PDA

View Full Version : What's the record for posts/replies for Newbies

Fotbol
10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
My question about being a mod, has to be a record by a newbie:clap: or Maybe I'm and Oldie;)

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 10:43 AM
there were a few newbies that could light a flame pretty quick. You just happened to post something that provided another thread for which to be hijacked and discuss recent events.

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-17-2006, 10:49 AM
im pretty sure your a rookie here. you dont have the personality of a weathered poster here yet. and like many others have said, being a mod sucks. not that i am or have ever been one, but come on, you are the bad guy for roming someone's best friend. there arent really any cool extras that come with the job, save maybe closing a thread that breaks the rules. being a mod would be kinda like a hall monitor in school, you might get to get out of a few minutes of class here and there, but in the end, people will dislike something you have said or done because of your authority.

herewego
10-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
im pretty sure your a rookie here. you dont have the personality of a weathered poster here yet. and like many others have said, being a mod sucks. not that i am or have ever been one, but come on, you are the bad guy for roming someone's best friend. there arent really any cool extras that come with the job, save maybe closing a thread that breaks the rules. being a mod would be kinda like a hall monitor in school, you might get to get out of a few minutes of class here and there, but in the end, people will dislike something you have said or done because of your authority.

Perhaps, but I do think some become mods to gain immunity from ROMs and to censor a few who might enlighten others on issues besides football or so I've heard.

Butkus
10-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by herewego
Perhaps, but I do think some become mods to gain immunity from ROMs and to censor a few who might enlighten others on issues besides football or so I've heard. :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Perhaps, but I do think some become mods to gain immunity from ROMs and to censor a few who might enlighten others on issues besides football or so I've heard.

mods are not immune from ROM's. They've been ROM'd before! ;)

pirate4state
10-17-2006, 10:57 AM
im pretty sure your a rookie here. you dont have the personality of a weathered poster here yet. and like many others have said, being a mod sucks. not that i am or have ever been one, but come on, you are the bad guy for roming someone's best friend. there arent really any cool extras that come with the job, save maybe closing a thread that breaks the rules. being a mod would be kinda like a hall monitor in school, you might get to get out of a few minutes of class here and there, but in the end, people will dislike something you have said or done because of your authority. :clap: :clap: :clap:

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Perhaps, but I do think some become mods to gain immunity from ROMs and to censor a few who might enlighten others on issues besides football or so I've heard. mods arent immune. there have been mods here who were banned. and censorship is really to keep it family oriented so children the could potentially get on here dont get sieged by the internet "dark side." that i have seen, aside from politics, and a few other things that are obviously not allowed here, there really is no boundary as to what you can post about.

herewego
10-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
mods are not immune from ROM's. They've been ROM'd before! ;)

.... but something tells me it has to be pretty violent or slanderous to get ousted.

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 11:01 AM
.... but something tells me it has to be pretty violent or slanderous to get ousted.

This was good banter...this is when 2 mods were temporarily ROM'd! ;)

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43123&highlight=april+and+fools

Hansum Stranger
10-17-2006, 11:05 AM

Not always true.

herewego
10-17-2006, 11:11 AM
mods arent immune. there have been mods here who were banned. and censorship is really to keep it family oriented so children the could potentially get on here dont get sieged by the internet "dark side." that i have seen, aside from politics, and a few other things that are obviously not allowed here, there really is no boundary as to what you can post about.

If they banned high school (even junior high) kids from the chatrooms for using XXX-rated language, that feature wouldn't exist. Yet those are the ones older posters aren't supposed to use language around. I understand that posts last longer than chats but it does indicate the "adult" level of high school posters until someone addresses them on here for being disrespectful.

I guess my point here is young kids come on here wanting to get verbally abusive on the chatrooms but others label them victims if someone says something to them remotely negative on here about a team they play for. Double standards have always been a pet peeve of mine.

Football in Texas is a very serious subject, we all agree. Friday Night Lights is a miniscule example of politics. I just think that kids playing varsity who read about their team should be alerted to what they might find here. Often it's about their program, not their current team personally.

It may seem silly to folks near skyscrapers, but in some small towns, it's all the only real news of the week.

Fotbol
10-17-2006, 11:17 AM
im pretty sure your a rookie here. you dont have the personality of a weathered poster here yet. and like many others have said, being a mod sucks. not that i am or have ever been one, but come on, you are the bad guy for roming someone's best friend. there arent really any cool extras that come with the job, save maybe closing a thread that breaks the rules. being a mod would be kinda like a hall monitor in school, you might get to get out of a few minutes of class here and there, but in the end, people will dislike something you have said or done because of your authority. If you really think I'm a rookie, I could snd you a message and tell you a who I am and you would say oh! Jason what r u doing here, but I'm not really Jason:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
This was good banter...this is when 2 mods were temporarily ROM'd! ;)

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43123&highlight=april+and+fools i vaguely remember that thread. definately a good job. also jacket2001 was rom'ed long ago. he is still in purgatory for that...but idk that he has returned to care.

oldcrow
10-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Leon has the record with his post being viewed more than any!FYI:D

big daddy russ
10-17-2006, 11:52 AM
How many posts did P44 and PirateBG rack up after their first years? 3K? 4K? Anyone? Bueller?

RMAC
10-17-2006, 12:31 PM
I know since the start of football last year, or maybe the year before, gump has gone from like 700-ish to close to 10K.