PDA

View Full Version : I watched... (nf)

Highschoolfan78
10-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Lonsome Dove for the first time.. that is a great movie. Robert Duval is awesome and it was fun seeing young stars in it like mr. danny glover and chris cooper. Anyone else like this movie? There's another set of series called Dead Man's walk that portrays the lives of woodrow call and augustus mcCrea as young boys exploring new mexico. I suggest anyone liking lonsome dove to watch that

injuredinmelee
10-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Lonsome Dove for the first time.. that is a great movie. Robert Duval is awesome and it was fun seeing young stars in it like mr. danny glover and chris cooper. Anyone else like this movie? There's another set of series called Dead Man's walk that portrays the lives of woodrow call and augustus mcCrea as young boys exploring new mexico. I suggest anyone liking lonsome dove to watch that

all the books are outstanding!

shankbear
10-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Classic movie.

big daddy russ
10-20-2006, 12:50 PM
I liked it so much I bought it. You can buy the DVD set at Wally World for $10. Not a bad deal at all.

handNthedirt
10-20-2006, 12:57 PM
One of the all time greats! I'm a member on another board similar to this one and they have threads dedicated to Lonesome Dove quotes and what not...Hilarious!

"a man who won't cheat for a poke don't want a poke bad enough."

Highschoolfan78
10-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
One of the all time greats! I'm a member on another board similar to this one and they have threads dedicated to Lonesome Dove quotes and what not...Hilarious!

"a man who won't cheat for a poke don't want a poke bad enough."

hahahah ya i loved that line.. i was so caught in the suspense that when Gus dies i was sayin what the heck no, he cant die.. he's been the foundation oft he movie, he cant die!!

handNthedirt
10-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I named my dog Gus, if that tells you anything.

LHMom
10-20-2006, 05:14 PM
GREAT movie. My family watches it over and over again.

RMAC
10-20-2006, 05:30 PM
It's a classic movie.