PDA

View Full Version : Old Cardinal

JasperDog94
10-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Anyone seen or heard from him in a while? I kind of miss his East Texas ramblings.

pirate4state
10-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Anyone seen or heard from him in a while? I kind of miss his East Texas ramblings. Me too!!! :( I hope everything is okay with him & his family!!

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm with you two also.

shankbear
10-17-2006, 02:37 PM
I have had scattered sightings of the seldom seen OC. His granddaughter is a cheerleader at BC. And a great softball player.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 02:38 PM
I miss talking softball with him :(

pirate4state
10-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I miss talking softball with him :( Hopefully he will return before softball season!! :)

3ABirdMan
10-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Mrs. OC still has some lingering health issues - not like on the death-bed or anything, but issues still the same. He gets out and about - I see him pretty regularly - Usually weekly at church, but I've missed the last 3 for softball, and haven't seen him since the Silsbee football game on 10-6.

I will send your regards when I see him next.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Mrs. OC still has some lingering health issues - not like on the death-bed or anything, but issues still the same. He gets out and about - I see him pretty regularly - Usually weekly at church, but I've missed the last 3 for softball, and haven't seen him since the Silsbee football game on 10-6.

I will send your regards when I see him next.

Send him my regards as well. Tell him that BBDE said the Democrats will rise again....That should bring him back.

griff
10-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Send him my regards as well. Tell him that BBDE said the Democrats will rise again....That should bring him back.

Now, that's cruel. Why would you want to give an old man false hope?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by griff
Now, that's cruel. Why would you want to give an old man false hope?

He's a Republican. Many of the posters who have been here for an extended period of time will probably be the only ones who understand...

shankbear
10-17-2006, 04:52 PM
He is a very smart investment counselor. He has helped a bunch of people make a buttload of money. You know....those fatcat rich Republicans.........lol. Has Karl Rove's cell number I am sure.

BTEXDAD
10-17-2006, 04:54 PM

There were a number of Democrats(Alec Baldwin, Streisand, Clooney, Natalie from dixie chicks) who said they were going to leave country if Bush got elected again in 2004.
I was hoping they WOULD leave and start their own country somewhere else, but they're still hanging around.
I'm kidding, BBDE.

Seriously, not only Old Cardinal, but there aren't many if any posts from Bridge City people any more. Did someone make them mad?

griff
10-17-2006, 04:54 PM
He's a Republican. Many of the posters who have been here for an extended period of time will probably be the only ones who understand...

Gotcha. Thanks for explaining. I remember Old Cardinal, but I must not have read the "political" threads he spoke into. I do recall his ranting about a few other items.

SintonFan
10-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
He is a very smart investment counselor. He has helped a bunch of people make a buttload of money. You know....those fatcat rich Republicans.........lol. Has Karl Rove's cell number I am sure.
lol
Can I have Carl's number?:D I'm a good little conservative.:devil:

shankbear
10-17-2006, 06:12 PM
1-800-votegop.

Paratrooper
10-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Old Cardinal is doing fine......Ms. Old Cardinal has had some bouts and was hospitalized but she is doing fine. Old Cardinal doesn't like to get on here much anymore. Mainly because Ms. Old Cardinal has ROM'd him from the boards....LOL. You think I am kidding I have tried every trick in the book to get him back on here but all married men know the deal and can probably understand keeping the peace.....LOL Also they had a couple of folks that accused him of making some statements that he didn't say and well to be honest it peeved him off. You would have to know Old Cardinal. He is opinionated but he is a God fearing man and wouldn't harm a flea. He is still active at the highschool games and watches his granddaughter every chance he gets. However, he still reads these boards.

pirate4state
10-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks paratrooper.

Since you read occassional Old Card (I've seen you) I hope you can reach an accord with your wife come softball time!! Our Sinton Lady Pirates will be making some more noise this season and hope to end up in Austin!! :thumbsup:

Paratrooper
10-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Well, this thread has helped me figure out who 3Abirdman is.

3ABirdman, hope your family is doing fine. If Old Card didn't tell you I will be headed back over to Afghanistan but I should be back home in December before I have to leave. Hopefully we can all break bread together.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Tell him to come back for just one more political bout with me. I miss those days....

Matthew328
10-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Tell Old Card I said hello..he is missed!!

Paratrooper
10-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Tell Old Card I said hello..he is missed!!

Will do. Hopefully I can get him back on the boards.

olddawggreen
10-18-2006, 08:29 AM

Thats what they think........http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5062/clintonbabybk9.jpg (http://imageshack.us) http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7062/haloweenscareug6.png (http://imageshack.us);) ;) ;) ;)

Old Tiger
10-18-2006, 08:32 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and I hope that she will get better. I hope everything remaines fine in his household.

JasperDog94
10-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Tell him we promise not to call him "Old Crow" for at least a week if he comes back.:D

Seriously, all my best to him and his family.

duckbutter
10-18-2006, 10:01 AM
I've always enjoyed OC's thoughts and agreed with him often, even if it was politically incorrect.:D Take care Brother.....

3ABirdMan
10-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
..........Seriously, not only Old Cardinal, but there aren't many if any posts from Bridge City people any more. Did someone make them mad?

Not mad. Just busy! I still read up, to catch up (but I did miss the PPHS thing ?), when I can. We have a new board down here - **********.com (http://www.**********.com) - that has ALOT of local SouthEast Texas stuff on it. It has a section for

:clap: SOFTBALL :clap:

where I personally know about 75% of the posters, and it holds my attention frequently. And being down here in the corner by ourselves, it's hard to get to personally know alot of you guys - I guess we're the distant cousins in this family that nobody ever sees.

So we're still around, we just haven't had a lot to crow about this season - YET!:D

And I did see OC last night at the Volleyball game, and told him he was still a topic of conversation - But this time it was GOOD!

shankbear
10-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Yup, and the crowd was rockin'. OC supports BC sports bigtime.

Paratrooper
10-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Yup, and the crowd was rockin'. OC supports BC sports bigtime.

Yes he does!!! He actually played for Bridge City back in the 1950's as a guard. He has either participated or watched Bridge City football since its beginning. That is a whole bunch of football. From the state years in the 60's to the good teams in the 70's, the not so good in the 80's and 90's and the good teams since 00. It is rare that he has ever missed one game. The only time I think he ever has missed a game has been when he has a conference for the church.