PDA

View Full Version : *** FLASH**** Hutto has already won district!!!!!

clemsmarina
10-18-2006, 08:47 AM
"Hutto in 18-3A:
A 33-14 win over Cameron Yoe all but seals up the 18-3A title for Hutto."

This intelligent quote brought to you by none other than the folks at Austin Communist Statesman, on 10-17-06.

Have I been in a coma and missed the rest of the regular season?

Old Tiger
10-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
"Hutto in 18-3A:

This intelligent quote brought to you by none other than the folks at Austin Communist Statesman, on 10-17-06.

Have I been in a coma and missed the rest of the regular season? The AAS is in love with Hutto as they are with all the Pflugerville, Round Rock, and austin schools.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2006, 09:00 AM
"Hutto in 18-3A:

ROFL! I think they actually "all but sealed up the title" before the game was ever played. :D ;)

Welcome to the board! :)

wimbo_pro
10-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Very true Tiger...the AA just oozes all over Liberty Hill as well.

Maroon87
10-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Sounds like the CC Caller Times with Carroll.:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
ROFL! I think they actually "all but sealed up the title" before the game was ever played. :D ;)

Welcome to the board! :) First they get free food now they think they got 18-3a sewed up! JUST KIDDINGS! about the free food.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Very true Tiger...the AA just oozes all over Liberty Hill as well.
I think they found a new oozee this year when we changed districts. ;)

Old Tiger
10-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think they found a new oozee this year when we changed districts. ;) LH was the official AAS Region IV team! Now they are having to compete with Hutto for the official AAS Region III team :D

herewego
10-18-2006, 09:48 AM
"Hutto in 18-3A:

I noticed that this morning and rolled my eyes. Don't feel left out. They've done nothing but hype up La Grange since their dominant, overpowering, awe-inspiring seven-point win over has-been Sealy.

The Leps are much improved, no doubt, but the Hatesman thrives on certain teams and ignores others. I've seen situation many times when one of their top 10 area teams lost to a no-name team with two wins and they put the team that pulled off the upset immediately in their top five.

Beyond Westlake, they rely on other teams' stats from the week before.

Liberty Hill is EXTREMELY capable of beating Hutto. Just ask Gatesville.

hutex04
10-18-2006, 05:30 PM
i saw that quote too and thought it was stupid. It is stupid cause Hutto is far from winning district. Liberty Hill and Taylor will put up a fight. Rockdale looks like the team that everyone will beat but honestly, i think in any other district rockdale makes the playoffs. I think district will come down to the Liberty Hill/Hutto winner

LH OffseasonVet
10-18-2006, 05:49 PM
The AAS made a comment last week about this game deciding the district despite the fact that LH is ranked well above Cameron Yoe in their own poll.

I think it was Hutto @ 3. Liberty Hill @ 4, and Cameron Yoe @7.
(AAS 3A - A Central Texas poll)

I'm not complaining just pointing out the irony.

herewego
10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Actually I think LIberty Hill is better than Giddings. I'm sure this will get Darren riled, but the fight LH gave Cuero--------- dang!

Gobbla2001
10-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by herewego
Actually I think LIberty Hill is better than Giddings. I'm sure this will get Darren riled, but the fight LH gave Cuero--------- dang!

But what if Giddings is better than Cuero??? that is the question...

JR2004
10-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
Rockdale looks like the team that everyone will beat but honestly, i think in any other district rockdale makes the playoffs.

I don't think Rockdale would make the playoffs if they were in the district opposite of them, 17-3A.

LHMom
10-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by LH OffseasonVet
The AAS made a comment last week about this game deciding the district despite the fact that LH is ranked well above Cameron Yoe in their own poll.

I think it was Hutto @ 3. Liberty Hill @ 4, and Cameron Yoe @7.
(AAS 3A - A Central Texas poll)

I'm not complaining just pointing out the irony.

I wondered about that very thing.

Has anyone on here seen both LH and Hutto play this year?

ILS1
10-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
I wondered about that very thing.

Has anyone on here seen both LH and Hutto play this year?

I have!!!!!! If Hutto plays the way the did against Giddings then LH wins. If Hutto plays the way they have been the last 2 weeks,then I have to pick the Hippos!!!

About the AAS thing. I think it was too premature as well. They are a jump on the bandwagon type of paper. They were on Giddings & LH bandwagon early last year,they didn't even look at Hutto until the week of the Cuero game. All that said, this is the way I see the AAS has a thing for this year:

1. Austin Westlake
1. Giddings
3. Liberty Hill
4. Pflugerville High & Connally
5. Round Rock Westwood
6. Hutto

theyoefnshow
10-18-2006, 09:56 PM
I noticed the article and saw the quote but wrote it off as a typo....but then again....it IS the AAS....

As for Hutto....they were impressive but it's like I said, like it or not, Hutto's offense was kept in check against Cameron for the most part. Yes the score seems quite awkward but think about it.....14-7 at half is an average score for any team. We get the ball to open up the half, get back to back penalties and start the 3rd quarter 1st & 28 from the EIGHT. For whatever reason, our punter was maybe 5 yards off the line, it was partially blocked and Hutto only had to go 28 yards or so for a TD. On the following kickoff, we fumbled around the same spot....again....30 yards or less and they were there. The final TD was ANOTHER blocked punt that went straight up and was caught in the endzone. No disrespect but the kicking game KILLED Cameron. Hutto has a great team but Liberty Hill does seem to have the premier offense in our district. Their defense seems improved over past years but the key is the offense. Cameron is not the team they were last year by any means but the beating at the hands of Hutto could've gone either way. Anyway.....good luck to all teams this week!!

herewego
10-18-2006, 09:59 PM
I know, from all the hype about revenge from the playoffs, I thought for sure that Cameron would score more than 14. Gosh, Caldwell scored 28, which shows how Waters will be missed vs. La Grange.

herewego
10-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey LH,
If it makes you feel any better, the Hatesman has standings for 23-3A with Smithville beating Caldwell.

Now

that's

disrespect!

HipposGitErDun
10-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
I noticed the article and saw the quote but wrote it off as a typo....but then again....it IS the AAS....

As for Hutto....they were impressive but it's like I said, like it or not, Hutto's offense was kept in check against Cameron for the most part. Yes the score seems quite awkward but think about it.....14-7 at half is an average score for any team. We get the ball to open up the half, get back to back penalties and start the 3rd quarter 1st & 28 from the EIGHT. For whatever reason, our punter was maybe 5 yards off the line, it was partially blocked and Hutto only had to go 28 yards or so for a TD. On the following kickoff, we fumbled around the same spot....again....30 yards or less and they were there. The final TD was ANOTHER blocked punt that went straight up and was caught in the endzone. No disrespect but the kicking game KILLED Cameron. Hutto has a great team but Liberty Hill does seem to have the premier offense in our district. Their defense seems improved over past years but the key is the offense. Cameron is not the team they were last year by any means but the beating at the hands of Hutto could've gone either way. Anyway.....good luck to all teams this week!!

While I do not agree that Hutto has the district wrapped up(I think LH is VERY good) Cameron was absolutely no match for Hutto. They never came close to stopping us on offense,,, though we did a pretty good job of stopping ourselves with penalties. Camerons QB is one of the best in the state, but their defense is not capable of stopping teams that are effective at running the ball. Not only could they not stop the run, they were stacking the line and not stopping the run.

LHPfactory
10-19-2006, 01:03 PM
It will all be settled a week from tomorrow at Panther stadium. We do pretty well against a run offense, and I dont believe Hutto can slow down our offense, much less stop it. We usually put the ball on the ground a few times and get 7 to 10 penalties (10 penalties against Cuero) but have still hung with the best teams in the state. The only top dog team Hutto has played is Giddings and they were man handled. Im not gonna make any prediction but Hutto is in for a shoot out this year, however, without that big offensive line (which we out lasted and took total control around 4 minutes in to the 4th Q last year) It will be hard for them to keep up all night. Kerly is great and Wampler is very good, but I dont think its enough, will be a good game.