PDA

View Full Version : Defense? or Offense?

jj3069
11-12-2003, 09:48 PM
people always say that offense sells tickets and defense wins games is this true? and if so why the saying "sometimes the best defense is a good offense" explain why you think that one is better than the other

Buckeye80
11-12-2003, 09:53 PM
Offense is demoralizing to the other team. What would you rather see on the scoreboard: Your ahead 21-0 or Tied 0-0? It forces teams to change their strategy when they get behind, and it can change the entire complexion of a game. I'll take a "butt-kickin'" offense anyday over a "stingy" defense. And NO it's not because the Buckeyes are a defensive coordinator's worst nightmare. I've always liked offense better!

Ranger05
11-12-2003, 09:56 PM
personally i like a better defense because our defense was a key to our playoff run last year we would have never beat daingerfield without our defense

Buckeye80
11-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Ranger05:
personally i like a better defense because our defense was a key to our playoff run last year we would have never beat daingerfield without our defenseY'all had to have had a stifling "d" to shut down that D'Field running attack last year. They had some big ol' boys running the ball.

Ranger05
11-12-2003, 10:00 PM
we had 3 all state defensive players DE MLB and SS and we had alot of players that should have gotten honorable mention

BigChamp05
11-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Your offense decides whether or not you need a good defense.

mistanice
11-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Buckeye80:
Offense is demoralizing to the other team. What would you rather see on the scoreboard: Your ahead 21-0 or Tied 0-0? It forces teams to change their strategy when they get behind, and it can change the entire complexion of a game. I'll take a "butt-kickin'" offense anyday over a "stingy" defense. And NO it's not because the Buckeyes are a defensive coordinator's worst nightmare. I've always liked offense better!What if 2 "butt-kickin" offenses went at it? Then the score would be even 21-21. :D Diboll's 2000 undefeated 10-0 "regular season" was achieved mainly because our strong defense. But i can see where you are coming from. That last game of the season, we couldn't get a comeback together because we weren't a strong offensive team and ended up losing to Mexia 45-0.

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: mistanice ]</small>

the-O-fence
11-12-2003, 10:39 PM
I like a better Offense,you can tell from my name.

bulldogvet85
11-12-2003, 11:39 PM
thats really hard to say which i would prefer. I've always been apart of a real good defense. I have never really been around an out standing offense. But i think that a Defense really wins championships. I dont really have a reason for some reason though it just seems fitting.but if you have an offense that is crippling to other teams, then I think you can get by with a half decent defense.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-12-2003, 11:43 PM
Why choose? When you can have both.

sahen
11-12-2003, 11:50 PM
defense...puts less pressure on ur offense if they know they dont have to put points up on the board every single drive...and they can take chances not worrying too much about turnovers....

GWOOD
11-13-2003, 08:41 AM
jj3069:
people always say that offense sells tickets and defense wins games is this true? and if so why the saying "sometimes the best defense is a good offense" explain why you think that one is better than the otherMy answer is probably too technical but....

If you are talking about great defense/good offense vs. great offense/good defense....I take Great DEFENSE. As has been said, the Greenwood/Daingerfield is a great example.

If you are talking about great offense/weak defense vs. great defense/weak offense, I take Great OFFENSE. A weak offense can demoralize your team and wear out your great defense.