PDA

View Full Version : My New Pet...(nf)

Boosty_Hondo
10-19-2006, 07:35 PM
ok so today i felt like being random so i went and bought a new pet lol check it out

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b330/boosty06/mybaby.jpg

Its a African Emporer Scorpion

SintonFan
10-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Boosty_Hondo
ok so today i felt like being random so i went and bought a new pet lol check it out

That's one bad mo' blah blah! Sweet!:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2006, 07:38 PM
That's scary! :eek:

SintonFan
10-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's scary! :eek:
I'd take it you'd rather own a Chia pet.;)

shankbear
10-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Cuddly!!!! Take him for a walk?

Old Dog
10-19-2006, 08:40 PM
That's gotta be one of the meanest, ugliest creatures on God's earth. Glad you have it, cause it would get stomped at my house!

luvhoops34
10-19-2006, 11:09 PM

It looks like a lobster! And it's too big to stomp. I have to get out my 20 gage.

:mad:

SintonFan
10-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
It looks like a lobster! And it's too big to stomp. I have to get out my 20 gage.

:mad:
Naw.... scorpion meat is tough and nasty. Tastes like salty sand. Don't ask me how I know!

luvhoops34
10-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Naw.... scorpion meat is tough and nasty. Tastes like salty sand. Don't ask me how I know!

Oh yuk! And I don't want to see in person, the scorpion that is big enough to get "meat" from it.

Boosty_Hondo
10-20-2006, 01:03 AM
lol it kinda sucks that Petco didnt take the stinger out of it... hopefully i dont get stung by it

SintonFan
10-20-2006, 01:15 AM
Oh yuk! And I don't want to see in person, the scorpion that is big enough to get "meat" from it.
About 20 years ago, as I was knocking on a friends house in Sinton, I felt something touch the side of my hair. I had the screen door close to my face so I didn't think much about it. My friends mom opened the
door and she didn't say anything, she just looked at me and "mouthed" words with a wide-eyed look. I didn't understand and kept asking her is "so-and-so" home? But she just looked at me all wide-eyed and crazy. I wondered, "what the freak is going on?" About that time that "feeling" on the side of my hair stopped and I felt a thunk on my shoulder and my friends mom
just about screamed bloody murder. Trying to look at her with her reaction I saw a huge stinger right next to my eye all blurry like and finally figured out what she was freaked out about. It was a humongous brown scorpion that was longer than 10" laid across. It was dead quick but I've seen bigger. Ehh...:p

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2006, 01:23 AM
A. Never seen an African Emperor that Brown

B. Never seen one that big.

Usually they look like this

http://centralpets.com/critter_images/insects/scorpions/SCP_0002560_20030310052322.jpg

That looks more like a African fattail

http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/Fatail.jpg

Still bigger than any I have ever seen..and if you bought a fattail at a petco and they did not have it de-stinged then u should sue cause those bad boys are fatal and i mean quickly

I am thinking this is a joke pic or a pic that it looks bigger than it really is...I have had a few diff species of scorpions and I have NEVER seen one that big.

Boosty_Hondo
10-20-2006, 01:30 AM
it actually looks green cause when i turn a black light on over it it glows green its a way that they attract pray in the wild becuase bugs area attracted to light but it really is that big its not a joke pic i took that pic with my phone

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2006, 01:31 AM
So is it more of a black or VERY VERY dark brown?

SintonFan
10-20-2006, 01:31 AM
TXBC, my story was correct and the one that almost stung me was a big boy. Just because you didn't see it doesn't make what I've seen untrue.:)

Boosty_Hondo
10-20-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
So is it more of a black or VERY VERY dark brown?

its a very dark black

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2006, 01:34 AM
I was talking about the pic on this thread..not your story.

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2006, 01:35 AM
its a very dark black

Then while it will hurt if your stung, unless your allergic your ok..and after about 5 stings u get use to it anyway. Take a normal pic of it in good light with a good camera and send it to like animal planet or something, because that species does not normally get that size and you got a PRIZE pet

They are fun to have

Boosty_Hondo
10-20-2006, 01:39 AM
lol i was reading up on them and they can grow from 6-8 inches i havnt meased this one yet because i havnt picked it up yet but some time next week i will be starting to let it sit in my hand and stuff

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2006, 01:42 AM
They are a very relaxed scorpion. Dont pick it up..let it crawl onto your hand

Dont move your fingers or anything because it will think your food or attacking...NORMALLY it will pinch FIRST then sting, so if he grabs hold with the pinchers be ready cause the tail is about to bring down hot fire lol...like I said it hurts, it will swell a bit, but after a few your body builds up a natural tolerance.

Boosty_Hondo
10-20-2006, 01:45 AM
lol thanks for the info you have given me more info than the people at Petco did they relaly do not know much at that one haha

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2006, 01:45 AM
np..i have had a few in my day, they are fun to have and actually you will learn they have unique personalities.

Boosty_Hondo
10-20-2006, 01:47 AM
lol thats cool this one likes to chill in a little ball and it like to try to climb the class wall but oh well it not going to be bale to get out

DU_stud04
10-20-2006, 01:56 AM
lol thats cool this one likes to chill in a little ball and it like to try to climb the class wall but oh well it not going to be bale to get out

hopefully....

dun dun dun!!!!!!!:evil: :D

BullFrog Dad
10-20-2006, 07:42 AM
They are a very relaxed scorpion. Dont pick it up..let it crawl onto your hand

Dont move your fingers or anything because it will think your food or attacking...NORMALLY it will pinch FIRST then sting, so if he grabs hold with the pinchers be ready cause the tail is about to bring down hot fire lol...like I said it hurts, it will swell a bit, but after a few your body builds up a natural tolerance. I think I'll go with a puppy instead.

Gobbler Fan
10-20-2006, 07:58 AM
you guy's are both crazy talking about letting it sit on your hand ......oh just let it crawl up there and dont move your fingers or it will think their prey ....yeahhhhh .

My size 11 would be all over that ugly thing lightning quick ...after I stopped screaming of course ;)

I honestly thought it was a Lobster when I first saw the pic.

MHSvarsity2007
10-20-2006, 09:35 AM
i think you have gone insane. why would you possibly want a huge scoripion as a pet?? good lands. if i ever saw that i'd probably have a heart attack.

pirate4state
10-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
i think you have gone insane. why would you possibly want a huge scoripion as a pet?? good lands. if i ever saw that i'd probably have a heart attack. Right there with ya!!! He told me last night he was gonna take it for a walk. I wonder if he was just messing with me?? :thinking: :D

MHSvarsity2007
10-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Right there with ya!!! He told me last night he was gonna take it for a walk. I wonder if he was just messing with me?? :thinking: :D

i'd probably freak out if i saw somebody walking a scorpion. hahaha

handNthedirt
10-20-2006, 09:46 AM
...They are fun to have

what is fun about having an insect for a pet?

Ranger Mom
10-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
what is fun about having an insect for a pet?

I don't understand that either...my brother used to have hermit crabs..they just sat there!!

3afan
10-20-2006, 09:48 AM
i thought it was an albino lobster :doh:

awizzy
10-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
i thought it was an albino lobster :doh:

ROFL!!

handNthedirt
10-20-2006, 09:50 AM
I used to have a couple of red eyed tree frogs...they had amazing color schemes, but all they did was sleep.

awizzy
10-20-2006, 09:56 AM
http://www.iraq-bangladesh.inbangladesh.com/index_files/spider.jpg

this is my new pet

not really but they are wicked looking

handNthedirt
10-20-2006, 10:27 AM
looks like something from alien, awizzy.

luvhoops34
10-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
About 20 years ago, as I was knocking on a friends house in Sinton, I felt something touch the side of my hair. I had the screen door close to my face so I didn't think much about it. My friends mom opened the
door and she didn't say anything, she just looked at me and "mouthed" words with a wide-eyed look. I didn't understand and kept asking her is "so-and-so" home? But she just looked at me all wide-eyed and crazy. I wondered, "what the freak is going on?" About that time that "feeling" on the side of my hair stopped and I felt a thunk on my shoulder and my friends mom
just about screamed bloody murder. Trying to look at her with her reaction I saw a huge stinger right next to my eye all blurry like and finally figured out what she was freaked out about. It was a humongous brown scorpion that was longer than 10" laid across. It was dead quick but I've seen bigger. Ehh...:p

First off, if something like a 10 in scorpion fell on my head, shoulder, arm or ther body part, yall would be visiting me in the hospital, because I know I would hurt myself trying to get away from it. I don't like bugs, spiders, scorpions, etc.

A couple of months ago we were about 20 miles east of Laredo. We had big black tarantulas everywhere. About drove me completely crazy. I was scared you know what to go outside. And I don't care if they are poisonous or not!

pirate4state
10-20-2006, 10:50 AM
First off, if something like a 10 in scorpion fell on my head, shoulder, arm or ther body part, yall would be visiting me in the hospital, because I know I would hurt myself trying to get away from it. I don't like bugs, spiders, scorpions, etc.

A couple of months ago we were about 20 miles east of Laredo. We had big black tarantulas everywhere. About drove me completely crazy. I was scared you know what to go outside. And I don't care if they are poisonous or not! Haha - I'm the same way!!! Spiders freak/scare the crap out of me. I KNOW it is silly b/c I can just kill them. Just something crazy triggered in your brain. ROFL!!!

awizzy
10-20-2006, 11:02 AM
looks like something from alien, awizzy.

i know so besides bullets and bombs soliders in iraq gotta worry about one of those crawling up in the middle of the night..and they are wicked fast from what i understand

SintonFan
10-20-2006, 01:17 PM

A couple of months ago we were about 20 miles east of Laredo. We had big black tarantulas everywhere. About drove me completely crazy. I was scared you know what to go outside. And I don't care if they are poisonous or not!
Well, you be suprised just how quick a hian can move. That poor scorpion never had a chance as I suddenly developed faster than cat-like reflexes. It went from shoulder to shoe in less than 2 seconds. Or at least that's how I remember it went.;)

SintonFan
10-20-2006, 01:17 PM
I was talking about the pic on this thread..not your story.
I knew this at the time...:(

handNthedirt
10-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
i know so besides bullets and bombs soliders in iraq gotta worry about one of those crawling up in the middle of the night..and they are wicked fast from what i understand

thats a damn shame...do they go after people, or do they go the other direction?

awizzy
10-20-2006, 01:54 PM
thats a damn shame...do they go after people, or do they go the other direction?

i couldnt tell ya..but i know if i woke up and one of those was on my or near by...it would scare the hell out of me

handNthedirt
10-20-2006, 02:11 PM
absolutely...I'd definitely be in dire need of some clean shorts.

Boosty_Hondo
10-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by awizzy
http://www.iraq-bangladesh.inbangladesh.com/index_files/spider.jpg

this is my new pet

not really but they are wicked looking

that is ridiculous some would should really call and exterminator