PDA

View Full Version : A few 21-3A picks

Old Cardinal
08-20-2003, 05:34 PM
I will make some wild picks: Barbers Hill 21-7 over Anahuac; I pick an upset- BC 13 LCM 10... It could end up 3-0; LCM has a good defense-I am sure the newspaper picks will take 4A LCM by a good margin, this time of year....I am baseing the Anahuac/BH pick on the fact that Vidor opened and held Anahuac to two first downs out of 35 offensive plays, while Vidor offensively scored 3 65 yard plus breakaways and completed 3 long TD passes. In the game condition sector, Vidor prevailed,with a win- 3 TDs to 1, over Anahuac's run and shoot offense....On the BC upset pick over LCM, I would have not picked them: except they looked good against Cleveland. With only SEVEN total Seniors they could fall apart under true game conditions-but I don't think so, at this point. They appear to be taking their Coaching instruction very seriously.

<small>[ August 20, 2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Compudyne
08-22-2003, 08:25 AM
My sources over in 20 3A tell me that Bridge City was not that impressive in the Cleveland Scrimmage. I will take LC-M over BC by 17.

sphinx1906
08-22-2003, 10:32 AM
I saw the scrimmage also but I wouldn't say L-CM by 17. I saw L-CM in 7-7 this summer and they wern't that impressive. Yes I know 7-7 isn't football but the kids seemed to argue to much. B.C. won't be arguing. Ought to be a good game

Compudyne
08-22-2003, 12:51 PM
Sphinx, you seem to be well travelled. Sounds like you have watched just about everyone play. I would hate to be paying you gas bill. What does it look like in 20 3A this year??

Disputant
08-22-2003, 01:10 PM
I'll go with BC over LCM. However, when Tarver was at HF, they didn't look to good early in the season. By the third ballgame the improvement was enormous. BH-14, Anahuac-14 (lights go out and it ends in a tie).

sphinx1906
08-22-2003, 01:16 PM
This year I think the race for District champs will once again come down to the Newton-Jasper game. Jasper had a big hit lossing 36 seniors this past year but they have 940+ kids in their school. They will have athletes and plenty of them. Newton will have an impressive defense again this year so this will be a game to watch. As for the rest of the district I think that Diboll/Kirbyville/Woodville will be fighting for a spot to play in week 11. Kirbyville looked pretty quick on defense against Hemphill. Woodville has good speed also with Bearfield running the ball. Diboll you just never know about,but I wouldn't count them out of the running. I guess we will just have to see.

Compudyne
08-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the information. How was Kirbyville on offense??

sphinx1906
08-22-2003, 01:30 PM
Kirbyville on offense was a little shakey. But they had a couple of good runs by #2 Tremaine Keys. they are pretty good at the quarterback position with Simmons and Hazelwood, but they just looked rusty. they will continue to improve I believe and coach Alvarez will have them ready to make a run for the playoffs.Personally I hope they make it in the #2 spot behind Newton but I don't think they are quite there yet. Good luck cats.

Compudyne
08-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Thanks again for the info. You seem to know a lot about the area teams. Good Luck.

EAGLETOWN
08-22-2003, 09:40 PM
wink The Hill wallops Anahuac 35-7. wink

These kids are better than they are getting credit for this early. The O is big and fast enough to control the ball and produce the big plays. The D is also more seasoned than you might think this early in the season.

:D You'll see. :D