PDA

View Full Version : Monahans at Fort Stockton next week.

Funk-d-fied
10-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Game should match up two 6-1 teams who will be 3-0 in district play against eachother. The last 3 times Monahans has played on the road at Fort Stockton's Panther Field they have lost. Should be intresting to watch the game. Both have good players and both are in stride.

justlikesports
10-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Yes next week will be a good game, but that is next week. The Loboes are concentrating on their game at home this week. GO LOBOES!

Ranger Mom
10-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by justlikesports
Yes next week will be a good game, but that is next week. The Loboes are concentrating on their game at home this week. GO LOBOES!

Who do yall have this week??

I'm a girl without a game!!:p

westtxfballfan
10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
I think it's Fabens in Monahans this Friday.

justlikesports
10-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Monahans does indeed play Fabens tomorrow.

Funk-d-fied
10-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Monahans will beat Fabens by 52pts. mark my words....3-0 vs. 3-0 next week in Stockton if Stockton beats Anthony in Anthony.

ML05
10-19-2006, 07:53 PM
And if I remember correctly, at least the last two times Monahans has played in Fort Stockton, they have been beaten by 1 point in OT. I'm picking Monahans big over Fabens. The Monahans/FS game should be an interesting one...

wordonthastreet
10-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Fort Stockton won't stay on the field with the Loboes. Fort Stockton is a decent team that has no speed. Corral the qb better get ready to get hit and a lot. He was the qb last year when Stockton came into Monahans with high hopes and were dominated 46-0. At least Stockton will play hard and not give up like Pecos. Get ready to be taken out behind the woodshed again next week at home by the Mean Green. Bet the farm on it. Thats the word on tha' street.

wordonthastreet
10-19-2006, 09:55 PM
And I will tell ya another thing too. The Loboes ain't running the chuck n' duck and the soft D like they were 2 years ago when Stockton won in OT. Monahans is wing-t run it down your throat and blitz every play and get after you on defense. You saw it last year. You will see it again this year. Thats also the word on tha' street.

WTF-82
10-19-2006, 10:08 PM
You got it Loboes with sir Owens running this team, has Lobo program rolling they are nasty tough even when the Loboes were coached by that other staff they were still better if Owens ran those teams would be a completely different game.

Loboes 35-7 Stockton is better than last season but not at the Lobo Level !!!! I will assure you though stockton will bring there best game in this one this will be on hitting contest football friends.

Funk-d-fied
10-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Gut check, It won't be a rollover game. Last time I checked Stockton has put some big numbers this year. Hope your DB"s can run because the recievers in Stockton have speed, proven state track meet speed. Corral was very young last year in Monahans, i think it was his first start, hell they only had 22 players last year due to injuries. This year he is way more experienced and confident in his skills, add Salmon at fullback and the newest member to the offense Frankie Ruiz and you have the makings of a good game. The Stockton defense is alot better then I think alot of people give credit for. Remember they had the offensive and defensive newcomers of the year last year, and pre-season, offensive, defensive and MVP players of the year according to TEXASHSFOOTBALL. Gonna be a good one!

zeus63
10-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Stockton will be lucky if the Loboes dont' hang about 50 on them. should be a good match-up with Stockton VS. Anthony though.

Funk-d-fied
10-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Typical Monahans attitudes, almost as bad an snyder's.... Hope you guys hold on against a tough Fabens Team....Good Luck.

DaHop72
10-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Funk-d-fied
Typical Monahans attitudes, almost as bad an snyder's.... Hope you guys hold on against a tough Fabens Team....Good Luck. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's okay Dahop...i still luv ya!!:kiss:

wordonthastreet
10-20-2006, 12:03 PM
***-82, your right. Coach Owens has made a big differnece with our boys. THe powrlifting coaches made a big difference with the best kept secret of the Lobos a couple of years ago when they started the new offseason. OUr boys are real strong and quick now. I cant wait for the game tonight!

DaHop72
10-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's okay Dahop...i still luv ya!!:kiss: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

westtxfballfan
10-20-2006, 12:12 PM
I don't know about hanging 50 on FS, but this game won't be that close IMO. The Monahans teams from the last three trips to FS are no where near as good as the last two years since Coach Owens arrived, so that's not a good measuring stick (to say they've struggled in FS recently.) They struggled a lot of places over those years and it hasn't mattered in most cases over the last 2 seasons.

loboes86
10-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Gut check, It won't be a rollover game. Last time I checked Stockton has put some big numbers this year. Hope your DB"s can run because the recievers in Stockton have speed, proven state track meet speed. Corral was very young last year in Monahans, i think it was his first start, hell they only had 22 players last year due to injuries. This year he is way more experienced and confident in his skills, add Salmon at fullback and the newest member to the offense Frankie Ruiz and you have the makings of a good game. The Stockton defense is alot better then I think alot of people give credit for. Remember they had the offensive and defensive newcomers of the year last year, and pre-season, offensive, defensive and MVP players of the year according to TEXASHSFOOTBALL. Gonna be a good one! Humor me a little and tell me who your State Proven Track Speed runners from Stockton are. I'm looking at the UIL archives and can only find 3 races that Stockton ran in last year at the state meet and placed in.:confused: I'm almost sure that at least 2 of those guys were seniors . Were these recievers part of the 4x400 relay ?:confused:

loboes86
10-21-2006, 09:51 PM
ttt

Ranger Mom
10-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
ttt

You are gonna have "TTT" that one all weekend if you are expecting an answer from him....he normally only posts from work!

loboes86
10-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Then I'll tt on Monday:devil:

Ranger Mom
10-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Then I'll tt on Monday:devil: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WTF-82
10-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Ranger Mom were is the big Snyder game going to be at.

Ranger Mom
10-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Ranger Mom were is the big Snyder game going to be at.

The big GREENWOOD game against snyder will be IN Greenwood!!

loboes86
10-23-2006, 06:08 AM
ttt:)

Funk-d-fied
10-23-2006, 08:35 AM
they sure are.... Loboes rolled over a bad fabens team. I can't believe they are not ranked higher.... Good Luck this week.

DukeNukem
10-23-2006, 08:59 AM
sure are changing your tone funk. last week you were saying the panthers were going to use blazing speed to smoke the loboes. why the change? couldn't be because of that impressive win over anthony.

Funk-d-fied
10-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Changing my tune? Where do you get that? I congratulated monahans on their win and I am changing my tune.... I still think it will be a good game.

loboes86
10-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Humor me a little and tell me who your State Proven Track Speed runners from Stockton are. I'm looking at the UIL archives and can only find 3 races that Stockton ran in last year at the state meet and placed in.:confused: I'm almost sure that at least 2 of those guys were seniors . Were these recievers part of the 4x400 relay ?:confused: So Funk can you answer this for me ? :)

zeus63
10-24-2006, 09:07 AM
I doens't matter who went to the state track meet last year. This is football and it is played on the turf, not the track. So, results from track mean jack in this game. The fact is that Ft. Stockton has some athletes on their team, no doubt, But, they do not have enough athletes to overcome Monahans. My prediction:

MONAHANS 52
FT. STOCKTON 13

(Those 13 points will come after Owens calls off the dogs at half-time.)

Funk-d-fied
10-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Bold predictions..... I obviously think it will be closer but we will wait to see what happens. Stockton didn't have a great trip out to Anthony and it showed with very poor play, 3 turnovers. Monahans is very good, but I just like the fact that it's in Stockton. I think the last time Monahans won there was in 1998 or in 1996. I guess that's why they play games on the field and not on computer monitors..... Good Luck to all!

zeus63
10-24-2006, 09:24 AM
I guess that's why they play games on the field and not on computer monitors..... Good Luck to all!

Good call.

Funk-d-fied
10-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Is Roberson's hand still in a cast?

Funk-d-fied
10-24-2006, 09:33 AM
The Loboes bring back star running back Chris Roberson, who reeled in 1,200 yards and 13 touchdowns on the ground. Roberson should be in for a similar season of numbers providing the line, led by Michael Murphree and Ruben Rodriguez puts up the same effort they gave all of last season. Defensively, the Loboes have T.J. Brooks back on the saddle. If the Loboes are anywhere near the level they have been the last two years, they could become a very key sleeper in the state championship picture. But is there anyone in 1-3A that can give them a solid challenge?

All indications of Monahans' biggest competitor becoming the Fort Stockton Panthers. With a majority of the defense returning to the line up this season. The Panthers do have the depth, quickness and experience necessary to challenge Monahans for the top spot. Junior quarterback Sergio Corral is back to led the offense back into not just a district title picture but a playoff run as well. Two of Corral's top targets will be TE Josh Rodriguez and FB M.J. Salmon. On the defensive side of the ball, LB Brazos Peacock, DE Michael Rivera and Renee Corral are expected to provide the big punch and energy. If the defense improves and works with it's experience, there is no reason the Panthers cannot challenge for the top spot.

WTF-82
10-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Well the Loboes dont have TJ Brooks suspended for the year and
DE- transfered to Aledo. From this preseason pick above.

But Owens has done a great Job with what he has the kids never got down just played ball. Roberson missing the Snyder game never phased the Loboes these kids just go out and play one
game they played with out great emotion and lost.

But this is district play know they will take care of business.

loboes86
10-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
I doens't matter who went to the state track meet last year. This is football and it is played on the turf, not the track. So, results from track mean jack in this game. The fact is that Ft. Stockton has some athletes on their team, no doubt, But, they do not have enough athletes to overcome Monahans. My prediction:

MONAHANS 52
FT. STOCKTON 13

(Those 13 points will come after Owens calls off the dogs at half-time.) Excuse Me ! But if I want to ask a Question about track I can and it was not directed at you so don't worry about it. He (Funk-d-fied) made a statemant about some state track proven speed on their defense and I was curious about who it was. If I'm not mistaken Defensive Backs are on a football team and thats what I was asking about.:)

Snydertigersrul
10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The big GREENWOOD game against snyder will be IN Greenwood!!

CORRECTION: The BIG SNYDER game against greenwood will be in greenwood. I'm going to love beating the Rangers in their own yard.

:clap:
:clap:

Ranger Mom
10-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I'm going to love beating the Rangers in their own yard.

I must have had you confused with someone else, I wasn't aware that you were a player!!

wordonthastreet
10-25-2006, 06:28 AM
The Monahans defense and offense is almost all new boys from last year. Coach Mitchell, McWilliams, Roark, and Dixon have the defense giving up 6 points in district playing Pecos, Clint, and Fabens. The offense in these games under Owens, Simpson, Burns, and Rivera has scored 162 points. Go Loboes! Thats the word on the street.

Funk-d-fied
10-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Gonne be good because Stockton is not Pecos, Fabens, or Clint, and those teams defense is not Stockton's. It's gonna be a good game bottomline. I can't wait!

loboes86
10-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Gut check, It won't be a rollover game. Last time I checked Stockton has put some big numbers this year. Hope your DB"s can run because the recievers in Stockton have speed, proven state track meet speed. Corral was very young last year in Monahans, i think it was his first start, hell they only had 22 players last year due to injuries. This year he is way more experienced and confident in his skills, add Salmon at fullback and the newest member to the offense Frankie Ruiz and you have the makings of a good game. The Stockton defense is alot better then I think alot of people give credit for. Remember they had the offensive and defensive newcomers of the year last year, and pre-season, offensive, defensive and MVP players of the year according to TEXASHSFOOTBALL. Gonna be a good one! Recheck your gut becauese I think Stockton got rolled over by the Loboes, I think they may have broke the curse of losing while in Stockton we hope. And from the looks of it our DBs were fast enough to keep your State Proven Track Speed covered, although the running back I think his # was 45 was a hand full when he got the ball it took almost every body on the field to bring him down kid was big and strong. Good Luck for the rest of the season. Good Job Loboes!

Ranger Mom
10-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Recheck your gut becauese I think Stockton got rolled over by the Loboes, I think they may have broke the curse of losing while in Stockton we hope. And from the looks of it our DBs were fast enough to keep your State Proven Track Speed covered, although the running back I think his # was 45 was a hand full when he got the ball it took almost every body on the field to bring him down kid was big and strong. Good Luck for the rest of the season. Good Job Loboes!

I talked to him after the game...I think he was reasonably impressed with the Loboes! He said he never saw THIS coming!!

Funk-d-fied
10-30-2006, 09:18 AM
was a good game by the lobo coachign staff, I was impressed with the opening drive formations. #45 Salmon had to leave the game due to asthma problems. I expected more of a running attack from the loboes but coaches know what there doing. Our QB made atleast 5 bad passing decisions and threw into multiple coverages all night, he did not show up at all. Well it is certain monahans will be a small school playoff represenitive and Stockton is a 95% bet to make the D-1 rep. so good luck to the loboes in their playoff run and keep racking up the wins guys! Great game.