5. Lousiville
6. Texas
7. Auburn
8. Florida
9. Notre Dame
10. California

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 12:34 PM
hmm...who is Lousiville? Wasn't that the community college in I Love Lucy? :thinking:

injuredinmelee
10-17-2006, 12:34 PM
1. Ohio State
2 Michigan
3. USC
4. Texas
5. Louisville
6. West Virginia
7. Florida
8. Auburn
9. California
10. LSU

injuredinmelee
10-17-2006, 12:36 PM
I guess I dont understand the BCS having Tesxa as low as it did. Esp with joke Louisiville and West Virginia ahead of them.

STXBramha
10-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Id say put either WVU or Louisville ahead...Not both

injuredinmelee
10-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by STXBramha
Id say put either WVU or Louisville ahead...Not both
I just dont think WVU schedule warrants a ranking this high.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 12:40 PM
It's early in the season a lot can happen.

pirateman98
10-17-2006, 12:42 PM
I am more of an Aggie fan, but I will say that it is a crock of **** that Texas is as low as they are. I would have put them 5 or 6 but 8 does not make too much sense. I am not a sports guru, but I know enough to have them a little higher than where they are at now.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 12:44 PM
It's my poll and they are at 6!!!!:mad: :mad:

JasperDog94
10-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Since the computers have Texas at 15, I would love to see Texas (15) play Rutgers (14).:D :D :D

GreenMachine
10-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
1. Ohio St
2. Michigan
3. USC
4. West Virginia
5. Lousiville
6. Texas
7. Auburn
8. Florida
9. Notre Dame
10. California 1. Ohio State 2. Michigan 3. USC 4. Notre Dame 5. Texas 6. Auburn 7. Florida 8. Louisville 9. West Virginia 10. California I even have Texas higher than #6.

JasperDog94
10-17-2006, 01:18 PM
IMO Texas would beat Notre Dame by 2 touchdowns.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
IMO Texas would beat Notre Dame by 2 touchdowns.

Depends on if we had our secondary healthy or not. If Tarrel Brown and Marcus Griffin were back and 100% we'd beat them by 3-4. If not, it'd be a dogfight with Quinn passing over the top all day. Tho I think Robison and Crowder would probably have some success getting to him.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Depends on if we had our secondary healthy or not. If Tarrel Brown and Marcus Griffin were back and 100% we'd beat them by 3-4. If not, it'd be a dogfight with Quinn passing over the top all day. Tho I think Robison and Crowder would probably have some success getting to him. You see signs of greatness from Beasley and Joseph. I can't wait till these youngsters grow up and play big time.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 01:29 PM
You see signs of greatness from Beasley and Joseph. I can't wait till these youngsters grow up and play big time.

Agreed.

JasperDog94
10-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Let's see:

Baylor loses by 2 to Washington St.
USC barely beats Washington St. (bad clock management by the refs to deny Washington St. another shot at the end of the game)
Texas mauls Baylor

So USC is above Texas only because Texas had the guts to play Ohio St.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Let's see:

Baylor loses by 2 to Washington St.
USC barely beats Washington St. (bad clock management by the refs to deny Washington St. another shot at the end of the game)
Texas mauls Baylor

So USC is above Texas only because Texas had the guts to play Ohio St. That's the only reason Texas has a loss. I'm not making excuses that is the truth. If Texas plays just a mediocre team instead of Ohio St. they are ranked #2.

JasperDog94
10-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Yep.

GreenMachine
10-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Depends on if we had our secondary healthy or not. If Tarrel Brown and Marcus Griffin were back and 100% we'd beat them by 3-4. If not, it'd be a dogfight with Quinn passing over the top all day. Tho I think Robison and Crowder would probably have some success getting to him. This is my OPINION, so don't ask me again if I contribute anything meaningful to this sight. I think ND and Texas are very close, with not more than a touchdown seperating them. Not 3 or 4 like you say.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 01:38 PM
In my honest opinion I would like to see Texas continue to play top notch programs prior to playing in the Big XII.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
This is my OPINION, so don't ask me again if I contribute anything meaningful to this sight. I think ND and Texas are very close, with not more than a touchdown seperating them. Not 3 or 4 like you say.

To this sight? "so don't ask me again if I contribute anything meaningful to this SITE"

:thumbsup:

And why would I? You posted an opinion and not insulting drivel.:D

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 01:40 PM
In my honest opinion I would like to see Texas continue to play top notch programs prior to playing in the Big XII.

Agreed.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
On another note would yall like me to keep posting a revised BCS standings like I see it fit weekly?

JasperDog94
10-17-2006, 02:15 PM
On another note would yall like me to keep posting a revised BCS standings like I see it fit weekly? Would you listen to us if we said no?;) :D :D

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 02:16 PM
That's besides the point :p

GreenMachine
10-17-2006, 02:16 PM
To this sight? "so don't ask me again if I contribute anything meaningful to this SITE"

:thumbsup:

And why would I? You posted an opinion and not insulting drivel.:D My first misspelled word on the DL got caught. :D

g$$
10-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Remember, & I don't agree with it either, strength of schedule & margin of victory no longer figure into the BCS computations. They changed it.

The incentive to play big non-conference games is not there. Texas & Ohio St. should be commended for playing each other. But that contract was done before they changed the rules. Thus, you will see less marquee match-ups early in the season.

BCS stinks, but I think most of you fail to give credit to WVU. They're pretty darn good & have lots of speed. Can they throw the ball? - we'll find out soon.

g$$
10-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Let me clarify my previous post please. BCS is 2/3 polls & 1/3 computer rankings. USA Today & Harris polls w/ 6 different computer services (AP withdrew from BCS). Within the computer rankings strength of schedule is factored into the #s. SOS is no longer an individual element unto itself, but it does factor into the 1/3 part of the equation a little bit. It just does not matter as much anymore. I don't know how much it is weighed though.

Bottom line, we need a playoff b/c this BCS stuff is confusing & unfair at times. Too many hurdles to overcome right now w/ the bowl structure, etc. to make it happen unfortunately.

Still say Ohio State & WVU for NC game.

MagicMan
10-17-2006, 04:53 PM
i think usc will forsure lose so we dont have to worry about them playin in the NC....however if the michigan vs ohio state goes down to the wire and is close according to some guys on espn they could rematch and play in the national championship....i would have no problem with that as long as texas doesnt get to play in it and get stomped by osu again....i even kinda like texas but i would like to see someone else get their chance to take out osu in the NC, texas had their chance earlier in the year

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i think usc will forsure lose so we dont have to worry about them playin in the NC....however if the michigan vs ohio state goes down to the wire and is close according to some guys on espn they could rematch and play in the national championship....i would have no problem with that as long as texas doesnt get to play in it and get stomped by osu again....i even kinda like texas but i would like to see someone else get their chance to take out osu in the NC, texas had their chance earlier in the year I don't think that would happen(Michigan/OSU) rematch. Especially if there is an undefeated team. That would cause so much hell.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i think usc will forsure lose so we dont have to worry about them playin in the NC....however if the michigan vs ohio state goes down to the wire and is close according to some guys on espn they could rematch and play in the national championship....i would have no problem with that as long as texas doesnt get to play in it and get stomped by osu again....i even kinda like texas but i would like to see someone else get their chance to take out osu in the NC, texas had their chance earlier in the year

Hard to think that Texas would get stomped again.

Turnovers and having players injured/out was what killed us in that game and it was still close until the end of the 4th quarter.

With the way Colt's been improving each week I think it'd be an awesome game if all our guys were healthy.

MagicMan
10-17-2006, 08:00 PM
USC barely beats two unworthy opponents and is ranked #1 by the computers. notre dame gets murdered by michigan and barely escapes g tech and msu with wins and is ahead of texas. i know the standings will be much different at the end of the year but after seeing this the ncaa has to do something to change the system. auburn and florida shouldnt be allowed to lose and just stay ranked that high because they are in the SEC.