PDA

View Full Version : My take over our last few days....

AggieJohn
10-18-2006, 12:16 AM
I wanted to give my educated response but we all know I suck at using the right type of homonymns and spelling in general. That being said:

This site is home. It's been my homepage for over 3 years now. I try to get away from it, i think constantly "How can I move on from the DL?." Heck, I thought often about whether or not when I got married if my wife was going to think it was childish and make me give it up(she runs a tight ship). But alas, I've seen pretty craptastic days on this board, and i've seen some amazing things done. Infact, I think we've done both over the last few days, but we have to move on from here.

The Moderators are amazing here, but they are human. Their are 4 moderators and they have become the backbone. However, in contrast their are over 2000 members registered or whatever. We have about 200 regulars. That's alot of opinions. That's a lot of emotions.

I think message boards were "created" with the intention to be smack sites, but WE'RE different.

This isn't a smack site.
This isn't your best Jim Rome rant.
This isn't the school yard.
This isn't your place to debate whether or not you can pee farther than your fellow poster

This is a circle of friends.
This is a place of information.
This is your chance to be a junior reporter.
This is a plateau for you too share the most very basic thing that brought you to this site: High School Football

I love this site. I did a thread time about the fact that you have to wait 30 seconds inbetween posts and that if you calculated that some of these people would of have posted for several days straight now. People's passion for this site is amazing, and I wondered why until I finally got "hooked" and shot up into the the top ten list. I would never ever want to be rommed, but at the same time I would hope that my ideas and reflections and my contributions to this site would be remembered.

I will have to give up this site one day. My degree demands it, my life goals demand it, my wife will eventually demand it, but until that day I ask that each and everyone of you, posters all the way too matt would consider the fact that ever single post that you make you ask yourself one question when you start to type, "does this further the board or does it bring it back too the dark days."

Flame away.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-18-2006, 12:23 AM
This is one of the few times AJ has made since. :clap:

AggieJohn
10-18-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
This is one of the few times AJ has made since. :clap: sense

MagicMan
10-18-2006, 12:25 AM
why does everybody have to make their own thread to say the same things in their own words? this is getting dumb. you're all a bunch of hypocrites. everyone will be good for a while and then it will start up again. it always does.

Old Tiger
10-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Congratulations AJ on your first serious post asside from your marriage post.:clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
sense

You're on the ball tonight. Apparently I'm not, though. :thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan
why does everybody have to make their own thread to say the same things in their own words? this is getting dumb. you're all a bunch of hypocrites. everyone will be good for a while and then it will start up again. it always does.

They want to be just like me, I think.

AggieJohn
10-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Congratulations AJ on your first serious post asside from your marriage post.:clap:

actually, this (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31539&highlight=serious) was

Old Tiger
10-18-2006, 12:32 AM
acctual, this (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31539&highlight=serious) was The point is I gave you credit! :mad: :p

AggieJohn
10-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
The point is I gave you credit! :mad: :p POINT taken

DU_stud04
10-18-2006, 01:24 AM
POINT taken
+1 cool :D

3afan
10-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by MagicMan

leave ........

99IHSMustang
10-18-2006, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
leave ........

I agree.... Why do people always have to turn something positive into something negative. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Good post AJ.