PDA

View Full Version : Texas vs. Nebraska ?????

Sweetwater Red
10-20-2006, 02:57 PM
If the best 3A football team in Texas played the best team in
Nebraska of comparable size who would win?

:D :devil: :D

Old Tiger
10-20-2006, 02:59 PM
This is pointless we all knwo the answer.:p

g$$
10-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Texas produced 396 D1 kids last year, tops in the nation.

Nebraska produced less than 20.

I'm going with Texas, & the JV plays the 2nd half!!

Old Tiger
10-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Texas produced 396 D1 kids last year, tops in the nation.

Nebraska produced less than 20.

I'm going with Texas, & the JV plays the 2nd half!! I'll say the 7th grade B team plays in the second half :p

g$$
10-20-2006, 03:10 PM
You may be right.

My uncle lives in Nebraska & I have visited. There are a few really good programs in Omaha & Lincoln esp., but overall the quality is poor. Team speed is abysmal.

We would wipe the field with their best too.

Old Tiger
10-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You may be right.

My uncle lives in Nebraska & I have visited. There are a few really good programs in Omaha & Lincoln esp., but overall the quality is poor. Team speed is abysmal.

We would wipe the field with their best too. Isn't Omaha and Lincoln the only two major cities in nebraska? Hell they aint even major really.

g$$
10-20-2006, 03:22 PM
True, & the state as a whole is not very populated. Houston alone has more people than the whole state of Nebraska.

Nebraska recruits OL from their state, mainly as walk-ons since they have booster clubs who pay their way (legal but a loophole). They also get RBs sometimes from the major hs programs. They have to recruit nationally to survive.

Tim Cassidy is now there as Recruiting Coordinator. He spent many years at A&M under Sherrill & Slocum. I know Tim well & his nickname was "Snake". He is from Nebraska originally & Fran ran him off. Not a bad guy but also not afraid to cheat. Smooth operator. Great fans there though who appreciate good football. Nebraska athletics is their "pro" team. No major pro teams there, just minor league sports (Omaha AAA baseball, etc.). Nice people who farm & live at a slower pace.

You can get a good steak there for sure!