PDA

View Full Version : BC - Hudson Softball

middleagecardinal
05-19-2003, 08:33 AM
Great game! The Hudson pitcher did a good job staying away from the BC bats. She lived on the outside corner all night and we did not do well adjusting to it. The only hit she gave up was on a slap that she fielded and the second baseperson did not cover first (for the second time). With no play made the batter is credited with the hit. The BC defense did their job and the pitching was there. The only question I have is why we did not go to another pitcher that late in the game. We had two more pitchers on the bench that could have relieved Laura G. and possibly give our hitters another chance. The world will never know. Good luck this week to Lufkin Hudson and Kirbyville. I'm sure it will be a good game. Any word on a time and place?

Bellville22
05-19-2003, 10:25 AM
Congrats to the Lady Cards on a wonderful season. I'm certain they didn't go out without a fight. All the credit in the world to the Hudson pitcher, to shut down those bats is something to be very proud of.

BC, looks like y'all have a little talent coming back next year as well, maybe we'll meet up again. Like I said, Bellville returns the core of the team, if we can plug some spots, we should be pretty solid. Congrats on a great year, hope to see y'all next year.