PDA

View Full Version : White Oak vs Gilmer

Aesculus gilmus
10-20-2006, 08:19 PM
First quarter has just ended with the Buckeyes leading 28-0.

They are going to have to run the clock continuously in the second half to keep this from being an embarrassment.

One problem is that the OU coaches are there to scout Justin Johnson and so I'm sure Traylor feels obligated to let him play as much as possible tonight.

Curtis Brown is being held out again this week. Before the game someone was here from the Army to announce he would be one of the players in the Army All-American Bowl.

JR2004
10-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
First quarter has just ended with the Buckeyes leading 28-0.

They are going to have to run the clock continuously in the second half to keep this from being an embarrassment.

One problem is that the OU coaches are there to scout Justin Johnson and so I'm sure Traylor feels obligated to let him play as much as possible tonight.

Curtis Brown is being held out again this week. Before the game someone was here from the Army to announce he would be one of the players in the Army All-American Bowl.

If it was the UT coaches or another respectable school I'd go along with having an obligation to let him play more. Since it's Zero U, they should've been turned away at the gate and asked to never come back!

Congratulations to Curtis on getting selected to the Army All-American Bowl!

Aesculus gilmus
10-20-2006, 08:29 PM
:D :clap:

I agree with you. I bleed burnt orange. Texas is my alma mater.

What's worse is that all four wheels of the Sooner Schooner may have come off by the time he arrives in Norman in 2008, should he persist in his misguided desire to cross the Red.

Aesculus gilmus
10-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Gilmer has slowed down some in the second quarter and White Oak has even just scored right before the half. So it's 35-7, Gilmer.

necks
10-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Gilmer 63 White Oak 7 Final

Aesculus gilmus
10-21-2006, 06:42 AM
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17359373&BRD=1994&PAG=461&dept_id=374749&rfi=6

KINNE TOSSES 5 TD PASSES IN GILMER WIN
By PHILLIP WILLIAMS, Sports Correspondent
10/20/2006

GILMER - As the East Texas Yamboree carnival rides swirled just blocks away, the White Oak Roughnecks got taken for a rib-rattling ride by Gilmer Buckeyes quarterback G.J. Kinne Friday night.

Kinne continued his weekly slinging sprees with five TD tosses, including three to Jamell Kennedy, as the No. 2-ranked Buckeyes drilled the Roughnecks, 63-7, in a District 15-3A confrontation.

Kennedy notched another TD on an end-around, while teammate Lamar Harris snagged two TD tosses and swiped an interception for another score.

The Gilmer defense also bludgeoned the Roughnecks by claiming seven turnovers, six of them after halftime.

The Buckeyes (7-0) have topped the 60-point mark thrice this year, and remain unvanquished at home since 2002. Although they didn't score on their opening possession, they still led 28-0 at first quarter's end and 35-7 at twirling time.

Kinne finished the night 11-of-21 for 218 yards before yielding to backup Darian Godfrey, who himself flung a TD pass. Kennedy meantime consumed 120 yards on five receptions for the night.

(See link for the rest of the story.)