PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents on the Moderators

Bull Butter
10-17-2006, 11:00 PM
They are all doing a great job!

The thing that is taking 3A Downlow down is the abundance of non-3A related posts. I know, we're like one big family here and we like to talk about different things. That's OK. But more and more it's the same things being argued about ad nauseum.

I love College Football as much as anyone, but I am sick of all the UT-A&M bickering on here. If you wanna spend all day arguing about that, there are 2 great sites out there---HornFans.com & TexAgs.com. This is a 3A site and the focus should remain on that---3A High School Sports. It is the greatest High School Football site there is, but we need to keep it that way. Not letting it get cluttered up with all this unnecessary flaming. Let's face it, no one on here is going to change AJ's mind about A&M. Nobody is gonna convince Adidas, KTJ, Tiger WR and Phil that anyone is better than UT. Anyone that has visited this site in the past knows that. I don't see why it has to be argued about day after day.

Sometimes I think that I'm the only one who feels this way. That I'm the only one who would like to see this get back to being a 3A site.

OK, now stepping down off the soapbox:)

sinton66
10-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Don't feel alone that way, I've actually said it about a dozen times.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
I love College Football as much as anyone, but I am sick of all the UT-A&M bickering on here. If you wanna spend all day arguing about that, there are 2 great sites out there---HornFans.com & TexAgs.com.
I'm certainly glad to hear there are others who feel that way! :)

Hupernikomen
10-17-2006, 11:32 PM
here here.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 11:43 PM
I don't even have 2 cents :(

Pudlugger
10-18-2006, 12:50 AM
I agree, let's keep the focus on 3a football. I have to remind myself sometimes. I appreciate thoughtful and informative posts on the teams I'm following. That's why I follow this board.:)

AggieJohn
10-18-2006, 12:54 AM
moratorium for UT/A&M bashing until 3 days before the big game

Adidas410s
10-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I love College Football as much as anyone, but I am sick of all the UT-A&M bickering on here.

Agreed! :thumbsup:

Nobody is gonna convince Adidas, KTJ, Tiger WR and Phil that anyone is better than UT. Anyone that has visited this site in the past knows that. I don't see why it has to be argued about day after day.

umm...how did I get lumped in with the rest of them??? :confused: You might want to sub in WTXLonghorn for me. You'll find me at many a Tech game this season...not at a Texas game. I will support all of the Texas schools when they aren't playing each other...but I'm by no means a UT homer! ;)

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You might want to sub in WTXLonghorn for me.
You might want to go back a page or two.... ;)

Maroon87
10-18-2006, 08:42 AM
This week has been bizarro world. The Downlow is full of turmoil while the 4A site (on Calallen/Flour Bluff week) is very calm. Strange...:thinking:

The mods here are doing a good job. Keep it up!:cool:

Adidas410s
10-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You might want to go back a page or two.... ;)

let me guess...he got the boot yesterday evening? My internet was down at home last night and will be until Thursday night. I share with the girls next door (my router, their service) but they are in Indiana until then for work and I don't have a way to power cycle the router in the mean time.

DaHop72
10-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
let me guess...he got the boot yesterday evening? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chris Hart
10-18-2006, 03:41 PM
My sentiments exactly Bull...:clap:

Chris Hart
10-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Didn't like the number my last post ended in...

carter08
10-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Didn't like the number my last post ended in...

:devil: DEMON!!!

Gobbla2001
10-18-2006, 04:22 PM
what does this thread have to do with 3A football? :confused:

carter08
10-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
what does this thread have to do with 3A football? :confused:

absolutly nothing

say it again :D

Scholar
10-18-2006, 10:41 PM
I too would like to thank the moderators and administrators for their fine work. It's a thankless job, but it's necessary for a board like this to operate. We should be thankful for this board, and not take advantage, as it can be taken away at any moment. In addition, I do not have access to 60 IP addresses like some of you do. Now I must go fight more bokors (3A bokors mind you).

olddawggreen
10-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Maybe, since the downlow has gotten so big, the Administrator's plan that basicly had a different room for general discussion and for each sport would work. It was put in place on the 4A site when it was started, but wasn't really working that good because there were so few members and discussions at that time.
Or, just leave it alone and don't click on topics that don't interest you:thinking:

Maroon87
10-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Or, just leave it alone and don't click on topics that don't interest you:thinking:

It's easier for some to gripe instead.:doh:

Adidas410s
10-19-2006, 09:10 AM
I still wanna know when I became a UT apologist??? :confused: