PDA

View Full Version : Smithville 38, Gilmer 12

herewego
10-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Wow, it even LOOKS surreal! Sorry, couldn't resist...... :eek:

There, I guess you feel lots better now.

Bull's-eye
10-16-2006, 09:35 PM
In basketball?

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 09:36 PM
In golf?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2006, 09:37 PM
I think that it's pretty crappy for you to try to bring down Smithville's team. They may be going through hard times, but those guys have always played with a lot of heart, desire, and class. Even the top teams in the state don't have those qualities.

Pudlugger
10-16-2006, 09:43 PM
It hasn't been so long ago when the Tigers were in the mix for district. They will rebuild. Meanwhile, as BBDE says, let's cut them some slack. It's tough enough for kids to practice and play football without the negative stuff and ridicule. :(

Bull's-eye
10-16-2006, 09:52 PM
He might be poking a little fun at Gilmer. :thinking: He had them losing.

blackflag_74
10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
puff puff give... you're messing up the rotation...

herewego
10-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I think that it's pretty crappy for you to try to bring down Smithville's team. They may be going through hard times, but those guys have always played with a lot of heart, desire, and class. Even the top teams in the state don't have those qualities.

Dude, quit trying to play "martyr". Why are you always so "holier than thou"? That whole "we bust our butts" routine makes you sound like an old man who went to school uphill both ways. Find a sense of humor! Geez!

Pudlugger, ditto! The truth is not all teams play everyone "tough". The people in Smithville could probably care less what people think. Otherwise, they'd win more than 1.5 games a year against private 2A schools.

It' real easy to talk nicey-nice about teams you know you'll always beat. Give Smithville one good season when they threaten either La Grange or Rockdale or Caldwell for that matter, and all of a sudden, people accuse THEM of trash talking.

I put it a simple post as a joke --- a J-O-K-E, and you get your panties in a wad.

Buckeye80
10-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by herewego
Dude, quit trying to play "martyr". Why are you always so "holier than thou"? That whole "we bust our butts" routine makes you sound like an old man who went to school uphill both ways. Find a sense of humor! Geez!

I put it a simple post as a joke --- a J-O-K-E, and you get your panties in a wad.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 01:15 AM

Pudlugger, ditto! The truth is not all teams play everyone "tough". The people in Smithville could probably care less what people think. Otherwise, they'd win more than 1.5 games a year against private 2A schools.

It' real easy to talk nicey-nice about teams you know you'll always beat. Give Smithville one good season when they threaten either La Grange or Rockdale or Caldwell for that matter, and all of a sudden, people accuse THEM of trash talking.

No, no martyr, just optimistic and trying to be supportive of teams, primarily Rockdale. You try to take down a team that has hit rock bottom, but I guess it is wrong of me to try to stand up for them. Don't try to make me look bad because you're inconsiderate and think you're so great because you can get on a message board and talk trash about a group of HS students playing football.

herewego
10-17-2006, 07:29 AM
No, no martyr, just optimistic and trying to be supportive of teams, primarily Rockdale. You try to take down a team that has hit rock bottom, but I guess it is wrong of me to try to stand up for them. Don't try to make me look bad because you're inconsiderate and think you're so great because you can get on a message board and talk trash about a group of HS students playing football.

HEEEEEEERE you go again with your "high school kids" argument. THis chatroom was not engineered exclusively for high school kids. There are far more people on plant Earth who enjoy football than just YOU. YOUR coach should at Rockdale should have forbade YOU from getting on here.

You take things WAY too personal.

pancho villa
10-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Does Smithville have football at their school?

Darren
10-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Wow, it even LOOKS surreal! Sorry, couldn't resist...... :eek:

There, I guess you feel lots better now.

I think that you accidentally put Gilmer and you meant to put Rockdale.

herewego
10-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Darren

....or so you'd think by BBDE's overreaction.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 08:11 AM
HEEEEEEERE you go again with your "high school kids" argument. THis chatroom was not engineered exclusively for high school kids. There are far more people on plant Earth who enjoy football than just YOU. YOUR coach should at Rockdale should have forbade YOU from getting on here.

You take things WAY too personal.

I'm not taking things personally, I just think that people who get on a message board and try to talk down on HS kids need to get a life and grow up. This message board was not made simply for you to get on here and get your kicks trying to demean the accomplishments or highlight the failures of HS athletes. Also, if you had been around here long enough, you would have realized that I never posted anything on here during football season. As I said before, you need to have a little tact when posting, just because it's not against the rules to say something doesn't mean that you should.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Darren

You're right, I do have a lot of school pride. Through the good times and the bad times I will support my alma matter. From the way it sounds, you're one of the guys who leaves when your team falls a little behind or doesn't go and watch when they're is having a bad year...

herewego
10-17-2006, 09:14 AM
You're right, I do have a lot of school pride. Through the good times and the bad times I will support my alma matter. From the way it sounds, you're one of the guys who leaves when your team falls a little behind or doesn't go and watch when they're is having a bad year...

Whatever you say, Rev. Falwell

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 09:16 AM
I think that it's pretty crappy for you to try to bring down Smithville's team. They may be going through hard times, but those guys have always played with a lot of heart, desire, and class. Even the top teams in the state don't have those qualities. I wouldn't say with class I've had my ankles twisted and eyes gouged so many times by Smithville defenders.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I wouldn't say with class I've had my ankles twisted and eyes gouged so many times by Smithville defenders.

They took a huge turn for the better our senior year under a new coaching staff. I remember the days when they were like that, though.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 09:50 AM
They took a huge turn for the better our senior year under a new coaching staff. I remember the days when they were like that, though. True except for that one safety he still was the same.

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm not taking things personally, I just think that people who get on a message board and try to talk down on HS kids need to get a life and grow up. This message board was not made simply for you to get on here and get your kicks trying to demean the accomplishments or highlight the failures of HS athletes. Also, if you had been around here long enough, you would have realized that I never posted anything on here during football season. As I said before, you need to have a little tact when posting, just because it's not against the rules to say something doesn't mean that you should.

dude...dude...I think it was painfully clear that he was poking fun at Gilmer. If you missed that point...then maybe you should stop reading so in depth into everything and instead read it AT FACE VALUE. It was humorous because there are 1 or 2 threads a day talking about Gilmer winning state.

herewego
10-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
dude...dude...I think it was painfully clear that he was poking fun at Gilmer. If you missed that point...then maybe you should stop reading so in depth into everything and instead read it AT FACE VALUE. It was humorous because there are 1 or 2 threads a day talking about Gilmer winning state.

IT WAS A JOKE! Nothing more! Gilmer happens to be ranked #1 and it was meant to be a harmless joke. Smithville people are cool. They eat their Wheaties and take showers daily. La Cabana rocks! They excel in other areas! End of story!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 09:59 AM

Yeah, and I don't read those threads, but I understood that point after it was brought to my attention. I don't make my life all about the Downlow and read random threads that don't appeal to me.

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 10:00 AM
GILMER FO LIFE!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
IT WAS A JOKE! Nothing more! Gilmer happens to be ranked #1 and it was meant to be a harmless joke. Smithville people are cool. They eat their Wheaties and take showers daily. La Cabana rocks! They excel in other areas! End of story!

Cuero is #1.

herewego
10-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Cuero is #1.

In their probable division, true.

halfnhalf
10-17-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't know about how classy Smithville is, there have been numerous times they played some of the dirtiest football ive ever seen.

herewego
10-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by halfnhalf
I don't know about how classy Smithville is, there have been numerous times they played some of the dirtiest football ive ever seen.

Frustration does that....

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah, in the past they were, but last year when we played them, I was impressed with the turnaround. The new coach is building a new attitude in those guys that many people have yet to realize.

halfnhalf
10-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Yes true, their coach is a very classy guy and is trying to change things. When you come into a school that had a football program that is pretty much non existent with a bunch of mixed up people that kind of thing will happen. I feel bad for Smithville, they never have a chance and never get an ounce of respect. They had some good guys that played for them, but they also had some trash also. You cant blame the whole team for a few guys though.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Yes true, their coach is a very classy guy and is trying to change things. When you come into a school that had a football program that is pretty much non existent with a bunch of mixed up people that kind of thing will happen. I feel bad for Smithville, they never have a chance and never get an ounce of respect. They had some good guys that played for them, but they also had some trash also. You cant blame the whole team for a few guys though.

I'll agree with that, but every team has a player who reflects poorly upon his/her teammates. However long he is on the team is determined by the coaches, however.

dirtydan
10-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
He might be poking a little fun at Gilmer. :thinking: He had them losing.

SMITH WHO?

dirtydan
10-17-2006, 12:13 PM

SMITH WHO?

Bull Butter
10-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Quick question--Does anyone on here remember the last time Sithville went to the playoffs? Who was that coach and what happened to him?

Adidas410s
10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by dirtydan
SMITH WHO?
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 01:58 PM
I'll agree with that, but every team has a player who reflects poorly upon his/her teammates. However long he is on the team is determined by the coaches, however. Was I one of those? :(

I know I had a poor work ethic and everything but when it came to Friday nights I was a total team player. Especially after a loss and people would tell you you played a hell of game and bring up how many catches or yards I had my reply would be to them. "That s-word doesn't matter we lost the game. You play to win the game you don't play for yourself." Hell last year you could take away all my stats and give us more wins and I would have been more happy with wins than stats.