Little Elm 28 McKinney 20

DISTRICT 10-4A
Terrell 14 Rockwall-Heath 7

DISTRICT 11-3A
Madison 32 Lake Worth 20
Roosevelt 40 FW Castleberry 14

Aesculus gilmus
10-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Did Madison have an off night or is Lake Worth better than we thought?
One factor could have been that DM was playing only five days after last Saturday's game.

From the Dallas Morning News:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/leaderboard/schoolinfo.html?sid=0&spid=3&action=box_score&event=92870
Shawnbrey McNeal rushed for 230 yards and three scores as Madison remained unbeaten with an 11-3A over Lake Worth (4-3,0-2).

Madison (6-0,2-0), ranked #2 in SportsDay's Class 3A-others never trailed. Broderick Ross ran 69 yards around the right end with 15 seconds remaining in the first quarter to give Madison a 7-0 lead.

Teams went back and forth but neither could generate more points in the first half.

Madison went ahead 13-0 on its' first drive of the third quarter on a 23-yard run by McNeal. Allen Lee recovered a Lake Worth fumble on Lake Worth's next play and returned it 31 yards for a score.

Lake Worth cut the deficit to 19-7 on a 13-yard run by Chris Rodriguez. Lake Worth then cut the deficit to 19-3 with 9:01 remaining in the game on a 3-yard run by DeAndre Davis.

McNeal raced 55 yards on Madison's first play of its' next possesion to give Madison a 25-13 lead. McNeal put the game out of reach on his next carry, a 64-yard run.

Lake Worth recorded more first downs while Madison amassed more total yards.

Davis led Lake Worth with 101 yards rushing. Madison overcame 12 penalties.

JR2004
10-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Lake Worth wasn't a bad team and they came out and played like it was their Super Bowl. Heck last week they took the team y'all will probably see in the Quarterfinals (Roosevelt) right down to the wire before they lost by 5. They'll go at least 2 rounds in the playoffs if not further. I will say that even though I didn't post it on here I did think beforehand that playing on Saturday and then having to turn around and play on a Thursday night was going to be a problem for Madison. That's just too quick a turnaround in my opinion.

I fully understand that DISD has 21 teams to coordinate and make schedules for, but this was somewhat ridiculous. DISD has a system for who plays on what night each week, but someone should've looked at this and realized this game should've been on a Friday or Saturday. It wouldn't have been that hard to make a change to the schedule.

Aesculus gilmus
10-20-2006, 08:25 PM
When does Madison play Roosevelt? I'm sure the Gilmer coaches already have that date penciled in on their schedules to scout.

JR2004
10-20-2006, 09:06 PM
November 2nd is when they play for the district title. I'd imagine Kennedale's coaches will be there too as well as some of Madison's possible playoff opponents.

Vincent McNeil played his first game last night since the season opener and they had him at WR instead of QB. Both of Madison's corners are going to eventually get D1 scholarships, (One of the two is still a junior) but Danny Hogan(Their best WR) and McNeil are just special players and if they leave McNeil at wideout it could be a long night for Madison's secondary.