sports. You can look back in any sport that has won a state championship, you will have a go to person that stands out. However that go to person has to have a great supporting cast, I think if you look into the championships at both schools you will find that person. I know I could point them out at both LG and Beville. There is no need of jealousy, be happy for the kids that are participating .

hookandladder
10-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by KL3
I'll give you credit for the 2000 title, but in 2001 Bellville beat La Grange in district play 31-7. LG had the easier road in D2, while Bellville lost to an eventual State runner up Sinton team in the Reg Finals in D1. LG technically went farther, but they were not a better team than Bellville that year.

What does that have to do with Homer.

KL3
10-25-2006, 09:10 AM
I was not aware Homer played Football. I must have missed him when I watching LG win a State Championship and Runner up State Championship.

My post was in response to this post. Are you not talking about football here?

Hoss
10-25-2006, 10:46 AM
All of you need to grow up!!!

LG and Bellville are BOTH top flight programs. LG has proven that they are back...in football.

Bellville is in the middle of a great run...could be 10 years of playoff football!!!

Quit calling out each other over a couple of gifted athletes!!!

The past is...THE PAST!!!

Work hard, listen to coaching and don't cry over what you have or don't have.

Bellville lost a stud rb/cb in Cooper. Abbs stepped up...but it has cost Bellville at DE and CB. They will be ok.

Both teams will come out juiced...it is a big game. The stands will be packed and people will line the fences!

Bellville 35
LG 14

Bellville's balanced attack and strong Defense will over come LG's running game and Strong Defense!!
Good luck to BOTH teams and let's have a safe game!

:) :) :)

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by KL3

True Bellville beat the leps and went DI getting a tough draw against Sinton in round 3. Also true that Bellville was a state caliber team that year. The Leps went in that game very down and got whupped. One of the team captain's, Lance Schramm, was hospitalized the wed before the game with a ruptured appendix. The Leps all state qb, Chase Anderle was injured late in the 2nd quarter from a facemask on the option. I'm not making excuses for the poor showing by the Leps in 2001. They went in flat, lost some key players and Bellville capitalized on their opportunities and were the better team that night.

The Leps did not start playing like a state championship team until they met Wimberley in the Regional finals round 4. Wimberley had a very good team that year with Slaughter at tb and lb (aTm now) and Zach Byers 6'5" wr. The Leps won 21-9. They then beat Giddings (who had beaten Newton the week before) in the semi-finals and went to state losing 14-11 to a very good Commerce team. No need to feel too bad about the Bellville debacle. Bellville was the better team that night. I don't think they were the better team in December 2001, but that is all just opinion.

The Leps will be facing the Brahmas for the first time since that 2001 game. It is going to be a hard hitting tough football game.

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Hoss
All of you need to grow up!!!

LG and Bellville are BOTH top flight programs. LG has proven that they are back...in football.

Bellville is in the middle of a great run...could be 10 years of playoff football!!!

Quit calling out each other over a couple of gifted athletes!!!

The past is...THE PAST!!!

Work hard, listen to coaching and don't cry over what you have or don't have.

Bellville lost a stud rb/cb in Cooper. Abbs stepped up...but it has cost Bellville at DE and CB. They will be ok.

Both teams will come out juiced...it is a big game. The stands will be packed and people will line the fences!

Bellville 35
LG 14

Bellville's balanced attack and strong Defense will over come LG's running game and Strong Defense!!
Good luck to BOTH teams and let's have a safe game!

:) :) :)

Hoss, our posts went up at about the same time so allow me the discussion re 2001.

Tell us a little about the Bellville offense. Do they set up out of the shotgun or over center. TE or split wrs? What percentage do they pass the football. I wish I could have watched them play this year but I'll have to wait untill Friday.:)

KL3
10-25-2006, 11:21 AM
1. Anderle was not an all-state QB. Baseball yes, QB no.
2. Slaughter is not at A&M, he is at Tech. Besides he is a walkon. 8 or 9 players from the Bellville defense that year went on to play college ball, and no, they were not walk-ons.
3. The most points Bellville gave up all year was 21, to Sinton. No way LG puts up more than 31, which Bellville scored vs LG.
4. You say LG started playing so much better in the playoffs. They beat Giddings in Week 1 by 3, beat them in Week 15 by 8. Not too much of a difference there.
5. No matter what the opinions are, Bellville and La Grange played in 2001, and Bellville won 31-7.

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by KL3
2. Slaughter is not at A&M, he is at Tech. Besides he is a walkon. 8 or 9 players from the Bellville defense that year went on to play college ball, and no, they were not walk-ons.
3. The most points Bellville gave up all year was 21, to Sinton. No way LG puts up more than 31, which Bellville scored vs LG.
4. You say LG started playing so much better in the playoffs. They beat Giddings in Week 1 by 3, beat them in Week 15 by 8. Not too much of a difference there.
5. No matter what the opinions are, Bellville and La Grange played in 2001, and Bellville won 31-7.

Actually Anderle, who was a sophomore, was named second team all state in one of the polls that year after the state final. AP I believe. Sorry, I wasn't sure about Slaughter, I thought maybe Tech 'cause I watched that game and heard his name called, but had a senior moment I guess. But as for Giddings, they were a stud team in 2001. When we played them in game two of the season neither teams were playing at the level they were in the state semi-finals. I don't know if you remember Newton that year, but Giddings played them real tough to get to the semis. Yes, as I said, Bellville whupped La Grange in 2001.

All this is just background for the big game Friday.

Bull's-eye
10-25-2006, 11:44 AM
I've been hacked!:foul:

Just having a little fun, good response. :clap:

Hoss
10-25-2006, 11:49 AM
To answer you question pud...
Bellville is a multiple team.
They base out of the wing-t, but almost never run the wing.
They are mostly 2 back, but run 1 back no huddle some times.
They are mostly under center, but will get in 1 back shotgun sometimes.
They even line up in a 2 TE T formation.
They run about 40 different formations a game.
They run drop back passes, sprintout passes and play action passes.
They are just about the most multiply team in the state. They players have a hard time learning the system. They same system has been in place for 11 year (Coach Chancellor's), so the kids have a good grasp of it. They could not run this offense without learning the basics at the lower levels. New kids (transfers) really struggle. This is the main reason that Bellville gets so much better about this time every year...The kids have enough of an understanding for the coaches to really get creative.

Very difficult to prepare for!!!:eek: :eek:

run pass is 65/35%

Bull's-eye
10-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Hoss
run pass is 66/35%

:confused:

Hoss
10-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Key stroke error...check again
:thinking:

BTEXDAD
10-25-2006, 12:18 PM
slightly less than 2/3 run and slightly more than 1/3 pass.
That is 66.5% run and 33.5% pass. That's why Hoss' percentages didn't come out exactly to 100.

Bull19
10-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by KL3

GOOD POST

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 05:13 PM
The field should be pretty soft and wet Friday with rain today and expected tomorrow. Will Bellville be more effected by this due to their passing game and speed or will it not matter. The football will be slippery I bet. It will be a slow field with poor footing. I expect a lot of receivers will be slipping some. Hopefully it will average out for both teams and just make the game more interesting.

Bull19
10-25-2006, 05:21 PM
The field should be pretty soft and wet Friday with rain today and expected tomorrow. Will Bellville be more effected by this due to their passing game and speed or will it not matter. The football will be slippery I bet. It will be a slow field with poor footing. I expect a lot of receivers will be slipping some. Hopefully it will average out for both teams and just make the game more interesting.

AS OF RIGHT NOW THE FIELD WILL NOT BE AN ISSUE, HAVENT HAD MUCH RAIN TODAY JUST ENOUGH TO GET IT DAMP, EVEN WITH A WET FIELD IT SHOULD NOT HAVE TO MUCH EFFECT ON THE GAME, THE FIELD IS IN VERY VERY GOOD SHAPE AS OF RIGHT NOW

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Great. I remember the Pasture as being pretty lush unlike some fields that resemble clay more than grass. Central Texas schools get good rain in the fall. The Leps played La Vernia in the second round in 2000 in Hays Concolidated and that field was hard. So was Bryan in 2002 against Marlin. I like a lush green field. Looking forward to Friday.

Bull19
10-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Great. I remember the Pasture as being pretty lush

THEY DONT CALL IT THE PASTURE FOR NOTHING

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Bull19, what did you not understand about no caps? why do you do it?

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 05:35 PM
THEY DONT CALL IT THE PASTURE FOR NOTHING

Just as long as there are no pasture pies in it I'll be okay.:D

Bull19
10-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
Bull19, what did you not understand about no caps? why do you do it?

BECAUSE I CAN,, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT READ IT, OR TRY AND STOP ME

Bull19
10-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Just as long as there are no pasture pies in it I'll be okay.:D

THEY USUALLY PICK THEM UP A COUPLE HOURS BEFORE GAME TIME

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 05:38 PM
BECAUSE I CAN,, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT READ IT, OR TRY AND STOP ME

Hahaha, when and where

Bull19
10-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Hahaha, when and where

WAL MART PARKING LOT BREHNAM, 10PM

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Hahahaha, you are hilarious... why would I waste any of the time I have on someone like you?

Bull19
10-25-2006, 05:45 PM
IM NOT LAUGHING, YOU ASKED A TIME AND PLACE, I GAVE YOU ONE,

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 05:47 PM
honestly, I cant tell what you are doing, you are all in caps, so it looks like you are yelling. man, you think I am going to go somewhere to fight you over a chat room? no, Im just going to debase and belittle you with words, because I can....

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Haha, you lookin up debase and belittle???

Bull19
10-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Haha, you lookin up debase and belittle???

THIS THREAD IS BOUT LA GRANGE AND BELLVILLE NOT MY DECISION TO USE ALL CAPS, SO EITHER TALK FBALL OR TAKE YOUR WORTHLESS COMMENTS SOMEWHERE ELSE

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
whoa whoa, you are the one tellin me to stop you, I didnt start the moving away from football. Actually, with the caps, you could say I did, but really, all I was askin was for you not to have it all in caps. It looks like you are ticked off every time i see one of your posts. If you wanna do it, fine man, but I would appreciate it, and I know a few others would too, if you didnt use caps all the time. ok, Ill be back to football now

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 06:30 PM
I asked Bull19 many threads ago to stop the all caps, but he refussed to listen. It makes you sound hysterical. Saturday Night Live with Will Farrow had a hilarious skit on voice immodulation syndrome. Bull19 has internet voice immodulation syndrome.:D

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Will Fowler?? hahaha, Will Ferrel had a great voice modulation skit, I cant remember Fowler doin it. and hey, its a medical condition, nothing to make fun of...

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Caught in the middle of editing. A rare event.:D

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Hahaha, Will Farrow?

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Will Fowler?? hahaha, Will Ferrel had a great voice modulation skit, I cant remember Fowler doin it. and hey, its a medical condition, nothing to make fun of...

Fowler. Ferrow , Ferrel you know who I mean man, the tool in the diaper!:D

bulldogman06
10-25-2006, 06:41 PM
haha yea, and those could be his alibis right?

BTEXDAD
10-25-2006, 06:46 PM
are you coming to Bellville early friday for Golden Pagoda, Pud? I ate there last night (tues).
I'll probably do mexican food friday, or else just BBQ hamburgers at home.
This thread kind of got out of hand, but it sure has gotten me excited about game.

Pudlugger
10-25-2006, 06:56 PM
'Prolly eat early at home and make the drive at 6. It's too far to get there early enough to eat before the game. Have to get back to the Golden Pagoda another trip. Yes this was destined to be a very interesting thread. Looking forward to a good game too.:)

Bull19
10-25-2006, 07:40 PM
TALKED TO A SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR TODAY AT THE HIGH SCHOOL AND HE SAID THEY HAVE SOLD MORE PRE-GAME TICKETS THAN USUALLY FOR THIS WEEKS GAME,, SHOULD BE A GOOD CROWD AT THE PASTURE

Bull's-eye
10-25-2006, 09:37 PM
TALKED TO A SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR TODAY AT THE HIGH SCHOOL AND HE SAID THEY HAVE SOLD MORE PRE-GAME TICKETS THAN USUALLY FOR THIS WEEKS GAME,, SHOULD BE A GOOD CROWD AT THE PASTURE

Ticket scalpers are getting $50 for reserved seats and $25 for SRO! Luxury boxes are sold out. :D

hookandladder
10-26-2006, 06:20 AM
Ticket scalpers are getting $50 for reserved seats and $25 for SRO! Luxury boxes are sold out. :D

Also heard ESPN will be their to highlight the game. Maybe next year La Grange- Bellville game will be on ESPN.

BTEXDAD
10-26-2006, 07:44 AM
If it's an exciting game, there is some possibility of it getting on espn as an Instant classic. I'm not sure of Espn's procedure for determining which games are deemed "classics".
I do know any time Notre Dame has a close game, it winds up on Espn Classic the next week. I see no reason a Bellville/La Grange matchup shouldn't be treated the same way.

Pudlugger
10-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Hope the visitor's side doesn't get filled up with folks wearing Red!LOL. Seriously, there will be a large La Grange contingent at this game so it may be SRO.

Question for BTEXDAD or Bulls-Eye: Can you buy admission tickets on the visitors side of the field or do you need to enter at the home side gate?

Bull19
10-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Hope the visitor's side doesn't get filled up with folks wearing Red!LOL. Seriously, there will be a large La Grange contingent at this game so it may be SRO.

Question for BTEXDAD or Bulls-Eye: Can you buy admission tickets on the visitors side of the field or do you need to enter at the home side gate?

EITHER HOME SIDE OR SOUTH END ZONE

Pudlugger
10-26-2006, 11:39 AM
EITHER HOME SIDE OR SOUTH END ZONE

South endzone? Is that the side with the snack bar?

BTEXDAD
10-26-2006, 12:02 PM
South endzone? Is that the side with the snack bar?
No the opposite end. Toward high school. Still only the one snack bar on north end.

There is a new parking lot behind visitors stands between baseball field and high school. It was there last year already if you came over for the baseball playoff game.
If you park there, you'll need to walk to that south gate to get in though.

hookandladder
10-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Bellville Meat Market has been detected to have Listeria Monocytogenes, The Texas Department of Health Service has warned peolple who have purchased summer sausage or other smoked meats at this meat market to dispose of all if you have purchased from Bellville.

BTEXDAD
10-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Bellville Meat Market has been detected to have Listeria Monocytogenes, The Texas Department of Health Service has warned peolple who have purchased summer sausage or other smoked meats at this meat market to dispose of all if you have purchased from Bellville.

I had heard that this morn also.
Nobody reported being sick, but supposedly this was from one of their regular inspections. I buy stuff their all the time, but normally not the ready to eat smoked meats which is where problem came up.
Hopefully can be corrected with no residual problems.

Pudlugger
10-26-2006, 01:18 PM
I had heard that this morn also.
Nobody reported being sick, but supposedly this was from one of their regular inspections. I buy stuff their all the time, but normally not the ready to eat smoked meats which is where problem came up.
Hopefully can be corrected with no residual problems.

Listeria infections are not usually very severe for adults. Symptoms are like a mild flu or cold. The big problem is in the unborn fetus. It can cause intrauterine death and any pregnant women suspected of exposure should consult her MD, especially if she has had a recent cold like illness. This is a serious problem for pregnant women. Listeria is also sometimes found in unpasteurized soft white cheese commonly used in Mexican foods.

Hope they are not serving this sausage at the game !

Bull's-eye
10-26-2006, 03:34 PM
How's the weather in Bellville? We are getting lots of rain in the Sugar Land area.

Pudlugger
10-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Rained all day yesterday and this am in LG. It was a good soaking rain with not too much runoff. Great for the ranchers. Its sunny and humid now with thunderstorms expected tonight and early tomorrow. Sunny and clear Friday night with lows in the 50s. Wear a jacket to the game. Perfect football weather! Go Leps, Beat Bellville!!!:D

KL3
10-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm waiting for the much anticipated prediction from Bellville22......

Pudlugger
10-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Three guesses! Bellville by _____.:D

Bull19
10-26-2006, 06:10 PM
How's the weather in Bellville? We are getting lots of rain in the Sugar Land area.

JUST STARTED RAINING NOW. HASNT RAINED ANY TODAY, BEEN VERY HOT AND HUMID. HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET A NICE SHOWER TONIGHT THEN HAVE A CLEAR DAY TOMM.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-26-2006, 11:15 PM

Bellville got much needed rain, but go it at a bad time, I am afraid the Pasture will be very sloppy for the game.

hookandladder
10-27-2006, 06:28 AM
Last night in the Freshmen game a Bellville player broke his arm, does anyone how is doing. I thought I heard it pop when he got hit. It was on a on side kickoff.

KL3
10-27-2006, 09:16 AM
What was the freshman score hookandladder?

Bull19
10-27-2006, 09:28 AM

I THINK ID RATHER TAKE MY CHANCES WITH THE BAD MEAT FROM BELLVILLE THAN THE BAD CHICKEN IN LA GRANGE. NO TELLING WHATS IN THEIRS

Gobbla2001
10-27-2006, 10:10 AM
Spent some time in the Sugar Land area Yesterday... nothing but freaking rain the whole time I was there... driving back was horrible, they need to fix that 59 going through there, I think they are but they need to hurry :D

Bull19
10-27-2006, 11:18 AM
CURRENTLY THE TEMP IS A COOL 70 DEGREED GIVE OR TAKE 5. VERY SUNNY THOUGH,,, THE FIELD SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR TONIGHT, MIGHT BE A LTTLE DAMP BUT IT WONT BE A SWAP

KL3
10-27-2006, 03:01 PM
A few notes from the Bellville Times on last weeks Smithville game....

-- Bellville actually had 4 touchdowns called back b/c of penalties including a 25 yard TD pass to B. Harris & a punt return TD by Harris.

-- Bellville ran only 21 plays in the first half, and scored on 5 of them.

-- Bellville leads the all-time series vs. La Grange 35-24-1

cdlvj
10-27-2006, 03:41 PM
CURRENTLY THE TEMP IS A COOL 70 DEGREED GIVE OR TAKE 5. VERY SUNNY THOUGH,,, THE FIELD SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR TONIGHT, MIGHT BE A LTTLE DAMP BUT IT WONT BE A SWAP

What about the wind?

Bull19
10-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by cdlvj
What about the wind?

ITS HOWLING WITH GUSTS UP TO 20MPH

KL3
10-27-2006, 05:45 PM
The wind will slow down later tonight.

Pudlugger
10-27-2006, 05:51 PM
It only blows on Bellville's side of the field. LOL:D

Off to the Pasture now. All be safe. I'll get back to yall around 11:30 after I return.:)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Bellville Freshmen 37 La Grange 15, the jv game was called of due to lighting.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Bellville wins 27-9 over La Grange, the Brahmas turned the ball over 4 times, and still won by 18 hold on to the ball and Bellville scores more. Good luck to the Leps the rest of the way!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2006, 11:02 PM
The Brahmas are done with the weak sisters in 23a and now must face La Grange, Caldwell and Giddings.

One down 2 to go!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Must be from worrying about LG. ,it's your turn to step to the plate and face the meat of the schedule. Let's see how bold you are,let us hear what you predict for your Bellvlle team to do against the big 3 in District( Giddings,Caldwell and La Grange). Let's hear it FBB.

One down 2 to go!:wave:

Bull19
10-27-2006, 11:47 PM
ID LIKE TO SEE THE STATS FROM THIS GAME, SHOULD BE VERY ONE SIDED. I AGREE WITH FBB IF BELLVILLE WOULD HAVE HELD ON TO THE BALL THIS GAME COULD HAVE GOTTEN VERY UGLY

Pudlugger
10-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Great game Brahmas. The Bull defense stopped the Leps after turning the ball over three times to frustrate the LG offense. The Bull offense converted at least three or four critical third and longs to keep the Lep D on the field and grind them down. A very well executed game plan and a load of fine athletes on this Bellville team. Hicks and O'Conner on O and Slater and Bryant on D were the standouts from Bellville. Good luck the rest of the way and give those Buffs all they can take.:clap:

Bull19
10-27-2006, 11:50 PM

BELLVILLE WINS BY 14+

BULLS 30 - LA GRANGE 10

I WAS CLOSE, BUT NOT CLOSE ENOUGH

Bull19
10-27-2006, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pudlugger
Great game Brahmas. The Bull defense stopped the Leps after turning the ball over three times to frustrate the LG offense. The Bull offense converted at least three or four critical third and longs to keep the Lep D on the field and grind them down. A very well executed game plan and a load of fine athletes on this Bellville team. Hicks and O'Conner on O and Slater and Bryant on D were the standouts from Bellville. Good luck the rest of the way and give those Buffs all they can take.:clap] : [/QUOTE

HICKS? I THINK U MEAN HARRIS

Pudlugger
10-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah, sorry it's late. He was very fast and did a great job finding his holes and getting into daylight, especally on the last td(the nail in the coffin td for the Leps).

Bull19
10-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Yeah, sorry it's late. He was very fast and did a great job finding his holes and getting into daylight, especally on the last td(the nail in the coffin td for the Leps).

IMO HE IS THE HARDEST PERSON TO TACKLE IN 3A. VERY VERY QUICK, GOOD EXPLOSION AND HE DOESNT GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT, AS SOON AS YOU THINK YOU HAVE HIM WRAPPED UP BAM HES GONE

Bull's-eye
10-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Here some stats from the game. Bellville had 385 totals yards, 244 yds rushing and 141 yds passing. LG had 219 total yds, only 68 yds rushing on 31 attempts and 151 yds passing. Bellville had a total of 6 fumbles, 3 of them recovered by LG. Each team was flagged only twice. Bellville's Harris scored 3 TD's, rushed for 110 yds and had 104 yds receiving.

Peder507
10-28-2006, 12:46 AM
we quit school because of recess

Bull's-eye
10-28-2006, 01:36 AM
Bellville wasn't very sharp in this game, too many fumbles that probably cost them 2 more scores. Little disappointed in the coaching, especially going for 2 points with the score 20-9. The failed conversion kept LG within 2 scores of tying the game. They also failed to stretched the defense by throwing the ball deep. LG's defense played very tight in the box, keying on stopping the run. Give their defense credit, they made Bellville earn every point. Their offense wasn't as good as I expected, they seemed to get a little too "cute" with their play calling and formations. Number 22 is a very good runner and would probably benefit from running in a more conventional type offense. I don't like the fake kickoffs by the Leps, this seems very bush league and delays the game. Bellville's defense was awesome. Several times they stopped deep LG drives, that were either set up by fumbles or kick returns of the infamous pop up kicks. Not sure why Bellville kept kicking short, because LG did a excellant job of returning them.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-28-2006, 08:20 AM

La Grange did not even fill there side of the stands, were was the Lep faithfull?

KL3
10-28-2006, 08:56 AM
I think this game would have been a shutout if not for the fumbles. Both of LG's scoring drives came on short fields, drives that were started on the Bellville side of the field.

halfnhalf
10-28-2006, 10:18 AM
ID LIKE TO SEE THE STATS FROM THIS GAME, SHOULD BE VERY ONE SIDED. I AGREE WITH FBB IF BELLVILLE WOULD HAVE HELD ON TO THE BALL THIS GAME COULD HAVE GOTTEN VERY UGLY
I talked to a guy who did the stats, and he said that La Grange hardly had any offense at all. Hats off to Bellville, turning the ball over four times, and still winning in convincing fashion. If no turnovers, this one might have gotten really ugley.

Bull's-eye
10-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Here some stats from the game. Bellville had 385 totals yards, 244 yds rushing and 141 yds passing. LG had 219 total yds, only 68 yds rushing on 31 attempts and 151 yds passing. Bellville had a total of 6 fumbles, 3 of them recovered by LG. Each team was flagged only twice. Bellville's Harris scored 3 TD's, rushed for 110 yds and had 104 yds receiving.

Stats for halfnhalf.

halfnhalf
10-28-2006, 12:00 PM
thanx :thumbsup:

cdlvj
10-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Bellville wasn't very sharp in this game, too many fumbles that probably cost them 2 more scores. Little disappointed in the coaching, especially going for 2 points with the score 20-9. The failed conversion kept LG within 2 scores of tying the game. They also failed to stretched the defense by throwing the ball deep. LG's defense played very tight in the box, keying on stopping the run. Give their defense credit, they made Bellville earn every point. Their offense wasn't as good as I expected, they seemed to get a little too "cute" with their play calling and formations. Number 22 is a very good runner and would probably benefit from running in a more conventional type offense. I don't like the fake kickoffs by the Leps, this seems very bush league and delays the game. Bellville's defense was awesome. Several times they stopped deep LG drives, that were either set up by fumbles or kick returns of the infamous pop up kicks. Not sure why Bellville kept kicking short, because LG did a excellant job of returning them.

Callis would also benefit from not playing the entire game, and just concentrate on offense.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Great game Brahmas. A very well executed game plan and a load of fine athletes on this Bellville team. Hicks and O'Conner

Who is Hicks?:thinking:

Bull's-eye
10-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Who is Hicks?:thinking:

Must mean #5 Harris.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Must mean #5 Harris.

How can you mix up a name like Harris, last years MVP.

Bull19
10-29-2006, 10:46 AM

SHOW MORE RESPECT TO BRANDON HARRIS. EVERYBODY IN THE STATE KNOWS WHO HE IS, DONT ACT LIKE YOU DONT KNOW HIS NAME. BUT IF YOUR THAT MUCH OUT OF IT AND YOU DONT KNOW ONE OF THE BIGGEST PLAYMAKERS IN THE STATE, WHAT A SHAME, BET YOU WONT FORGET IN NOW

KL3
10-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Bull, I think Pudlugger made an honest mistake here.

Pudlugger
10-29-2006, 11:24 AM

I thought I made this right on this post but I see some folks want to talk about it so here goes. I made a mistake, it was late, I'm bad with names. I'm sorry, don't take offense it was a brain flatus.

Pudlugger
10-29-2006, 11:28 AM
SHOW MORE RESPECT TO BRANDON HARRIS. EVERYBODY IN THE STATE KNOWS WHO HE IS, DONT ACT LIKE YOU DONT KNOW HIS NAME. BUT IF YOUR THAT MUCH OUT OF IT AND YOU DONT KNOW ONE OF THE BIGGEST PLAYMAKERS IN THE STATE, WHAT A SHAME, BET YOU WONT FORGET IN NOW

There are people with class, there are good losers, there are gracious winners then there are Bull19 and FormerBellvilleBrahma who are none of these. Your posts reveal much more about your character than mine which was an honest mistake. I got a name mixed up but yall make yourselves look bad with your snarky replies.

Pudlugger
10-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Bull, I think Pudlugger made an honest mistake here.

Thank you KL3.

Bull19
10-29-2006, 12:42 PM
There are people with class, there are good losers, there are gracious winners then there are Bull19 and FormerBellvilleBrahma who are none of these. Your posts reveal much more about your character than mine which was an honest mistake. I got a name mixed up but yall make yourselves look bad with your snarky replies.

IM SIMPLY SAYING WHAT ALOT OF OTHERS ARE THINKING,,,, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, I REALLY DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF ME