Fort Stockton21
Anthony 15

Clint 27
Pecos 20

Fabens 0
Monahans62

westtexasfbfan
10-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Monahans sure moved into an easier district. No one should give them a challenge expect Ft. Stockon. How boring to win games by that much points. You can see a diffence in the scores when they play a real team like Graham!)

westtexasfbfan
10-20-2006, 11:07 PM
I believe the score was Graham 14 and Monahans 7.

Ranger Mom
10-20-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
I believe the score was Graham 14 and Monahans 7.

Is that their only loss?

GreenMonster
10-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by westtexasfbfan
I believe the score was Graham 14 and Monahans 7. What's really sad is Monahans is killing people in that district and Graham is pretty likely to go winless in their district. Really shows how weak that district really is.

Scholar
10-21-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
What's really sad is Monahans is killing people in that district and Graham is pretty likely to go winless in their district. Really shows how weak that district really is.

Or maybe it shows how strong Graham's district is?

westtxfballfan
10-21-2006, 01:02 AM
What's really sad is Monahans is killing people in that district and Graham is pretty likely to go winless in their district. Really shows how weak that district really is.

I think the Graham game was an aberration. No argument: That 1-3A district is very weak. But I wouldn't go assuming that Monahans would go winless in Graham's district. I think they took the Steers for granted and got embarassed for it. After all, that is the same team that beat Snyder, Midland Christian, and outscrimmaged Abilene Wylie.

Here's a clip out of an Odessa American article about the Graham game and how flat the Loboes played early in the season with Coach Owens' thoughts on it:

"In their first four games the Monahans Loboes have come out flat and unemotional.
Last week was no different except in the final score when Monahans had its dream of an undefeated regular season end 14-7 at the hands of the Graham Steers.
“I think we got caught up in the thinking that the wins will just happen,” Loboes head coach Mickey Owens said. “The last couple of weeks we got the big play to jumpstart us and we didn’t get that this time.
“We just didn’t have a lot of emotion.”
Expect that to be different tonight..."

GreenMonster
10-21-2006, 12:25 PM
But didn't Graham stuff the pigskin right down the throats of the Loboes on a 4th quarter drive to win. The fourth quarter is far and away from the effects of a slow start. On top of that, Graham is a passing team. They haven't been able to run the football on anyone but Monahans. It may be an aberration, I'm willing to concede that as I am a firm believer in the any given Friday theory of High School football. I'm just pointing out a few facts.

westtxfballfan
10-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Graham did drive it late for the win. Kudos to them. As the Monahans Coach in the article says, they played flat that WHOLE game and never got any spark. That's something they need to work on as they were flat in stretches in other games early in the season, but managed to right the ship for comeback wins against Snyder, Mid. Chris., and Andrews. Hard to tell if they've fixed it as they won't really play a tough game 'til the playoffs.

GreenMonster
10-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Hard to tell if they've fixed it as they won't really play a tough game 'til the playoffs.

true, true. Good luck regardless. I know that you can't compare teams and districts like this. I enjoyed your first reply and appreciate your second. Good info. I just wanted to pry a little deeper.

westtxfballfan
10-21-2006, 12:44 PM
true, true. Good luck regardless. I know that you can't compare teams and districts like this. I enjoyed your first reply and appreciate your second. Good info. I just wanted to pry a little deeper.

Same to you. Hope IP does well. Looks like your district is wide open.

GreenMonster
10-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
Same to you. Hope IP does well. Looks like your district is wide open.

Burk (2-0) is pretty much a lock already. IP (1-1), Vernon (0-1), Graham (0-1), and Hirschi (1-1) all still have a shot at making the play-offs with IP and Vernon looking to be the stongest of these 4.

westtxfballfan
10-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Burk (2-0) is pretty much a lock already. IP (1-1), Vernon (0-1), Graham (0-1), and Hirschi (1-1) all still have a shot at making the play-offs with IP and Vernon looking to be the stongest of these 4.

Ours looks like Monahans, Fort Stockton, and Clint, with Pecos still having a long shot if they beat FS and win some tiebreakers. Not likely. That puts FS in DI and Monahans and Clint in DII.