PDA

View Full Version : Cuero 33 Yoakum 7

CueroDad2006
10-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Cuero better find a way to stop the run. Yoakum only scored 7 points,and that was after a fumble on the opening kickoff witch gave Yoakum the ball deep inside Cuero 20. But for most of the night Yoakum ran the ball well against the Cuero D.

Need lots of work before it cost big time

greenpride
10-20-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad2006
Cuero better find a way to stop the run.. But for most of the night Yoakum ran the ball well against the Cuero D.

Need lots of work before it cost big time

How many yards did Yoakum have rushing the ball? Seems Cuero's defense was not bad since the only TD allowed came off of fumbled kickoff. (8 play drive for 30 yards - their only score):thinking:

The Kracken
10-20-2006, 11:14 PM
i think they did find a way unless yoakum just ran till they got to the end zone and fell down but since i saw game i know that
didnt happen

cuero's d wil be just fine they do what it takes to win it did take yoakum 8 plays to go that 32 yards for their touchdown

CueroDad2006
10-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by greenpride
How many yards did Yoakum have rushing the ball? Seems Cuero's defense was not bad since the only TD allowed came off of fumbled kickoff. (8 play drive for 30 yards - their only score):thinking:

I am not sure on total rushing yards,but I would guess well over 250.
For the most part it kept Cuero's high scoring team off the field.

Pudlugger
10-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Nice win Gobblers. Yoakum should win out in district. They are a better team than their record indicates. Gotta love those turkeys though.:D

Gobbler Fan
10-20-2006, 11:27 PM
No way did Yoakum had 250 yards on the ground maybe 200 and thats being generous . The changes made at halftime had Yoakum going backwards most of the second half . Coming out after half in the spread opened the game up for Cuero on offense .......and Yoakum could not pass o-yardspassing .The QB did not have a chance getting sacked time after time so giving up some yards on the ground is cool when your up by 20+ point's they were not going to win running the ball .

Great game Gobblers :clap:

44INAROW
10-20-2006, 11:31 PM
ok - where are we going next Friday? :) Suggestions?
GREAT GAME GOBBLERS - can't wait to play Gonzales - :D

wooden bear
10-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Like someone said before Cuero has got to learn how to stop the run. If you let a team have the ball 19 minutes in the second half to your 4 you will lose sometime. Yoakum was terrible and was still able to eat up the clock like that. The offense looked good in the short time they had the ball but that could be due to how bad Yoakum was. Could be a early year if they dont learn how to stop the run.

greenwitchll
10-20-2006, 11:36 PM
[
For the most part it kept Cuero's high scoring team off the field. [/B]

With refs like there were tonight, would you think so?

CueroDad2006
10-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by greenwitchll
With refs like there were tonight, would you think so?

Sorry but they in noway had anything to do with lack of being able to stop the run.....

wooden bear
10-20-2006, 11:42 PM
I must have missed something with the refs. What in the world did they do wrong?

CueroDad2006
10-20-2006, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wooden bear
I must have missed something with the refs. What in the world did they do wrong? [/QUO

NOTHING

CueroDad2006
10-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by wooden bear
Like someone said before Cuero has got to learn how to stop the run. If you let a team have the ball 19 minutes in the second half to your 4 you will lose sometime. Yoakum was terrible and was still able to eat up the clock like that. The offense looked good in the short time they had the ball but that could be due to how bad Yoakum was. Could be a early year if they dont learn how to stop the run.

You hit it right on the head

greenwitchll
10-21-2006, 12:02 AM
I must have missed something with the refs. What in the world did they do wrong? [/QUO

NOTHING

Do you know any of the rules of the game???? Think someone needs to give them and you a book of rules....

wooden bear
10-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by greenwitchll
Do you know any of the rules of the game???? Think someone needs to give them and you a book of rules....

Lol yeah i know nothing man. Please explain what the refs did. Cuero did not play well at all end of story.

greenwitchll
10-21-2006, 12:12 AM
[B]Lol yeah i know nothing man. Please explain what the refs did. Cuero did not play well at all end of story.

How can you play well with refs not calling penalties, not stopping the clock when it was supposed to be stopped, not taking out 2 Yoakum players that were so dirty. They were deliberately meaning to hurt Cuero. Totally uncalled for. I have never seen a game played so dirty by the other team and the refs looking the other way. Did you honestly not see this?

wooden bear
10-21-2006, 12:15 AM
No I really didnt see this. Even with all of that that is no reason to let the other team have the ball 19 minutes in one half. Cuero ran 14 plays in the second half. That will not get it done. Bad refs, good refs, doesnt matter.

HM33
10-21-2006, 12:28 AM
I wasn't there but I did here that Yoakum had the ball a long time and was driving it. And I totally agree with Wooden. You can't let the opponite have the ball that long in any situation. Win or lose. Its just not good.

gobbler grad
10-21-2006, 12:46 AM
the refs were just plain ignorant...had no idea what was going on...one could barely bend over to put the ball down because he was so fat...almost comical...:D and as far as the game, if you can't say nothing nice, then shut-up...we got a ways to go...:(

Gobbler Fan
10-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Yoakum finished with 152 yards on the ground and total offense .

189 rushing
127 passing for Cuero

Against this type of offense some yardage is going to be given up on the ground .The object is to STOP the drives and score when given the opportunity which the Gobblers did with 33-7 being the outcome . As far as long time consuming drives I dont recall any drives that were long .....time consuming short drives yes but no long drives that resulted in their intended purpose and that is to score .

While I do agree with the big ref being pretty comical and slow as molasses the ref's did not play a major factor in this game . Yoakum did every thing in their power to get Cuero out of their gameplan even before the kickoff ----not coming out on the lockeroom even when it was time to start @ 7:30 so with that the game tone was set .

One thing I would like to get straight if anyone know's ...........Yoakum picked up a first down going for it on 4th but they had a personal foul called . So should it of been first and 25 or 1'st and 10 minus the 15 yards marked off for Yoakum ?

TAMUGRAD
10-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Refs said the flag for the personal foul against Yoakum was thrown before the whistle. Yoakum had made the 1st down, so they walked off the penalty and the chains moved and it was 1st down from there.

The next time it happened after the whistle, so they walked off the penalty and the chains stayed put.

Don't know if this is what was supposed to happen, but that is how it was explained to me.

The first play of the game was initially ruled Cuero's ball, then another ref. overturned the call and said it was Yoakum's ball. I give the 7 Yoakum scored to the Yoakum team and the Ref's. Yoakum did have the ball more than they should have, and they converted in a lot of 4 and 1 situations. I did not think that should have happened, but one thing you guys are forgetting is that Cuero did stop them. They only scored the 7.

First half Yoakum looked like they were trying to strip the ball, just play football; you can do that when you get the round balls out in a few weeks. That did not work out too well for them, so second half we saw a lot of late hits. I was proud of our boys; they did not loose their composure.

We are still not playing with all of our starters. Two linemen will be coming back soon. Glad the players who stepped it up when we needed them have gotten in all this playing time. The experience they have gained will only help us as we go into the playoffs.
This should give us more options, more confidence in more players, and fresh legs when we need it.

CueroDad2006
10-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
Refs said the flag for the personal foul against Yoakum was thrown before the whistle. Yoakum had made the 1st down, so they walked off the penalty and the chains moved and it was 1st down from there.

The next time it happened after the whistle, so they walked off the penalty and the chains stayed put.

Don't know if this is what was supposed to happen, but that is how it was explained to me.

The first play of the game was initially ruled Cuero's ball, then another ref. overturned the call and said it was Yoakum's ball. I give the 7 Yoakum scored to the Yoakum team and the Ref's. Yoakum did have the ball more than they should have, and they converted in a lot of 4 and 1 situations. I did not think that should have happened, but one thing you guys are forgetting is that Cuero did stop them. They only scored the 7.

First half Yoakum looked like they were trying to strip the ball, just play football; you can do that when you get the round balls out in a few weeks. That did not work out too well for them, so second half we saw a lot of late hits. I was proud of our boys; they did not loose their composure.

We are still not playing with all of our starters. Two linemen will be coming back soon. Glad the players who stepped it up when we needed them have gotten in all this playing time. The experience they have gained will only help us as we go into the playoffs.
This should give us more options, more confidence in more players, and fresh legs when we need it.

I agree with most of your take,But the main part of what we were trying to say lastnight was You guys are having a tuff time stopping the run and need to get that fixed...........Yes you guys stopped there drives right before they did score,but that was against an ok team.What are you going to do with a really good team?that is what we are all worried about.

TAMUGRAD
10-21-2006, 09:04 AM
What are you going to do with a really good team?that is what we are all worried about.

I addressed that. Were you reading?

We will have our starters back by then.

CueroDad2006
10-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Dude your run stopper will NOT be back,he is gone for the year.
Now I addressed it.
you have a problem,that s what we are all trying to say.Address the same D we all see,not reasons why in your eyes it ant getting done

I addressed that. Were you reading?

We will have our starters back by then. [/QUOTE]

greenwitchll
10-21-2006, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gobbler grad
[B]the refs were just plain ignorant...had no idea what was going on...one could barely bend over to put the ball down because he was so fat...almost comical...:D

Finally someone with some sense....

TAMUGRAD
10-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Yes you guys stopped there drives right before they did score.

Were you and I at the same game? Or were you listening on the radio.
I do not recall our goal line D having to hold anyone off. Yoakum did not have any red zone penatrations after the first score.

CueroDad2006
10-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Were you at the same game I was at?
I do not recall our goal line D having to hold anyone off. Yoakum did not have any red zone penatrations.

Youkum keeped the ball the whole second half........can you tell us all why

greenwitchll
10-21-2006, 09:23 AM
[

I agree...There was alot of late hits and downright just for fun "lets hit the Gobblers ". Cuero took it and played the game as it should be played..

TAMUGRAD
10-21-2006, 09:31 AM
I have not looked at the stats. so I will take you at your word.

2nd half
Yoakum 19 minutes - 0 points
Cuero 5 minutes - 20 points

It did not take our O long to score on their D. Should we have kept the ball on the ground and tried to eat up more of the clock? I don't know I don't make that call. Our O is not one dimissional and when you pass and receive like they do it does not take long to score.

The D did not stop them as quickly as they should have but as I have said before: no red zone penatrations in the second half and we will have our starters back soon. You will see a difference. Questions should be answered now.

gobbler grad
10-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Defense was still on the field way to much... Yes they are doing a great job moving people around, but the lineman are getting tired...makes the offense at times look a little sluggish...

TAMUGRAD
10-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Defense was still on the field way to much... Yes they are doing a great job moving people around, but the lineman are getting tired...makes the offense at times look a little sluggish...

...but the lineman are getting tired...

You guys keep whining - oh, woe, what are we going to do.
I told you - two starting linemen coming back for Gonzales.
Quit whining - look at the team's record, consider the injuries, be patient, these kids are working hard (physical therapy) to come back - then if you still want to whine - go find a team without a chance and whine for them. We don't need the negativity.

Have faith in these guys, I do.

GO MEAN GREEN

Gobbler Fan
10-21-2006, 10:13 AM

Quit whining - look at the team's record, consider the injuries, be patient, these kids are working hard (physical therapy) to come back - then if you still want to whine - go find a team without a chance and whine for them. We don't need the negativity.

GO MEAN GREEN

Amen ....:clap:

44INAROW
10-21-2006, 10:14 AM

GO MEAN GREEN

Amen sister :)

PS - I understand we have quite a few bald heads this morning :D

TAMUGRAD
10-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Amen sister :)

PS - I understand we have quite a few bald heads this morning :D

Not mine. His standard cut with the guard on (1 1/2) is as short as it will be.

GreenMachine
10-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Why are we Cuero fans fighting among ourselves. Let's all agree that the linemen coming back will help us tremendously, but we also need to keep working hard, as every team does that wants to reach their end goal! :clap: There are plenty of Sweetwater, Gilmer and Sinton fans out there if you want to bicker. :D

gobbler grad
10-21-2006, 12:31 PM
no one's fighting...just stating opinions...right now, we are playing just average teams and we are struggling at times...when we get,...no, when we go deep in the playoffs there will be no average teams...:thinking: and yes the ones coming back are well missed now and will help tremendous when they return...we will be a different team once everyone is back and the playoffs start...

everyone...have a nice day...:wave: :wave: and

GO MEAN GREEN

SintonFan_inAustin
10-21-2006, 12:37 PM
what a difference when some players are missing, other players have to step up and perform. if they dont then u see the team struggle some. If this was the playoffs then it be a issue but its still district and the District Title is almost there.

gobbler grad
10-21-2006, 12:39 PM
might have missed this, but anyone know about Dason's injury last night and how serious was it...:thinking:

wooden bear
10-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Im not whinning im being honest which a lot of Cuero people refuse to do. Yoakum was so bad its not even funny. No athletic talent no speed, no anything. They did move the ball and kept the ball the whole second half. If Cueros offense happens to not score one time its a whole new ball game. Cuero should have lost against LH and the did the exact same thing only with a much better team. Im so tired of the excusses on here about the refs and the starters beign out. Give me a break. Here is the bottom line, if the defense continues to play like that they will not make it very far this year.

GreenMachine
10-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Rivalry game! Everyone, especially Yoakum, gets up for Cuero. We gave up 152 yds. rushing and I'm assuming the passing totals were real low since they didn't even mention them in the article. For them having the ball that long, that's not much offense. Our defense will be fine.

RuffneckGobbler
10-21-2006, 01:48 PM
The way I see it... Yoakum did what any team would have to do in order to beat the strategy? Lh was first to do it and nearly won. The ball control offense has Cuero's number. Yoakum did a good job of it.. they're' just not a very good team to begin with. Yes, I think Cuero needs to find a way to stop this, because that beautiful thing called "film" will tell the Gobblers story to every team they play. Get used to that offense.

Gobbler Fan
10-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
might have missed this, but anyone know about Dason's injury last night and how serious was it...:thinking:

They popped his shoulder back in place on the sideline .....ouch :eek:

#1LH should not have won that game .....a miscue on a punt gave them the opportunity to win it in the last seconds. No team has held them this year like Cuero did that night . All this doom and gloom is getting old . All you young former players with oppinon's I respect your oppinion but wasnt it a few years ago that some of you were on that field and came away without a State Championship. Not one time do I remember all the negativity on this board even when you lost . Let these kid's play the game and you *fans* cheer them on as well as you can and show some pride in your school's football team or any team thats representing Cuero . This team is 8-0 and have played the the toughest schedule any Cuero team has seen in some time Kudo's to them and the job they are doing .

:clap:

wooden bear
10-21-2006, 04:14 PM
No one is putting anyone down. 8-0 is great all im saying is that game last night scared me a little. I want Cuero to win it all just as much as yall all do, im just saying that is by far the weakest part of their team. For the past 3 or 4 years Cuero has had a harder time stopping the run like that then a passing attack. Not saying this team is worse than tthe past few or the other two teams were better. They all have been great teams and this one is no different. Just calling it like i see it.

wooden bear
10-21-2006, 04:15 PM
And yes cuero should have lost that game to LH.

RuffneckGobbler
10-21-2006, 04:36 PM
I Disagree with that. Cuero won the LH game.. and deserved it.. Cuero had every reason in the world not to have lost... But yes fans will be fans.. Im a former gobbler.. no negativity.. but you gotto call em like you see em too. I hope Cuero continues to roll... and I have a feeling they will

CueroDad2006
10-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
They popped his shoulder back in place on the sideline .....ouch :eek:

#1LH should not have won that game .....a miscue on a punt gave them the opportunity to win it in the last seconds. No team has held them this year like Cuero did that night . All this doom and gloom is getting old . All you young former players with oppinon's I respect your oppinion but wasnt it a few years ago that some of you were on that field and came away without a State Championship. Not one time do I remember all the negativity on this board even when you lost . Let these kid's play the game and you *fans* cheer them on as well as you can and show some pride in your school's football team or any team thats representing Cuero . This team is 8-0 and have played the the toughest schedule any Cuero team has seen in some time Kudo's to them and the job they are doing .

That is why we are all here,"To talk about our team"
Good and bad thats what this site is all about,To speak our minds.
Some like it "ALL" to be nothing but good,some others like to hear both.It gives a real good idea what "everyone"is thinking.Every team has a weekness,And yes even the best of the best like Cuero.This year its the run.....So Far. That is why the few post what they see. Not a big deal....just something that can be worked on. Thats why its pointed out.
For all those that dont like to read the bad with all the good, you ant been around highschool football as long as I have.

GO GOBBLERS

gobbler84
10-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Now, I don't make too many post during the season...But, I have to address this one...CueroDad2006, Don't know who you are but saying that we can't stop the run is insane! I mean, if we couldn't stop it then why did they only get into the red zone one time? The fact of the matter is that all yoakum did was run! EVERY PLAY! 1 and 2 yards per play! They dropped back to pass 3 times the whole night! You can't expect us to be in the backfield every play and tackle them for a loss! We have to read and key on on what that offense does! So I think we did a damn good job last night! With or without starters! Plus, we have played Yoakum 97 years straight, their Head Coach was even at Cuero for a few months! They kno just about everything there is to know about us!!! So, before you question our team, learn a little bit about football! The score was 33-7, but we can't stop the run? They made it inside the 40 yardline one time and that was when they started inside the 40 yeardline, but we can't stop the run? Learn a little bit about South Texas Football before you talk about a team that works as hard as we do! Also with LH, they are a damn good football team and I honestly believe they could play with ANYONE in the state of Texas! Including the all mighty GILMER BUCKEYES!

44INAROW
10-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Nice reply KJ - keep up the postive attitude:clap: :clap: Even though some posters might sound negative or critical - I truely believe they (meaning the Cuero posters) are behind you guys 150% - You know PW and I are behind you guys all the way - always have and always will be :)

GO MEAN GREEN

JT44
10-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by gobbler84
Now, I don't make too many post during the season...But, I have to address this one...CueroDad2006, Don't know who you are but saying that we can't stop the run is insane! I mean, if we couldn't stop it then why did they only get into the red zone one time? The fact of the matter is that all yoakum did was run! EVERY PLAY! 1 and 2 yards per play! They dropped back to pass 3 times the whole night! You can't expect us to be in the backfield every play and tackle them for a loss! We have to read and key on on what that offense does! So I think we did a damn good job last night! With or without starters! Plus, we have played Yoakum 97 years straight, their Head Coach was even at Cuero for a few months! They kno just about everything there is to know about us!!! So, before you question our team, learn a little bit about football! The score was 33-7, but we can't stop the run? They made it inside the 40 yardline one time and that was when they started inside the 40 yeardline, but we can't stop the run? Learn a little bit about South Texas Football before you talk about a team that works as hard as we do! Also with LH, they are a damn good football team and I honestly believe they could play with ANYONE in the state of Texas! Including the all mighty GILMER BUCKEYES!
yoakum wouldn't even have scored w/o the fumble, their drives were what, 30 yds at the most and the run was going nowhere
if reeve would have gotten a little looser with play calling early, the scores would have been more lopsided and no one would even question run defense or time of possesion
If you have followed this team over the past few years you can tell that only about 60% of the total playbook has been run, and the play calling has been very conservative with traps, counters, sweeps, and a few wr screen and fades, come playoffs the scoring is sure to go up.

JT44
10-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by JT44
yoakum wouldn't even have scored w/o the fumble, their drives were what, 30 yds at the most and the run was going nowhere
if reeve would have gotten a little looser with play calling early, the scores would have been more lopsided and no one would even question run defense or time of possesion
If you have followed this team over the past few years you can tell that only about 60% of the total playbook has been run, and the play calling has been very conservative with traps, counters, sweeps, and a few wr screen and fades, come playoffs the scoring is sure to go up.
good job of the guys keeping their heads cool too after the rough play in the 3rd and 4th

wooden bear
10-22-2006, 02:07 AM
[

gobbler84
10-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JT44

Very well said JT! I'm not saying that we don't need any work, because we do...We need to get better the next three weeks if we wanna be playing in December!

gobbler84
10-22-2006, 11:17 AM
That is why we are all here,"To talk about our team"
Good and bad thats what this site is all about,To speak our minds.
Some like it "ALL" to be nothing but good,some others like to hear both.It gives a real good idea what "everyone"is thinking.Every team has a weekness,And yes even the best of the best like Cuero.This year its the run.....So Far. That is why the few post what they see. Not a big deal....just something that can be worked on. Thats why its pointed out.
For all those that dont like to read the bad with all the good, you ant been around highschool football as long as I have.

GO GOBBLERS

Just to show you how much you really know about Gobbler Football this year...Sinton was an all run team, they dropped back about 6 or 7 times to pass! We held them scoreless! Next was Stafford...ALL RUN TEAM! Wing T offense! Our starters held them scorless! They scored on the second team D! Next was Bandera...A SPREAD team! We fired off in the beginning but by the second half! We started to stuggle with the PASS!! They didn't score one time on the run! Next was Liberty Hill...A damn good football team! Like I addressed, a team that can play with anyone in this state! You have to expect that to be a close game, you can't blame our D on that one! Next was La Vernia! A SPREAD team...They gave us a hell of a game! They were also a pretty good team that liked to PASS! Next was Bay City! A spread offense...We struggled at first but blew it away in the second half! Palacios was next, they ran the ball ALOT, didn't pass but maybe 10 times! We did a fairly good jopb against them! and then Yoakum! Yes, they had the ball a lot of the time, it's just that we have big plays all the time that makes us not have the ball very long! When Fabian breaks for a long run do you expect his jus to fall on the ground so that our time of possesion is better? I mean come on!

Gobbla2001
10-22-2006, 11:47 AM
First of all KJ, great job all year long, you're a workhorse...

#2 - Does anyone remember the Advocate's High School preview before the season??? What was it that Coach Reeve said? something along the lines of "We don't want to play our best football until atleast b-district"???

KJ won't say, but I'm pretty sure what you're seeing now is just playing basic football, get in there, throw it once, run it a couple more times, just don't max out early in the year... (that new play to fabian is about as flashy as we've gotten all year)

the last couple of years we've played our best all-around football during the year, and by the time the playoffs have came, we had already been there and done that, maxed out... our opponents knew everything we were gunna do and everything...

#3 I hope your son is not on the team, CueroDAD2006... I get the feeling you're just a poser because in regards to this year's Gobbler team you do not say "we" but "you" to another parent...

#4 The only thing that concerned me in that game really was Yoakum's first drive of the 2nd half in which they took 8 minutes off the clock, but they barely got past mid-field... but dear-lord did they ever score?

#5 the refs confused me from the get go... Cuero was already lined up ready to get the first play going and THEN the refs give Yoakum the ball... now, they may have gotten the call right for all I know, but I wasn't aware of there being official reviews in High School Football...

the only other thing I felt the refs did bad was the late hits by Yoakum (and in Cuero committed any, which I didn't see, then that too, you know Cuero can't afford anymore injuries)... I saw one late hit in the second qt that should have been called (out of bounds) and three in the second half... I wasn't the only one, the Cuero coaches went crazy about it as well... but in all honesty I do not think Yoakum was "trying" to hurt Cuero, they were just playing like they were underdogs, showing the coaches that they were playing hard... but as a ref you call the flag so those players learn and don't end up hurting another player that didn't have to get hurt...

None of us fans think Cuero is the best in the state, we don't know, but we think we could be... the rest of these guys are just haters... (not you gobbler_grad, your replies are out of honesty, not hate)...

gobbler84
10-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Very well said Gobbla!

wooden bear
10-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Just to show you how much you really know about Gobbler Football this year...Sinton was an all run team, they dropped back about 6 or 7 times to pass! We held them scoreless! Next was Stafford...ALL RUN TEAM! Wing T offense! Our starters held them scorless! They scored on the second team D! Next was Bandera...A SPREAD team! We fired off in the beginning but by the second half! We started to stuggle with the PASS!! They didn't score one time on the run! Next was Liberty Hill...A damn good football team! Like I addressed, a team that can play with anyone in this state! You have to expect that to be a close game, you can't blame our D on that one! Next was La Vernia! A SPREAD team...They gave us a hell of a game! They were also a pretty good team that liked to PASS! Next was Bay City! A spread offense...We struggled at first but blew it away in the second half! Palacios was next, they ran the ball ALOT, didn't pass but maybe 10 times! We did a fairly good jopb against them! and then Yoakum! Yes, they had the ball a lot of the time, it's just that we have big plays all the time that makes us not have the ball very long! When Fabian breaks for a long run do you expect his jus to fall on the ground so that our time of possesion is better? I mean come on!

All i had to do was read the first two teams you mentioned adn i stopped reading because a pee wee team could stop those guys. I wish yall would chill out, no one is saying yall are a bad team or anything lik ethat, we were just talking football which is what you are supposed to do on this site. Sorry buddy but were not going to praise you for every single thing its just not going to happen. Like i said befre I hope yall win it all I really do all i was doing was saying what I saw. God forbid someone say something slightly negative towards the almighty gobblers. Well good luck Kj and the rest of the gobblers, hope yall win it all.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2006, 01:43 PM
All i had to do was read the first two teams you mentioned adn i stopped reading because a pee wee team could stop those guys. I wish yall would chill out, no one is saying yall are a bad team or anything lik ethat, we were just talking football which is what you are supposed to do on this site. Sorry buddy but were not going to praise you for every single thing its just not going to happen. Like i said befre I hope yall win it all I really do all i was doing was saying what I saw. God forbid someone say something slightly negative towards the almighty gobblers. Well good luck Kj and the rest of the gobblers, hope yall win it all.

it's one thing talking football and what actually happens, and it's another to talk football that is not happening and present it as it is...

you are the pavillion guys... you guys want everyone to believe Cuero has problems within the team, that the LB is out for the season, that giving up less than 200 yards and only 7 points is a BAD thing... only scoring 33 is horrible etc...

y'all either got kicked off of the team for smoking too much hoot or were kept at third string your fish years and decided Cuero football isn't worth a damn...

wooden bear
10-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
it's one thing talking football and what actually happens, and it's another to talk football that is not happening and present it as it is...

you are the pavillion guys... you guys want everyone to believe Cuero has problems within the team, that the LB is out for the season, that giving up less than 200 yards and only 7 points is a BAD thing... only scoring 33 is horrible etc...

y'all either got kicked off of the team for smoking too much hoot or were kept at third string your fish years and decided Cuero football isn't worth a damn...

You hit it right on the head, except you didnt. I WANT THEM TO WIN. HOly crap this is amazing. Oh yeah and your the one who didnt play and when you did your teams didnt do crap.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2006, 01:57 PM
The fact is that Yoakum had the ball for "soooo" long yet only had 152 yards, which you take a doom and gloom stance on...

Cuero didn't have the ball very long yet scored most of the time they did have it, you're supposed to score points, right? The only problem in that game was turnovers if you ask me... I guess it wasn't too good having Dason Jackson out most of the game either...

Now, maybe you're not the kinda guy pavillion is, though most of your 25 posts have been negative, which is a pavillion type poster who obviously has something against Cuero football... and I've NEVER seen you say "man I hope they win it so bad" or whatever you're saying NOW...

Another thing is no I didn't play so much, I wasn't blessed with the 6'3 height, 330 pounds of a lot of muscle and the 2nd in state powerlifting strength the guy I backed up had... I went out to practice though, did the house of pain just like the other guys, I just didn't "have it"... I'm not afraid to admit that so bring up something else...

Gobbla2001
10-22-2006, 02:03 PM
I am not sure on total rushing yards,but I would guess well over 250.

about 100 yards off genius...

HM33
10-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Ok, first off, I want Cuero to win it all. Just as like I wanted to win it all but we just didn't pull it out. I would love to see everyone experience the feeling of the State Game. Its like no other.

Ok now. I'm not downing Cuero at all. What I have to say is that Cuero should have not let Yoakum have the ball that long. Its what will hurt Cuero in the long run. Teams in the playoffs will see this and use that against them. They will ball control and then teams with good defences will get two or three stops and thats the game. I wasn't at the game but it seems that the D needs to be more agressive (on the coachs part). If all they are going to do is run, Blitz everyone. Well I don't want to stir anything else up so I just wanted to say that.

GreenMachine
10-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Guy's, keep working hard and getting better each week and we will be a FORCE to be reckoned with. I'm going to go a different direction with this thread. I like the character of our team. Many of the young men are pal's at the elementary and middle schools and are great with the kids. I know KJ does alot for the kids as he comes to some of our little league practices and umpired at some of our games. When I picked up my boys the other day, they, and about three others, were walking across the practice field with Kyle. My boys and alot of others really look up to these young men and not only are they great athletes, they are great role models. :clap:

greenpride
10-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Cuero should have lost against LH and the did the exact same thing only with a much better team. Im so tired of the excusses on here

Go root for someone else.....if you do not have anything positive to say, go play GI Joe or find someone to play tag with.

GreenMachine
10-22-2006, 06:11 PM
152 yds. rushing on 50 attempts is an average of 3 yds. per carry and that is bad run defense :thinking:

wooden bear
10-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Gobbla ill bring up something else as soon as you stop saying that i was 3rd string or kicked off the team for smoking too much.

CueroDad2006
10-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Well KJ maybe now when you do know the other team is going to run "every"play,you can see now what I am talking about...yes
get out of the spread D and load the dang box with only one safety and "STOP THE RUN"
DUDE bottom line they kept the dang ball most of the 2nd half for a reason.....I was only pointing out our only weekness,Now we can work harder,cant we?

rodeo-rider
10-22-2006, 08:46 PM
you all got a bye this week, so Gonzales ought to be in for a good butt- whipping in Cuero...several players coming back will help a bunch...good luck guys...

gobbler84
10-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Well KJ maybe now when you do know the other team is going to run "every"play,you can see now what I am talking about...yes
get out of the spread D and load the dang box with only one safety and "STOP THE RUN"
DUDE bottom line they kept the dang ball most of the 2nd half for a reason.....I was only pointing out our only weekness,Now we can work harder,cant we?

Ok, I get what your saying, but from film they were balanced...They pretty much changed everything from what we practiced! And I don't think they were meaning to keep that ball in the second quarter...It's just that they weren't going anywhere and since they were running every play the clock wasn't stopping!

Gobbla2001
10-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Ok, I get what your saying, but from film they were balanced...They pretty much changed everything from what we practiced! And I don't think they were meaning to keep that ball in the second quarter...It's just that they weren't going anywhere and since they were running every play the clock wasn't stopping!

you're going about this all wrong, KJ, you're using logic, they will not be able to understand that...

Do you know who CueroDad2006's son is?

wooden bear
10-23-2006, 06:55 PM
KJ doesnt know his right from his left, no he doesnt know who his son is.

Gobbla2001
10-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by HM33
Ok, first off, I want Cuero to win it all. Just as like I wanted to win it all but we just didn't pull it out. I would love to see everyone experience the feeling of the State Game. Its like no other.

Ok now. I'm not downing Cuero at all. What I have to say is that Cuero should have not let Yoakum have the ball that long. Its what will hurt Cuero in the long run. Teams in the playoffs will see this and use that against them. They will ball control and then teams with good defences will get two or three stops and thats the game. I wasn't at the game but it seems that the D needs to be more agressive (on the coachs part). If all they are going to do is run, Blitz everyone. Well I don't want to stir anything else up so I just wanted to say that.

you've always been a bit more logical, so if you're thinking you were one of the ones included you weren't...

wooden bear
10-23-2006, 07:04 PM
I Just want yall to know this i have lost all respect for this board because you people actually listen to what KJ has to say. That amazes me.

Gobbla2001
10-23-2006, 07:08 PM
I Just want yall to know this i have lost all respect for this board because you people actually listen to what KJ has to say. That amazes me.

because you played football or something...

stick to the round-ball, fella...

wooden bear
10-23-2006, 07:10 PM
HAHAHAHA wrong again buddy. Good guess though.

HM33
10-23-2006, 07:11 PM
He will get it right some time :P haha jk