PDA

View Full Version : John Brantley

Old Tiger
10-19-2006, 10:59 AM
I can't wait till this kid gets to Texas and when it's his time to take over the reigns. He is going to be GOOD!

handNthedirt
10-19-2006, 11:01 AM
got any footage? what position does he play? where's he from?

Old Tiger
10-19-2006, 11:02 AM
QB and from Trinity Catholic, Ocala FL.

Has said he WANTS to redshirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxWA326Lk_8

BreckTxLonghorn
10-19-2006, 12:15 PM
This kid's a stud. But if we've learned anything from Ryan Perilloux (SP.?), its to not trust a verbal commit. When it gets in writing, you can relax. But I just don't see this guy going somewhere to only get 2 years of PT.

g$$
10-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Brantley is a stud, no doubt. Something has to give though. Colt has 3 years of eligibility left. Snead has 3 years too (talk is he may transfer to Florida). Harris has 4 years left & may change positions (currently redshirting).

Factor in John Chiles, arguably the best athlete in the state, & also Brantley (says he wants to redshirt), & you have 5 kids at the prime position of QB next year.

Brantley's dad has ties to Spurrier & Stoops. Says he is firmly committed to Texas. Competition brings out the best in people right? Should be some great battles.

I bet Brantley makes it to Austin, Snead transfers, & others change positions. Just a guess though of course.

Old Tiger
10-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Snead would get even less PT in Florida

g$$
10-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Florida is where Snead originally was committed, so he has ties there. Could he beat out Tebow? Probably not, but the jury is still out on Snead. This should have been a redshirt year anyway under normal circumstances. Snead is talented & lots of people have already given up on him. He & Stafford were the big 2 out of our state last year (& others like Potts, Ponder, McElroy, etc.)

Who's to say Meyer would not use 2 QBs again in the future? He's doing it now with a senior & freshman at certain times.

Maybe Snead goes to OU & sits out a year. They are desperate right now. He would have 3 years of eligibility left after sitting out next year. Got 5 to play 4 so who knows what he does. I think Snead leaves Austin.