PDA

View Full Version : Its like Deja Vu, kinda...Gilmer beware

TheDOCTORdre
10-19-2006, 02:47 PM
So I just saw this thread Who has the best chance to beat gilmer in the playoffs? (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52939&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) and it reminded me of something I saw 2 years ago Who Can Stop Decatur? (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22558&highlight=stop+decatur) And we all know what happened to Decatur dont we? Note the similarities, the 2nd post in each of the respective teams said it would take a NFL team to do it. And note my reply to each of the respective threads. So lets not start crowning any state champions yet, that is why we play the game.

lostaussie
10-19-2006, 03:21 PM
the one big resemblance is NEITHER thread was started by a poster from that teams city:thinking:

pirate4state
10-19-2006, 03:23 PM
I've been saying the same damned thing for weeks now!! Geez!! I hear you aussie it is always someone else starting the talk and maybe this year the most hyped team (GILMER) will FINALLY win the ring!!

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 03:24 PM
and there is the possibility of Gilmer having to play Abilene Wylie in the semis...the team that beat Decatur that year!!! :eek:

lostaussie
10-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I've been saying the same damned thing for weeks now!! Geez!! I hear you aussie it is always someone else starting the talk and maybe this year the most hyped team (GILMER) will FINALLY win the ring!! i hear you. i thought preseason hype was cool until all this started!!!!!

griff
10-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
the one big resemblance is NEITHER thread was started by a poster from that teams city:thinking:

And the same can be said of WO-S two years ago and Jasper the year before that. Teams get rated highly in the polls...the fans (posters) show their enthusiasm on this message board...and then they get branded as a bunch of boastful blow-hards. I feel your pain, lostaussie. It's a stereotypical way that people view these things, but it's not accurate.

eagles_victory
10-19-2006, 06:40 PM
us fairfield posters never do that we just take our 1-5 record and keep our mouths shut.