PDA

View Full Version : What kind of fan are you?

kepdawg
10-17-2006, 07:47 PM
If I need to explain the question further let me know.

kepdawg
10-17-2006, 08:04 PM
I am a quiet fan, usually very quiet. I do not need all the extras associated with the game. Fancy stadiums, big bands, and tasty food is nice, but I'll be okay with out all that. At home games I listen to the game on the radio and am content just watching the game. I don't need to stand, jump up and down, or yell. I love talking about the game and I usually keep the ignorant fans around me clued in on what is going on.

sww-bull52
10-17-2006, 08:23 PM
I show up one hour early to set up our tunnel. I don't sit down the whole game. If you fear for your safety, don't sit next to me and my friends. This includes your ear drums. We have been known to knock each other and/or loved ones down with all the high fives going around. We are usually some of the very last ones to leave the field/stadium after the game. I know each and every player personally.

Yup, I'm a normal texas high school football fanatic!

carter08
10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
i sit around. talk to friends. when theres a TD, i stand up. I clap. I sit down. Rinse lather Repeat

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 08:28 PM
I stand up the entire game on the 50 yard line, yell to the players, yell at the refs, and just be loud. Good times.

bobcat1
10-17-2006, 08:30 PM
I show up one hour early to set up our tunnel. I don't sit down the whole game. If you fear for your safety, don't sit next to me and my friends. This includes your ear drums. We have been known to knock each other and/or loved ones down with all the high fives going around. We are usually some of the very last ones to leave the field/stadium after the game. I know each and every player personally. Yup, I'm a normal texas high school football fanatic!

Me and you,:thumbsup: but we don't have a blow up tunnel. We do have a smoke machine and victory line.

sww-bull52
10-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Me and you,:thumbsup: but we don't have a blow up tunnel. We do have a smoke machine and victory line.

Our tunnel is HUGE!!! We just got a smoke machine. Beats the heck out of fire ext.

bobcat1
10-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Beats the heck out of fire ext.
ROTFLMHO

sww-bull52
10-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
ROTFLMHO :eek: :thumbsup:

GreenMachine
10-17-2006, 08:50 PM
I am pretty vocal and stand most of the time. I have always been a huge Gobbler fan having been born, raised, and played here. I have two boys who bleed green just like me! :)

GreenMachine
10-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Oh yea, I just love good high school football :clap:

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
It depends if I've got a son on the team or not. I'm always loud, regardless, and always have the cowbell(s) going. If my son is on the field, I'm just a little louder. :D

I don't care about stadiums as long as I can see. And I only sit down during time-outs or part of half-time.

LHMom
10-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Ditto.

Loud. Cowbell. Stand up.

CenTexSports
10-17-2006, 09:38 PM
I arrive at the games 2 hours before kickoff.
I never root for either team playing.
I am one of the last to leave the field.
I could not care less who wins.
I seldom see the same team play twice in one season.

gobble_up03
10-17-2006, 10:15 PM
i attended every game in high school (i was in the band!) now i try to make any game i can (between texas games and cuero games, i stay busy), and alternate standing or sitting, but i do stand up and yell,even though i'm no longer a student, i sit in the student section, even though we have reserve seats, just because some times its a little more lively :)

44INAROW
10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
I've been there during the good times and not so good times. I attended all the games in high school (44 wins in a row) I think I've only missed 2 games in at least 18 - 20 years - game against West Oso in 2004 (My grandmothers 99th birthday) scrimmage against La Grange in 2006 - (my Grandmother's funeral)..... I've had a son in a Gobbler uniform since 1988 - this is the last year to watch one of my son's play. Bitter-sweet year for me. But I will be there next year cheering on the Gobblers :)

Bulldog_12
10-17-2006, 10:34 PM
I am a LIVID fan. lol I am told I am very intesnse when the Ags play. It takes a very special person to watch the games with me when they are on tv and be able to enjoy it. lol I yell and scream and do anything it takes to get everyone around me to get into the game and be loud.

Swarm 51
10-17-2006, 11:57 PM
I am an intense fan. I find myself getting too caught up in the game. I usually stand most of the time. Is a good thing I am friends with those I sit with as I am also a "toucher" fan. Enjoy giving a high-five or lightly hitting someone's arm or shoulder when we score or make a good play.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Swarm 51
Enjoy giving a high-five or lightly hitting someone's arm or shoulder when we score or make a good play.
I've been known to do that! :D

AggieJohn
10-18-2006, 12:26 AM
i am a fan that regrets not playing, which has probably led to me to becoming an Umpire

Old Tiger
10-18-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm a fan that is not bias asside from UT but i'm not that bias towards them. If I see my team does not have a chance I'll express my opinion.