PDA

View Full Version : I have a COMPLAINT on the LH football players.

Pages : [1] 2

BHSSenior2006
11-08-2003, 09:14 PM
While the band was out there finishing their show...Liberty Hill football players were behind us throwing footballs. What if they were to hit the band. There was still 3 minutes left of halftime..COULDN'T YALL WAIT to let the finish their show..We thought that was really rude, and i know that i am not the ONLY person to think so. I have had many people say to me that was really RUDE of them to do that.

BHSSenior2006
11-08-2003, 09:22 PM
May i also add that it was the 8th graders on the field with the high school band having their turn in the spot light. People stopped watching how wonderful the 8th grade band was to the DISRESPECT football players. Im sorry to say but i really am disappointed those guys did that. What if yall were the ones in the 8th grade band and had football players behind yall doing that? Yall wouldn't be to happy either.

Burnet Dawg06
11-08-2003, 09:25 PM
I noticed that too...

jason
11-08-2003, 09:26 PM
they reserve the right to come out and warm up...its a football game, not a concert...

lepfan
11-08-2003, 09:30 PM
jason:
they reserve the right to come out and warm up...its a football game, not a concert...I don't see it as disrespect, like jason said it is a football game not a concert, no disrespect to the band...but, this goes on all the time, I have never looked at it as you have...get over it because it will happen again, and again, .....

Texan007
11-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Well.... It is a football game.

I have seen your band and thought it was the best band show all year.

I am sure the LH players meant no disrespect to your band. But it was cold and they needed to warm up to get ready to play the second half for a district championship. Don't take it so personal.

olddawggreen
11-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Burnetdawg06, while it was pretty unusual for them to do that, I think you have to understand that they had a whole lot more on their minds than half time shows, if you noticed their cheer leaders were standing on the end of the field with their big sign for the team to run through. The team finished warming up and went straight to their side line and didnt make a big entrance by running through the sign. Their cheerleaders dropped the sign and ran on over to their side when they realized what was happening. I don't think any of this had anything to do with LH being rude to the Burnet band, I think they knew by the half that they had very little chance of winning the game. It has to be hard for a team to be undefeated all season to realize early in a game that they were up against a team that they really might not be able to beat. I just hope we don't have the same experiance this year. I am proud of the LH team for keeping a hard fight up till the end. They are definately a team for their community to be proud.

3afan
11-08-2003, 09:59 PM
olddawggreen:
Burnetdawg06, while it was pretty unusual for them to do that, I think you have to understand that they had a whole lot more on their minds than half time shows, if you noticed their cheer leaders were standing on the end of the field with their big sign for the team to run through. The team finished warming up and went straight to their side line and didnt make a big entrance by running through the sign. Their cheerleaders dropped the sign and ran on over to their side when they realized what was happening. I don't think any of this had anything to do with LH being rude to the Burnet band, I think they knew by the half that they had very little chance of winning the game. It has to be hard for a team to be undefeated all season to realize early in a game that they were up against a team that they really might not be able to beat. I just hope we don't have the same experiance this year. I am proud of the LH team for keeping a hard fight up till the end. They are definately a team for their community to be proud.... a voice of reason ...

weatherag07
11-08-2003, 10:00 PM
olddawggreen:
Burnetdawg06, while it was pretty unusual for them to do that, I think you have to understand that they had a whole lot more on their minds than half time shows, if you noticed their cheer leaders were standing on the end of the field with their big sign for the team to run through. The team finished warming up and went straight to their side line and didnt make a big entrance by running through the sign. Their cheerleaders dropped the sign and ran on over to their side when they realized what was happening. I don't think any of this had anything to do with LH being rude to the Burnet band, I think they knew by the half that they had very little chance of winning the game. It has to be hard for a team to be undefeated all season to realize early in a game that they were up against a team that they really might not be able to beat. I just hope we don't have the same experiance this year. I am proud of the LH team for keeping a hard fight up till the end. They are definately a team for their community to be proud.Amen to that! They did play a great and exciting game, and I personally think they were a good test for our defense, especially with the dawgs getting ready for playoffs. I hope Liberty Hill does extremely will in division 2. I'll be rooting them on!!

GO BIG GREEN!

3afan2K3
11-08-2003, 10:21 PM
BHSSenior2006:
May i also add that it was the 8th graders on the field with the high school band having their turn in the spot light. People stopped watching how wonderful the 8th grade band was to the DISRESPECT football players. Im sorry to say but i really am disappointed those guys did that. What if yall were the ones in the 8th grade band and had football players behind yall doing that? Yall wouldn't be to happy either.That doesnt make any sense at all

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-08-2003, 10:43 PM
if the LH coaches wanted to warm up the lights are on @ the practce field just outside the locker room,..........er...uh...right beside the stadium

3afan2K3
11-08-2003, 10:46 PM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
if the LH coaches wanted to warm up the lights are on @ the practce field just outside the locker room,..........er...uh...right beside the stadiumLike jason said earlier its a Football game not a concert.

lepfan
11-08-2003, 10:48 PM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
if the LH coaches wanted to warm up the lights are on @ the practce field just outside the locker room,..........er...uh...right beside the stadiumWhy should they have to go over there...at least they were on the field ready to play when the half was over...get these whiners some cheese...GET OVER IT...you all(most) seem to always have something to complain about if things are not just perfect and laid out for you

jason
11-08-2003, 10:50 PM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
if the LH coaches wanted to warm up the lights are on @ the practce field just outside the locker room,..........er...uh...right beside the stadiumur kidding right? if they had done that, ya'll would have complained about them using your practice field and killing the grass...the football teams have top priority over everything, including the band....

BHSSenior2006
11-08-2003, 11:48 PM
Half time is designated for the school to have 25 minutes to do something, not to be interrupted by the football players tossing the ball around. You realize that burnet football players weren't on the field, maybe its b/c they have a little more respect for the band than liberty hill does.

3afan2K3
11-08-2003, 11:52 PM
BHSSenior2006:
Half time is designated for the school to have 25 minutes to do something, not to be interrupted by the football players tossing the ball around. You realize that burnet football players weren't on the field, maybe its b/c they have a little more respect for the band than liberty hill does.No they do it to give the players a break and give the fans time to get something to eat and go to the bathroom.

jason
11-08-2003, 11:55 PM
BHSSenior2006:
Half time is designated for the school to have 25 minutes to do something, not to be interrupted by the football players tossing the ball around. You realize that burnet football players weren't on the field, maybe its b/c they have a little more respect for the band than liberty hill does.it is not designated for the school to do something, its a rest time for the players and it just happens to be filled with band stuff....i would personally like to see it called a designated 'silence' period...having to listen to the band ramble on during the game is bad enough...lol, it'd be like a half time/break time from the band for the fans...

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

3afan2K3
11-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Does it also bother you the fans talk during you show???? Are you gonna complain about us to?????

jason
11-08-2003, 11:57 PM
3afan2K3:
Does it also bother you the fans talk during you show???? Are you gonna complain about us to?????everybody should be required to sit perfectly still and stare directly at the football field and not move or say a word until there is 00:00 on the half time clock...lol...

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-08-2003, 11:59 PM
why do you want to fuss lepfan? i just said that option was there,the halftime was not yet over. the band was still on the field.it just didnt seem right had they waited the boys could have ran thru their sign while the band exits the field .

Bandera YaYa
11-09-2003, 12:02 AM
I have to admit, and I was IN the band in High School...but I don't watch the band's show...I hated the ugly uniforms and those early morning practices....the only thing I liked were the bus trips...we had a blast! No disrespect, but I think the only fans that really get into the half time show, are the parents of the band members.
And, so they should. :D Me..I head to the munchie stand and get in some good
"gobbling". :D

jason
11-09-2003, 12:02 AM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
why do you want to fuss lepfan? i just said that option was there,the halftime was not yet over. the band was still on the field.it just didnt seem right had they waited the boys could have ran thru their sign while the band exits the field .dont you get it...the players could care less about the band performing at half time, the only people that do care are the parents of the kids in the band, and thats cause they sorta have to...if the teams want to go out early and warm up if it was cold outside then i think half time performances should end early to accomodate them, and the teams certainly should not be forced to wait on the band to finish...the football team has priority over EVERYTHING on the field...

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

BHSSenior2006
11-09-2003, 12:03 AM
You know bigdogsbulldogmom you are the only one that sees my point, i guess it b/c you knew someone on the field like i did.

How would yall feel if that was yall on the field and someone did that to yall? You know maybe you should put yourself in those kids shoes.

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 12:04 AM
I hate it when bands play music people have never heard of

jason
11-09-2003, 12:06 AM
top priorities at high school football games...

1. The teams and game itself
2. Perfect Weather
3. Good Food at the Concession Stand
4. Easy access parking
10. The band's half time performance

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 12:07 AM
BHSSenior2006:
You know bigdogsbulldogmom you are the only one that sees my point, i guess it b/c you knew someone on the field like i did.

How would yall feel if that was yall on the field and someone did that to yall? You know maybe you should put yourself in those kids shoes.It has happened before. The band ran out on the field before the game was over and the guy playing the tuba got ran over by the RB.

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-09-2003, 12:09 AM
i think that the senior band members deserve every last minute that they have coming, after all this was a home game and their last performance on their field.

jason
11-09-2003, 12:10 AM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
i think that the senior band members deserve every last minute that they have coming, after all this was a home game and their last performance on their field.they'll get over it

jason
3afan2K3:

BHSSenior2006:

How would yall feel if that was yall on the field and someone did that to yall? You know maybe you should put yourself in those kids shoes.It has happened before. The band ran out on the field before the game was over and the guy playing the tuba got ran over by the RB.lol

3afan2K3
I hope burnet doesnt ever have to play Dallas Pinkston then BHSSenior2006 would be REALLY mad

BHSSenior2006
11-09-2003, 12:13 AM
WHY would i be mad?

I never said i was MAD. I was just disappointed they did that. Like bigdogsbulldogmom said, it was the SENIORS last night to play a home game a real game, and it was the 8th graders first time to ever do something like that. Its a big deal to those people, why cant people be alittle more respectful to those people? How would they have liked it if they were in the middle of a game and started running around like a freaking crazy person? i dont think they would have been to happy with me interrupting their IMPORTANT moment.

jason
11-09-2003, 12:15 AM
BHSSenior2006:
WHY would i be mad?

I never said i was MAD. I was just disappointed they did that. Like bigdogsbulldogmom said, it was the SENIORS last night to play a home game a real game, and it was the 8th graders first time to ever do something like that. Its a big deal to those people, why cant people be alittle more respectful to those people? How would they have liked it if they were in the middle of a game and started running around like a freaking crazy person? i dont think they would have been to happy with me interrupting their IMPORTANT moment.first of all...8th graders have no business bein on the field at a varsity game, they'll get their time

SECOND...People would be mad if somebody interrupted the game because thats what the people are there to see..NOT SOME LOUSY BAND PERFORMANCE....

20dawgz05
11-09-2003, 12:17 AM
well im in the band and it really didnt bother me that much our show wasnt like a big deal at the game it was put together realt fast......football team is the main priority at the game not the band we are prolly like #5 on the list..the f-ball team has the right to warm up b4 3rd starts!!!!

BHSSenior2006
11-09-2003, 12:18 AM
WHAT about the parents that go to see their children. The 8th graders were on the field with the highschool band doing something that is a tradition. Maybe other schools have traditions, but that is like a tradition here at BHS. They play god bless the usa and the fight song.

3afan2K3
BHSSenior2006:
WHY would i be mad?

I never said i was MAD. I was just disappointed they did that. Like bigdogsbulldogmom said, it was the SENIORS last night to play a home game a real game, and it was the 8th graders first time to ever do something like that. Its a big deal to those people, why cant people be alittle more respectful to those people? How would they have liked it if they were in the middle of a game and started running around like a freaking crazy person? i dont think they would have been to happy with me interrupting their IMPORTANT moment.actually that would be really funny!!! Why was the 8th grade out their???? A regular half time show is bad enough

bigdogsbulldogmom
no,....... YOU dont understand ,...our field our band our kids,...dont talk down to me BOY! :mad:

jason
11-09-2003, 12:22 AM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
no,....... YOU dont understand ,...our field our band our kids,...dont talk down to me BOY! :mad: not your field...its the players field, the band just borrows it to kill half an hour...

BHSSenior2006
11-09-2003, 12:23 AM
WOW you go bigdogsbulldogmom!!!

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 12:23 AM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
no,....... YOU dont understand ,...our field our band our kids,...dont talk down to me BOY! :mad: I'm 5'8'', how tall are you??

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-09-2003, 12:25 AM
a 55 gallon drum wouldnt be enough roy mercer

20dawgz05
11-09-2003, 12:27 AM
ok the 5 ingrediants of a football game:
1. the team
2. the band
3. cheerleaders
4. nachos
5. the fans
in no order......i dont think u should talk bad about the band its just a thing thats with h/s football deal with it if u dont like it go to b-room during 1/2 time!!!!

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 12:27 AM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
a 55 gallon drum wouldnt be enough roy mercer*crickets cherping*.......I dont get it

Bandera YaYa
11-09-2003, 12:28 AM
Round One!! :D

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 12:31 AM
Bandera YaYa:
Round One!! :D I guess you the lovely lady carrying the sign across the ring

BHSSenior2006
11-09-2003, 12:33 AM
LOL I mean, those parents are there to watch their kids, not to watch football players throw the football behind them on the field. You know i guess you should be in the parents shoes or in the peoples shoes who have a family member down there on the field during that time.

you know the crazy person running around the field would actually be really funny to see!

LOL

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 12:35 AM
BHSSenior2006:
LOL I mean, those parents are there to watch their kids, not to watch football players throw the football behind them on the field. You know i guess you should be in the parents shoes or in the peoples shoes who have a family member down there on the field during that time.

you know the crazy person running around the field would actually be really funny to see!

LOLIf they get distracted that easily then they must not really care about watching the band

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-09-2003, 12:35 AM
as a parent of 2 and a taxpayer i believe it is for both,otherwise they wouldnt suit up and perform . maybe you guys dont appreciate the time and effort put forth by these young students,you probably dont have children so i dont expect that you do understand. agree to disagree.nuff said

lepfan
11-09-2003, 12:36 AM
whine, whine, whine....this is gonna take a big block of cheese FOOTBALL GAME!!!! NOT UIL CONTEST!!! y'all are starting to sound worse than Pre-K kiddos..."our field, our band, our kids" if you are that upset take it up with the proper authorities...I am sure you would be laughed out of YOUR town!!!

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 12:36 AM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
as a parent of 2 and a taxpayer i believe it is for both,otherwise they wouldnt suit up and perform . maybe you guys dont appreciate the time and effort put forth by these young students,you probably dont have children so i dont expect that you do understand. agree to disagree.nuff saidwhat is for both???

20dawgz05
11-09-2003, 12:37 AM
*STAND UP CLAPPING* that was the cutest thing ever 'nuff said sounds like my mom!!!

Bandera YaYa
11-09-2003, 12:39 AM
Round Two!

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-09-2003, 12:39 AM
hey,.........et yaya at the bandera game ,he says she would look good doin that.

lepfan
11-09-2003, 12:40 AM
does it not bother anyone when the band walks around to the sidelines behind the team to get ready for half time....hmmmm, I think they should maybe wait until the buzzer goes off before they get out of the stands to go to the field...I think that may be distracting to the team,,,and what if one of those tuba players were to trip and hit one of the football players...well, I really think that would be a shame...not to mention if one of those drumsticks were to accidently fly out of the hands of one of the drummers why that could put a eye out on one of the coaches, players, officials, chain gang, etc....what should we do about that????

20dawgz05
11-09-2003, 12:42 AM
i agree we work hard and we do all that crap (the band) but we have our time to shine at UIL CONTEST...the football players work more than we do and they have their time to shine on friday or saterday nights....i dont like bein disrespected but i dont think throwing a football is bein disrespectfull ecspecialy since it was behind us!!!......if they were like streeking down the 50 and like throwing stuff AT US then yes i would have to jump the side line but its not a big deal!!!

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-09-2003, 12:43 AM
get tougher footballers if a tuba could take them out.........hehehe

BHSSenior2006
11-09-2003, 12:47 AM
you go bulldogmom!! that would be funny though for a player being taken out by a tuba player!
sorry i think its funny!

BHSSenior2006
11-09-2003, 12:47 AM
you go bulldogmom!! that would be funny though for a player being taken out by a tuba player!
sorry i think its funny!

lepfan
11-09-2003, 12:48 AM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
get tougher footballers if a tuba could take them out.........heheheSo, just ignore the band on the sidelines before the 2nd quarter is over...I see there seems to be a double standard here. (never said the tripped up tuba player would "take out the player" but, you know how big those tubas are and it takes a "big 'ol boy" (as roy d. mercer would say) to tote one of those around. FUNNY, no what would have been funny would have been a stray football flying on field hitting the twirler or flute player....LOL...I just love double standards that some have... :mad:

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

20dawgz05
11-09-2003, 12:49 AM
ive been hit in the head with a tuba it hurts.... those things are solid lol!!!

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-09-2003, 12:52 AM
lepfan,im not upset about the scenario,your arrogance is what irritates

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 12:56 AM
Why the flutes? what did they do wrong? LOL

HEY.....i want to see a crazy person run around during the game! LOL it would be funny!!!

lepfan
11-09-2003, 12:58 AM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
lepfan,im not upset about the scenario,your arrogance is what irritatesthat is the second time today I have been called arrogant...I guess I need to look into that...I just don't see how what you are all describing would upset anyone....sorry, just my thoughts and opinions...I am trying to get you to see the flip side of this...but you just seem to be ignoring it...I apologize for the apparent arrogance and upseting you...again not my intentions...I will work on that

lepfan
11-09-2003, 12:59 AM
b-townhottie06:
Why the flutes? what did they do wrong? LOL

HEY.....i want to see a crazy person run around during the game! LOL it would be funny!!!I just pulled it out of the air...they are usually the daintiest of the band...no disrespect intended.

lepfan
11-09-2003, 01:01 AM
I have added a disclaimer for future posts. :D

20dawgz05
11-09-2003, 01:03 AM
well from what i learned in American Pie... flutes dont attract balls so dont worry sarah.. hahah!!!!!

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 01:03 AM
AHH...i know..im just messing with you! :)

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 01:05 AM
HEY HEY HEY...no need for that one! LOL

20dawgz05
11-09-2003, 01:07 AM
LOL....it had to be said im sorry!!!... I HATE DOUBLE STANDARDS LOL THAT WAS LATE!!

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-09-2003, 01:07 AM
i too,apologize' maybe you just had to be there to get what she and i were trying to say......... no sarcasm intended

BHSSenior2006
11-09-2003, 01:12 AM
I apoliogze to, like bigdogsbulldogmom, yall
just had to be there to see what we see. Maybe if yall were related to one of those band members yall would see our point, i was ther watching my little brother who for the first time got to do something like that!

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-09-2003, 01:14 AM
come to think of it ,... a trombone could clothesline a wr running down the sidelines at an inopportune moment.............hmmmm

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 01:21 AM
THAT WOULD BE SO DANG FUNNY TO SEE THOUGH!!!

bulldogvet85
11-09-2003, 05:17 AM
ok to be honest nothing against burnet but i was so cold and i was looking for something to laugh about that I wanted someone to hit a band memeber so i could have something to laugh about and not worry about the cold. but on a serious note hey Lh had some adjustments to make and they needed to get warmed up before the second half started. It wasnt really rude in my opinion, i'm sorry if you felt like it was wrong but they had a game they needed to win and they needed to get some stuff done before the second half started. Like jason said it wasnt a concert it was a football game they had to be ready.

olddog73
11-09-2003, 06:51 AM
I HOPE WHEN YOU ALL WAKE UP IN THE MORNING YOU ALL DECIDE TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE AND JUST DROP THIS. AS A BURNET FOOTBALL FAN I THINK THIS BECAME A PRETTY EMBARESSING SUBJECT. LH WAS NOT BEING RUDE, THEY WERE TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS UNDER EXTREEM PRESSURE. NO MORE WHINNING ABOUT THE BAND, PLEASEEEE! IF YOU WANT TO "PUT YOUR SELF IN SOME ONES SHOES" PUT YOURSELF IN THE SHOES OF THOSE LH FOOTBALL PLAYERS AND COACHES WHO WHERE ABOUT TO SEE THEIR PERFECT SEASON COME TO AN END. AND SINCE WERE BEING SO SENSITIVE PUT YOURSELF IN THE SHOES OF THEIR PARENTS! THEY WERE TRYING TO DO ANYTHING THEY COULD DO TO GET AN EDGE. NUFF SAID :mad: :mad:

3afan
11-09-2003, 07:01 AM
i just got up and read thru this thread - pretty funny stuff all in all. its so obvious the "band booster" side is very passionate about their side, and the "band basher" (just for a term that sounded right for this post) side is just trying to ruffle feathers. sounds like they did - pretty funny.

now, for my opinion you've all been waiting for .....
uh, I dont think so - I'd better spend my time working on the Forney/WP "Game Day" for the program!

:D

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

jason
11-09-2003, 09:29 AM
3afan:
i just got up and read thru this thread - pretty funny stuff all in all. its so obvious the "band booster" side is very passionate about their side, and the "band basher" (just for a term that sounded right for this post) side is just trying to ruffle feathers. sounds like they did - pretty funny.

uh, I dont think so - I'd better spend my time working on the Forney/WP "Game Day" for the program!

:D aww...u too scared to give an opinion old man??? :D :D

3afan
11-09-2003, 09:36 AM
well, all i'll say is that the teamS have a right to come out and warm up before the second half - in fact, as a TASO official myself i'd expect them to be READY TO PLAY when halftime was over. READY TO PLAY.

so there, interpret that how you like ...

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

jason
11-09-2003, 09:37 AM
3afan:
well, all i'll say is that the teamS have a right to come out and warm up before the second half - in fact, as a TASO official myself i'd expect them to be READY TO PLAY when halftime was over. READY TO PLAY.

so there ...:D :D :D

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

BullFrog Dad
11-09-2003, 10:26 AM
I like the game and the halftime show. Kinda' like bacon and eggs. But I want to take this opportunity to wish all kids 1A to 5A good luck at Saturday's State Cross Country "Our Sport is Your Sport's Punishment" Meet!!!!

BHS#1
11-09-2003, 10:38 AM
In the words of a band member I know "Gees Louise". I was watching the half time show I didn't even notice the LH players coming on to the field. Did anyone get hit by a football or knocked over? All I saw was the kids on the field playing there best seniors and 8th grade included. I bet if you took a poll of all the people there know one noticed really? Besides I would like to get creamed by a cute football player.

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2003, 01:49 PM
olddog73:
I HOPE WHEN YOU ALL WAKE UP IN THE MORNING YOU ALL DECIDE TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE AND JUST DROP THIS. AS A BURNET FOOTBALL FAN I THINK THIS BECAME A PRETTY EMBARESSING SUBJECT. LH WAS NOT BEING RUDE, THEY WERE TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS UNDER EXTREEM PRESSURE. NO MORE WHINNING ABOUT THE BAND, PLEASEEEE! IF YOU WANT TO "PUT YOUR SELF IN SOME ONES SHOES" PUT YOURSELF IN THE SHOES OF THOSE LH FOOTBALL PLAYERS AND COACHES WHO WHERE ABOUT TO SEE THEIR PERFECT SEASON COME TO AN END. AND SINCE WERE BEING SO SENSITIVE PUT YOURSELF IN THE SHOES OF THEIR PARENTS! THEY WERE TRYING TO DO ANYTHING THEY COULD DO TO GET AN EDGE. NUFF SAID :mad: :mad:
BHS#1:
In the words of a band member I know "Gees Louise". I was watching the half time show I didn't even notice the LH players coming on to the field. Did anyone get hit by a football or knocked over? All I saw was the kids on the field playing there best seniors and 8th grade included. I bet if you took a poll of all the people there know one noticed really? Besides I would like to get creamed by a cute football player.Thanks to both of you for understanding. There was absolutely no disrespect meant toward the Burnet band - the discrespect would have come IF our players had run through the cheerleaders sign & caused our fans to stand up and cheer in the middle of the band's performance. The halftime talk with the coach was over; it was cold; we were behind (quite a bit if you remember the score at half); and our players ALWAYS warm up the last minute or so before halftime is over, including at home. I have not heard LH band members or band parents complain about the football players being on the football field. I support all bands and watch the halftime shows, except when I help in the concession stand, even though my children choose football over band. Band members/parents, please do not take our players warming up as disrespect; they certainly had other things on their minds, like how to get back into the ballgame and not allow your team to mop the field with them.

lepfan
11-09-2003, 03:54 PM
3afan--you pegged me ... hehehe :D :rolleyes:

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 04:51 PM
LIBERT HILL DID NOT SUCK!!!

I CHANGED HIS POST!!!!!!!

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: b-townhottie06 ]</small>

jason
11-09-2003, 04:51 PM
lepfan:
3afan--you pegged me ... hehehe :D :rolleyes: whose side did you think he would take? yours or his 'little' boys'.... :D

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 04:55 PM
DONT SHUT UP JASON!!!

I CHANGED THIS ONE TO!!

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: b-townhottie06 ]</small>

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 05:01 PM
b-townhottie06:
JAON SHUT UP!!!!!!!!ya jaon quit talking about burent

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 05:26 PM
<small>[ November 09, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 05:28 PM
<small>[ November 09, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 05:35 PM
TO THOSE OF YOU WHO SAW THE YOU SUCK MESSAGE:

that was NOT me, i swear to each and every single one of yall. That was my little brother, i didn't sign out and he says my mother told him to use my name, PLEASE dont be mad at me. The LH band did NOT suck at all...Please believe me, if you have and comments about that please private message me and i will try to clear that up..

im sorry that my brother said that.

3afan
11-09-2003, 05:35 PM
can't believe this topic has gone 4 pages ....

CTownHardHitter07
11-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Band people.....lets not cry about this now.....or whoever started this topic....it is a football game...band is their for entertainment purposes.....i think the football guys have the right to warm up so they will be ready to play..dont have a cow....i mean i would rather my team be stretched and warm and ready to play....but we wouldnt wanna hurt any feelings now...haha
j/k

LH Panther Mom
11-09-2003, 05:44 PM
b-townhottie06:

that was NOT me, i swear to each and every single one of yall. That was my little brother, i didn't sign out and he says my mother told him to use my name, PLEASE dont be mad at me. The LH band did NOT suck at all...Please believe me, if you have and comments about that please private message me and i will try to clear that up..

im sorry that my brother said that.That explains it then...little brothers can be sooo annoying at times. I have two of them. :)

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 05:47 PM
PLEASE DONT BE MAD AT ME FOR HIS POST..IM CHANGING PASSWORD RIGHT NOW :) I GOT SMART!! LOL

YES little brothers are a pain, they always go through siblings stuff, and think its alright.

LIBERTY HILL BAND DID NOT SUCK. YALL WERE VERY GOOD AND YOUR TEAM DID NOT SUCK, YALL ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO SCORED MORE THAN 20 POINTS ON US.

jason
11-09-2003, 05:49 PM
b-townhottie06:

im sorry that my brother said that.why dont u just edit it

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 05:53 PM
i dont know how to edit it..im not that SMART when it comes to computer stuff, if you would PLEASE show me how so next time he tries to do this i will be able to FIX it!!!!

THANK YOU!

jason
11-09-2003, 05:55 PM
b-townhottie06:
i dont know how to edit it..im not that SMART when it comes to computer stuff, if you would PLEASE show me how so next time he tries to do this i will be able to FIX it!!!!

THANK YOU!hit the edit button...3rd icon from the left at the top of each post...

turbostud
11-09-2003, 05:56 PM
just click on the tiny little pencil and paper inside the post.

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 05:57 PM
WHAT WILL IT DO?

jason
11-09-2003, 05:58 PM
bring ur post up so u can edit it...try it, its not gonna jump out and bite you...

3afan2K3
11-09-2003, 06:03 PM
jason:
bring ur post up so u can edit it...try it, its not gonna jump out and bite you...http://bbs.3adownlow.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=faq

b-townhottie06
11-09-2003, 06:11 PM
THANK YOU I FIXED THEM!!!

going now..BYE..thank you all for understanding that was not me!!!

LHMom
11-09-2003, 09:04 PM
Bandera YaYa:
I have to admit, and I was IN the band in High School...but I don't watch the band's show...I hated the ugly uniforms and those early morning practices....the only thing I liked were the bus trips...we had a blast! No disrespect, but I think the only fans that really get into the half time show, are the parents of the band members.
And, so they should. :D Me..I head to the munchie stand and get in some good
"gobbling". :D Like Bandera Ya-Ya, I was in the band, but I can recognize that although the band adds a great deal to the atmosphere, the "event" is the football game.

The team members, where-ever they are from need to do what they feel is necessary to compete. I am certain no disrespect was intended.

20dawgz05
11-09-2003, 09:22 PM
the football team and the band are like this.... like bobby and peter brady. like snis and fondu, like beavis and butt head, like dumb and dumber, like bill clinton and monica lewinski, like bacon and eggs, like two peas in a pod, like pop corn and cokes, like opy and his dad, like the olsen twins and R-Kelly, like peanut butter and jelly, and ham and cheese.

sinton 1316
11-09-2003, 09:58 PM
20dawgz05:
the football team and the band are like this...the olsen twins and R-Kellylmao
i could see it being a problem if the football players were disturbing the band by running routes through the trumpet section...but that didnt happen
get over it
the band gets their own individual competitions
the football players have to share their competitions with the band...and the band doesnt even compete...essentially they are dress-rehearsing for their next competition
at a FOOTBALL game, FOOTBALL is important, not the band practicing

jason
11-09-2003, 10:28 PM
sinton 1316:

20dawgz05:
the football team and the band are like this...the olsen twins and R-Kellylmao
i could see it being a problem if the football players were disturbing the band by running routes through the trumpet section...but that didnt happen
get over it
the band gets their own individual competitions
the football players have to share their competitions with the band...and the band doesnt even compete...essentially they are dress-rehearsing for their next competition
at a FOOTBALL game, FOOTBALL is important, not the band practicinglol...thats the best ive heard it put yet...

20dawgz05
11-09-2003, 10:31 PM
dayum this is a long ace topic those bois throwing the football are like famous!!!!!

Ranger Mom
11-09-2003, 11:35 PM
I CANNOT believe this topic went 5 pages!!

After reading each and every post my thought is the same as the majority on here. It is a FOOTBALL game. I like the bands playing at half-time, but they are NOT what I paid 5 buck to go see!!

jason
11-09-2003, 11:38 PM
it has gotten out of hand...maybe it will rival the longest thread ever...

Ranger Mom
11-09-2003, 11:40 PM
Lordy....I hope not!!! :rolleyes:

jason
11-09-2003, 11:48 PM
ya never know....bout 8 pages to go though...

lepfan
11-09-2003, 11:54 PM
Hey, I shut my mouth a long time ago...Lord knows I have plenty more to say (always do) if I chose to...but then I don't want to appear any more arrogant than I already have :D

Ranger Mom
11-09-2003, 11:58 PM
lepfan:
Hey, I shut my mouth a long time ago...Lord knows I have plenty more to say (always do) if I chose to...but then I don't want to appear any more arrogant than I already have :D Lepfan....I don't think you are arrogant in the least.....and I am a VERY good judge of character!! :D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2003, 12:16 AM
Ranger Mom:

lepfan:
Hey, I shut my mouth a long time ago...Lord knows I have plenty more to say (always do) if I chose to...but then I don't want to appear any more arrogant than I already have :D Lepfan....I don't think you are arrogant in the least.....and I am a VERY good judge of character!! :D :D :D JMHO, but ditto, BTW. wink

BurnetBandRules
11-10-2003, 12:36 AM
You know, I can understand how people would pay $5 to see the team play. You say that you didn't come to see the band, so why did you watch them? There were definately PLENTY of concessions at the Burnet game, no one MADE you stay and watch. But, you know, it is just sheer respect. You people say that you came to see foorball, not band, so in essence you are saying that you came to watch the Liberty Hill Foot Ball playeres WARM UP during our performance? If so, I don't understand why you even show for something like that. The band/football relationship in Burnet is one like hardly any others I have seen. The coeaches and team members come and ask the director if he will play a certain song DURING the game. You know, if people have such a problem with the band and others being offended by the opposing teams warm up timing, then why don't you don't you mention MORE OFTEN about when teams come into the stdium and jump in the middle of the field? This was a post that should have never been started. People have said that the band is only there for practice for the next week, well, doesn't the same go for the football team? I know it does for ours! There are 25 min. designated for half-time festivities that include the concession stand AND the band. It is your choice of which one you would like to do more. If you notice our stands, they stay pretty full throughout. Some people say that the football guys dont care about the Band anyways...well, if that is so, why do ours collect up in FRONT of the band at the end of every game. They expect us to bring the band just like we expect them to bring the team. It is mutual. Think about it.

weatherag07
11-10-2003, 12:48 AM
Why does this post have over 100 replies?? Geez...they weren't being disrespectful. There wouldn't be a game if it wasn't for football. They needed to warm up. It was cold, and they realized their record was in trouble. They have every right to get on that field and warm up. They weren't interfering with the show. Heck, I didn't even notice they were even on the feild til a friend pointed it out.

Okay...good night!

BTW-I fully support the band and everything, BUT IT IS NOT A BID DEAL! GET OVER IT AND FOCUS ON SUPPORTING THE DAWGS ON THEIR WAY TO STATE!! :o

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2003, 12:54 AM
Who, specifically, are you talking to? I will definitely agree with you on one point - the topic never should have been posted. It is not football vs the band. I was in band. And my dad was a coach.

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2003, 12:56 AM
LH Panther Mom:
Who, specifically, are you talking to? I will definitely agree with you on one point - the topic never should have been posted. It is not football vs the band. I was in band. And my dad was a coach.Should've quoted, but I was talking to BurnetBandRules.

BurnetBandRules
11-10-2003, 01:20 AM
I was talking to all the posters on this particular topic as an entire body. No on in particualar. I know they intended no harm or disrespect by getting on the field. I would have prefered they hadn't done it while we were performing but they did what they needed to. But, I don't see what the extra two min. were going to do for them. I mean, there was a track behind us they could have trown the ball or warmed up on. Heck, the could have done it while their band was marching. BUT, you know, we all have different opinions and view points...I mean look at how many opinions have been posted thus far....120+!

crunkandfocused
11-10-2003, 01:32 AM
BurnetBandRules:
But, I don't see what the extra two min. were going to do for them. I mean, there was a track behind us they could have trown the ball or warmed up on.Every little bit helps. And I would not want my players warming up on the track. They could mess up their ankles and what not.

CatsDen
11-10-2003, 08:09 AM
Let me see if I understand this correctly....the band-or band parent-is upset that football players were warming up on the football field during halftime?! THIS IS FOOTBALL!!! Of course the FOOTBALL players are warming up on the FOOTBALL field!

I am starting to believe that band members and cheerleaders are forgetting that they are there to support the FOOTBALL team. They are not the main attraction and are rarely considered when most fans walk through the gate (other than the parents of band/cheerleaders specifically). I love to hear the band blasting away after a big play or score and I like to hear them through the whole game. But if they quit and walked out-I would still be there for the game. I like to see cheerleaders actually cheering for big plays and scores. If they were not there I would notice, but I would still be there for the game.

Hottogo
11-10-2003, 08:26 AM
BurnetBandRules:
I was talking to all the posters on this particular topic as an entire body. No on in particualar. I know they intended no harm or disrespect by getting on the field. I would have prefered they hadn't done it while we were performing but they did what they needed to. But, I don't see what the extra two min. were going to do for them. I mean, there was a track behind us they could have trown the ball or warmed up on. Heck, the could have done it while their band was marching. BUT, you know, we all have different opinions and view points...I mean look at how many opinions have been posted thus far....120+!I agree this was a thread that should never have started. Get smart band members and band parents! Understand that a post like the first one posted here on this football site will recieve this kind of response. Don't leave yourselve's open in the future. This would have been a great topic, Im sure on a band site. (Maybe its time that you start one.) I am proud of our band and usualy choose to watch the bands at half time rather than fight the crowds, but I don't come on 3A down low football site to see band members draw the kind of flack that they leave themselves open for with coments like the ones posted here.

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: Hottogo ]</small>

jason
11-10-2003, 09:25 AM
BurnetBandRules:
I was talking to all the posters on this particular topic as an entire body. No on in particualar. I know they intended no harm or disrespect by getting on the field. I would have prefered they hadn't done it while we were performing but they did what they needed to. But, I don't see what the extra two min. were going to do for them. I mean, there was a track behind us they could have trown the ball or warmed up on. Heck, the could have done it while their band was marching. BUT, you know, we all have different opinions and view points...I mean look at how many opinions have been posted thus far....120+!listen...the football teams can do whatever the heck they want in order to get ready...why would they warm up during their own band? so they can get warm then go back to the locker room while yall's band is out there??

they should limit each band to 10 minutes so there's 5 minutes of peace and quiet and fans dont have to listen to the noise of the band and so they can eat their sausage-on-a-stick's in peace....

3afan
11-10-2003, 11:09 AM
oh no - here goes 5 more pages ............

3afan
11-10-2003, 11:10 AM
BTW - at the Forney/Hutch game it was finally cold enuf I had a S-on-a-S and it was GREAT !!!!!!!!!!

sinton 1316
11-10-2003, 01:20 PM
why do we watch the band?
just maybe the reason why the people stay in the stands is b/c thats where they were in the first place...in the stands watching FOOTBALL
maybe they werent hungry so they didnt get up and leave...maybe they can TOLERATE the band enough to not leave while they are playing
if the concessions were free...im sure there would be hardly any people in the stands
and i dont know how they do it in burnet...its working though...
but here in Sinton--we call competing and practicing two different things
we also take one game at a time
is the band competing at a football game?
no
is the football team competing at a football game?
yes
warming up can prevent injuries...and yes 2 minutes does make a difference
if 2 minutes isnt that much...then maybe the band can get off the field 2 minutes sooner...
since, you know...2 minutes doesnt matter
and this post was directed at burnetbandrules to clear up any confusion

TheMarine
11-10-2003, 02:19 PM
THIS IS STUPID! NO ONE EVEN SAW THE PLAYERS ON THE FIELD. BBR CRY ME A RIVER, BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!

3ahunter2k4
11-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Band sucks. they get in the way most of the time. It is called a "FOOTBALL GAME". Plus everyone is usually at the concession stand when the band plays anyways, so no one is really watching them anyways.

20dawgz05
11-10-2003, 05:30 PM
oviosly u have never been to a Burnet game, our fans are behind ALL organizations we have and our stands are full during halftime and it always ends with a standing ovation!!!!..........LETS JUST END THIS TOPIC ALREADY!!!!!! OK I OFFICIALY END IT!!!!

jason
11-10-2003, 05:31 PM
20dawgz05:
oviosly u have never been to a Burnet game, our fans are behind ALL organizations we have and our stands are full during halftime and it always ends with a standing ovation!!!!..........LETS JUST END THIS TOPIC ALREADY!!!!!! OK I OFFICIALY END IT!!!!the only reason people stay in the stands at burnet is cause the lines are too long at the concession stand, they have to wait til half time is over

BurnetBandRules
11-10-2003, 05:38 PM
Okay, CAN WE END THIS! I BET THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE LONGEST POSTS ON THIS SITE! END! END! END! END! END! END! END!

3afan2K3
11-10-2003, 06:25 PM
BurnetBandRules:
Okay, CAN WE END THIS! I BET THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE LONGEST POSTS ON THIS SITE! END! END! END! END! END! END! END!Nope I think my "write the next line" topic is the longest we ever had

BHKrystal06
11-10-2003, 07:14 PM
This is the LONGEST post I have EVER read. Can we just drop this? The game was HOW long ago? GEEZ!

Zepeda96
11-10-2003, 07:31 PM
The football players are out to play a dificult game and need to warm up. Yes the band is part of the team but the band doesn't work hard to earn a championship title like the football players do.
The band needs to understand that band is a year long event, Footaball only last half a semester or less. True that its a football game not a concert. The band won't march if there no football team to march for.

dawgmeister
11-12-2003, 03:40 PM
The Burnet Band has advanced to the State Marching Contest the last three times in a row, and has earned UIL sweepstakes for at least the last 12 years in a row, so we probably know a thing or two about championships.
Comparing football competitions to band competitions is like comparing apples and oranges; only an idiot would do that! But our band does support our football team, just like they support the band and drill team! That's what makes Burnet unstoppable right now!
As for what the fans stick around for in Burnet; they support winners, both during the game and at halftime. Burnet is the greatest place to be in Texas right now, because our town gets it; they support EVERY STUDENT in EVERY ORGANIZATION on campus! If it's not like that in your town, you just don't get it!!

jason
11-12-2003, 03:43 PM
dawgmeister:
The Burnet Band has advanced to the State Marching Contest the last three times in a row, and has earned UIL sweepstakes for at least the last 12 years in a row, so we probably know a thing or two about championships.
Comparing football competitions to band competitions is like comparing apples and oranges; only an idiot would do that! But our band does support our football team, just like they support the band and drill team! That's what makes Burnet unstoppable right now!
As for what the fans stick around for in Burnet; they support winners, both during the game and at halftime. Burnet is the greatest place to be in Texas right now, because our town gets it; they support EVERY STUDENT in EVERY ORGANIZATION on campus! If it's not like that in your town, you just don't get it!!whoa, you almost said some things about burnet we havent already read on here 8 billion times...that was a close one... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

let this post die...everybody agrees the football team had the right to warm up and that waiting in line at the concession stand is better than watching bands at half time...

Buccaneer
11-12-2003, 05:44 PM
Amen, Jason ! You are preaching to the choir!

dawgmeister
11-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Maybe that's the excuse you so-called football experts in Forney use for going to the concession stand at halftime. It's obvious you've never been to a Burnet game, Jason. Like I said, Burnet fans appreciate and applaud everything associated with the activities on Friday nights; football, band, drill team, cheerleaders... Oh yeah; and we also have the best concession stands in the state! That's why Burnet is successful at everything it does! We're a real class act. Get a clue! :cool:

3afan
11-12-2003, 06:14 PM
dawgmeister:
As for what the fans stick around for in Burnet; they support winners, both during the game and at halftime. Burnet is the greatest place to be in Texas right now, because our town gets it; they support EVERY STUDENT in EVERY ORGANIZATION on campus! If it's not like that in your town, you just don't get it!!.
i dont think the band & drill team have anything whatsoever to do with burnet's recent success ... its the players and coaches ONLY ... if they played in front of empty stands they'd be the same team

jason
11-12-2003, 06:17 PM
dawgmeister:
Maybe that's the excuse you so-called football experts in Forney use for going to the concession stand at halftime. It's obvious you've never been to a Burnet game, Jason. Like I said, Burnet fans appreciate and applaud everything associated with the activities on Friday nights; football, band, drill team, cheerleaders... Oh yeah; and we also have the best concession stands in the state! That's why Burnet is successful at everything it does! We're a real class act. Get a clue! :cool: i have been to a Burnet game thank you very much...you can ask about 5 people on here that saw me there...and i was NOT impressed with the band, they were average....

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D

dawgmeister
11-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Your school, your team, your band, your drill team... they ain't nothin' without the support of the community they are located in, and BOY do we have it here. Guess it's not like that where you are, or you'd know what we're talkin' about here in Burnet! When it clicks, EVERYONE IN THE SCHOOL CAN BE SUCCESSFUL. That's what's happenin' here!

jason
11-12-2003, 06:23 PM
dawgmeister:
Your school, your team, your band, your drill team... they ain't nothin' without the support of the community they are located in, and BOY do we have it here. Guess it's not like that where you are, or you'd know what we're talkin' about here in Burnet! When it clicks, EVERYONE IN THE SCHOOL CAN BE SUCCESSFUL. That's what's happenin' here!its exactly like that in Forney and it has been the last ten years...WE'RE not one year wonders like Burnet is...you dont think the football team would play the same if the band stayed home? they'd prolly play better not having the noise on the field...

dawgmeister
11-12-2003, 06:25 PM
Havin' a conversation with Jason is like havin' a battle of whits with an un-armed opponent. It's too easy!
When you can't respond with substance, you just try to tear down what you don't understand with crass little comments. Knock yourself out! You'll never get it! :cool:

20dawgz05
11-12-2003, 06:31 PM
PLEASE EXUSE DAWGMEISTER!!!!....whoever u are u need to get a clue when u talk trash like that u make all of us (burnet) look bad grow up!!! and the way u are talkin on here about a class act look how u are actin maybe U DONT GET IT!! ......sorry about that Burnet is a nice place but so are other places!!!!!!!

olddawggreen
11-12-2003, 08:57 PM
dawgmeister:
Havin' a conversation with Jason is like havin' a battle of whits with an un-armed opponent. It's too easy!
When you can't respond with substance, you just try to tear down what you don't understand with crass little comments. Knock yourself out! You'll never get it! :cool: dawgmeister, this entire thread was a mistake that died two days ago, WHY IN THE WORLD did you start it up again. Your just setting the band up for riddicule. This is old news and with all the post that have been made, I seriously doubt that there is anything you could add that hasn't been said. Just get off of it and let it die! Quit leaving yourself and Burnet open for pot shots. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

olddawggreen
11-12-2003, 09:00 PM
jason:

dawgmeister:
Maybe that's the excuse you so-called football experts in Forney use for going to the concession stand at halftime. It's obvious you've never been to a Burnet game, Jason. Like I said, Burnet fans appreciate and applaud everything associated with the activities on Friday nights; football, band, drill team, cheerleaders... Oh yeah; and we also have the best concession stands in the state! That's why Burnet is successful at everything it does! We're a real class act. Get a clue! :cool: i have been to a Burnet game thank you very much...you can ask about 5 people on here that saw me there...and i was NOT impressed with the band, they were average....

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad:

jason
11-12-2003, 09:02 PM
olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...

olddog73
11-12-2003, 09:07 PM
jason:

olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...It looks like it took about 15 ice cubes.

jason
11-12-2003, 09:13 PM
olddog73:

jason:

olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...It looks like it took about 15 ice cubes.lol...i didnt like that one so i put my eyes back on...

sinton 1316
11-12-2003, 09:50 PM
jason:

olddog73:

jason:

olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...It looks like it took about 15 ice cubes.lol...i didnt like that one so i put my eyes back on...is there a record for how many times you can quote in one post?

Ranger05
11-12-2003, 09:52 PM
yall are still on this get over it the football player have a right to warm up

olddog73
11-12-2003, 09:59 PM
sinton 1316:

jason:

olddog73:

jason:

olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...It looks like it took about 15 ice cubes.lol...i didnt like that one so i put my eyes back on...is there a record for how many times you can quote in one post?Im not sure, into infinity?

olddog73
11-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Ranger05:
yall are still on this get over it the football player have a right to warm upWe are way past that subject, were talking about hamburgers and ice cubes now!

jason
11-12-2003, 10:03 PM
olddog73:

sinton 1316:

jason:

olddog73:

jason:

olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...It looks like it took about 15 ice cubes.lol...i didnt like that one so i put my eyes back on...is there a record for how many times you can quote in one post?Im not sure, into infinity?let's find out

sinton 1316
11-12-2003, 10:06 PM
jason:

olddog73:

sinton 1316:

jason:

olddog73:

jason:

olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...It looks like it took about 15 ice cubes.lol...i didnt like that one so i put my eyes back on...is there a record for how many times you can quote in one post?Im not sure, into infinity?let's find outmaybe we could break a world record...that would really get the down low some publicity

jason
11-12-2003, 10:08 PM
jason:

olddog73:

sinton 1316:

jason:

olddog73:

jason:

olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...It looks like it took about 15 ice cubes.lol...i didnt like that one so i put my eyes back on...is there a record for how many times you can quote in one post?Im not sure, into infinity?let's find outnah...we already got enough people that dont belong..no need for any more...

20dawgz05
11-12-2003, 10:09 PM
man ima run out on the field and throw a f-ball then i could be famous to lol this is CrAzY!!

olddog73
11-12-2003, 10:09 PM
sinton 1316:

jason:

olddog73:

sinton 1316:

jason:

olddog73:

jason:

olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...It looks like it took about 15 ice cubes.lol...i didnt like that one so i put my eyes back on...is there a record for how many times you can quote in one post?Im not sure, into infinity?let's find outmaybe we could break a world record...that would really get the down low some publicityLike get 60 minutes to do a story on it, or since its a sports web site, maybe Bryant Gumble or Howard Cossell or some one.

PAINTBALL
11-12-2003, 10:36 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_100.gif

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

sinton 1316
11-12-2003, 10:54 PM
olddog73:

sinton 1316:

jason:

olddog73:

sinton 1316:

jason:

olddog73:

jason:

olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...It looks like it took about 15 ice cubes.lol...i didnt like that one so i put my eyes back on...is there a record for how many times you can quote in one post?Im not sure, into infinity?let's find outmaybe we could break a world record...that would really get the down low some publicityLike get 60 minutes to do a story on it, or since its a sports web site, maybe Bryant Gumble or Howard Cossell or some one.maybe ESPN will pick it up?

olddog73
11-12-2003, 11:14 PM
sinton 1316:

olddog73:

sinton 1316:

jason:

olddog73:

sinton 1316:

jason:

olddog73:

jason:

olddawggreen:

jason:

dawgmeister:

heck...the burgers werent even that good...lol :D Burgers weren't that good, now those are fighting words Jason! :mad: :mad: i was wonderin how long that would take to get a response...It looks like it took about 15 ice cubes.lol...i didnt like that one so i put my eyes back on...is there a record for how many times you can quote in one post?Im not sure, into infinity?let's find outmaybe we could break a world record...that would really get the down low some publicityLike get 60 minutes to do a story on it, or since its a sports web site, maybe Bryant Gumble or Howard Cossell or some one.maybe ESPN will pick it up?Or even the Austin American Statesman!

jason
08-07-2004, 03:03 PM
i think this is one of my ALL TIME favorite threads lol, i still laugh when i read it....

olddawggreen
08-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Ah yes, Back in the day! Jason, I hope you don't get it all stirred up between the Bandies and the Footballers again;) If you do, you and I may have to scoot on over to the 4aaaa site and let them fight it out here:D :D :D :D

3afan2K3
08-07-2004, 03:30 PM
I got in an argument with someone a few days ago. I was telling them that people go to football games to watch football not halftime. And of course they had to diagree.

Old Tiger
08-07-2004, 03:34 PM
The 2 Burnet games I've been to people has gone to the consession stand at halftime...

La Grange
08-07-2004, 03:50 PM
I just read this topic for the first time, and that was absolutly hilarious :D .

Come on it is just the band...

jason
11-12-2006, 11:22 PM
ttt

:doh:

lepfan
11-13-2006, 12:39 AM
I laughed out loud...AGAIN...after reading the first post. It brought back many memories. Thanks Jason :)

pirate4state
11-13-2006, 12:49 AM
handNdirt is gonna have a FIELD DAY!!! :D LMAO!!!

DU_stud04
11-13-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by jason
they reserve the right to come out and warm up...its a football game, not a concert... :clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan
11-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Can someone explain to us how this thread was "unlocked"? If a thread is over a year old it can't be posted on again(hence the word "locked") and suddenly this thread has a new post about two years from it's last post. :confused:

jason
11-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Can someone explain to us how this thread was "unlocked"? magic

Ranger Mom
11-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Can someone explain to us how this thread was "unlocked"? If a thread is over a year old it can't be posted on again(hence the word "locked") and suddenly this thread has a new post about two years from it's last post. :confused:

Some of the good threads are brought back up for posterity sake!

It's all in good fun!

GreenMonster
11-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Some of the good threads are brought back up for posterity sake!

It's all in good fun!

Someone needs to take this thread out behind the barn and put it out of it's misery.

jason
09-24-2008, 08:48 AM
:nerd:

charlesrixey
09-24-2008, 08:52 AM
it was funny reading how liberty hill had 'no chance of winning against burnet since they were down apparently a lot at halftime

a lot has changed

BwdLions
09-24-2008, 09:32 AM
This is one of the funniest (and longest) subjects that's been discussed in a while. All the talk about rude football players, angry band members and band parents, dangerous band instruments and concessions stands is great.

What bothers me is the way so many people use "....." between comments to make really long run-on sentences. For pete's sake, make complete sentences and use correct punctuation marks. That is, unless you just didn't learn it in school. It's so much more enjoyable for those of us trying to read it.

How's that for changing the subject? :D

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
This is one of the funniest (and longest) subjects that's been discussed in a while. All the talk about rude football players, angry band members and band parents, dangerous band instruments and concessions stands is great.

What bothers me is the way so many people use "....." between comments to make really long run-on sentences. For pete's sake, make complete sentences and use correct punctuation marks. That is, unless you just didn't learn it in school. It's so much more enjoyable for those of us trying to read it.

How's that for changing the subject? :D

I thought it was funny that hardly ANYONE who posted on that thread, is even here anymore!!!

You DID realize that thread is 5 years old, didn't ya??

Texasfootball2
09-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by BHSSenior2006
While the band was out there finishing their show...Liberty Hill football players were behind us throwing footballs. What if they were to hit the band. There was still 3 minutes left of halftime..COULDN'T YALL WAIT to let the finish their show..We thought that was really rude, and i know that i am not the ONLY person to think so. I have had many people say to me that was really RUDE of them to do that.

Are you sure?:thinking: :doh: I find it hard to believe that you can use the words "Liberty Hill" and " throwing the football" in the same sentence! There like oil and water.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by CTownHardHitter07
Band people.....lets not cry about this now.....or whoever started this topic....it is a football game...band is their for entertainment purposes.....i think the football guys have the right to warm up so they will be ready to play..dont have a cow....i mean i would rather my team be stretched and warm and ready to play....but we wouldnt wanna hurt any feelings now...haha
j/k

Actually...it's first and foremost a school function, designed to get as many students and parents and the whole town involved in the event. The football game is the "hook" to get people to come. It's about developing character. We shouldnt forget this...its about the kids.

BUT...

It doesnt sound like there was disrepect intended. I have seen this many times, and I doubt there was intentional dissing. But I do know there is lots of disrespect for the band and the cheerleaders at most games I have seen...they work their tails off for little or no acknowledgement. Most people just blow them off.

A clap now and then...or a "way to go" or a "hey you guys rocked" comment on your way to the bathroom or concession stand goes a long way towards giving kids a feeling of acceptance and accomplishment.

i am guilty of not doing enough to encourage these kids. I bet most here are too. I will try to improve on this.

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
PEOPLE!!!

This happened 5 years ago!!!!

Look at the first post date!!

:p

DaHop72
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Are you sure?:thinking: :doh: I find it hard to believe that you can use the words "Liberty Hill" and " throwing the football" in the same sentence! There like oil and water. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

wimbo_pro
09-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I thought it was funny that hardly ANYONE who posted on that thread, is even here anymore!!!

You DID realize that thread is 5 years old, didn't ya??

You mean LH has been disrespecting bands for 5 years???????

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
You mean LH has been disrespecting bands for 5 years???????

I really don't know.

I haven't read a post in the past 4 that accused them of it....just this one.

This is all Jason's fault, I suspect!!!!

DaHop72
09-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
You mean LH has been disrespecting bands for 5 years??????? http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/fruitcake.jpg

wimbo_pro
09-24-2008, 09:51 AM
I was kidding!!! I didnt notice the date either.

BobcatBenny
09-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Well, I can jump on this bandwagon ... or ... is the BHS band just jumping on Celina's bandwagon?

Celinians have had a complaint on the LH football players for over a year and a half. :(

espn1
09-24-2008, 10:15 AM
they reserve the right to come out and warm up...its a football game, not a concert... LMAO!

onsideanytime
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Who cares it is the band! Yall have to much time on the field as it is, i think yall should get 5 minutes for each school and then clear the field so if the coaches are done with adjustments and half time talks the players have plenty of room to get warmed up

ziggy29
09-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Are you sure?:thinking: :doh: I find it hard to believe that you can use the words "Liberty Hill" and " throwing the football" in the same sentence! There like oil and water.
Prepare to be awestruck by the prolific aerial attack of the Slot-T...

jason
09-24-2008, 10:37 AM

This is all Jason's fault, I suspect!!!! :devil:

Hill Man
09-24-2008, 11:33 AM
WOW!!
I can't believe I am seeing a thread that started when my son was a senior on that same LH team. He graduated from college last May:doh:

3afan
09-24-2008, 11:35 AM
memories .....

BobcatBenny
09-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
WOW!!
I can't believe I am seeing a thread that started when my son was a senior on that same LH team. He graduated from college last May:doh:
LOL. I guess Celina would be jumping on the BHS Band's bandwagon! ;)

Hill Man
09-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
memories .....

Your not kidding:clap:

That was the game 20/20 used to do thier feature on Texas High School football. Got great highlights of my son on national television getting burned deep by Shipley

29-3aFAN
09-24-2008, 12:24 PM

It's just a ball. Only hurt for a little bit.

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2008, 12:39 PM

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

The biggest shocker in this entire thread is that 3afan made a joke.:eek: :D

garciap77
09-24-2008, 12:46 PM
everybody should be required to sit perfectly still and stare directly at the football field and not move or say a word until there is 00:00 on the half time clock...lol...

No Cow Bells? Come on that will never fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

;)

3afan
09-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The biggest shocker in this entire thread is that 3afan made a joke.:eek: :D

:confused:

garciap77
09-24-2008, 12:51 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .........................

This is all Jason's fault, I suspect!!!!

:devil:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

;)

pancho villa
09-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Is this thread a joke? Who cares about any BAND!

LHexPlayer
09-24-2008, 12:58 PM
DIE thread DIE:redxpoke:

BwdLions
09-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Heck no I didn't look at the date. I figured since it was near the top of the latest threads, and it was from somone with BHS in their name, it had to be someone from Brownwood High School. Thank goodness it's from another BHS. :clap:

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2008, 01:05 PM
:confused:

Have I read you wrong all this time? I've always pegged you
as a no nonsense kinda poster. A while back somebody posted
a picture of you. It looked like you might have been a Drill
Sargeant during the Vietnam Era. I just put the two together.:)

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Have I read you wrong all this time? I've always pegged you
as a no nonsense kinda poster. A while back somebody posted
a picture of you. It looked like you might have been a Drill
Sargeant during the Vietnam Era. I just put the two together.:)

3afan has a dry sense of humor!!

How can he be a "no nonsense" poster, he DID father Jason and Emerson1 after all!! :D

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2008, 01:24 PM

How can he be a "no nonsense" poster, he DID father Jason and Emerson1 after all!! :D

Okay so that's three jokes he's made that I know of.:D

Sorry Jason.:thumbsup:

jason
09-24-2008, 01:26 PM

How can he be a "no nonsense" poster, he DID father Jason and Emerson1 after all!! :D he is adopted

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 01:30 PM
he is adopted

Your dad is??

That would be my excuse too!!!:D :D

:p :kiss: :inlove:

raider red 2000
09-24-2008, 01:32 PM
this thread has been teh best thing i have read in a while.

it took some time for me to realize that it was from a fews back.....poor band kids :)

Panther Dad X 2
09-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by bigdogsbulldogmom
get tougher footballers if a tuba could take them out.........hehehe

This one is fun to read.

As far as getting tougher football players, Maybe your Band needs tougher 8th graders.

New Bumper Sticker:

My football player will hit your band member so hard with the football they won't be able to TOOT their horn!!!!!

Trashman
09-24-2008, 01:51 PM
they reserve the right to come out and warm up...its a football game, not a concert...

Football is merely the pregame and post game for the halftime show.:D

Global Swarming
09-24-2008, 01:59 PM
I think they ought to make the bands play before the game even starts. Half time is way too long anyway. They need a halftime as short as the pros do.

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
I think they ought to make the bands play before the game even starts. Half time is way too long anyway. They need a halftime as short as the pros do.

Last week's halftime was 24 minutes do to homecoming.:(

kepdawg
09-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Last week's halftime was 24 minutes do to homecoming.:(

A 24 minute homecoming halftime is great!

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming

Unless there is a M&G.....and then we need all the time we can get!!:D :D

Oh crap...that reminded me, I still have the shirt!!

I hope no one wanted it this week!!:doh: :doh:

Gsquared
09-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Unless there is a M&G.....and then we need all the time we can get!!:D :D

Oh crap...that reminded me, I still have the shirt!!

I hope no one wanted it this week!!:doh: :doh:
Overnight it to JR and he can take it with us to Crockett/LaVega.

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Overnight it to JR and he can take it with us to Crockett/LaVega.

Are you going to organize a M&G??

pirate4state
09-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Are you going to organize a M&G?? Probably not! Look who you are talking to! :doh:

I thought about telling you to mail it to me since we have some new Orange Grove posters, but it's too late to send it now.

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Probably not! Look who you are talking to! :doh:

I thought about telling you to mail it to me since we have some new Orange Grove posters, but it's too late to send it now.

I forgot I even had it!!:p

JR2004
09-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Probably not! Look who you are talking to! :doh:

Are you trying to say Grant is not capable of organizing a meet and greet?!?! :mad: :mad:

Lion_Addict
09-24-2008, 03:42 PM
I forgot I even had it!!:p

Once a blonde always a blonde?........ :D . Hey RM, how ya doin? :kiss:

nobogey72
09-24-2008, 03:43 PM
I think band at halftime would be alot more enjoyable and entertaining if both bands were on the field at the same time and each band had to play while the other band was trying to take their instruments away from them.:D

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Once a blonde always a blonde?........ :D . Hey RM, how ya doin? :kiss:

I guess dying my hair brown didn't help...huh?? (Although, it didn't lighten up a lot!)

I'm GREAT.....2 of the 3 bosses aren't here today!!

JR2004
09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I think band at halftime would be alot more enjoyable and entertaining if both bands were on the field at the same time and each band had to play while the other band was trying to take their instruments away from them.:D

In Dallas this is known as a DISD halftime show. :)

Sweetwater Red
09-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
In Dallas this is known as a DISD halftime show. :)

That makes me think of the scene in Drumline where one kid
starts playing on the other kid's snare(?) drum and then a hell breaks
loose.

Necks_Fan
09-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Who cares? Band is boring.

Be thankful there are even football players there, otherwise noone would be there.

who comes to the stadiun to watch the band?

Unless you're BR or LaMarque.

This thread is dumb.:hand:

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Who cares? Band is boring.

Be thankful there are even football players there, otherwise noone would be there.

who comes to the stadiun to watch the band?

Unless you're BR or LaMarque.

This thread is dumb.:hand:

What is even dumber is people saying it's dumb when it happened 5 years ago!!!!

Necks_Fan
09-24-2008, 04:30 PM
It's dumb that this thread is at the top if it happened 5 years ago.... even dumber that this is being discussed.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2008, 04:32 PM
It's dumb that this thread is at the top if it happened 5 years ago.... even dumber that this is being discussed.
What's your excuse? :thinking: :thinking: :doh:

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 04:32 PM

You can thank Jason!!

Ranger Mom
09-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
What's your excuse? :thinking: :thinking: :doh:

Ohhhhhh!!!!!

EXCELLENT question!!:clap: :clap:

Necks_Fan
09-24-2008, 04:42 PM
What's your excuse? :thinking: :thinking: :doh: I'm dumb. What's yours?

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm dumb. What's yours?
I actually unlocked it! If you read the below thread, maybe you will understand why.

rivalry thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=86737)

Necks_Fan
09-24-2008, 04:51 PM
I actually unlocked it! If you read the below thread, maybe you will understand why.

rivalry thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=86737) I don't feel like it.

sorry. Lol.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't feel like it.

sorry. Lol.
Well, then stop complaining. :p

olddawggreen
09-24-2008, 05:47 PM
You just had to be there.....:rolleyes: :D

JR2004
09-24-2008, 08:07 PM
That makes me think of the scene in Drumline where one kid
starts playing on the other kid's snare(?) drum and then a hell breaks
loose.

So true! I remember that scene and it was pretty funny.

I kid though about DISD halftime shows. They're fun most of the time. DISD bands are pretty entertaining. I'll hang around to listen to our band mainly because I respect the job Mr. Sanders is able to do with what he has. He's pulled kids out of the hall before and taught kids that can't read a lick of sheet music how to play an instrument in a very short amount of time. I really don't know how he does it.

Last week we did just what the DMN writer said we'd do. We lost the game to Lincoln, BUT we won the most entertaining halftime show in the state (Insert your A&M reference...lol)! I know it's not much but for a band that plays almost completely by ear it's something!

The only instance I can think of where a halftime went somewhat wrong was the A. Maceo game in 2006. Their band had a good halftime show and for some reason their Falcon mascot decides to stand right on the 50 and start taunting our fans! Nevermind that we were up 39-7, that didn't deter him from standing there for a few minutes making some strange gestures in our direction...lol.

buff4ever
09-24-2008, 09:21 PM

IS THIS A JOKE, SERIOUSLY.

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
IS THIS A JOKE, SERIOUSLY.
No, they were seriously ticked off 5 years ago.

lange4
09-24-2008, 09:45 PM
man a 24 minute halftime, wish i could go there. ours are always 30 minutes at least

Emerson1
09-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by lange4
man a 24 minute halftime, wish i could go there. ours are always 30 minutes at least
30 min is what it has to be

jason
09-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
30 min is what it has to be thats 15 minutes too long...

mustang04
09-25-2008, 02:44 PM
while it WAS a football game...football is a a UIL sanctioned extracurricular activity JUST LIKE BAND...what, is football more important than a group of kids who might be performing for their parents that might not get to make it to watch them that often

i was never in band...and i played football....but the older i get, the more i realize that so many ppl think that highschool football players rule the school...sorry, but those band kids have every right to those measly few minutes during halftime as the players do to the rest of the game

pirate4state
09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
band mafias rule the schools! better watch out for the band mafia or they'll get you!

JR2004
09-25-2008, 03:00 PM
band mafias rule the schools! better watch out for the band mafia or they'll get you!

The Sinton Band is SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Necks_Fan
09-25-2008, 04:36 PM
I think I got Rom'd for a band related comment. not really postive though.

Ranger Mom
09-25-2008, 04:39 PM
I think I got Rom'd for a band related comment. not really postive though.

I doubt that was the only reason....that may have just been the "straw!"

It has been a while since I have seen anyone banned for just ONE thing....it's usually cumulative until we are pretty much left no choice!!!

Necks_Fan
09-25-2008, 05:02 PM
I doubt that was the only reason....that may have just been the "straw!"

It has been a while since I have seen anyone banned for just ONE thing....it's usually cumulative until we are pretty much left no choice!!! Is there anyway to go and do research to find out what post caused y'all to pull the trigger?

jason
09-29-2008, 10:16 AM
i think burnet and liberty hill play this week......

sure hope this travesty doesnt happen again.......

slpybear the bullfan
11-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
I like the game and the halftime show. Kinda' like bacon and eggs. But I want to take this opportunity to wish all kids 1A to 5A good luck at Saturday's State Cross Country "Our Sport is Your Sport's Punishment" Meet!!!!

BullFrog Dad... that was a classic! "Our sport is Your Sport's Punishment". Freaking fantastic and I am standing up doing a slow clap for you!

Dieselsmoke
11-02-2008, 09:44 AM
i think burnet and liberty hill play this week......

sure hope this travesty doesnt happen again.......

I've heard their will be counselors there in case a band kid or band fan needs them...