PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read Joel Osteen's(sp) book?

injuredinmelee
10-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I just bought it and am about to start it. I enjoy listenign to him on tv. Pretty good speaker.

JasperDog94
10-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Good speaker, yes.

Good preacher, no.

IMO

SWMustang
10-20-2006, 02:15 PM
His wife got kicked off a Continental flight for being beligerent. Joel was on the plane with her. If he can't control his own woman I'd be careful about heeding his advice. :)

AggieJohn
10-20-2006, 02:21 PM
what a croc...it's watered down preaching

JasperDog94
10-20-2006, 02:21 PM
It's like hearing a motivational speaker every week.

SWMustang
10-20-2006, 02:24 PM
I think it's a croc too, but he sells out the old Summit - the arena the houston Rockets used to play in that hold 16,000 poeple. I think they have multiple services too.

JasperDog94
10-20-2006, 02:33 PM
They do.

44INAROW
10-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I am not a religion expert or anything like that, but the first time I saw him, wanna know what came to my mind? I thought of Carpathia from "The Left Behind" series of books....... he (Carpathia) was so charasmatic in the beginning and had all these people thinking he was so great and if you read the books, you know what he really was :( I am not saying that's what Olsteen is in any way, form or fashion, that's just the feeling I got.. ...... I might be way off base but that's the first impression I got. I'll probably read his book though

YBS
10-20-2006, 09:39 PM
44inarow

My goodness man, you gotta be kidding me! I thought the EXACT same thing. I just never said it to anyone because I didn't want to put anyone off. I've been to the Compaq 2x since it was converted for work and both times I been there's SUCH an eerie, creepy feeling in that place particularly in the "sanctuary". For some reason I thought it held more than 16,000.

Last time I was there one of the contractors told me that they still use the suites as full-pay suites. Imagine that! Suites for a church service.

JasperDog94
10-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by YBS
Last time I was there one of the contractors told me that they still use the suites as full-pay suites. Imagine that! Suites for a church service. Hmmmm, not sure about that. I'd have to get confirmation before I'd believe something like that. If that were the case I figure it would have been all over the news or something.:thinking:

44INAROW
10-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by YBS
44inarow

My goodness man, you gotta be kidding me! I thought the EXACT same thing. I just never said it to anyone because I didn't want to put anyone off.
I thought long and hard before I made that reply - but that is the feeling I got......... for all our sakes, I hope I am wrong

GreenMonster
10-20-2006, 10:59 PM
never heard of him. All I have to say is Jim and Tammy Faye Baker.

AggieJohn
10-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by YBS
44inarow

My goodness man, you gotta be kidding me! I thought the EXACT same thing. I just never said it to anyone because I didn't want to put anyone off. I've been to the Compaq 2x since it was converted for work and both times I been there's SUCH an eerie, creepy feeling in that place particularly in the "sanctuary". For some reason I thought it held more than 16,000.

Last time I was there one of the contractors told me that they still use the suites as full-pay suites. Imagine that! Suites for a church service. 18605 is the amount that they carry