PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best chance to beat gilmer in the playoffs?

cats2151
10-18-2006, 05:28 PM
I think gilmer should roll to state but if there was one team that had a chance to upset them who would it be?

Old Tiger
10-18-2006, 05:29 PM
The Chicago Bears :D

Gobbla2001
10-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Burnet.... durnit...

Keith7
10-18-2006, 05:34 PM
the 03 Gainesville team

big daddy russ
10-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
the 03 Gainesville team
ROFL.

MagicMan
10-18-2006, 05:38 PM
their 2nd string

cats2151
10-18-2006, 05:39 PM
ok who has a chance?

big daddy russ
10-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by cats2151
ok who has a chance?
Cuero... well, only if they wind up going D1.

carter08
10-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Any given team.

West Columbia :D

Gobbla2001
10-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Cuero...

man, you just gave MaginMan a heart attack with that comment, he'll have hate-material for the Gobblers for weeks now...

big daddy russ
10-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
man, you just gave MaginMan a heart attack with that comment, he'll have hate-material for the Gobblers for weeks now...
LOL. I like that guy. Stirs the pot quite a bit, but it makes for some good reading.

Seriously though, I hear everyone talk about how fast Sweetwater's team is and can't help but think, "they finished a full second and some change BEHIND Cuero in last year's sprint relay... and the Gobs have size like Butter Krust has rolls."

Not saying that you guys are any better or worse than Gilmer, just saying you have a great shot against them... especially if you play the game on a turf field.

44INAROW
10-18-2006, 09:32 PM

Seriously though, I hear everyone talk about how fast Sweetwater's team is and can't help but think, "they finished a full second and some change BEHIND Cuero in last year's sprint relay... .

I just wanted to read that again :D

DaHop72
10-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I just wanted to read that again :D :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: @44

herewego
10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I think gilmer should roll to state but if there was one team that had a chance to upset them who would it be?

Certainly not UIL

rodeo-rider
10-18-2006, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by big daddy russ

Seriously though, I hear everyone talk about how fast Sweetwater's team is and can't help but think, "they finished a full second and some change BEHIND Cuero in last year's sprint relay... and the Gobs have size like Butter Krust has rolls."

yeah, didn't they (he) pull up at the end............................
:D

thought so..........:thinking:

44INAROW
10-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: @44

I tried to get in Chat, but my computer is on "life support" and won't let me in :(

JHS_c/o_06'
10-18-2006, 10:07 PM
No one....they will win it this year....and the next year.....and in their attempt at a dynasty. Jasper will ruin it, finding our ultimate revenge. And i will be the crazy guy painted on the sidelines waving a flag crying tears of joy to end my three years of bitterness and grief.

....or they could get beat in the first round....whichever happens first.:D

DaHop72
10-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I tried to get in Chat, but my computer is on "life support" and won't let me in :( Well dang it, we miss you.:(

gtownpoke
10-18-2006, 10:13 PM
who would Gilmer have to go through if they were to get to state?

Stownhorse
10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by rodeo-rider
[QUOTE]Originally posted by big daddy russ

yeah, didn't they (he) pull up at the end............................
:D

thought so..........:thinking:

But can you whoop him in a race?

bulldogman06
10-19-2006, 03:50 AM
if Cuero is in the same division they will win

3afan
10-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by rodeo-rider
[QUOTE]........"they finished a full second and some change BEHIND Cuero in last year's sprint relay...

has NOTHING to do with who wins on the football field

Texasfootball2
10-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by gtownpoke

I think the region one winner which will most likely be the Decatur/Abilene Wylie winner week 1 of the playoffs will give Gilmer all they want in the semi's. Decatur is the kind of Team that can probably score with Gilmer and Wylie has a great defense that keeps them in games and a big play type offense.

gtownpoke
10-19-2006, 12:17 PM
so that could be one possibly played in the DFW area?

big daddy russ
10-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
Interesting topic, so I decided to check into it.

Bi-District: Likely Texarakana Liberty-Eylau

Area: I'm thinking Kaufman will come out of District 13, but 14-3A's up for grabs... Athens is the biggest school, then Chapel Hill, then Brownsboro... It looks like Brownsboro is the team to beat out of that district, but if Athens or Chapel Hill makes it to the postseason then Brownsboro goes D2

Regionals: The way I see it shaping up, Prosper, Royse City, Dallas Roosevelt and Kennedale will get in on the other side of the Regional bracket, but if you pressed me to pick one team I thought would make it out of there I'd choose Roosevelt

State Semifinals: Canyon, Burkburnett, Abilene Wylie and Decatur have to be the favorites out of Region 3, but I see Canyon making it out of here....

Finals: If Gonzales misses the playoffs, Cuero's in and I can't see anyone beating Cuero up to this point... If not, there's still tons of great competition, especially in R3... Hutto, Palestine, Carthage, Silsbee and Bellville (I don't know if Navasota will make the playoffs) will all be extremely tough out of R3, while Wimberley is getting better and better out of R4 and could very well make a return trip to the finals.... Realistically, if Cuero's not here, I'd rank the remaining contenders in this order:

1. Carthage
2. Palestine
3. Wimberley
4a. Silsbee
4b. Bellville (a little banged-up, but if they were healthy I'd have them first)
6. Hutto

DukeNukem
10-19-2006, 12:45 PM
i think it will be a smash mouth, ball possession running team. if they can get them to play on natural grass and it is a cold wet december night it would help. those cold and wet games are how every playoff game i played in seemed.

this is getting harder to do every year with all the nice turf stadiums though.

dirtydan
10-19-2006, 01:15 PM

Area: I'm thinking Kaufman will come out of District 13, but 14-3A's up for grabs... Athens is the biggest school, then Chapel Hill, then Brownsboro... It looks like Brownsboro is the team to beat out of that district, but if Athens or Chapel Hill makes it to the postseason then Brownsboro goes D2

Regionals: The way I see it shaping up, Prosper, Royse City, Dallas Roosevelt and Kennedale will get in on the other side of the Regional bracket, but if you pressed me to pick one team I thought would make it out of there I'd choose Roosevelt

State Semifinals: Canyon, Burkburnett, Abilene Wylie and Decatur have to be the favorites out of Region 3, but I see Canyon making it out of here....

Finals: If Gonzales misses the playoffs, Cuero's in and I can't see anyone beating Cuero up to this point... If not, there's still tons of great competition, especially in R3... Hutto, Palestine, Carthage, Silsbee and Bellville (I don't know if Navasota will make the playoffs) will all be extremely tough out of R3, while Wimberley is getting better and better out of R4 and could very well make a return trip to the finals.... Realistically, if Cuero's not here, I'd rank the remaining contenders in this order:

1. Carthage
2. Palestine
3. Wimberley
4a. Silsbee
4b. Bellville (a little banged-up, but if they were healthy I'd have them first)
6. Hutto

I see it as gilmer vs Liberty Eylau, then gilmer vs mabank if mabank gets by brownsboro; then gilmer taking on kennedale who probably just beat royse city, then Reg 1 & 2 knock heads. who will most likely be gilmer vs abilene wylie.

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 01:40 PM
For once...whoever comes out of Region 1 is going to have 3 tough games to play. For Wylie/Decatur, they'll likely have Burk and their stud RB in the 2nd round and then Canyon in the State Quarters. This could definitely work in Gilmer's favor as they will have much more favorable matchups in Region 2 after TL-E.

lostaussie
10-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by dirtydan
I see it as gilmer vs Liberty Eylau, then gilmer vs mabank if mabank gets by brownsboro; then gilmer taking on kennedale who probably just beat royse city, then Reg 1 & 2 knock heads. who will most likely be gilmer vs abilene wylie. i agree except i think it will be Decatur in the semi's. long way to go before then and we have to be there or it doesn't matter.

pirate4state
10-19-2006, 02:11 PM

1. Carthage
2. Palestine
3. Wimberley
4a. Silsbee
6. Hutto

Won't Wimberley be DII?? Bandera being the DI rep out of that district?

big daddy russ
10-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Won't Wimberley be DII?? Bandera being the DI rep out of that district?
Are they? I thought Wimberley was D1, but I may be wrong. If so, Ingleside and Rio Hondo become the favorites out of R4, neither of which (I think) can hang with Gilmer.

pirate4state
10-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Are they? I thought Wimberley was D1, but I may be wrong. If so, Ingleside and Rio Hondo become the favorites out of R4, neither of which (I think) can hang with Gilmer. Yeah as long as Bandera makes the playoffs and with a 4 team district I think they are in, they will be the DI rep with 856 students to Wimberley's 663. :)

herewego
10-19-2006, 02:38 PM

The Fighting Tunis Termites!

TheDOCTORdre
10-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Only God himself, because He can do whatever He wants

Tweeder215
10-19-2006, 03:11 PM
LOL. I like that guy. Stirs the pot quite a bit, but it makes for some good reading.

Not saying that you guys are any better or worse than Gilmer, just saying you have a great shot against them... especially if you play the game on a turf field.

That is not what everyone talks about when they say how fast Sweetwater is (don't get me wrong, I'll put our 4 backs against any in the state and bet my house on it) but everyone on our team is fast. I don't mean that our line can outrun other peoples backs but relative to their position, 11 on 11, I say we are at bare minimum top 3 fastest teams in the state in 3A. But only time will tell...

big daddy russ
10-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
That is not what everyone talks about when they say how fast Sweetwater is (don't get me wrong, I'll put our 4 backs against any in the state and bet my house on it) but everyone on our team is fast. I don't mean that our line can outrun other peoples backs but relative to their position, 11 on 11, I say we are at bare minimum top 3 fastest teams in the state in 3A. But only time will tell...
Huh?