PDA

View Full Version : Seeking input on Caldwell's potential

herewego
10-17-2006, 09:50 AM
From what you've read, seen in person or know about Caldwell's football program, choose the one that depicts your true feelings. Please keep feelings about individual posters from there out of this. This is seeking an honest opinion. Thanks.

CHS_CG
10-17-2006, 10:06 AM
ok im from caldwell, i have been here for almost 10 years and i have seen how this town works.. some people from Caldwell probably know who I am and what I am fixing to say will probably get me nothing but dirty looks from people but i frankly dont care...

Caldwell would do a hellva lot better in sports if parents (and not all parents just certain ones) werent so damn concered with " my child should be playing more bc of this or that" face it people.. if ur kid sucks they suck big fat deal. If caldwell coaches didnt have to deal with parents in their office 24/7 tellin them that they child is the best for this part we could do a lot better... honestly i think thats one of the reason cobia left.. is bc half the players parents thought they could run the team better than cobia could.. atleast with cobia we were improving each year.. sinces hes left thats not the case... so i really dont know how to vote on that poll but there is my honest opinion.

herewego
10-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
ok im from caldwell, i have been here for almost 10 years and i have seen how this town works.. some people from Caldwell probably know who I am and what I am fixing to say will probably get me nothing but dirty looks from people but i frankly dont care...

Caldwell would do a hellva lot better in sports if parents (and not all parents just certain ones) werent so damn concered with " my child should be playing more bc of this or that" face it people.. if ur kid sucks they suck big fat deal. If caldwell coaches didnt have to deal with parents in their office 24/7 tellin them that they child is the best for this part we could do a lot better... honestly i think thats one of the reason cobia left.. is bc half the players parents thought they could run the team better than cobia could.. atleast with cobia we were improving each year.. sinces hes left thats not the case... so i really dont know how to vote on that poll but there is my honest opinion.

.. and if it hasn't changed in 50 years, I don't see it happening any time soon!

herewego
10-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Wasn't there a parent 3 years ago who went so far as to slander Cobia in the local paper on a sour grapes issue? If it was me, I would have been packing my bags at that moment after everything he accomplished there.

There may not be an "I" in "Team", but there's certainly an "M" and an "E" in Caldwell. Crying shame.

Pudlugger
10-17-2006, 12:14 PM
CHS-CG I have noticed that the Caldwell posters on here have been more supportive of their team in the past couple of years. Earliar it seemed there was much decension and coach bashing. This may be due to coaching and it may be something about community expectations. When a program is struggling there usually is decension in the community and when it gets bad enough it becomes torches and pitchforks in town square. You may not remember Giddings in 2002 when they had a new coach who tried to change the offense to no huddle and the spread. Well they went 0-5 in predistrict before pulling the irons out and winning 3 district games to make the playoffs. The town was up in arms and there were some real negative things being said on this board. The coach was replaced with Fitzhenry and the rest is history. Needless to say coaching is risky business.

If a team is down like the Leps were in 2004 and they get a new coach I think the community should give him at least three seasons to get it together before firing him. The problem in Giddings was they went to the semi-finals the year before and the coach was named "Coach of the Year" got a big contract at 4a Huntsville and moved away. Caldwell may be experiencing some of the same issues but I think the community should stand by the coaches and team at least a little longer before they pass judgement. The Leps have patiently rebuilt and folks are optimistic about our team once again.:)

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Caldwell goes in expecting to much and when they don't put out the fans blame the coaches or even players in some cases.

That is outside looking in.

CHS_CG
10-17-2006, 12:24 PM
I support my team 100% i went to ever football game when i was in high school and every football game the year after i graduated. its a lil hard to make them now with Taylor bc all she wants to do is run around and she gets bored.. I know we have great players and we have a good coaching staff.. my blame is lyin on the parents of the players at this point. Parents have to realize that coaches are there for a reason.. if i had a child playing I can honestly say I wouldnt be like most of the parents that are around here... ya know why.. bc im not a coach.. i havent gone to college or for coaching nor would i want to.. i have enough crap to deal with at my job (as do a lot of us) I honestly dont understand why some parents cant let their kids coach do his job. Honestly.. if they can do a better job.. why arent they a coach...

herewego
10-17-2006, 03:25 PM
refreshing for more input

herewego
10-17-2006, 10:27 PM
OK, let's get some objective opinions here. More people are on now than earlier when this first was posted.

Milk That Cow
10-17-2006, 11:55 PM
Caldwell is a decent town with bad school colors...

Very friendly place.

But, your football team has never really ever won anything...

Just continue to hang your hat on the Volleball Squad and

Bobby Jack Goforth was one of the best high school athletes of all time...

herewego
10-18-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Caldwell is a decent town with bad school colors...

Very friendly place.

But, your football team has never really ever won anything...

Just continue to hang your hat on the Volleball Squad and

Bobby Jack Goforth was one of the best high school athletes of all time...

.......there have been many, many since him who were less conceited