PDA

View Full Version : Not for the weak hearted

Gsquared
10-19-2006, 07:45 AM
A hamburger from Zentner's Daughter

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1605/dscn1395oy0.jpg

handNthedirt
10-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Isnt's that place in Abilene, or at least one of them?

Gsquared
10-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
San Angelo

olddawggreen
10-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
A hamburger from Zentner's Daughter

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/1605/dscn1395oy0.jpg

Man when I get to Zentners, I'm going for the platter of steaks!:)

injuredinmelee
10-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Zentners closed down several years ago in Abilene and it is now Enriques which is also owned by the folks that own Henrys in San Angelo

GreenMonster
10-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen

Amen to that ODG. Sorry G2, I'm not paying $12 bucks for a burger and fries when I can pay $18 for what used to be (I haven't been in over 10 years) a pretty dang good steak.

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 08:48 AM
mmm...I miss Zentner's in Abilene! :(

injuredinmelee
10-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Amen to that ODG. Sorry G2, I'm not paying $12 bucks for a burger and fries when I can pay $18 for what used to be (I haven't been in over 10 years) a pretty dang good steak.
what was the steak house out on the road to Holliday from WF? When i drove by earlier this season it looked closed down.

GreenMonster
10-19-2006, 08:56 AM
McBride's maybe??? I was by there last Saturday and it looked closed too. I haven't heard. If it's closed then that's fine by me. They tried to charge $20 bucks for a $4 steak. Seriously, I could get a better cut of meat at the grocery store. If you are in the area and looking for a good steak try the Wildcatter Steakhouse outside of Graham. You can look it up on the internet to find driving directions.

Gsquared
10-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Thats right, KC Stips for two!!!! I like Lowake too

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
If you are in the area and looking for a good steak try the Wildcatter Steakhouse outside of Graham. You can look it up on the internet to find driving directions.

The Wildcatter is pretty dang good. Kinda pricey...but I've never had a bad meal there. There tortilla soup is also VERY underrated. It's the one thing I have to get when I go there. There is another place outside of Graham called "The Backside" (yes...funny name I know! ;)) that, while not the cleanest place in the world, they make a good (and affordable) filet and a mean chicken fry...and I don't even really like chicken fry.

All that aside...I really wouldn't mind some beefsteak from Underwood's today. I haven't been there in a few years...yummy! :)

handNthedirt
10-19-2006, 10:36 AM
If youre looking for some good eats in the wichita tri-county area, hit up the burrito shop on 9th st. (I think). When I was going to school there, the beef combo was the staple food of my diet....and we'd eat Zetner's for our pre game meal when we played ACU....those were the days.

ps. Freebirds ain't got nuttin on the 'shop'!!!!