PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones and Terrell Owens

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Seriously...could this guy have any more man love for TO??? I know it may not be as obvious to those outside of Dallas but it's really getting pathetic. He's going out of his way to protect TO and find somebody else to blame for anything that is reported about him. The only thing that JJ loves more is JerryWorld that's going up in Arlington. ;)

JasperDog94
10-19-2006, 08:58 AM
All I hear around here is that now the Texans are 1-1 against the Cowboys. (oftenly referred to as the cowgirls in the Houston area) I guess that's all they have to cheer about. What's going on with JJ and TO?

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
All I hear around here is that now the Texans are 1-1 against the Cowboys. (oftenly referred to as the cowgirls in the Houston area) I guess that's all they have to cheer about. What's going on with JJ and TO?

Let me go find some of the recent quibs that JJ has made. I just got fed up this morning with local talk show guys going on and on about him and his support for TO.

piratebg
10-19-2006, 09:01 AM
What the heck is Jerry's World???

Ranger Mom
10-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
What the heck is Jerry's World???

That was my next question too!!

injuredinmelee
10-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Jerry has to stick by his decision to sign TO. He has made ZERO good personell moves since becoming GM.

AggieJohn
10-19-2006, 09:02 AM
are their actual rides at jerryworld

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 09:03 AM
This is Jerry's World...aka the Cowboys new stadium being built in Arlington.

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/cowboys701.jpg

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/cow850.jpg

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/cowboys700.jpg

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
He has made ZERO good personell moves since becoming GM.
MIKE VANDERJAGT!!! :mad::mad::mad:

pirate4state
10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
What the heck is Jerry's World??? LOL!!! The new "stadium" being built in Arlington would be my guess. It is insane to think of all the stuff they tore down and bulldozed over to make room for "Jerry World". I know, I used to live there!

piratebg
10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Wow. That looks big. Does that place have a name yet? A real name besides jerryworld?

JasperDog94
10-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Wow. That looks big. Does that place have a name yet? A real name besides jerryworld? What do you mean "real name"?:confused: :confused: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Wow. That looks big. Does that place have a name yet? A real name besides jerryworld?
all i've seen are Dallas Cowboys Stadium or the complex that's going in around it was called Dallas Cowboys Park. I'm sure somebody will pay a few hundred mil for the naming rights.

injuredinmelee
10-19-2006, 09:19 AM
two words come to mind when thinking about Jerry Jones:
Quincy Carter

GreenMachine
10-19-2006, 09:31 AM
I know TO is not a team player, but he is a great receiver. He told Bledsoe to just throw it up and I'll go get it...which he did. He opens up the running game and just makes the offense very scary.

Bearkat
10-19-2006, 09:54 AM
two words come to mind when thinking about Jerry Jones:
Quincy Carter

SUPER BOWL!!!

injuredinmelee
10-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
SUPER BOWL!!!

that was when Jerry WAS NOT Gm. the last one under Switzer doesnt count since thoise were all players Jimmy had assembled.

handNthedirt
10-19-2006, 10:46 AM
football isn't a personality contest, it's about winning ballgames, which is what JJ and TO are all about. Any coach who has a hair on his ass wants skill players who want the rock in their hands. the best reciever in the league, TO, is about to go off, kid.

g$$
10-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Jerry Jones & TO are 2 peas in a pod. Both egomaniacs & jerks.

What has Jerry done since Jimmy left? Barry's SB win was with Jimmy's players & then the roof fell in on him. Jerry is a great businessman but not a football talent evaluator. Lots of bad personnel decisions & many coaches too.

I will never like him after the way he treated a legend & true gentleman, Tom Landry. Yes, Landry's time was up, but he handled it very poorly. PR nightmare.

Txbroadcaster
10-19-2006, 02:10 PM
that was when Jerry WAS NOT Gm. the last one under Switzer doesnt count since thoise were all players Jimmy had assembled.

Just remember two things..it was JERRY who wanted Charles Haley.It was JERRY who pulled the Walker trade..It was JIMMY who wanted another player the year they took Emmitt, but that player was already taken. It was JIMMY who did not think Aikman could be the franchise QB

BOTH should be given credit for the SBs..Neither one did it alone.

Txbroadcaster
10-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Jerry Jones & TO are 2 peas in a pod. Both egomaniacs & jerks.

What has Jerry done since Jimmy left? Barry's SB win was with Jimmy's players & then the roof fell in on him. Jerry is a great businessman but not a football talent evaluator. Lots of bad personnel decisions & many coaches too.

I will never like him after the way he treated a legend & true gentleman, Tom Landry. Yes, Landry's time was up, but he handled it very poorly. PR nightmare.

Yea he handled it soooo badly. He was man enough to FLY down to Austin and tell Landry face to face. I will still never figure out how that was a bad way to do it. He could have just called him, or announced it, but he took the PR hit and went and told Landry himself.

The one mistake Jones made was thinking him and Jimmy Johnson meeting at a resturant would not make news. That was a rookie mistake, but everything else he did with Landry was the correct way. Landry was NOT going to retire, he had to be fired and to be honest their is no good way to fire a legend. I cannot for the life of me understand why some till hold that agianst Jones.

g$$
10-19-2006, 02:28 PM
I agree there is no good way to fire a legend, & Jerry had every right to do as he wished with his team. But the press knew about it before Landry did. It was handled poorly from the start. Same with Tex Schramm. They deserved better.

On draft picks, how do you or I know what went on behind closed doors? Jimmy's record in Dallas on picks is far better than Jerry's. In Miami, Jimmy tried to do too much too quick & it did not work out for him. Just look at what Jerry has done since Jimmy left? How many playoff wins, Quincy Carter, Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, bad drafts, etc.? And why does he HAVE to be on the sidelines mugging for the cameras? EGO that's why.

Maybe they were better together than apart.

Jerry fancies himself as a coach - & he's not. Yes, he did play ball at Arkansas. He is a GREAT businessman. Stick to that. Parcells will get tired of it & leave too. Remember, Parcells did not want TO either. He won't even call him by name. I bet Parcells leaves after this year if they don't win it all, & they won't IMO. Great defense, ok offense with a statue at QB & a sub par O-line. Have fun in the NFC.

Txbroadcaster
10-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by g$$

On draft picks, how do you or I know what went on behind closed doors? Jimmy's record in Dallas on picks is far better than Jerry's. In Miami, Jimmy tried to do too much too quick & it did not work out for him. Just look at what Jerry has done since Jimmy left? How many playoff wins, Quincy Carter, Chan Gailey, Dave Campo, bad drafts, etc.? And why does he HAVE to be on the sidelines mugging for the cameras? EGO that's why.

On your first point about how do we know about the draft:

And as for the other Smith, one Emmitt J. III, he wasn't even a twinkle in Jimmy Johnson's eye heading into the draft. Jimmy wanted James Francis, the linebacker from Baylor, but couldn't trade up high enough from the 21st pick to get ahead of Cincinnati. Undaunted after the Bengals grabbed Francis, Johnson then tried to trade directly with Cincy to acquire Francis. And when that didn't work, Johnson tried to get up high enough to grab linebacker Lamar Lathon before Houston did at 15.

Only after that exhausting exercise did Emmitt Smith sound like a good idea to Johnson.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1&id=DDA7EA93-0DB7-367E-FAE45B5549E3DD03

Yes Jimmy had a great ability in finding talent..BUT he also had the luxury of drafting very high the first couple of years because of how bad the Boys were and the Vikes trade.

When Jerry Jones took a more hands on control the Cowboys were drafting in the lower half of first round meaning the pick of the litter gets smaller. Now I am not defending Jones and Lacewells picks, but I am just saying Johnson had a bigger pool to look at with a top 10 pick

Quincy was Jones pick..and Steve Walsh was Jimmy Johnson's pick.So both made what could be called a bad QB pick, at least for Johnson they had Aikman so it is forgotten.

IMO Jones's biggest draft mistake was not even a pick, it was the trade of two first rounders for Joey Galloway...BUT when that trade happend MANY national media pundits thought it was the deal that would give the Boys one more shot at a SB, so it is easy to say now geez that was stupid.

g$$
10-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Better together than apart it seems.

Lots of teams (20) passed on Emmitt Smith (& paid for it). I'll take Jimmy's eye for talent anyday over Jerry Jones.

Both Jimmy & Jerry have taken credit for fleecing the Vikes in the Walker trade. And it cannot be argued that Jerry is an egomaniac right? How many other owners are on the sidelines during the 2nd half of a game (unless at the end of a SB win)? He loves attention just like TO. They are a perfect match.

Txbroadcaster
10-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Better together than apart it seems.

Lots of teams (20) passed on Emmitt Smith (& paid for it). I'll take Jimmy's eye for talent anyday over Jerry Jones.

Both Jimmy & Jerry have taken credit for fleecing the Vikes in the Walker trade. And it cannot be argued that Jerry is an egomaniac right? How many other owners are on the sidelines during the 2nd half of a game (unless at the end of a SB win)? He loves attention just like TO. They are a perfect match.

I would say Jimmy Johnson was/is just as much of an egomaniac as Jones..Remember he left/was fired cause he got mad cause Jones was taking some credit.

Why is it when Tom Benson use to go down to the sidelines in the second half and dance around after a Saints win it was considered cute and funny..But Jones goes down and he is a jerk with an ego.

He does not go down because of his ego and wanting to be seen...he goes down because he wants to be one of the boys. He wants to slap the players on the back and yuck it up with them. Not because of an ego towars the media.

g$$
10-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I must say you are the only person I have ever known who defends Jerry Jones & his antics. More power to you.

Most powerful people have egos. Jimmy did not like the owner saying he could get anyone to coach the team, Barry Switzer included. That ended it for all practical purposes.

Jerry created the ESPN "war room" on draft day. He would even have the people in the room re-enact scenes for tv showing he was in charge. Ego? Pompous? Arrogant? I say yes.

The Saints are a whole different animal than America's team. Yes, they had a couple of decent years under Mora, but Benson's act was seen as funny & cute because they are the Saints. He's doing it again now with his umbrella & dancing around.

Why does Jerry feel the need to be one of the boys? Is he reliving his youth thru his team? I find it sad & pathetic, but it his team no doubt. Did Clint Murchison or Bum Bright ever go onto the field during the Cowboys hey day?

He wants to be seen & be quoted. Just like TO. Perfect match. TO is a time bomb waiting to explode & implode the team like he has done twice before in Philly & San Fran. Great player & bigger jerk IMO.