PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Place to Watch Playoff Game

greenpride
10-19-2006, 01:49 PM
If you are like me, I enjoy watching high school playoff games, even if my high school is not playing in it. What/where is your favorite stadium to watch a playoff game? It has been a few years, but watching a game at Kyle Field is a blast. Big time college stadium with high school atmosphere is unbelievable. IMO

(Bryan and A&M Consolidated play at Kyle Field every year....what an experience for the kids to have a chance to play in this type of venue)

wedo
10-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Tha dome!! nobody plays there anymore!!

Old Tiger
10-19-2006, 01:54 PM
WISD Stadium

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
WISD Stadium

:smoker:

Seriously...do we want to get started on how stupid their rules are and how anal their security is???

injuredinmelee
10-19-2006, 02:00 PM
I like Birdville but its a pain in the patookus to get to.

I also like BWood and Ennis.

Waco I dont like the way they designed the bleachers. Too much of the seating is too far away from the field. I also detest Texas Stadium. They refused entry to my Slurpee last season. I demanded to talk to Jerry.

JR2004
10-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I like Birdville but its a pain in the patookus to get to.

Isn't that the truth. Good Lord that place was hard to get to for the 3A title game up there in 2000. It's definitely not the easiest stadium to get to, but it's a nice facility and had the best pressbox food outside of McKamie Stadium. :)

Old Tiger
10-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Seriously...do we want to get started on how stupid their rules are and how anal their security is??? I was always too drunk to care about their rules:cool:

Ranger Mom
10-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Since it's so darn close to home..I have to say Midland Grande!

I got to to see several playoff games there last season....didn't really even have to travel much away from this area until the Sweetwater/Tatum matchup at Tx Stadium!!

injuredinmelee
10-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Isn't that the truth. Good Lord that place was hard to get to for the 3A title game up there in 2000. It's definitely not the easiest stadium to get to, but it's a nice facility and had the best pressbox food outside of McKamie Stadium. :)

they always have premade name plates for the palyers ont he lockers. Very nice and names engraved.

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I was always too drunk to care about their rules:cool:

a good thing to be while in HS...go yell at a principal or something! :rolleyes:

JR2004
10-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
they always have premade name plates for the palyers ont he lockers. Very nice and names engraved.

They sure do. The coaches left in Gatesville that were there that night still have those nameplates. They have them on their desks in the coaches office last time I went down there in the spring.

Fotbol
10-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Leo Buckley since it's a block away from my house:smoker: :thumbsup: :wave:

piratebg
10-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Anywhere but Buc Stadium in Corpus Christi. That field has always given us bad luck.

Old Tiger
10-19-2006, 02:50 PM
a good thing to be while in HS...go yell at a principal or something! :rolleyes: lol...WHY MUST YOU HOLD THAT AGAINST ME!

jason
10-19-2006, 02:51 PM
texas stadium has to be one of the best in the state, once you get past the patchwork roof, and into your seat with some superbowl nachos, its great....there isnt a bad seat in the place...

Keith7
10-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Texas Stadium

Old Tiger
10-19-2006, 02:52 PM
MMMMMMM super bowl naaaachos

herewego
10-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Been to both Waco ISD and Round Rock ISD stadiums. Both have similar designs and by same contractor, I think, but Round Rock's is bigger and just an awesome place to watch a game.

The scoreboard rivals many Division I colleges with both teams' helmets and logos. It has instant replays and there's great parking.

It ain't called "The Palace" for nuthin' !

pirate4state
10-19-2006, 02:59 PM

Seriously...do we want to get started on how stupid their rules are and how anal their security is??? No kidding!!! :foul:

I know it isn't much, but I have always loved watching games at Victoria Memorial. :) Maybe b/c Sinton has always had good luck there!! :D

Round Rock has an amazing stadium!! :thumbsup: I've been to both there and that new stadium is really nice.

piratebg
10-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Victoria Memorial has always kind of been our second home. Kyle Field was a pretty cool place to be, as well.

STANG RED
10-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by jason
texas stadium has to be one of the best in the state, once you get past the patchwork roof, and into your seat with some superbowl nachos, its great....there isnt a bad seat in the place...

I like it just fine as long as no one is in front of me, so I can put my feet over. Otherwise my knees are jambed up against the back of it. Texas Stadium is built for shorter people than me.

pirate4state
10-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Victoria Memorial has always kind of been our second home. Kyle Field was a pretty cool place to be, as well. :doh: How could I forget about Kyle Field!! Back-to-back weekends!! What a blast!!! Too bad we are 1-1 :( ;)

Pudlugger
10-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Don't like WISD. Bad luck on visitors side at least. Don't like Bryan. Too far and the field is concrete. Liked SHSU, beautiful field and great view of the game. Liked the AstroDome but I guess its been retired.

Favorite: AlamoDome. Big, plenty of good seats, lots of parking, easy access off 281 and great view of the action. And it never rains in there.

pirate4state
10-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Don't like WISD. Bad luck on visitors side at least. Don't like Bryan. Too far and the field is concrete. Liked SHSU, beautiful field and great view of the game. Liked the AstroDome but I guess its been retired.

Favorite: AlamoDome. Big, plenty of good seats, lots of parking, easy access off 281 and great view of the action. And it never rains in there.

Dangit...I forgot about the AlamoDome too. We didn't have great luck there either!! :p ROFL! Stupid Cuero!

Fotbol
10-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

Favorite: AlamoDome. Big, plenty of good seats, lots of parking, easy access off 281 and great view of the action. And it never rains in there. Pud your Lagrange Team beat my Bulldawgs in a come from behind win in 99'-00' to advance and win the state game, so that stadium should be good 2 ya at least from the home side:D

fireman1
10-19-2006, 03:57 PM
well Victoria Memorial is a nice place to play Football it could get pretty loud on the field

awizzy
10-19-2006, 03:58 PM
shotwell..or grande

carter08
10-19-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
well Victoria Memorial is a nice place to play Football it could get pretty loud on the field

I like Memorial Stadum if you're the home team.

The stands have backs on them :D

exbulldog06
10-19-2006, 04:00 PM
my two favorite places to go to were texas stadium and floyd casey stadium those are my favorites

Pudlugger
10-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Pud your Lagrange Team beat my Bulldawgs in a come from behind win in 99'-00' to advance and win the state game, so that stadium should be good 2 ya at least from the home side:D

Yes in the 2000 semi-final against Marlin. That was a terrific football game. However, we were on the home side so that's why I qualified my remark. We lost to Commerce 14-11 in the championship the next year at WISD and then in 2003 to Marlin in the Regional final. Both times on visitors side. Vistors side--- bad joo ju.

g$$
10-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Used to be the Astrodome b/c my late dad & I would go watch lots of games in one day. Good memories. Climate controlled too.

Texas Stadium is a dump & hard to park, get in, etc.

Victoria Memorial & Katy Jack Rhodes are good too. Just feels like playoff football. My hs career ended at Rhodes though so it's bittersweet everytime I walk in & sit down.

Maybe it is just me, but Kyle Field & DKR are great venues but just so big for a hs game. Some of the atmosphere is lost. Great experience for the kids though.

The new one in the Houston Area - North Shore - is nice & very similar to Round Rock's palace with the locker rooms & replay boards. Bring on the playoffs!

whtfbplaya
10-19-2006, 04:31 PM
From the field.

3afan
10-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Tha dome!! nobody plays there anymore!!

if you are talking about the Astrodome, awful place to watch football --- stands are way too far from the field

3afan
10-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Texas Stadium is a dump & hard to park, get in, etc.

but, once you are indise the seating bowl there is no better venue in Texas IMO except maybe the Alamodome (never been there) ....... yes its a dump outside and getting in/out CAN be horrendous but it can at any stadium

Any fairly new HS stadium without a track is OK with me

g$$
10-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Texas Stadium is fine once you get in, but...

The Astrodome is no palace, agreed, but for a hs game you can find good seats in the mezzanine & the view is fine. Maybe I am biased because I grew up around here too.

I also like the Alamodome for sight lines, but they could really upgrade the video boards, sound system, etc.

j_dog
10-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Without a doubt, Sam Houston State, in Huntsville. ;) :)

It is a great stadium, and now it even has a huge instant replay screen as part of the scoreboard. :) :)

For playoff time, you coaches should check it out this year! :)

3afan
10-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Without a doubt, Sam Houston State, in Huntsville. ;) :)

It is a great stadium, and now it even has a huge instant replay screen as part of the scoreboard. :) :)

For playoff time, you coaches should check it out this year! :)

take away the track and I'd be right there with ya

http://www.gobearkats.com/pics/bowersalcorn.jpg

formermbcouns
10-19-2006, 05:04 PM
Alamodome, Kyle Field...all places that Marlin has won a big game!!!

Gobbla2001
10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
The Rock-Pile in San Antonio (Alamo Stadium)... though it has a track it's still a great place to watch a playoff game...

Watched Sealy/Commerce in Texas Stadium in '99... It was alright... the best part was #1 - the game and #2 the "CHS" spelled using the upper-level seats, that was sweet...

Victoria Memorial is a good venue, great place to watch a game (though that's my my football playing days ended) but they're raping you on the costs etc... and have too many rules now... the rules are really because of their students being ignorant, they need to control them and let us small town folk be small-town folk... they must understand that most of the people who play their playoff games there actually are academically acceptable...

gato 76
10-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
if you are talking about the Astrodome, awful place to watch football --- stands are way too far from the field

Watched alot of great playoffs games in the dome,that is alot of Bay City playoff games.Great place to watch a game,really miss watching playoff games there.The weather was never a factor.

tigerpride_08
10-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Victoria Memorial has always kind of been our second home. Kyle Field was a pretty cool place to be, as well.

the times we've played at victoria memorial i enjoyed it...

piratebg
10-19-2006, 06:39 PM
There was a sports complex in Laredo that was pretty new and very nice. We played there back in 2004, I believe.

wedo
10-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
the times we've played at victoria memorial i enjoyed it...

In my high school career i played at Victoria Memorial 5 times!! With the last being a lost to Burnet that ended my football playin days!!!

Tigerpride08 weren't you only a freshman the last time wharton played there??