PDA

View Full Version : Hierarchy of 3A Downlow

Underwater Basketweaver
10-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Ok, I am curious about the hierarchy of the downlow. Who is the owner of this board? I know there is Administrator, but is that just Matthew328, only when it is official downlow business, or are they two different people? And then I notice that Gobbla2001 actually joined a day earlier than Matthew328. So is Gobbla the first official member outside of the Administrator. And how did those who are moderator's become moderator's. Just curious. I think the mod's do a good job, I'm not trying to stir anything up. I would just like to know the early history of the downlow.

raider red 2000
10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
Ok, I am curious about the hierarchy of the downlow. Who is the owner of this board? I know there is Administrator, but is that just Matthew328, only when it is official downlow business, or are they two different people? And then I notice that Gobbla2001 actually joined a day earlier than Matthew328. So is Gobbla the first official member outside of the Administrator. And how did those who are moderator's become moderator's. Just curious. I think the mod's do a good job, I'm not trying to stir anything up. I would just like to know the early history of the downlow.

all i know is that i am ner the bottom of teh totem pole. :)

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Gobbla is one of the founders of the downlow. Matthew and Admin are 2 different people. There used to be some different mods...then there was a "day of reckoning" and some changes were made for the better. There are others that can give you more detailed information and there is a thread somewhere about the history of the downlow.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 10:23 AM
There was no Downlow until I got here....

kaorder1999
10-17-2006, 10:24 AM
its hard to believe that the Downlow has been around so long...that is awesome

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Gary coming to the downlow was similar to the second coming of Christ.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Gary coming to the downlow was similar to the second coming of Christ.

It's true ladies and gentlemen.

eagles_victory
10-17-2006, 10:34 AM
im not one to give away my sources but ive heard rumors im in line to become the next great 3adownlow mod :D

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
im not one to give away my sources but ive heard rumors im in line to become the next great 3adownlow mod :D

what's sad is that you are your own source! ;)

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 10:35 AM
and here is the write up that Russ put together...it gives a pretty good overview:

Originally posted by big daddy russ
Here it, the surprise of the Lowies. This one is the Lifetime Acheivement Award and the TWO winners will be enshrined in my own personal Downlow Hall of Fame.

Five candidates. You get to pick two. Like the other two posted right now, this one lasts until Friday.

The nominees are....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gobbla2k1- The reason this board was here in the first place. This was the guy... well, this was the kid... who started the little forum that has turned into the 3aDownlow.

How old were you when you started this? Seventeen or so?

Was the proprietor, one of the original moderators, and is still a key member of the forum.

Although his role has diminished due to increased responsibilities, his fingerprints are all over the board.

You know what, nix that. This board IS his and Matt328's fingerprint. Which brings us to...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew328- Like I said earlier, Gobbla had to scale back his responsibilities on the Downlow as his responsibilities in the real world grew, and when that happened the brunt of the load fell squarely into the lap of his partner in crime, Matt.

Matt was one of the original proprietors of the site along with Gobbla, but has helped maintain this site since its inception. Even today, he brings his expertise on the high school landscape to the Downlow.

Who were the original guys who ranked the teams in the different regions? If I remember correctly, toby, bearcat, j2k, and MATT.

Who took over when one of the other mods could no longer do it? That's right, Matt was doing the rankings for two regions.

And our weekly state rankings? All Matt.

LH Panther Mom- One of the four who took over when the first group of moderators left. Also has more posts than all but two people on the DL (PhilC/PhiIC has a few more than her or RM).

She kinda reminds me of my 'momma' and was one of the original mommas of the board. She also has one set of rankings that Matt will never have-- the POOH Ranking system.

Is always there to settle the board down when it gets wound up and (at least it seems like) is always in good spirits.

Ranger Mom- The 'mom next door,' RM's taken on the role of Downlow sweetheart/stud-woman. She's also kind of the Sheriff of the DL, moderating problems as much as possible. A lot like LHPM, she's always there to wind things down whenever the board gets wound up.

Trails Phil by less than 100 posts for numero uno all-time, but is number one on the DL in date requests. Combine the times that she's been asked out with the times some of the young 'uns have asked her to ask her daughter out, and it's somewhere in the neighborhood of Adidas' post count during the last year.

That number's about as small as President Taft.

Sinton66- If RM's the Sheriff, 66 is her Colt .45.

This is the guy who's never been afraid to step on some toes if they're stepping on everyone else's, and is one of the big reasons the Downlow has remained such a family-friendly site through it all. Was the post leader through much of the earlier years of the DL, but has 'fallen off the wagon' (if you can call it that ;)) and has 'slipped' to fourth on the list of top posters.

Still, he was one of the guys who has held the board together through it all and has done as much for the board as anyone.

big daddy russ
10-17-2006, 12:11 PM
The way I understand it, Gobbla and bearcat1 used to be buds on either the old Pig, TexPreps, or one of those sites. Gobbla had already started his own little message board, a Cuero board, but as it grew Administrator (whose name also happens to be Matt, just not the same guy as Matt328) stepped in and offered to help out getting this board started.

Gobbla and Bearcat teamed up, and brought Matt328 into the fold. As everything became more organized, a few more moderators stepped in. When I got here in the Spring of 2002 (I had another name before I registered as big daddy russ, just couldn't remember any of my info after being AWOL that summer) there were five moderators, plus Admin.

Gobbla was kind of the "overseer" while the four others maintained the regional pages, another part of the original Downlow which has since died. Matt328 (from the D/FW area), bearcat1 (Aledo, I think), Jacket2000 (from Stephenville???), and toby (San Marcos) were the other moderators back then. Those regional pages I was talking about had top-ten rankings, district standings/lineups, every team in 3A and its mascot, etc. I know toby was our R4 guy, and I want to say Matt took care of R1, but I can't exactly remember.

But anyways, bearcat, Gobbla, and toby's participation in the board slowly declined as other areas of life demanded their attention, and before you knew it Matt was going to college, working, and running the board by himself. J2K also helped, but there wound up being a shakeup (during my second time AWOL, don't remember all of what happened, but I remember that it was just a big miscommunication) where J2K left and Matt was left with the sole responsibility of the Downlow.

That was entirely too much, with all the regional pages and such, for one man to run. So the regional pages were nixed and Matt started looking elsewhere for help.

That's when the newest wave of mods were introduced to the board. LHPM, Sinton66, Slpy, and RangerMom.

The details may be a little off, but from what I understand of everything that's pretty much how it shook out. Gobbla and Matt could help you out more with all the fuzzy areas.

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Russ...I must say that I just re-read this thing that you wrote about RM and I couldn't stop laughing! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Trails Phil by less than 100 posts for numero uno all-time, but is number one on the DL in date requests. Combine the times that she's been asked out with the times some of the young 'uns have asked her to ask her daughter out, and it's somewhere in the neighborhood of Adidas' post count during the last year.

That number's about as small as President Taft.

EricDraven
10-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Chuck Norris. He is the Down Low.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 12:46 PM
The way I understand it, Gobbla and bearcat1 used to be buds on either the old Pig, TexPreps, or one of those sites. Gobbla had already started his own little message board, a Cuero board, but as it grew Administrator (whose name also happens to be Matt, just not the same guy as Matt328) stepped in and offered to help out getting this board started.

Gobbla and Bearcat teamed up, and brought Matt328 into the fold. As everything became more organized, a few more moderators stepped in. When I got here in the Spring of 2002 (I had another name before I registered as big daddy russ, just couldn't remember any of my info after being AWOL that summer) there were five moderators, plus Admin.

Gobbla was kind of the "overseer" while the four others maintained the regional pages, another part of the original Downlow which has since died. Matt328 (from the D/FW area), bearcat1 (Aledo, I think), Jacket2000 (from Stephenville???), and toby (San Marcos) were the other moderators back then. Those regional pages I was talking about had top-ten rankings, district standings/lineups, every team in 3A and its mascot, etc. I know toby was our R4 guy, and I want to say Matt took care of R1, but I can't exactly remember.

But anyways, bearcat, Gobbla, and toby's participation in the board slowly declined as other areas of life demanded their attention, and before you knew it Matt was going to college, working, and running the board by himself. J2K also helped, but there wound up being a shakeup (during my second time AWOL, don't remember all of what happened, but I remember that it was just a big miscommunication) where J2K left and Matt was left with the sole responsibility of the Downlow.

That was entirely too much, with all the regional pages and such, for one man to run. So the regional pages were nixed and Matt started looking elsewhere for help.

That's when the newest wave of mods were introduced to the board. LHPM, Sinton66, Slpy, and RangerMom.

The details may be a little off, but from what I understand of everything that's pretty much how it shook out. Gobbla and Matt could help you out more with all the fuzzy areas. That was when the downlow was the source for information. :( RIP Old Downlow! :(

Gobbla2001
10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
I had a Cuero site, bearcat1 had an Aledo and Ralls site, we had known each other online for a couple of years and talked about stuff frequently, decided to have site dedicated to 3A so we did and that was the 2000 season (so this is the downlow's 7th season)... we had a small Bravenet forum, it was alright, had some hits though just not a lot... Matthew328 jumped onboard somewhere in the first season... forget if it was just as the season started or half-through or what... We actually won an award the first year... like some sports-site award... we were like "For real?"

Somewhere between the '00 and '01 season, Matt (Administrator Matt, not Matthew328 Matt) contacted me or us or whatever, forget how... Admin-Matt and I had a few conversations back and forth via email about him giving us a message board... but it wasn't just the message board, it was the domain name, www.3adownlow.com... before we were www.3adownlow.com, we were wwwww.homestead.football.homestead.con/damn-dont-you-wish-this-link-was-shorter...

It was pretty much the coolest thing... I remember bearcat1 not being so hot on the idea of someone we didn't know coming in and giving us a domain name and message board through his company (believe it was his company or the one he worked for whatever)... but I talked her into it, and after a long time and some donation drives etc... here we are...

And about me being member #5... fact is, Admin was member #1 and I was #2 to join, why I'm #5 now I do not know...

And as always, I made the first post on here ever..... EVVVVVVVVVVVERRRR!

Gobbla2001
10-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Actually somewhere during the '01 season I was banned... haha... that's halarious... long story...

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Somewhere between the '00 and '01 season, Matt (Administrator Matt, not Matthew328 Matt) contacted me or us or whatever, forget how... Admin-Matt and I had a few conversations back and forth via email about him giving us a message board... but it wasn't just the message board, it was the domain name, www.3adownlow.com... before we were www.3adownlow.com, we were www.homestead.football.homestead.com/damn-don't-you-wish-we-made-your-links-a-lot-shorter/haha-we-won't...

I remember having to search yahoo for it everyday :D

SintonFan
10-17-2006, 12:57 PM
That was when the downlow was the source for information. :( RIP Old Downlow! :(
lol
You're not helping your cause.:p :D

Gobbla2001
10-17-2006, 12:58 PM
That was when the downlow was the source for information. :( RIP Old Downlow! :(

It's not what it used to be, I'll admit... but that's only because instead of one person covering Region 1, we have about 100 who give game reports, same with 2, 3 and 4... that is the major difference...

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
You're not helping your cause.:p :D :mad:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 01:11 PM

The details may be a little off, but from what I understand of everything that's pretty much how it shook out. Gobbla and Matt could help you out more with all the fuzzy areas.

Ranger Mom's daughter was the one asking me for dates. :hand:

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Shrug. Never really understood why we needed anything other than in-game updates. You can find everything else on places like Abilene's sports website and whatnot.

3ABirdMan
10-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Just remember this......

Anyone wanting to bash on Bridge City better think twice. The server for ALL of this calls BC HOME!

pirate4state
10-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Just remember this......

Anyone wanting to bash on Bridge City better think twice. The server for ALL of this calls BC HOME! haha - we found that out last year :( Stupid Hurricane Rita!! :mad:

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Stupid Rita!! :mad:

I concur! ;)

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Ranger Mom's daughter was the one asking me for dates. :hand: It was all me homie ;)

carter08
10-17-2006, 03:27 PM
All non-admin/mod members should be the same. There should be no hierarchy. Unfortunately, things don't work out how they should. There are favorite posters and least favorites. There are arguments. There are many highly disputed moves made by certain people. I feel this needs to stop.

I apoligize if i offended any Moderators, Admins, Posters, and/or Readers

SintonFan
10-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by carter08
All non-admin/mod members should be the same. There should be no hierarchy. Unfortunately, things don't work out how they should. There are favorite posters and least favorites. There are arguments. There are many highly disputed moves made by certain people. I feel this needs to stop.

I apoligize if i offended any Moderators, Admins, Posters, and/or Readers
ROFL! I see a phil jr. in the making.:D

SintonFan
10-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Just remember this......

Anyone wanting to bash on Bridge City better think twice. The server for ALL of this calls BC HOME!
Old Card is my bestest friend.:)
Well, maybe not but I respect him a lot. too bad he got run off...:(

carter08
10-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
ROFL! I see a phil jr. in the making.:D

SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR PHIL :mad: :mad:

Comparing him to carter is an insult :D

SintonFan
10-17-2006, 04:38 PM

Comparing him to carter is an insult :D
Umm carter? I AM PhilC's left-handed right-hand man. I am his enforcer so tread lightly when you bring up his name to me.:p :mad: :D

DaHop72
10-17-2006, 04:38 PM

Comparing him to carter is an insult :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: