10-17-2006, 12:09 AM
That is a Big Town with

Big Wal-Mart
Big HEB
Big Walgreens
Big CVS
3 Big BBQ Places
and a whole bunch of other retail...

How in the heck is their school enrollment 3A?

I know A LOT of 3A school districts who don't have half of the retail they have?

87 TIGER
10-17-2006, 12:20 AM
Not sure either but they do bounce 3a-4a-3a.....
It does look like Hutto Is moving towards Taylor There is a big water tower that reads Hutto about a mile from Taylor city limits.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Not sure either but they do bounce 3a-4a-3a.....
It does look like Hutto Is moving towards Taylor There is a big water tower that reads Hutto about a mile from Taylor city limits.

Yeah, it baffles me how Hutto, with the growth they are experiencing, is still in 3A. They won't be for long.

Dogman_1969
10-17-2006, 07:14 AM
Taylor and Hutto will both go up to 4A next round. I heard Hutto is building a second JR High and is enlarging their High School to hold 1200 kids. They will be a town with two High Schools in the very near future.

Taylor will probably be over run by some of the folks that want to get a little further out of Round Rock \ Austin \ Hutto. I would imagine that the new loop around Austin and Hutto will bring some more folks to Taylor as well.

Aliegnment will be interesting next year..................

BullFrog Dad
10-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
That is a Big Town with

Big Wal-Mart
Big HEB
Big Walgreens
Big CVS
3 Big BBQ Places
and a whole bunch of other retail...

How in the heck is their school enrollment 3A?

I know A LOT of 3A school districts who don't have half of the retail they have? That's a drop in the bucket compared to what Lake Worth has and we aren't even close to moving up. When it comes to retail/commercial developement remember three things-Location,Location,Location!

pancho villa
10-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Hey they even got a drive in chicken place where they come out to your car to take your order. WOW!

Johnnypaycheck
10-17-2006, 07:43 AM
ah...finally some good talk about paycheck's hometown!

pancho, too bad they can't talk nice about your alma mater!

raider red 2000
10-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
ah...finally some good talk about paycheck's hometown!

pancho, too bad they can't talk nice about your alma mater!

why cant people talk nice about it.

he did graduate didnt he :)

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Taylor and Hutto will both go up to 4A next round. I heard Hutto is building a second JR High and is enlarging their High School to hold 1200 kids. They will be a town with two High Schools in the very near future.

Taylor will probably be over run by some of the folks that want to get a little further out of Round Rock \ Austin \ Hutto. I would imagine that the new loop around Austin and Hutto will bring some more folks to Taylor as well.

Aliegnment will be interesting next year.................. There won't be two high schools anytime soon because they built Hutto High with growth in mind.

Taylor will stay in 3a.

HipposGitErDun
10-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
There won't be two high schools anytime soon because they built Hutto High with growth in mind.

Correct,,, even though they are projecting Hutto to continue growing at a rapid rate, the High School has plans to accommodate +/- 2500 students.

We are currently at about 900 in the high school, but the numbers are much higher in the lower grades. (Lots of little Hippo football players out there.

We have about 70 kids playing 8th grade football and over 80 on the 7th grade team.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by HipposGitErDun

We are currently at about 900 in the high school, but the numbers are much higher in the lower grades. (Lots of little Hippo football players out there.

little hippo's?

I'm calling BS :D

Johnny Utah
10-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Hutto will continue to grow. Taylor will as well, may not move up this realignment year but will the next. Hutto will be 4a if they have 900 in the high school. The growth is unbelievable. When will Round Rock have to build another high school along with Pflugerville??? Heard Leander is going to open one in the fall! Wow!!!

Dogman_1969
10-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Hutto will continue to grow. Taylor will as well, may not move up this realignment year but will the next. Hutto will be 4a if they have 900 in the high school. The growth is unbelievable. When will Round Rock have to build another high school along with Pflugerville??? Heard Leander is going to open one in the fall! Wow!!!

Round Rock has 2 schools right now. They may not have to due to the other schools like Leander, Stoney Point and others real close to them. Pflugerville has Pf High, Connally, and Hendrickson high schools.

A couple of coaches from Rockdale are at Hendrickson. They left when CC left town.

hutex04
10-17-2006, 06:15 PM
when i graduated from hutto in 2004, we had 93 total graduating. I feel the class of 2004 was the last real Hutto class, before it just got so big. Makes me sad Hutto getting so big, I remember driving past Hutto when i was young and laughing at how small it was.

ILS1
10-17-2006, 06:41 PM
I went to Hutto when the Old Middle School (aka the Old Hutto High) campus was the WHOLE school in one building. Pre-K thru 12th. Only thing good about that was seeing those young,sexy teachers while we were walking by the Elementary part of the school!!! BTW,when I graduated some 20 years ago. There was ONLY 18 graduating Seniors!!! WOW!!! My how times have changed!!!

:D

mwynn05
10-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I went to Hutto when the Old Middle School (aka the Old Hutto High) campus was the WHOLE school in one building. Pre-K thru 12th. Only thing good about that was seeing those young,sexy teachers while we were walking by the Elementary part of the school!!! BTW,when I graduated some 20 years ago. There was ONLY 18 graduating Seniors!!! WOW!!! My how times have changed!!!

:D so do you wish you would have bought say 250 acres of land around hutto then?

hud
10-17-2006, 08:15 PM
ive lived in hutto all my life and i remember when in kindergarden we had like 40 overall. we have a joke , hutto water makes you bigger our whole o-line and fullback and inside linebacker on the freshman team are all big as any new guys.
now dought that the groth has made us better with out some new key guys i porject that we would be 3-3 right now.
the battle of h.w. 79 is gunna be a battle.
hutto 8, taylor 7 . the singhs between hutto and taylor