PDA

View Full Version : Madison 32 Lake Worth 20

kaorder1999
10-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Game Summary
Madison 32 Lake Worth 20

What happened?
Shawnbrey McNeal rushed for 230 yards and three scores as Madison remained unbeaten with an 11-3A over Lake Worth (4-3,0-2).

Madison (6-0,2-0), ranked #2 in the SportsDay's Class 3A and others never trailed. Broderick Ross ran 69 yards around the right end with 15 seconds remaining in the first quarter to give Madison a 7-0 lead.

Teams went back and forth but neither could generate more points in the first half.

Madison went ahead 13-0 on its' first drive of the third quarter on a 23-yard run by McNeal. Allen Lee recovered a Lake Worth fumble on Lake Worth's next play and returned it 31 yards for a score.

Lake Worth cut the deficit to 19-7 on a 13-yard run by Chris Rodriguez. Lake Worth then cut the deficit to 19-3 with 9:01 remaining in the game on a 3-yard run by DeAndre Davis.

McNeal raced 55 yards on Madison's first play of its' next possesion to give Madison a 25-13 lead. McNeal put the game out of reach on his next carry, a 64-yard run.

Lake Worth recorded more first downs while Madison amassed more total yards.

Davis led Lake Worth with 101 yards rushing. Madison overcame 12 penalties.

Period score

Lake Worth 0 0 7 13 -- 20
Madison 7 0 12 13 -- 32

Who did what?
MAD - Broderick Ross 69 run (David Garcia kick)
MAD - Shawnbrey McNeal 23 run (kick failed)
MAD - Allen Lee 31 fumble return (run failed)
LW - Chris Rodriguez 13 run (Gage Park kick)
LW - DeAndre Davis 3 run (kick failed)
MAD - McNeal 55 run (pass failed)
MAD - McNeal 64 run (Garcia kick)
LW - Jon Chitty 4 run (Park kick)

Stats
LW MAD
First Downs 22 15
Rushing Yards 39-154 27-291
Passing Yards 164 138
Passing 13-23-0 11-21-1
Punts-Avg 4-32.2 2-36.5
Penalties 3-30 12-80
Fumbles-Lost 3-2 4-2

Individual Leaders
Rushing
LW: DeAndre Davis 27-101, Brandon Harris 4-21, Chris Rodriquez 1-13, Jay Kirschbaum 3-11, Kenneth Harmon 1-11, Chris Patino 1-10, Jon Chitty 1-4, Javier Lopez 1-(-17). MAD: Shawnbrey McNeal 21-230, Broderick Ross 1-69, Pat Franklin 2-6, Bobby Hicks 1-(-6), J.L. Wallace 2-(-8).
Passing
LW: Brandon Harris 13-23-0-164. MAD: J.L. Wallace 11-21-1-138.
Receiving
LW: Chris Rodriquez 5-80, Matt Harmon 2-31, Kenneth Harmon 3-28, Javier Lopez 1-10, Chris Patino 1-9, DeMarcus Jackson 1-6. MAD: Willie Hutchins 3-50, Bobby Hicks 2-32, Chris Mason 3-24, Broderick Ross 2-18, Pat Franklin 1-14.

sweetwater07
10-19-2006, 10:48 PM
i hear Mcneal is the real deal

PHS Wildcats
10-20-2006, 01:48 AM
Great job Madison, Now I'm wating for a couple of people and they know who they are to atrt bashing Madison about how could they give up 20 pts and how they are not a team but a bunch of individuals

JR2004
10-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Great job Madison, Now I'm wating for a couple of people and they know who they are to atrt bashing Madison about how could they give up 20 pts and how they are not a team but a bunch of individuals

I grew up in a small town and competed against teams from the city in sports growing up so I've seen both sides of the coin on this one. I used to think some of the same ignorant things about city teams that I've read on a few different websites until I was able to see the other side of things a few years back for the first time. It's been very interesting seeing things from both sides.

The way I look at the criticism is this. It doesn't matter to them that it's Madison. If it were Roosevelt that was undefeated they'd be criticizing them instead. The things wrote about Madison are almost identical to the same things said about any city team that's winning. The whole they aren't a team, they're sloppy, they're classless (And "Getto" according to one noted genius. That's the way he spelled Ghetto by the way.) is pretty much the same tired refrain you hear from people every year when a city school is doing well in football. Personally I get a good laugh out of the comments that some folks make. If Roosevelt beats Madison in two weeks the focus will shift to them and you'll get to hear people rip them apart as well.

3afan
10-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I grew up in a small town and competed against teams from the city in sports growing up so I've seen both sides of the coin on this one. I used to think some of the same ignorant things about city teams that I've read on a few different websites until I was able to see the other side of things a few years back for the first time. It's been very interesting seeing things from both sides.

The way I look at the criticism is this. It doesn't matter to them that it's Madison. If it were Roosevelt that was undefeated they'd be criticizing them instead. The things wrote about Madison are almost identical to the same things said about any city team that's winning. The whole they aren't a team, they're sloppy, they're classless (And "Getto" according to one noted genius. That's the way he spelled Ghetto by the way.) is pretty much the same tired refrain you hear from people every year when a city school is doing well in football. Personally I get a good laugh out of the comments that some folks make. If Roosevelt beats Madison in two weeks the focus will shift to them and you'll get to hear people rip them apart as well.

very well put! :clap:

JR2004
10-23-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i hear Mcneal is the real deal

He's been known to do a thing or two with a football in his hands. :) It was nice to see him pick it up in the 2nd half and get 206 of his yards in the 3rd and 4th quarter (on just 9 carries in the half) and seal the win for the Trojans. The defense was way overdue for a bad game. They haven't had a bad game defensively since the 2005 game against Lincoln. It was nice to see the offense be able to come through when the defense was having an off night.

It was also nice to see sophomore Steve Richards finally make his long awaited varsity debut on the D-line for the Trojans. Madison has sorely missed that giant on their defensive front all season. It's nice to have a kid up there like that that can instantly command a double team. It sure helps make everyone else's job a lot easier.

PHS Wildcats
10-23-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one sticking up for this team. DISD has had a state Champ since '88 and Lincoln lost the title game in '04, I quiet some of these people that are degrading them for having a great yr.:clap:

kaorder1999
10-23-2006, 12:29 PM
i said all year that Madison was going to be good...

mwynn05
10-23-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one sticking up for this team. DISD has had a state Champ since '88 and Lincoln lost the title game in '04, I quiet some of these people that are degrading them for having a great yr.:clap: they lost it on an unbelieveably heart breaking play too

kaorder1999
10-23-2006, 12:33 PM
i still thought they should have started off the year ranked higher then celina..

JR2004
10-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one sticking up for this team. DISD has had a state Champ since '88 and Lincoln lost the title game in '04, I quiet some of these people that are degrading them for having a great yr.:clap:

The resurgence of football in DISD is still in its infant stages, but the district is finally backing football again and it's starting to pay off on the field as you saw in 2004 when Lincoln narrowly missed getting a state title.

I've read the nice things you and a few others have had to say about Madison when other folks have made some pretty ridiculous and uninformed statements. There's been far worse said though off of message boards by people about Madison. I can recall an instance from 2003 when a PA announcer used racial slurs during a game his team was playing against Madison. I was not there for that game, but I was there the following Monday when the paperwork was being filled out by the AD to be sent to the UIL for the words that were used which aren't appropriate for here or anywhere else for that matter. It was a good reminder that some things just never change no matter how much progress you make.

Oh and PHS I was looking over the possible playoff match-ups for Region III and I'm really hoping that there's a 2nd round game between y'all and Gatesville if both should make it that far. If Madison plays on a different night I'd like to see that game if it materializes.

Matthew328
10-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Madison has great talent and they have the potential to be a great team...but I've seen em 3 times now...and they MUST cut out the sloppy play and penalties.....if they continue with the penalties they won't beat Celina IMO

JR2004
10-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Madison has great talent and they have the potential to be a great team...but I've seen em 3 times now...and they MUST cut out the sloppy play and penalties.....if they continue with the penalties they won't beat Celina IMO

Penalties don't hurt the Trojans.

bobcat1
10-24-2006, 07:47 PM
I agree. Penalties don't hurt if you aren't made to pay for them. In time some team will exact the toll for those penalties.

JR2004
10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I agree. Penalties don't hurt if you aren't made to pay for them. In time some team will exact the toll for those penalties.

:rolleyes:

bobcat1
10-24-2006, 08:47 PM
:dispntd:

PHS Wildcats
10-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Whatever, I can't wait until this group shut all the nay sayers up:mad:

"I've seen Madsion x number of time and the have potential", heck don't all the other schools have potential. All teams have things they need to work on. Geez.

I doubt Madsion is the only school in the world that get penalties:mad: