10-20-2006, 10:01 PM
U listening to kogt.com Para? I am!

WOS87
10-20-2006, 10:03 PM
West Orange-Stark 20
Silsbee 13
FINAL

whew! that was a close one...

WOS intercepted with Silsbee 3rd and goal with 3 minutes left to save it..

Paratrooper
10-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
West Orange-Stark 20
Silsbee 13
FINAL

whew! that was a close one...

WOS intercepted with Silsbee 3rd and goal with 3 minutes left to save it..

Wow I certainly didn't think this one would be that close. Good game to both teams.

shankbear
10-20-2006, 10:48 PM
This did figure to be WO-Ss most difficult game in district. Silsbee is big and quick and it was at Silsbee.

Paratrooper
10-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
This did figure to be WO-Ss most difficult game in district. Silsbee is big and quick and it was at Silsbee.

It does make it tough when your on top of the district. Everyone brings their "A" game on you week in and week out. Seems like all teams are gunning for you. WOS should have smooth sailing left to win the district title - Great game for WOS and also a great game for Silsbee though. I really didn't think it would be that close. From the posters on here it sounded like WOS was lucky to get out with the win.

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Man this is about the most quiet I have seen the WOS posters in a while. They had like a 5 page thread going when they beat Hardin Jefferson 62-0

Stownhorse
10-21-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Man this is about the most quiet I have seen the WOS posters in a while. They had like a 5 page thread going when they beat Hardin Jefferson 62-0

LMAO

setxsports
10-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Silsbee played their best game of the season so far. I talked with their head coach after the game and even he said that. WOS played with turnovers they haven't had all year. Wet field hurt both teams as well. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

tam
10-21-2006, 01:12 AM
It does make it tough when your on top of the district. Everyone brings their "A" game on you week in and week out. Seems like all teams are gunning for you. WOS should have smooth sailing left to win the district title - Great game for WOS and also a great game for Silsbee though. I really didn't think it would be that close. From the posters on here it sounded like WOS was lucky to get out with the win.

No Wo-s wasn't lucky to get a win. They outplayed Silsbee, but killed themselves with penalties and turnovers...things they didn't do all year. They ran a very watered down version of their offense tonight because of the muddy field. Silsbee played a great first half. They sent pressure from the corners with every play, but Wo-s was able to stop the pressure in the second half. Silsbee played an excellent game, but Wo-s showed the heart of a champion and refused to lose.

Crimestick
10-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Well, it doesn't help that it took two hours to get out of the Silsbee parking lot and another hour to get home.
Good game by Silsbee. We made too many errors. But if you play your worst game and get out with the win, you're doing alright.

GS#17
10-21-2006, 01:36 AM
....or if you stop by IHOP to get a bite to eat on the way back. :D

No excuses for a win here. Silsbee played with a lot of intensity, and although WOS didn't play a perfect game (a lot of penalties and a few turnovers), they did what they had to do to win. The second half saw a stronger WOS effort, particularly on the defensive side of the ball, and that was really the difference in the game. The Stangs beat what will probably be a D1 playoff team at their home stadium tonight, so I'm pleased with the win.

Best of luck to Silsbee through the rest of the year. They have no reason to hang their heads down, nor does WOS. It was a battle, and both teams will take a lot out of their experience tonight.

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by GS#17
....or if you stop by IHOP to get a bite to eat on the way back. :D

No excuses for a win here. Silsbee played with a lot of intensity, and although WOS didn't play a perfect game (a lot of penalties and a few turnovers), they did what they had to do to win. The second half saw a stronger WOS effort, particularly on the defensive side of the ball, and that was really the difference in the game. The Stangs beat what will probably be a D1 playoff team at their home stadium tonight, so I'm pleased with the win.

Best of luck to Silsbee through the rest of the year. They have no reason to hang their heads down, nor does WOS. It was a battle, and both teams will take a lot out of their experience tonight.

From the postings it did seem like a real war was going on over there. I think it will help both teams later.

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Crimestick
But if you play your worst game and get out with the win, you're doing alright.

Not to start a war but why is it Crimestick that when you guys get pushed or beat it is always your worst game? Can it ever be that someone else is just plain good?

setxsports
10-21-2006, 02:22 AM
Silsbee played their best game of the season and they have a good team, WOS played their worst of the season with turnovers, penalities.

GS#17
10-21-2006, 02:23 AM
From the postings it did seem like a real war was going on over there. I think it will help both teams later.

I'm sure it will. This was a good experience for WOS, and I know Silsbee will get a lot out of it. Silsbee played like their season rested on the outcome of tonight's game. You could see the emotion coming from their sidelines before and during the game. Afterwards, you could tell the kids gave it their all. If they can keep that emotion going and make a few improvements, they'll be in pretty good shape later on in the postseason. WOS had been rolling over everyone in district, so to get a game like this before the playoffs will give them an idea of what kind of teams and what kind of emotion they'll be facing after week 10.

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by **********
Silsbee played their best game of the season and they have a good team, WOS played their worst of the season with turnovers, penalities.

Silsbee had 3 interceptions? That isn't their best game. Silsbee with no interceptions would be their best game. Sounds like to me just two really good teams going at it. There are only about 3 WOS posters who have to make an excuse for anything. **********, Tam, and Crimestick....the other WOS posters are fair. When BC played WOS to a tie and lost in overtime - worst game EVER. The Huffman loss - worst game. Just give somebody there due and driive on....dern. Sounds like a real war and both sides made mistakes. I think this will only help WOS and Silsbee as they go into the playoffs. They are definently both 1 and 2 in district respectfully.

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 02:32 AM
I'm sure it will. This was a good experience for WOS, and I know Silsbee will get a lot out of it. Silsbee played like their season rested on the outcome of tonight's game. You could see the emotion coming from their sidelines before and during the game. Afterwards, you could tell the kids gave it their all. If they can keep that emotion going and make a few improvements, they'll be in pretty good shape later on in the postseason. WOS had been rolling over everyone in district, so to get a game like this before the playoffs will give them an idea of what kind of teams and what kind of emotion they'll be facing after week 10.

I think so too GS #17. Congrats to you guys tonight. This is really going to help as I think WOS is going to go pretty deep in the playoffs and hopefully get the state crown this year.

GS#17
10-21-2006, 02:37 AM
From what I understand, WOS will most likely play Giddings in Rd. 2 (if both teams can get that far). If that's the case, WOS will have their hands full right out of the gates, that's for sure. Even if they get by Giddings, there are a lot of very good teams waiting in the wings to knock WOS out of the playoffs. Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. :)

tigerdad
10-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by tam
No Wo-s wasn't lucky to get a win. They outplayed Silsbee, but killed themselves with penalties and turnovers...things they didn't do all year. They ran a very watered down version of their offense tonight because of the muddy field. Silsbee played a great first half. They sent pressure from the corners with every play, but Wo-s was able to stop the pressure in the second half. Silsbee played an excellent game, but Wo-s showed the heart of a champion and refused to lose. i think DAN HOOKS said that the field wasnt bad at all when he was interviewed by channel six news reporter after the game so dont start with the excuses, just give both teams the credit they BOTH deserve cause they both worked there butts off and WOS came up with the big play in the end, i knew that ONE mistake would cost the loser the game and we made that ONE mistake at the end, WOS is for real and so is SILSBEE !!!!!!!!!!

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by tigerdad
i think DAN HOOKS said that the field wasnt bad at all when he was interviewed by channel six news reporter after the game so dont start with the excuses, just give both teams the credit they BOTH deserve cause they both worked there butts off and WOS came up with the big play in the end, i knew that ONE mistake would cost the loser the game and we made that ONE mistake at the end, WOS is for real and so is SILSBEE !!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you Tigerdad. Both are really good. I have seen Tam's whining of this game on other boards as well. Go to SETEX sports forum and look at the whining she is doing. http://www.**********.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8936
It is unreal the excuses. Both just played a good game.

Crimestick
10-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Paratrooper, you come across as a judgemental jerk. Lay off. I don't see you posting nearly as much on BC threads as I do on WO-S threads. If it is my opinion that this was our worst game of the year - which it certainly is - then it is my prerogative to post it on a message board - which is made for people to post their opinions.
We had two turnovers all year. We had two last night. We were slipping and falling on cuts. We simply missed balls on defense when our DB was right on top of the guy.
It was our worst game of the year so far. That's not an excuse - it's an opinion.
An excuse would be that the refs cheated us out (by postponing a game due to weather or something).
Get a life and stop obsessing over us. BC will have their chance later in the season. See ya then.

tigerdad
10-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Paratrooper, you come across as a judgemental jerk. Lay off. I don't see you posting nearly as much on BC threads as I do on WO-S threads. If it is my opinion that this was our worst game of the year - which it certainly is - then it is my prerogative to post it on a message board - which is made for people to post their opinions.
We had two turnovers all year. We had two last night. We were slipping and falling on cuts. We simply missed balls on defense when our DB was right on top of the guy.
It was our worst game of the year so far. That's not an excuse - it's an opinion.
An excuse would be that the refs cheated us out (by postponing a game due to weather or something).
Get a life and stop obsessing over us. BC will have their chance later in the season. See ya then. dont u think silsbee slip and fell just like WOS did it was a very equal game. silsbee just made one more mistake than WOS did, they are BOTH very good strong teams !!!!!!!!!!

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 10:07 AM
dont u think silsbee slip and fell just like WOS did it was a very equal game. silsbee just made one more mistake than WOS did, they are BOTH very good strong teams !!!!!!!!!!

Don't even waste your breath Tigerdad trying to reason with Crimestick. If you play them close or beat them he and just a few others always have an excuse. To be honest the vast majority of WOS posters are upstanding folks and even though they year in and year out post great records they don't come across like this Crimestick guy.

Crimestick
10-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Same with most BC posters and Paratrooper.

Though I'm not sure how he knows how we respond when his team beats us.

No, I didn't see Silsbee slipping like we did. I'm sure that was partly my biased eyes. We played our worst game of the year. I realize that PT thinks that's impossible, but we did.

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Same with most BC posters and Paratrooper.

Though I'm not sure how he knows how we respond when his team beats us.

No, I didn't see Silsbee slipping like we did. I'm sure that was partly my biased eyes. We played our worst game of the year. I realize that PT thinks that's impossible, but we did.

No my friend, I just think it was a really good game between the Top 2 teams in the district. That's all. There are only 3 of you that make WOS look petty - Tam is your biggest rival for this dubious award. If you get beat by any team it is always your worst game or if you are played tooth and nail by a quality team......well, it is your worst night and the other team must have played mistake free football. However, if they made a mistake you caused it. If you make a mistake you caused it yourself. Just pointing out the obvious.
I think this game will prove big for WOS as they go into the playoffs as they look to cruise through the next 3 teams and 1 of those teams is Bridge City. My whole point is you just played a good team last night and you don't have to make excuses of why you didn't crush them. Silsbee is a quality team.

setxsports
10-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Great teams do and can have bad games.

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Great teams do and can have bad games.

Look I am not the only person who see's this. Here you go this is from someone else. The 3 of you seriously need to check yourself. Thanks

From another site of bloggers talking about the game

Man, from COOP all the way down the line. The more I read on the more I wanted vomit. Why? The longer the thread went on the theme became apparent. Silsbee plays best, WOS plays worst game but pulls out hte win. What bad sportsmanship. No-one made the same statements about Silsbee's win over H-F ... that just brought doubters out.

But what I saw from the sidelines was a Silsbee team bringing WOS back to earth a bit. The mistakes are not happening in isolation, there happening in between the crunch and the slamming of bodies.

From COOP on down, gives the Tigers credit and stop trying to diminsh the game by bad mouthing the Tiger's effort by saying that WOS did not play well.

If it had been the other way around, and Silsbee was undefeated and ranked 4th at and WOS was not ranked all we would be hearing would be about how Coach Hooks is such of defensive genius for having stopped the Tigers ... get real and give Silsbee and their staff some respect for having prepared for the game and the kids for having the motivation and focus to execute.

WOS fans are sounding more anf more like Yankee fans to me and ya'll know how little respect I have for Yankee Fans. Whiners even when winning.

setxsports
10-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Earl Thomas can make cuts on a dime. That kid is unbelievable (maybe a better athlete than Beasley from what I saw).
He had no problems at all with a wet field, #24 did seem to lose his footing several times and had a rough time getting a grip on the ball. Glad I chose this game to go see.

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Earl Thomas can make cuts on a dime. That kid is unbelievable (maybe a better athlete than Beasley from what I saw).
He had no problems at all with a wet field, #24 did seem to lose his footing several times and had a rough time getting a grip on the ball. Glad I chose this game to go see.

Originally posted by Hupernikomen

Are you posting under 2 names?

griff
10-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Paratrooper, you’re ranting has become utterly ridiculous.

From the posters on here it sounded like WOS was lucky to get out with the win.

From the postings it did seem like a real war was going on over there.

You don’t win a war by getting “lucky”. We earned this win.

I know the most of the guys who post on this board, and they won’t shy away from responding to any post game discussion about WO-S…win or lose. We know you meant this as a slap towards WO-S posters because we didn’t blow out Silsbee. Let me remind you…all the blowout predictions were made by non-WO-S fans on the setx board and by tam. The majority of us had the sense to know this game would be a battle. But your suggestion that we “delayed” in talking about this in the wee hours of the night is stupid. We weren’t sitting by our computers like you waiting to chat because many of us met at IHOP after the game and were just too darn tired to log on. Give us a little time. We’ll always be here.

Not to start a war but why is it Crimestick that when you guys get pushed or beat it is always your worst game? Can it ever be that someone else is just plain good?

Well, you’ve been lodging hand grenades into the WO-S camp for some time now. You’re reaching the levels of Jody in your obsession with WO-S. If you don’t like WO-S, that’s fine. We can live with that. You make strong negative remarks about us and then try to hide your intentions and disdain for us with a thinly veiled compliment at the end of your posts. You’re so predictable, and you’re not fooling anyone.

Yes, Silsbee was good. BC was good against us two years ago. And for goodness sakes, have you paid attention to our compliments of Wimberley? We were clearly overmatched against them last year. We know we can be beat.

Silsbee had 3 interceptions? That isn't their best game. Silsbee with no interceptions would be their best game. Sounds like to me just two really good teams going at it. There are only about 3 WOS posters who have to make an excuse for anything. **********, Tam, and Crimestick....the other WOS posters are fair. When BC played WOS to a tie and lost in overtime - worst game EVER. The Huffman loss - worst game. Just give somebody there due and drive on....dern. Sounds like a real war and both sides made mistakes. I think this will only help WOS and Silsbee as they go into the playoffs. They are definently both 1 and 2 in district respectfully.

Silsbee played their BEST GAME OF THE YEAR last night, not the best game of their life. See the difference? Their coach even affirmed this was their best game.

Furthermore, it is not an excuse to say that the wet field was a factor in the game. WO-S plays a wide open, pass-oriented offense. That style is more adversely affected by wet conditions than a team that runs simple dives, QB keepers, and sweeps like Silsbee. In fact, I predicted the wet conditions would be an advantage to Silsbee on the wo-s.com board if you want to read it. This wasn’t a surprise to me. Even so, we adjusted and found a way to win. That’s the bottom line. Hooks stated the field was in decent shape because he expected it to be worse than it was with all the rain we’ve had and because there was a game played on that field the night before. Still, it was a factor.

Why don't you concentrate your efforts on the three posters you don't like by exchanging private messages with them?

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 01:06 PM
WOS has a great team this year. Didn't post all the times I have said that did ya? Anyways, WOS is going to do fine in the playoffs this year and now with Silsbee past them will win the district title. I just get tired of when WOS is in a tight game they bad mouth the other team like they are terrible and WOS is everything. I only fire at a select few WOS posters because they suck. The rest of them are right in the head.

griff
10-21-2006, 02:39 PM
WOS has a great team this year. Didn't post all the times I have said that did ya? Anyways, WOS is going to do fine in the playoffs this year and now with Silsbee past them will win the district title. I just get tired of when WOS is in a tight game they bad mouth the other team like they are terrible and WOS is everything. I only fire at a select few WOS posters because they suck. The rest of them are right in the head.

You're a phony. I remember the thread you started about comparing performance marks from various schools that included WO-S. You've made plenty of jabs towards WO-S fans. I've read many from you. You don't like us...we get it...we don't care...but we're sick and tired of your fake attempts to sound noble. Spare us the WO-S compliments. We know how you really feel.

It's too bad you don't love your Cardinals as much as you despise WO-S. You spend more time posting about us than your own school.

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by griff
You're a phony. I remember the thread you started about comparing performance marks from various schools that included WO-S. You've made plenty of jabs towards WO-S fans. I've read many from you. You don't like us...we get it...we don't care...but we're sick and tired of your fake attempts to sound noble. Spare us the WO-S compliments. We know how you really feel.

It's too bad you don't love your Cardinals as much as you despise WO-S. You spend more time posting about us than your own school.

No actually some WOS posters got offended by that thread because your marks were low. However, the thread was about would teams lose any players due to grades. I compliment WOS on many threads. I just get annoyed with some of their posters.....believe me I post many things on BC threads. I have no dog in the hunt when it comes to Silsbee. My team is BC but I certainly don't mind calling you on it when a select few WOS posters are out of control. Just deal with it.

wos fan1
10-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Question Paratropper. Are you in town? Have you seen any of the games this year? If not you have no right saying such and such about any team.

Crimestick
10-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Ignore paratrooper. He's a judgemental clown who thinks he's "keeping things in check," when he's really just being a jack**s himself.

AggiesAreWe
10-21-2006, 07:52 PM
The comments being made about WOS playing their worst game and Silsbee playing their best game is in MY OPINION out of sorts. Yes, Silsbee played a great game last night, but they did make some mistakes that cost them some chances to win this game. I feel the Tigers could have played better, not much better, but enough so to make a difference in the outcome of the game. All along I felt that Silsbee would match up very well with the Mustangs, particularly with our size and depth. WOS had more speed than the Tigers, but Silsbee had enough speed to contain the Mustangs most of the time. Thomas and Franks are both exceptional athletes, they made some plays last night that the Tigers just couldn't stop. But, Silsbee's offense was just a couple of pass completions away from winning this game. WOS made the plays when they needed to enable them to come away with the victory. Hats off to them.

That was the first time I saw WOS this year so I cannot comment on if that was their worst game of the year so far or not. I do believe that Silsbee did have something to do about that, it was not just all on the Mustangs inept play.

As for the field conditions, the field was better than expected. I also agree with Griff in that a little sloppy field would be to a veer offense's advantage compared to a spread offense. There were a few slips for both teams but not enough to be a huge factor in the game, IMO.

The fact of the matter is, that was 2 very good teams playing each other last night, with one just making a few more plays than the other.

About the talk of some WOS fans using excuses when they lose or barely win like Paratrooper has said, well I think that it is of a very, very small number of them that do that, but I really don't know because I haven't paid as close attention as Paratrooper has in that regard. Everyone has fans of that sort, not just WOS.

Speaking of their fans, it was really great getting to meet some of them after the game at Tiger Bridge( that's not really official, but I thought it sounded good). I really enjoyed getting to put some faces with the names, signing the shirt, and taking some pictures. I hope to see you guys in the future.

Well, I have blown enough hot air, so I'll just say good luck Mustangs the rest of the season. Let's hope both the Tigers and the Mustangs can bring home a state title.

griff
10-21-2006, 08:12 PM
No actually some WOS posters got offended by that thread because your marks were low. However, the thread was about would teams lose any players due to grades. I compliment WOS on many threads. I just get annoyed with some of their posters.....believe me I post many things on BC threads. I have no dog in the hunt when it comes to Silsbee. My team is BC but I certainly don't mind calling you on it when a select few WOS posters are out of control. Just deal with it.

Pay attention. Everything I have said here has been in regard to your motives. The subject matter about comparing grades and your many subtle insults are symptoms of bitterness toward WOS. These topics you've commented on are not the issue...it's your INTENTIONS that I'm speaking to.

Whatever compliments you throw in to make your self appear fair and polite are a cheap disguise.

Crimestick
10-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Bingo.

Hupernikomen
10-21-2006, 10:32 PM

Yeah why are you copy and pasting my post?..i don't care to be drug into this affair.

I saw a good game b/t 2 good teams. I think the best team won. I think Silsbee deserves more credit than some are giving them.

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Yeah why are you copy and pasting my post?..i don't care to be drug into this affair.

I saw a good game b/t 2 good teams. I think the best team won. I think Silsbee deserves more credit than some are giving them.

No man just seen this posted on two different threads posted by different individuals. One by Hupernikomen and another by **********. That's why I asked

Paratrooper
10-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Ignore paratrooper. He's a judgemental clown who thinks he's "keeping things in check," when he's really just being a jack**s himself.

You resort to name calling? Look don't get mad at me because I said you acted with poor sportsmanship. I haven't called you any names in this thread just pointed out you and about 2 others have tried your best to degrade another team that played you a close game.

WOS1
10-22-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm going to give my opinion on this (as always) then I'm out of this mele. Trooper, although you have made some good comments about WO-S, it does seem like you are a little preoccupied with us. Don't know why, other than maybe we're neighbors to BC, but you DEFINITELY come across as an antagonist with some of your posts.

As for the game, I thought it was well played and a struggle just as I and griff (aka "little boys") had predicted earlier this week. I also think that the "we played our worst game and you played your best game" deal doesn't fly (hopefully this doesn't offend my WO-S bros). Silsbee is a good, physical team and they played a great game and executed the game plan they set out to play. We BOTH were playing on the same wet field, we BOTH had turnovers and we both had costly penalties. Who cares if we had not had any before Friday. We played a physical team and they were putting the "hat" on us. When your getting hit hard you have turnovers. They were forced, plain and simple, just like ours were. Guys, just because we had a close game does not mean we are not a good team. We are a very good team. We went into a hostile environment against a team that was HUGE up front and had speed in the backfield. Played on a field that was a little more conducive to the offense they run and we still came out on top. It was a good win, period. I promise you this type of game is WAY more beneficial to us in the long run than 62-0 blowouts, that's fantasy land stuff, this was the real deal. I'm proud of the Stangs for going out and taking this game in the second half. Silsbee should be proud for taking us to the brink of defeat.

AggiesAreWe
10-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by WOS1
I'm going to give my opinion on this (as always) then I'm out of this mele. Trooper, although you have made some good comments about WO-S, it does seem like you are a little preoccupied with us. Don't know why, other than maybe we're neighbors to BC, but you DEFINITELY come across as an antagonist with some of your posts.

As for the game, I thought it was well played and a struggle just as I and griff (aka "little boys") had predicted earlier this week. I also think that the "we played our worst game and you played your best game" deal doesn't fly (hopefully this doesn't offend my WO-S bros). Silsbee is a good, physical team and they played a great game and executed the game plan they set out to play. We BOTH were playing on the same wet field, we BOTH had turnovers and we both had costly penalties. Who cares if we had not had any before Friday. We played a physical team and they were putting the "hat" on us. When your getting hit hard you have turnovers. They were forced, plain and simple, just like ours were. Guys, just because we had a close game does not mean we are not a good team. We are a very good team. We went into a hostile environment against a team that was HUGE up front and had speed in the backfield. Played on a field that was a little more conducive to the offense they run and we still came out on top. It was a good win, period. I promise you this type of game is WAY more beneficial to us in the long run than 62-0 blowouts, that's fantasy land stuff, this was the real deal. I'm proud of the Stangs for going out and taking this game in the second half. Silsbee should be proud for taking us to the brink of defeat.

Well said, WOS1, well said. Thanks for your comments, I couldn't agree more.

GS#17
10-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Paratrooper, I know you were a little worried at first, but certainly by now, this thread should be pretty close to five pages long... j/k ;)

Paratrooper
10-22-2006, 11:03 AM

WOS1 I have no beef with your comments at all. In general I like to hear from GS #17 as well. I don't mean to be "preoccupied" with what WOS does. It just irritated me from about 3 posters that they would show low class. I do sincerely wish WOS the best. I just don't happen to agree with about 3 posters they have. When they fire - I fire back.

Paratrooper
10-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Paratrooper, I know you were a little worried at first, but certainly by now, this thread should be pretty close to five pages long... j/k ;)

LOL.....Hey I had to get it to 5 pages someway:D

Crimestick
10-22-2006, 11:47 AM
But in being an ANTAGONIST, which you are, aren't you showing even less class? Maybe if you'd lay off a bit, we evil WO-S monsters would stop being so incredibly classless.

Paratrooper
10-22-2006, 11:59 AM
But in being an ANTAGONIST, which you are, aren't you showing even less class? Maybe if you'd lay off a bit, we evil WO-S monsters would stop being so incredibly classless.

I do antagonize you guys some, as well as, you guys antagonize Bridge City and other teams. It has been through the years like this. However, I truly don't have a beef with WOS I just get on some of you because sometimes you show arrogance towards any other team. This is even though they are a quality team and deserve their accolades without degrading their efforts.

griff
10-22-2006, 04:43 PM
I don't mean to be "preoccupied" with what WOS does. When they fire - I fire back.

If only that were true. Plenty of times you've been the one to fire first, and you're preoccupation extends beyond just this one thread.

tam
10-22-2006, 04:59 PM
I do antagonize you guys some, as well as, you guys antagonize Bridge City and other teams. It has been through the years like this. However, I truly don't have a beef with WOS I just get on some of you because sometimes you show arrogance towards any other team. This is even though they are a quality team and deserve their accolades without degrading their efforts.

He's a hater...jealousy causes you to ack like Trooper. just about all of his post on just about every forum has been negative towards Wo-s, so don't get fooled by him saying he wishes Wo-s the best because his treads show differently. Deep down he hopes Wo-s loses.

tam
10-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Paratrooper, you sure are obsessed with me and Wo-s. Is it envy giving you the problem? Always jumping on any thread that has anything to do with Wo-s...what a stalker you are.:rolleyes:

griff
10-22-2006, 05:05 PM
I do antagonize you guys some, as well as, you guys antagonize Bridge City and other teams. It has been through the years like this.

The antagonism you speak of works from both sides...fans from both BC and WO-S are involved. Your post about comparing grades among school districts showed a lack of class on your part because your INTENTION was to degrade WO-S. Regardless of whether that chart you posted was true or not...your INTENTION is what I will remember and what you will be known for. It's been the same way in several of your other posts. You're as guilty as anyone in the "classless" department.

However, I truly don't have a beef with WOS.

Yeah...right. :rolleyes: I don't believe a word of it.

Paratrooper
10-22-2006, 05:12 PM
If only that were true. Plenty of times you've been the one to fire first, and you're preoccupation extends beyond just this one thread.

Yes and so does your bad sportsmanship.

GS#17
10-22-2006, 05:18 PM
This thread is going to get to five pages... I just feel it will. ;)

I'll be the first one to make a peace offering here and admit I'm preoccupied with WOS football. I probably make more posts about the Stangs than any other team -- check that, I'd bet the farm I do. There, I've said it. I hope everyone's happy now. :D

Paratrooper
10-22-2006, 05:19 PM
This thread is going to get to five pages... I just feel it will. ;)

I'll be the first one to make a peace offering here and admit I'm preoccupied with WOS football. I probably make more posts about the Stangs than any other team -- check that, I'd bet the farm I do. There, I've said it. I hope everyone's happy now. :D

I am trying to get it there.....I think this could be it

YES........5 PAGES!!! Okay you guys are off the hook:D

Ranger Mom
10-22-2006, 05:24 PM

Congrats!!!

This has been some good reading!!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:dKasL8JtV0ROoM:http://www.mommiescamelot

Ranger Mom
10-22-2006, 05:25 PM

Congrats!!!

This has been some good reading!!

tam
10-22-2006, 05:53 PM
i think DAN HOOKS said that the field wasnt bad at all when he was interviewed by channel six news reporter after the game so dont start with the excuses, just give both teams the credit they BOTH deserve cause they both worked there butts off and WOS came up with the big play in the end, i knew that ONE mistake would cost the loser the game and we made that ONE mistake at the end, WOS is for real and so is SILSBEE !!!!!!!!!!

Lol I'm really sick of you stalkers...I guess I'm gonna have to get a restraining order out on ya'll. Paratrooper, why don't you go and find a thread about B.c...oops I forgot noboby's talkin about them. I don't make excuses. I just told how the game went. no need for excuses by Wo-s, we won. It's funny how people come on here and say something about people making excuses, then they end there thread with an excuse...lol

griff
10-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Yes and so does your bad sportsmanship.

Bad sportsmanship? Dude, you're all over the map with this nonsense. I've called you on the carpet for your personal insults toward WO-S...then phony compliments...then more insults...more phony compliments. It's a continual cycle you're stuck in, and nobody's buying it.

Take a sampling of your posts about WO-S, then take a look in the mirror. THAT's bad sportsmanship.

By the way...I have nothing bad to say about BC, in spite of you. I have plenty of family and friends who live there, and a good friend who teaches at the high school. I wish them well and would be happy to see them make the playoffs. I'm pulling for them to represent Orange County.

Crimestick
10-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Not far behind WO-S and Silsbee is Hamshire-Fannett, who outgained Silsbee in yardage and kept it to 13-7 the week before. Hamshire-Fannett and Silsbee are obviously both VERY talented and close in potential!

j_dog
10-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Not far behind WO-S and Silsbee is Hamshire-Fannett, who outgained Silsbee in yardage and kept it to 13-7 the week before. Hamshire-Fannett and Silsbee are obviously both VERY talented and close in potential!
That is what I was thinking too. :)

Paratrooper
10-22-2006, 11:39 PM

By the way...I have nothing bad to say about BC, in spite of you. I have plenty of family and friends who live there, and a good friend who teaches at the high school. I wish them well and would be happy to see them make the playoffs. I'm pulling for them to represent Orange County.

Oh that's phony Griff and you know it........see how it feels....LOL:D :D

tigerdad
10-23-2006, 08:52 AM

As for the game, I thought it was well played and a struggle just as I and griff (aka "little boys") had predicted earlier this week. I also think that the "we played our worst game and you played your best game" deal doesn't fly (hopefully this doesn't offend my WO-S bros). Silsbee is a good, physical team and they played a great game and executed the game plan they set out to play. We BOTH were playing on the same wet field, we BOTH had turnovers and we both had costly penalties. Who cares if we had not had any before Friday. We played a physical team and they were putting the "hat" on us. When your getting hit hard you have turnovers. They were forced, plain and simple, just like ours were. Guys, just because we had a close game does not mean we are not a good team. We are a very good team. We went into a hostile environment against a team that was HUGE up front and had speed in the backfield. Played on a field that was a little more conducive to the offense they run and we still came out on top. It was a good win, period. I promise you this type of game is WAY more beneficial to us in the long run than 62-0 blowouts, that's fantasy land stuff, this was the real deal. I'm proud of the Stangs for going out and taking this game in the second half. Silsbee should be proud for taking us to the brink of defeat. I coulndn't have said it better myself, good luck to both teams !!!!!

griff
10-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Oh that's phony Griff and you know it........see how it feels....LOL:D :D

Why don't you tell me. I'm sorry you can't understand real sincerity. I meant what I said about BC, but the same cannot be said about your true intentions toward WO-S.

JasperDog94
10-23-2006, 09:31 AM
It's really hard to judge someone's sincerity on a message board. I choose to believe that both you guys were being sincere about the positive aspects of each other's team.