PDA

View Full Version : What does Everman have?

Matthew328
11-12-2002, 11:48 PM
For anyone curious I just thought I'd post some of the players and stats from the regular season of Everman position by position...

OFFENSE

Quarterback: Michael Benton (5'10 181 4.5)
Benton is the key to the Everman offense and again this year has been huge...he has 573 yards passing and 12 TD's and has rushed for 541 yards and 9 TD's...in 2 seasons as Everman QB he has thrown for 25 TD's and 1 INT and rushed for 28 TD's...

Running Backs: Theo Miller (5'8 165 4.4) JJ Jennings (5'9 175 4.5)
Both backs have had great seasons..Jennings who led the Dawgs in rushing in 2000 has 1165 yards and 17 TD's on only 109 attempts...Miller has 983 yards and 12 TD's on only 96 attempts..Jennings gets his work done between the tackles and Miller does a lot of his damage on the outside...

Wide Recievers: Johnathan Harrell (6'2 190 4.5) Tim Primus (5'7 160 4.4) Tim Jackson (6'3 175 4.6)
Harrell had been the only target Benton threw to at all early in the season..he has 16 catches for 312 yards and 5 TD's...he has also rushed for 369 yards and 6 TD's on only 24 carries..Primus is the main deep threat with his speed he only has 4 catches for 71 yards...sophmore Tim Jackson has emerged as the big play guy with 3 catches for 98 yards all 3 going for TD's..Everman uses a couple of other guys at reciever but they are mainly blockers..

Tight Ends: Ed Sinclair (6'0 185) Craig Boatwright (6'4 205)
Sinclair is the better reciever of the 2 with 4 catches 2 being for TD's..but Sinclair is an excellent blocker for his size...Boatwright is an excellent blocker however...

Offensive Line: C Monte Mayo (6'3 250) Guard Kenneth Milton (5'10 215) Guard Nick Clark (6'0 230) Tackle Jontae Bragg (6'0 240) Tackle Omarion Bradford (6'0 340)
Everman's line for the most part uses speed and technique to beat people but they can be overpowering at times..Mayo and Clark were all state last year and likely will be again..Milton is the quickest of the bunch..Bragg is a sophmore who has come on quickly..in short yardage Everman likes to go behind 340 lb Bradford...

DEFENSE
Defensive Tackles Brian Jones (6'2 265) Brandon Darden (6'0 270)
Both tackles from Everman have been great this year..they stop the run up the middle and get a surprising pass rush and are deceptively quick as both have run down QB's trying to get out of the pocket..overall they have been very steady..

Defensive Ends: Nick Clark (6'0 230) Craig Boatwright (6'4 205)
Everman uses a 3 man rotation at DE as Robert Jackson a starter from last year is also used he goes 6'2 195 and is probably the quickest of the 3..Clark has been unblockable at times this year and is the leader he gets double teamed constantly..Boatwright is a junior who saw a lot of time last year and is steady..if Jackson returns to form from last year the Everman defense will be tough..he is the wild card..he had a rough game against Kennedale and was taken out of the lineup but lately he has come on..

Linebackers: Wallace Jones (6'0 175) Juan Oropeza (5'11 180) Shamarcus Halloway (6'0 205)
Everman's LB's were a sore spot early in the year but since switching defensive schemes after the Kennedale loss the LB's have been great..Jones and Halloway are both speedy and fly to the ball..(Halloway is only a soph) Oropeza mans the middle and is solid against the run...in passing situations look for speedy LB Leonard Richardson to replace Oropeza, Richardson is 5'10 185 but he can really run...

Cornerbacks: Tim Primus (5'7 160 4.4) Carvel Williams (5'9 160 4.5)
Both corners are good cover guys and excellent open field tacklers...Williams is the better cover guy of the 2 but Primus has really come on since getting the starting role...Williams only has 1 INT but he has big game experience as he got a key INT in the state tittle game last year...

Safeties: Johnathan Harrell (6'2 190 4.5) Jeremy Cole (6'1 165 4.5)
Everman's safeties have been great...Cole is has been the key to Everman's improvement since the Kennedale game..since inserted into the lineup Cole has 3 INT's but his big contribution has been in stopping the run because the kid can really hit..he has made a number of big time hits in the open field..and he is only a sophmore! Harrell has 5 INT's and is the leader of the defense he has been tremendous all year..

jason
11-13-2002, 01:31 AM
You forgot about kickers and punters...haha

rholl
11-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Everman has nothing this yr!!!! All teams please overlook them and prepare as though you have a bye-week and begin planning for the next teams scheme. Matt.......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2002, 04:28 PM
You are bringing back memory's from last year when i see those names. Do u think this team is as good as last years? (Hoping for a rematch)

evebulldog01
11-13-2002, 05:37 PM
Great post rholl. Matt no offense but why don't you just go ahead and post our offensive defensive schemes as well.

Matthew328
11-13-2002, 06:37 PM
LOL Trust me I am not posting anything that people in the know don't already know...if you watch film of Everman it is pretty obvious what we do...coaches and the like don't read the board for scouting reports etc. most of the coaches that read message boards do so purely for the entertainment value...I just wanted fans who were curious as to what Everman is about has..I would NEVER post anything that I thought would hurt the team..and if a coach was using our board as a way to scout they wouldn't be coaching long...LOL

evebulldog01
11-13-2002, 07:05 PM
Your right Matt. Sorry, I didn't think of it that way.

fwisd
11-13-2002, 07:27 PM
They've got it all, don't they Matt? Good look to the Bulldogs in the playoffs - they are fun to watch - good athletes and very well-coached. Cubs

Rabbit'93
11-13-2002, 09:17 PM
I get ill everytime I see that. :( . Good luck to the Dawgs. Hope to see you i the Semi's

bleedgreen
11-13-2002, 09:54 PM
Ever since I saw Everman at Kennedale, I've said the state champs are in our district. Everman will prove the polls wrong and retain the crown. Top to bottom, defense and offense, they are the best 3A team I've EVER seen. Now that the playoffs have begun, I will cheer for the Purple and Gold of my Alma Mater but attend the games of my home for many years, the Wildcats of Kennedale. Next stop: Austin, Texas. All aboard.

Matthew328
11-13-2002, 11:36 PM
It's cool evebulldog01.....if you know me and I think you do you know I wouldn't post anything to hurt the Dawgs! And bleedgreen thanks for the support..as long as we aren't playing at the same time I'll be checkin the Wildcats out! I am sure there will be a few Everman fans at Coppell Friday night...and hey if you arent doing anything Saturday we'd love to see some folks from Kennedale at Pennington Field on Saturday! Also fwisd aka cubs4ever thanks for the support..good luck to those Brownfield Cubs and if you ever make an Everman playoff game lemme know! I always like to meet some of our loyal posters from the downlow!!

rholl
11-14-2002, 12:27 AM
haha... guess I'm going to have to figure out how to use those little smiley faced guys on here.......of course I was kidding about Matt spilling Evermans secrets.....Its been a long time since Everman was able to fly under anyones "radar".

bulldog65
11-14-2002, 07:35 AM
Amen to that! Let the playoffs begin!

horns04
11-14-2002, 12:13 PM
Well I know Everman will not sneak up on anybody, but I ve been reading on other boards that the state champ is going to be Jasper or Burnet. Everman has not played anyone tough yet, but they will pick it up in the playoffs. The coaches will not them over look anyone. They have been there before and know what it will take to win again.

j_dog
11-14-2002, 01:44 PM
Matt, thank you for the post. It seems to me the purpose of the board is to share information so that the players and teams can get some recognition and the fans can better enjoy the games. Of course, it is already common knowledge that Everman has a great team. Hope to meet you sometime around December 15th.

wildcat834
11-14-2002, 02:41 PM
Horns, how can you say that Everman hasn't played anyone tough yet. They played Kennedale, who is a real good team. Also, they played that big school from Oklahoma, who is supposed to be great. They kicked the crap out of everyone but Kennedale. They didn't play very good, and made it reasonably good game against a dominant Kennedale team.

bulldog65
11-14-2002, 06:48 PM
For info only: Lawton Ike made the 6A playoffs and play Westmoore Sat. 7:30 pm.

29x281
11-14-2002, 10:20 PM
What does Everman have?

Probably a lot of rust after playing in maybe the worst district in the state. Only one or two South Texas districts could be worse. Kennedale, the only other good team in 8-3A beat them like 7 weeks ago. Since then, Everman has gone unchallenged. Making matters worse, they play another patsy in the first round.

I have a suspicion that Graham will be tough for Everman in the 2nd round. I'm not necessarily predicting an upset, but it will be a close game.

Matthew328
11-15-2002, 09:19 AM
Actually I worried about that 2 years ago but not anymore...Everman has played in a bad district the last 2 years and it hasn't bothered them...they are experienced and ready to play...Glen Rose is no powerhouse but they aren't a terrible team..definatley a step up from Goldey and Carter-Riverside...and Lake Dallas is kinda in the same category as Glen Rose....I do think Graham is a pretty good team though..as is Wylie

rholl
11-16-2002, 08:21 PM
bringing this one back from last week for some of the Wylie posters.....Good luck to both teams next weekend......we still owe ya'll from 2000!!!!!!!!!!!

evebulldog01
11-16-2002, 08:24 PM
Yes we do rholl! We owe Wylie big time for 2000!

bulldog65
11-16-2002, 09:27 PM
I agree! This is a match we have wanted for a long time!

FanMan
11-19-2002, 12:14 PM
Matt thanks for the information. As a Wylie fan I will enjoy watching the game seeing how Wylie blocks/tackles certain players. I am not a coach and Coach Sandifer has not been at Wylie for 20+ years being as successful as he has listening to fans and reading fans postings on the internet. That being said, how about those offensive and defensive schemes? I will enjoy this game and hope we can provide Everman with a challenge. GO DAWGS!!!

Matthew328
11-19-2002, 12:20 PM
LOL I won't go into too much detail on that since I don't know exactly what Everman does...especially on offense...we do so many different things on offense it is tough to tell what type of offense we have..LOL we have a lot of balance and an excellent line...defense wise we have s good D-Line and some LB's that tackle well and a secondary with athletes..Wylie will be a test for Everman without a doubt..they have a balanced offense and a defense that is always well coached and always in the right place at the right time!

pero chato
11-19-2002, 01:52 PM
We (Wylie) will certainly be the under-bull-dogs. Sounds and looks like Everman has it all. As I said on an earlier post, maybe Everman used up all their touchdowns on Lake Dallas. Probably not. The 2000 game was a hard fought battle. I remember Everman having some late turnovers that helped us lock down the win. I don't see this as a rematch because we have none of the players from two years ago starting this year. Our defense has been improving and looked good against a high scoring Graham team. But stopping guys with 4.4 and 4.5 speed will be a whole new challenge. Good luck to both teams for a clean, injury free contest!

evebulldog01
11-19-2002, 07:04 PM
Pero Chato I'm sorry to hear that Wylie doesn't see this at a rematch. Everman has five Starters on that team that are starting this year and all of them rember the game very well.

ballhog65
11-19-2002, 10:41 PM
well everyone might think that wylie is gonna lose this one by a landslide but not everyone has seen this team play.
Everman hasnt really played a good team since kennedale and they lost to them.
Wylie is a very talented team and is evenly matched with everman.
The lines are about the same size and the speed is there for wylie as well seein as though 3 or the 4 members of the state qualifying sprint relay team play alot on both sides of the ball.
I hope to see a great game but i always like to go with the underdogs.
Go Bulldogs....................Wylie Bulldogs

ballhog65
11-19-2002, 10:50 PM
well everyone might think that wylie is gonna lose this one by a landslide but not everyone has seen this team play.
Everman hasnt really played a good team since kennedale and they lost to them.
Wylie is a very talented team and is evenly matched with everman.
The lines are about the same size and the speed is there for wylie as well seein as though 3 or the 4 members of the state qualifying sprint relay team play alot on both sides of the ball.
I hope to see a great game but i always like to go with the underdogs.
Go Bulldogs....................Wylie Bulldogs

FanMan
11-21-2002, 04:04 PM
Everman has a great team no doubt about it. I realize from the stats the the backs average over 10 yards a carry and score often. I know though that Coach Sandifer will have a great game plan as to how to counter all of that production. Just curious how the players will respond when the holes aren't there as they are used to? It will be a hard fought game, but I predict a win for Wylie. Go Dawgs!