PDA

View Full Version : Arizona over Chicago...

Adidas410s
10-16-2006, 07:53 PM
well it's 7-0 so far with 7 minutes left in the first! ;)

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 07:57 PM
GAME OVER!!!

According to the commentators.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 08:03 PM
http://www.bmc-clan.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/U606-vuurwerka1.gif
http://www.bmc-clan.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_jippy.gif

maybe 14-0 soon

Adidas410s
10-16-2006, 08:05 PM
the biggest difference in the first series was that the Cardinals O-line gave Edge some room to run...

3afan
10-16-2006, 08:06 PM
nice new stadium in AZ

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 08:19 PM
http://www.bmc-clan.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/hello2.gif

14-0 Arizona

Adidas410s
10-16-2006, 08:21 PM
well if Chicago loses then 6 of the remaining 18 teams are knocked out of our "last man standing" at work. However, I need some points from Grossman and the Chicago kicker for my fantasy league.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 08:23 PM
the fun wont last for the cardinals, the bears will come back :(

Adidas410s
10-16-2006, 08:32 PM
seriously could the Bears play any worse right now? That's another INT for Grossman...

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 08:33 PM
wow, it could get ugly :)

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Man, props to Leinart. He's looking pretty good so far, while Grossman is looking like he wants to give the game away to Arizona.

Bulldog_12
10-16-2006, 08:42 PM
How about props to the Arizona D. They are the best on the field right now.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 09:07 PM
http://www.bmc-clan.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/wav.gif the bears are getting
http://www.bmc-clan.net/modules/Forums/images/smiles/icon_spank.gif

Arizona 20 Chicago 0 halftime

SintonFan
10-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Wow! I'm a bit surprised. Alright, shocked actually.:eek:

Bull's-eye
10-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Bears 24 Ariz 23

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 10:52 PM
:mad:

kaorder1999
10-16-2006, 10:52 PM
wow...two defensive tds and a punt return for td....thats a comeback

GreenMonster
10-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Anyone still watching this one? Bears lead 24-23 on 2 defensive touchdowns and a punt return for TD. Grossman has about 20 turnovers and the defense is bailing the Bears out. Incredible, don't think I've seen anything like it.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 10:57 PM
i can see it now they drive for a chip shot fg and the kicker will miss it. Chokers

kaorder1999
10-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i can see it now they drive for a chip shot fg and the kicker will miss it. Chokers
go buy a lottery ticket

Bull's-eye
10-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bears 24 Ariz 23

I'm on the east coast, the game has been over for almost an hour. :D

Bulldog_12
10-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Awful play calling to end the game. All I know is, Leinart is the real deal. Too bad he doesnt play for someone with a decent running game.

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 11:07 PM
Old fashioned win

halfnhalf
10-16-2006, 11:08 PM
One of the craziest games ive seen

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Awful play calling to end the game.

Why did Dennis Green look stunned, it was his playing calling in the 4th quarter that let the bears get back in.

kaorder1999
10-16-2006, 11:09 PM
i didnt see the game but did his play calling force the fumbles that were returned for tds

Bulldog_12
10-16-2006, 11:11 PM
It was awful calling. 2nd and 2 and they cant even get it before 4th down. Thats pitiful.

Bulldog_12
10-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i didnt see the game but did his play calling force the fumbles that were returned for tds

No, it was blocking sheme and whiney RB's. But they could have won that game in the end, but tried to be way too conservative with 7 minutes to go in the game. They packed it up too early.

kaorder1999
10-16-2006, 11:12 PM
im sorry but that is not always play calling. It can be execution. But like i said...i didnt see the game....

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 11:17 PM
cardinals passing game wasnt being stopped but they decide to run, run into a 10 man front lol

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 11:17 PM
What the hell?!?! The Bears won???? I turned it off after Grossman's 4th pick when it was like 23-10!!

ACK!!

Stownhorse
10-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Thats Racker 2nd choke 2 weeks in a row

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 11:24 PM
u miss the choke game of the year

Bulldog_12
10-16-2006, 11:30 PM
u miss the choke game of the year

One of the biggest chokes ever I think. There arent a TON more that are worse than that.

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Just saw the highlights. Man. . .fumble, punt return for a TD. . .that was a HUGE choke job.

Arizona was getting a ton of pub before the season starts about being a playoff team, etc. They're now 1-5.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2006, 11:41 PM
wow dennis green meltdown being shown. He knows he contributed to the loss by playing conservative.

SintonFan
10-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Unbelievable.:eek:

DU_stud04
10-17-2006, 12:17 AM
how sad..... HAHAHAHA!!!!:D

go bears

Stownhorse
10-17-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
how sad..... HAHAHAHA!!!!:D

go bears

I dint think they will go 16-0 this year though.

g$$
10-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Crazy game & ending. I must say Leinart was impressive. Very poised & accurate, with no running game to help him. He is already a good one & should only get better (I think Cutler will be good too @ Denver). Dennis Green is melting down before our eyes, & he looks awful & fatter. Got conservative & it bit him in the rear. Coaching profession will kill you!

coach
10-17-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Crazy game & ending. I must say Leinart was impressive. Very poised & accurate, with no running game to help him. He is already a good one & should only get better (I think Cutler will be good too @ Denver). Dennis Green is melting down before our eyes, & he looks awful & fatter. Got conservative & it bit him in the rear. Coaching will kill you!

who has a better shot of goin the distance bears or colts?

g$$
10-17-2006, 12:42 AM
The Bears have to get better on offense. Too early to tell, but probably the Colts. Their D is suspect though, esp. against the run. Colts Offense + Bears Defense + Bears Special Teams = Game Over!

eagles_victory
10-17-2006, 01:10 AM
Leinart looked great he out played Rex big time I guess that talk about Rex Grossman MVP (from espn.com) is dead. Leinart is going to be a great no question about that. I think at least 6 of the 9 teams that passed on him are going to be kicking themselves. Edge was horrible Rackers chokes again and Green should of let Leinart throw on 3rd and 1 but i guess he was expecting his kicker to hit a 40 yarder. All this talk of the Bears defense Arizona was by far the best defense on the field tonight. Well not by far but they had a better game. I hate to see Arizona choke and Heistner sp? is going to be getting Dante Hall like treatment in the punting game soon.

coach
10-17-2006, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Leinart looked great he out played Rex big time I guess that talk about Rex Grossman MVP (from espn.com) is dead. Leinart is going to be a great no question about that. I think at least 6 of the 9 teams that passed on him are going to be kicking themselves. Edge was horrible Rackers chokes again and Green should of let Leinart throw on 3rd and 1 but i guess he was expecting his kicker to hit a 40 yarder. All this talk of the Bears defense Arizona was by far the best defense on the field tonight. Well not by far but they had a better game. I hate to see Arizona choke and Heistner sp? is going to be getting Dante Hall like treatment in the punting game soon.

is he better or just like a dante overrated and overhyped

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

No doubt he looked good, but let's not overdo ourselves here. It's one football game.

What I noticed before I turned it off mid-way through the 4th quarter was how good a gameplan the Cardinals had. They didn't make Leinart try and throw it deep or across the middle. Most of his passes were within 10 yards and his receivers were able to run after the catch to get some nice yards.

I know I'm biased against the guy, but I still think Matt Leinart turns out to be a Drew Bledsoe but with a weaker arm. The guy is immobile, he doesn't take hits very well, and he's not a guy that's going to put the team on his back and carry you to victory when you're in a tough spot. He's going to be a good QB that completes over 50% of his passes and who doesn't throw a ton of INTs. I just wouldn't be chalking him up as a Joh Elway, Joe Montana, or Tom Brady just yet.

Also, most people probably didn't catch his press conference after the game, but he showed his whiny side. A reporter asked him about whether conservative play calling in the second half caused them to lose the game. Matt responded by saying that it was frustrating and that they needed to "stick to what they do best". Pretty obvious dig at Edge who went 32 rushes for only 56 yards on the night.

Still, he did look very good tonight and he, unlike his teammates, didn't lose the game for them.

g$$
10-17-2006, 02:50 AM
I'm not a Cali guy nor a USC supporter, but I think Leinart is the real deal & I thought so before the draft. He played great aginst Texas last year too, but VY was a little better. I saw his press conference too but I did not think he was whining. He wanted to throw the ball & who could blame him? He got them down there throwing the ball & the running game stunk all night. Why not try a safe pass & get a few more yards? He's a competitor trying to get a win. He also said no excuses, we lost the game & have to get better at finishing teams off & praised his teammates.

He answered the questions about his arm - he can make the tough throws & he is very accurate. Those are the throws that separate guys at that level - tight throws in small windows. 37-2 in college (granted team was stacked) but still impressive. Guy's a winner then & now.

No way he is Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe is a statue, while Leinart is no runner but nimble enough to move around & buy time. One game does not make a career, but a heck of a start on MNF against the best D in the league. I'd take him on my team anyday. Teams that passed on him will kick themselves for years.

g$$
10-17-2006, 03:10 AM
I'm an Aggie, but how is Dante' Hall overhyped/overrated as a kick returner? Guy has made a lot of plays doing that over the past 4 years, Pro Bowls, etc. Dante' is actually a decent guy - I knew him when I worked at A&M very well. He has grown up a lot since he left A&M (also mended fences with RC, etc.). He used to be difficult at times, but we always got along. I spoke with him 2 years ago on his off week when he was home & he has a Foundation in KC, settled down, bought his mom a house too, etc. "Pup" had more clothes than most women, always pressed & matching everything too. Thought he was the biggest ladies man on the team, & may have been to be honest! Told me one time he would have gone to UNC & played for Mack Brown but his mom wanted him to stay closer to home in Houston. Said Mack played rap music in the car on his visit & they talked about "the ladies". It was a great story to hear him tell.

Hester is the returner/CB from Miami playing for the Bears mentioned above. Set a record for return yardage in last night's game.

STANG RED
10-17-2006, 05:28 AM
Why did Dennis Green look stunned, it was his playing calling in the 4th quarter that let the bears get back in.

Green has had a pattern of this his whole career, and everyone should know it. Arizona is the only excuse for an NFL team that would take a chance on him, when they hired him. I've been laughing at Dennis Green chokes for years. Even when he had some really good teams in the past, it was quiet often his conservative, or just plain dumb play calling late in games that got them beat. Surely Arizona will be his last call as a head coach in the NFL. He's acutally a good guy, just a bad game time coach when it's crunch time. Always has been.

stxfootballfan
10-17-2006, 07:49 AM
When did throwing the ball 42 times become conservative? I didnt see Dennis Green miss the block that caused Matt to fumble, didnt see him get stipped by Urlacher, didnt see him miss a tackle on the punt return and it wasnt him who missed the field goal at the end. Lets put the blame where it belongs and thats the players not executing.

htowntransplant
10-17-2006, 09:18 AM
i think the funny thing in this game is that edgerrin james racked in 30ish carries for a whopping 50sih yards.

ya think u need an upgrade?? (yes i know its the bears defense, but james hasnt done much versus anyone.)

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 09:20 AM
:clap: :cheerl: Yay Matt Creinart! :cheerl: :clap:

pirate4state
10-17-2006, 09:27 AM
That was a fun game. I can't get enough of the highlights!! Thanks ESPN!! :thumbsup:

Old Tiger
10-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
That was a fun game. I can't get enough of the highlights!! Thanks ESPN!! :thumbsup: Especially the Dennis Green interview

SintonFan_inAustin
10-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by stxfootballfan
When did throwing the ball 42 times become conservative? I didnt see Dennis Green miss the block that caused Matt to fumble, didnt see him get stipped by Urlacher, didnt see him miss a tackle on the punt return and it wasnt him who missed the field goal at the end. Lets put the blame where it belongs and thats the players not executing.

Did u see the post game interview with Leinart, he basically said the same thing lol, blaming the play calling for the meltdown. why keep running into a wall when he could have pass it. and wow did u say 42 pass attempts and they ran 36 times also for a avg of a yard.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 01:10 PM

I think the reason they asked Matt that question was because once they got that huge lead (23-3 I think) they started running the ball a lot more. That's why Edge got 32 carries or w/e. Also, Edge was got the ball stripped for a defensive TD in the 4th which helped set up the Bears' comeback.

On a side not. . .yeah, Matty L. is a fine and dandy QB. Why wouldn't he be? He got to sit and practice under Carson Palmer and he had Pete C. and Norm Chow as coaches, both of whom are in the NFL. He talks all his trash and comes back for his senior season to take ballroom dancing and then a "gangsta" kid from inner Houston racks up better stats than him throwing the ball, tacks on 1000 extra yards rushing the ball, and then totally shows up Matt and his Heisman winning friend Reggie in the Natty Championship to the tune of 400+ yards and 4 TDs. Then what does Matt do? He cries about it and says that the Trojans "were the better team" and that they'd "win that game 9 out of 10 times" and yada yada yada. After that moment I lost all respect for the guy. Then you saw him act like a clown at the NFL draft and get all pissy when he was taken 10th by the Cardinals. Then he tried (like his boy Reggie) to hold out for more money and his coach had to go ballistic in a press conference so he'd sign the best contract a #10 has ever gotten.

The kid is a prima donna and he's more interested in the spotlight than playing football. He's a Drew Bledsoe clone except I think he's not even as tough as Drew so he won't make it near as long. Just my humble opinion....

stxfootballfan
10-17-2006, 01:31 PM
Arizona 3rd qtr 7 rushing plays, 10 pass attempts

4th qtr 12 rushing plays,15 pass plays

Is that really being conservative or is that trying to be balanced?
Maybe Matt wants to run the Tech offense in the pros!

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Arizona 3rd qtr 7 rushing plays, 10 pass attempts

4th qtr 12 rushing plays,15 pass plays

Is that really being conservative or is that trying to be balanced?

I didn't say I agreed with the statement, man. The point was Matt was crying about the playcalling even tho he threw the ball 42 times.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-17-2006, 01:35 PM
every time cardinals move the ball downfield or pickup first downs in the second half they would kill the drive by trying to run the ball, the bears would basically telling them if u beat us it will be thru the air as they were gearing up for the run or they know Dennis Greens tendacies late in a game.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
I didn't say I agreed with the statement, man. The point was Matt was crying about the playcalling even tho he threw the ball 42 times.

yea lol but if its working he was saying u stick with it.

stxfootballfan
10-17-2006, 01:37 PM

I got your point, I just wanted to post the stats so the people who said the play calling was conservative could re-evaluate.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-17-2006, 01:40 PM
I got your point, I just wanted to post the stats so the people who said the play calling was conservative could re-evaluate.

stats dont tell the story correctly all the time, u have to seen the game as it develop to see the bears were geared to stop the run at all cost. well if u go back to this post i knew this fun for the cardinals wouldnt last and they would blow it at the end.

stxfootballfan
10-17-2006, 01:42 PM
stats dont tell the story correctly all the time, u have to seen the game as it develop to see the bears were geared to stop the run at all cost. well if u go back to this post i knew this fun for the cardinals wouldnt last and they would blow it at the end.

You and Charles Barkley called it kicking field goals wasnt going to beat the Bears

g$$
10-17-2006, 02:30 PM
When I say conservative, I am referring to the final drive. Before that they were trying to chew up clock as they were ahead by multiple scores (23-3, 23-10...). Yes, they threw the ball 42 times but on the final possession they ran into 8 & 9 man fronts instead of safe passes to get more yards. A couple of safe passes & that FG may have been about 25-30 yards. Maybe that is why D. Green fired his OC today, or scapegoated him.

Conservative does not have to apply to the entire game, & it can also apply to a single possession. D. Green did not miss blocks or fumble or lose the game himself, but he is the HC in charge. It falls on him. Force 6 turnovers, give up no offensive TDs & you lose the game ahead by 20 points? That is a collapse.

WTX you have serious bias towards Matt Leinart (& you admitted such earlier). Let it go - the guy's a player & will only get better. Texas won the NC last year. Leinart won plenty too, including a Heisman. I have heard him give lots of credit to VY & the Horns. Heat of the moment comments are not fair to judge a player solely. Move on...

stxfootballfan
10-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$
When I say conservative, I am referring to the final drive. Before that they were trying to chew up clock as they were ahead by multiple scores (23-3, 23-10...). Yes, they threw the ball 42 times but on the final possession they ran into 8 & 9 man fronts instead of safe passes to get more yards. A couple of safe passes & that FG may have been about 25-30 yards. Maybe that is why D. Green fired his OC today, or scapegoated him.

Conservative does not have to apply to the entire game, & it can also apply to a single possession. D. Green did not miss blocks or fumble or lose the game himself, but he is the HC in charge. It falls on him. Force 6 turnovers, give up no offensive TDs & you lose the game ahead by 20 points? That is a collapse.

WTX you have serious bias towards Matt Leinart (& you admitted such earlier). Let it go - the guy's a player & will only get better. Texas won the NC last year. Leinart won plenty too, including a Heisman. I have heard him give lots of credit to VY & the Horns. Heat of the moment comments are not fair to judge a player solely. Move on...
1st-10, ARI38 2:53 M. Leinart passed to A. Boldin to the right for 5 yard gain
2nd-5, ARI43 2:24 M. Leinart passed to E. James down the middle for 7 yard gain
1st-10, 50 2:00 M. Leinart incomplete pass to the left
2nd-10, 50 1:57 M. Leinart passed to T. Walters to the left for 6 yard gain
3rd-4, CHI44 1:52 M. Leinart passed to O. Ayanbadejo to the right for 13 yard gain
1st-10, CHI31 1:44 M. Leinart passed to A. Boldin to the left for 7 yard gain
2nd-3, CHI24 1:04 E. James rushed to the left for 2 yard gain
3rd-1, CHI22 0:58 E. James rushed up the middle for 1 yard loss
4th-2, CHI23 0:48 N. Rackers missed a 40-yard field goal

I guess your right the play calling got conservative on the final two plays

g$$
10-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Green settled for a 40 yd. FG when the same kicker missed one last week to win the game. Not saying try for a TD & risk everything - but a few more yds. & it is a much easier kick. Granted a 40 yarder should be money in the bank (but with that kicker's history...). That is how I see it & it is fine to disagree. Bears won & the Arizona OC got fired today. You do the math.

Again, conservative does not have to apply to the whole game. Final possession, it certainly does apply.

stxfootballfan
10-17-2006, 03:01 PM
They shouldve fired the offensive line coach for not teaching his guys how to block for the running game. It seemed like everytime Edge got the ball he was hit in the backfield. Oh wait Dennis Green is the Offensive line coach!LOL

Urlacher said after the game that nobody blocked him all night.

g$$
10-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Brian Urlacher "only" had 19 tackles. Said in his postgame quotes that he was NOT being blocked at all most of the night! How do you not at least try to block the reigning NFL defensive player of year?

stxfootballfan
10-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Arizona has very good receivers, very good running backs, and after one game Matt looks like the real deal but if the O-line cant block none of the other things really matter. What do you think?

g$$
10-17-2006, 03:17 PM
I think they have the makings of a good team, & remember Larry Fitzgerald is hurt right now too. I also think D. Green will be fired unless they go crazy over the final 10 games. Last night's meltdown did not help him either.

O-line must be improved. Biggest obstacle they have is creating a winning atmosphere in Arizona (much like Houston). Losing is contagious just like winning. They don't expect to win right now. More players like Matt Leinart from winning backgrounds could help them turn the corner. They have talent in Arizona but must change the atmosphere.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Seriously, you need to find a new line instead of the same tired old "move on."

Obviously Matt Leinart hasn't moved on since everytime he gets asked about his college days he's gotta comment on how his team was the best in college football even tho the lowly Longhorns showed them up in their own back yard.

My bias against Matt isn't anywhere close to your bias against Vince, a lot of which is probably based on racism anyway. At least I just dislike Matt because he's a complete fool and spoiled brat.

Matt better hope to God they trade him outta Arizona (never gonna happen) because that franchise is pathetic and always will be pathetic. Last night just went to further prove that point. The Cards were getting playoff talk before the season because of all the stellar players they picked up and they STILL have choked it all away to go 1-5. Matt has some of the best receivers in the country and Edge and he still couldn't get his team a W. Why? He isn't a leader and you'd have to be a HUGE one to turn around that ridiculous excuse for a football franchise. Heck, I don't even know if Vince could turn that team around and he's the ultimate leader/team guy there is.

I would throw something at him but I'd probably hit you because you're swinging from his jock.:rolleyes:

On a side note. . .I just saw the Denny Green meltdown and I got a good laugh out of it. Gonna be fun seeing the Cards go 3-13 this season.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 04:27 PM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g235/AcidVision/nfl_leinart_275.jpg

I hope that ballroom dancing class was worth ruining your football career and dooming yourself to mediocrity and losing for the entire length of your contract! And don't forget the millions you lost by dropping to #10 either!

:D

stxfootballfan
10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g235/AcidVision/nfl_leinart_275.jpg

I hope that ballroom dancing class was worth ruining your football career and dooming yourself to mediocrity and losing for the entire length of your contract! And don't forget the millions you lost by dropping to #10 either!

:D

Dont forget the millions he will have to drop to the USC basketball player he got pregnant!

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Dont forget the millions he will have to drop to the USC basketball player he got pregnant!

CLASSIC!!!

Let's also not forget that he'll probably take a credibility hit when his and Paris Hilton's sex tape come out.....

:thumbsup:

g$$
10-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Mods please read this:

Let me tell you something West TX: don't you ever accuse me of being a racist. You DO NOT know me & to make a blanket statement like that is akin to libel & just plain wrong. You do have me fighting mad now. You are a complete tool & joke who just likes trouble. I have friends of all races & have played ball with many, many different kinds of people in my day. I was one of two whites on a state championship team in basketball. I still regularly talk to friends of different races & socialize with them. I work with many now. You don't know me/never met me & to take me to task on a message board is juvenile & very expected coming from you.

You should be ROMmed for it. I don't care one bit if you like me - but don't you ever cross the line like that. I wish our paths would cross. You hide behind that computer & toss around accusations. I am right here & would love to talk.

quoting West Tx Longhorn directed at g$$:
My bias against Matt isn't anywhere close to your bias against Vince, a lot of which is probably based on racism anyway. At least I just dislike Matt because he's a complete fool and spoiled brat.

I have given Vince Young credit at every turn. Tremendous athlete & leader. School allegiance is irrelevant to this discussion. You called me a racist, & you should pay for it. Your ignorance is exposed every time you post.

Nice jock line - funny how you copied it from me concerning your adoration for all things orange. Not original or humorous.

What else could Leinart do, kick the FG? Your lack of footbal knowledge is trumped only by your unadulterated bias for USC & Leinart. You sound jealous & petty. But hey, everyone knows you're not objective about anything. Par for your course. He's a much more polished & ready pro qb right now than your hero. Time will tell who has a better career. I hope you get banned & I hope even more I meet you one day soon.

Mods: if you are going to allow racist statements directed at someone, what is next? This guy is borderline crazy.

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 04:49 PM
westtx, you are calling Matt Leinart a fool? VY failed his first IQ test for the NFL.... and Leinart cannot help that his line is terrible. by the way, if we could, someone get the stats up for VY and Leinart, id like to see them compared...

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Mods please read this:

Let me tell you something West TX: don't you ever accuse me of being a racist. You DO NOT know me & to make a blanket statement like that is akin to libel & just plain wrong. You do have me fighting mad now. You are a complete tool & joke who just likes trouble. I have friends of all races & have played ball with many, many different kinds of people in my day. I was one of two whites on a state championship team in basketball. I still regularly talk to friends of different races & socialize with them. I work with many now. You don't know me/never met me & to take me to task on a message board is juvenile & very expected coming from you.

You should be ROMmed for it. I don't care one bit if you like me - but don't you ever cross the line like that. I wish our paths would cross. You hide behind that computer & toss around accusations. I am right here & would love to talk.

quoting West Tx Longhorn directed at g$$:

I have given Vince Young credit at every turn. Tremendous athletre & leader. School allegiance is irrelevant to this discussion. You called me a racist, & you should pay for it. Your ignorance is exposed every time you post.

Nice jock line - funny how you copied it from me concerning your adoration for all things orange. Not original or humorous.

What else could Leinart do, kick the FG? Your lack of footbal knowledge is trumped only by your unadulterated bias for USC & Leinart. You sound jealous & petty. But hey, everyone knows you're not objective about anything. Par for your course. He's a much more polished & ready pro qb right now than your hero. Time will tell who has a better career. I hope you get banned & I hope even more I meet you one day soon.

Mods: if you are going to allow racist statements directed at someone, what is next? This guy is borderline crazy.

Actually my statement was a statement about you being racist. . .not a racist statement. It's my opinion and I'm welcome to it. It wasn't a personal attack against you. . .just a statement of fact based on your continued posts against VY and a racially integrated university like UT.

If it isn't true, why are you getting so bent out of shape about it? ;)

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Actually my statement was a statement about you being racist. . .not a racist statement. It's my opinion and I'm welcome to it. It wasn't a personal attack against you. . .just a statement of fact based on your continued posts against VY and a racially integrated university like UT.

If it isn't true, why are you getting so bent out of shape about it? ;)

YOU MUST BE JOKING! almost every university is racially intergrated, my lord, you act like UT is the only school in the nation with black people! Unbelievable

g$$
10-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Vince Young scored a 5 then a 15 on his Wunderlich Test for the NFL. He even got coached on how to take the test. Average intelligence is 20 on a 40 point scale. These #s are accurate & were mistakenly released at the combine.

Who are you calling a "fool"? And he stayed eligible at Texas?

g$$
10-17-2006, 04:57 PM
So calling me a racist is not a racist statement? Give me a break.

BTW, last time I checked integration happened in the '60s. Your statement holds no merit & neither do you.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by bulldogman06
westtx, you are calling Matt Leinart a fool? VY failed his first IQ test for the NFL.... and Leinart cannot help that his line is terrible. by the way, if we could, someone get the stats up for VY and Leinart, id like to see them compared...

No, he didn't. . .a racist reporter or one who wanted to see Vince drop in the draft lied to the media and they stupidly ran with it. Also, the Wonderlic test doesn't test your IQ or anything else substantial. Joe Montana got about a 10 on it. Ryan Leaf got about a 30.

Here's the stats for Matty boy and VY:

Passing Efficiency:

Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Patt Pcomp Comppct Int Intpct Pyds Ydspatt TDs TDpct Rating

3 Vince Young, Texas QB JR 13 325 212 65.23 10 3.08 3036 9.34 26 8.00 163.9

8 Matt Leinart, Southern California QB SR 13 431 283 65.66 8 1.86 3815 8.85 28 6.50 157.7

Points Responsible For:

Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Pass Passing Pts Total Points Totptsgm

3 Vince Young, Texas QB JR 13 1 26 76 234 18.00

9 Matt Leinart, Southern California QB SR 13 0 28 36 204 15.69

Rushing:

Rank Player Pos Cl Gm Carries Net TDs Avg Ydspgm

54 Vince Young, Texas QB JR 13 155 1050 12 6.77 80.77

Matt Leinart 51 36 0.7 20 6

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Please don't make me post the numbers of minorities compared to whites at ATM. Please.;)

stxfootballfan
10-17-2006, 05:00 PM

Wouldnt be fair to compare stats unless they were playing with the same players and scheme I think both are very good QBs and both should have good NFL careers but right now Matt has better skill people around him and Vinces team has one win with him as the starter

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Im talkin about the pros, the pro stats, pick vinces best game and put it against Matt's last one, where he played against the #1 defense in the league. oh, and by the way, that racist reporter crap is by far the most out of the park thing I have ever heard. You think everyone has it out to get Vy??? he got picked before Matt and started before him.

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Please don't make me post the numbers of minorities compared to whites at ATM. Please.;)

Oh, wait, are we comparing VY with McNeal now? stay on topic, and compare the numbers from Ut and Usc

g$$
10-17-2006, 05:02 PM
It's called integration & open enrollment. Both UT & A&M are trying to recruit more minorities for their student bodies. There are other races besides White & Black too. You are digging a bigger hole.

I hope the mods make you pay for it too.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Wouldnt be fair to compare stats unless they were playing with the same players and scheme I think both are very good QBs and both should have good NFL careers but right now Matt has better skill people around him and Vinces team has one win with him as the starter

Well, I think you can make comparisons easily.

Matt L. was in a Pro style offense with a Heisman winning RB and LenDale White. He also had arguably the best receivers in college football AND he had two NFL caliber coaches. He was also a Senior.

Vince was on a team with coaches known for "not winning the big one" and he had a bunch of nobodies to play with. Yet, VY threw only 2 less TD passes than Leinart. . .and if there was a stat to show amount of playing time you'd see that VY was taken out of games a LOT earlier than Matt.

The comparison is, there isn't a comparison. Vince is on a different level. That's why he went #3 and Matt went #10 even tho Matt came from a Pro-style offense, etc.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It's called integration & open enrollment. Both UT & A&M are trying to recruit more minorities for their student bodies. There are other races besides White & Black too. You are digging a bigger hole.

I hope the mods make you pay for it too.

Oh, so you DO have an agenda to try and get rid of me, huh? I thought so. You're like a jack-in-the box toy. Wind ya up and. . .POP!

And yes, I do know there are other races besides white and black. . .that's why I said minorities. I guess people like you only think in terms of black and white tho....

:clap:

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, I think you can make comparisons easily.

Matt L. was in a Pro style offense with a Heisman winning RB and LenDale White. He also had arguably the best receivers in college football AND he had two NFL caliber coaches. He was also a Senior.

Vince was on a team with coaches known for "not winning the big one" and he had a bunch of nobodies to play with. Yet, VY threw only 2 less TD passes than Leinart. . .and if there was a stat to show amount of playing time you'd see that VY was taken out of games a LOT earlier than Matt.

The comparison is, there isn't a comparison. Vince is on a different level. That's why he went #3 and Matt went #10 even tho Matt came from a Pro-style offense, etc.

Oh, and I was thinking it was because he ran a 4.4, silly me...

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Oh, and I was thinking it was because he ran a 4.4, silly me...

And has a stronger arm, and is a freak of nature, and is a leader and beloved by his team mates. Thanks for helping prove my point.:thumbsup:

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Oh, so you DO have an agenda to try and get rid of me, huh? I thought so. You're like a jack-in-the box toy. Wind ya up and. . .POP!

And yes, I do know there are other races besides white and black. . .that's why I said minorities. I guess people like you only think in terms of black and white tho....

:clap:

You still have not backed up the UT is a integrated school argument. SO IS USC, so is every school in the country! why should UT be the special school?

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:10 PM
And has a stronger arm, and is a freak of nature, and is a leader and beloved by his team mates. Thanks for helping prove my point.:thumbsup:

And is dumber than a sack of corn, and didnt win the heisman...

g$$
10-17-2006, 05:14 PM
You singled out Whites & Blacks, not me. Maybe you are the one with prejudices. You are digging a bigger hole.

I hope you pay for it. I am going to take the high road & let them do their jobs.

You do not know me, never met me & yet you played the race card. Not very smart.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:14 PM
You still have not backed up the UT is a integrated school argument. SO IS USC, so is every school in the country! why should UT be the special school?

Ok. . .since you don't seem to be very good at following patterns let me spell it out for you.

G$$. . .hates VY (lip-service to sound sane doesn't count). . .he hates UT. . .he consistently (kinda like you) talks bad about the intelligence and character of the African-Americans playing at UT. . .he calls VY Radio and insults his intelligence. . .he shows plenty of characteristics of a racist (which, is just my opinion). . .he adores ATM and the whole rah rah lets hold our nuts and scream until we're red in the face thing. . .I thus use his obsession with ATM, a school which is not near as racially integrated as it should be (just facts, not trying to diss ATM here) to show further evidence of his racist tendencies. . .g$$ then proceeds to blow his top in order to try and get me ROMed because I continually make him look ridiculous and he thinks this is his chance to get rid of me.

USC doesn't matter here other than comparing Matt and Vince's numbers.

Please, stay on track.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:16 PM
And is dumber than a sack of corn, and didnt win the heisman...

You've met Vince and know how smart he is? He has a college education and is running a NFL offense as we speak. Can you say that?

And you're right. He didn't win the Hypseman. A liar and a cheat who shacked his momma up in a million dollar house with other people's money won it. Congrats to him.

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Ok. . .since you don't seem to be very good at following patterns let me spell it out for you.

G$$. . .hates VY (lip-service to sound sane doesn't count). . .he hates UT. . .he consistently (kinda like you) talks bad about the intelligence and character of the African-Americans playing at UT. . .he calls VY Radio and insults his intelligence. . .he shows plenty of characteristics of a racist (which, is just my opinion). . .he adores ATM and the whole rah rah lets hold our nuts and scream until we're red in the face thing. . .I thus use his obsession with ATM, a school which is not near as racially integrated as it should be (just facts, not trying to diss ATM here) to show further evidence of his racist tendencies. . .g$$ then proceeds to blow his top in order to try and get me ROMed because I continually make him look ridiculous and he thinks this is his chance to get rid of me.

USC doesn't matter here other than comparing Matt and Vince's numbers.

Please, stay on track.

YOU ARE PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH. I never talked bad about the intelligence and character of the African-American players at UT, DO NOT put words in my mouth. I said yalls qb last year was dumb, why does it matter what race he is??? Oh and why does race even matter, you are the one who brought it up? its qb vs. qb, nothing more.

DaHop72
10-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Log out and walk away guys.

carter08
10-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=logout

and walk away.

i had to log back in because of you :mad:

DaHop72
10-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by carter08
i had to log back in because of you :mad: Shouldn't have gotten is such a hurry.:D

WestTXLonghorn
Originally posted by g$$
You singled out Whites & Blacks, not me. Maybe you are the one with prejudices. You are digging a bigger hole.

I hope you pay for it. I am going to take the high road & let them do their jobs.

You do not know me, never met me & yet you played the race card. Not very smart.

This is the funniest thing about you, g$$. I find these arguments laughable because I'm in an unassailable position. It's like me trying to argue that Jesus was a swell guy. I don't even need to because we all know it's true. My team won the NC, VY got drafted #3 and is doing great, my school is tops, etc. and it burns you to no end. So, you continually try and drag down the program and the players to no avail and then you talk about "taking the high road." It's hilarious. Let me go pop another bag of popcorn.

bulldogman06
You've met Vince and know how smart he is? He has a college education and is running a NFL offense as we speak. Can you say that?

And you're right. He didn't win the Hypseman. A liar and a cheat who shacked his momma up in a million dollar house with other people's money won it. Congrats to him.

Ahh, I see you have met him.... oh and I love the dumb it down offense they made so Vince could play. by the way, you ever listen to the guy talk??? please show me any sign of intelligence in anything he says

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:23 PM
This is the funniest thing about you, g$$. I find these arguments laughable because I'm in an unassailable position. It's like me trying to argue that Jesus was a swell guy. I don't even need to because we all know it's true. My team won the NC, VY got drafted #3 and is doing great, my school is tops, etc. and it burns you to no end. So, you continually try and drag down the program and the players to no avail and then you talk about "taking the high road." It's hilarious. Let me go pop another bag of popcorn.

unassailable position huh? VY is doing great? you mean this great?
CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
47 99 512 47.5 5.17 28 3 4 6 56.5

your school is tops? didnt yall lose to tOSU??? mmhmm, i love popcorn

g$$
10-17-2006, 05:24 PM
You have me confused. I have NEVER used the term Radio in reference to Vince Young. I have read it on here, but not from me. And the Wunderlich Test does measure IQ & the numbers were confirmed by many people familiar with the situation at the combine. VY nor his agent were able to refute it.

Montana & Leaf's #s are wrong too. Dan Marino did score fairly low. And, VY has NOT graduated from Texas yet. He plans to go back when available to please his mother. I hope he does.

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh, and sticking to the topic, here are leinarts numbers:

52 86 539 60.5 6.27 49 4 2 6 84.4

I like these much better...

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Ahh, I see you have met him.... oh and I love the dumb it down offense they made so Vince could play. by the way, you ever listen to the guy talk??? please show me any sign of intelligence in anything he says

Yeah, I've talked to him before. Not hard when you see him walking to class almost everyday (when he was here).

If he was SO dumb then how did he land a $10 million endorsement deal before Reggie? If he's SO dumb how did he learn an NFL playbook in a few months and lead his team to a win over the Redskins? If he's SO dumb why does he already have his own show on BET? Everyone said he was dumb for letting a family friend, Major Adams, be his agent. He then got picked #3 when all the "smart" guys said he'd get picked #7-12.

See, this is where you guys are showing your racist tendencies. You say Vince is dumb because he doesn't talk fluently when he gets a camera stuck in his face. You automatically want to say he's stupid to make yourselves feel better. The guy lived in the ghetto in Houston. . .he talks differently than you. Get over it. He isn't stupid. You may be tho for your widely spread assumptions and generalizations.

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:26 PM
more completions, less attempts, more yards, better comp. %, better YPA, more TDs, less INTs, and 27.9% better Qb rating

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:26 PM
unassailable position huh? VY is doing great? you mean this great?
47 99 512 47.5 5.17 28 3 4 6 56.5

your school is tops? didnt yall lose to tOSU??? mmhmm, i love popcorn

Academically you gomer.;)

Oh, and how many games has Matt won? Right. Sweet.

Nice job defending a guy that you'll never even meet tho. You're doing a commendable job.:p

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I've talked to him before. Not hard when you see him walking to class almost everyday (when he was here).

If he was SO dumb then how did he land a $10 million endorsement deal before Reggie? If he's SO dumb how did he learn an NFL playbook in a few months and lead his team to a win over the Redskins? If he's SO dumb why does he already have his own show on BET? Everyone said he was dumb for letting a family friend, Major Adams, be his agent. He then got picked #3 when all the "smart" guys said he'd get picked #7-12.

See, this is where you guys are showing your racist tendencies. You say Vince is dumb because he doesn't talk fluently when he gets a camera stuck in his face. You automatically want to say he's stupid to make yourselves feel better. The guy lived in the ghetto in Houston. . .he talks differently than you. Get over it. He isn't stupid. You may be tho for your widely spread assumptions and generalizations.

Ever heard of Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, both dumb, both rich.
racist, where on earth are you coming up with these assumptions? he failed his IQ test!

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
he has lost the same amount as Vince too

Emerson1
10-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Matt has 2 of the best receivers in the league(Boldin Fitzgerald), aswell with a great RB.

VY has.... uhm....er....

you can fail an IQ test????

g$$
And you are the wise one who said the Redskins (2-4) were a playoff contender. How does landing endorsements equate to intelligence? Mike Tyson had endorsements once upon a time. Dennis Rodman had them too. Dan Marino still has them too. Sports does this to many people. I think VY is a good guy trying to take care of his family.

You know you are in trouble so you're throwing everything you have (even if wrong) into the ring. Good riddance.

WestTXLonghorn
Tennessee's receiving corp:

Drew Bennett 21 305 14.5 36 1 1 0
Bobby Wade 12 174 14.5 25 0 0 0
Bo Scaife 11 164 14.9 28 1 1 1
Brandon Jones 10 110 11.0 23 1 0 0
Ben Troupe 7 105 15.0 32 1 0 0
David Givens 8 104 13.0 27 0 0 0
Roydell Williams 3 46 15.3 20 0 0 0

Do you recognize ANY of those guys? I know Bo Scaife because he was a tight end here at UT. . .and umm. . .Drew Bennett because he's pretty decent. Derek Mason, their best receiver from the Super Bowl year is with the Ravens.

Arizona's receiving corp:

Anquan Boldin 40 502 12.6 49 3 0 0
Larry Fitzgerald 25 336 13.4 46 2 0 0
Bryant Johnson 12 244 20.3 54 2 0 0
Edgerrin James 23 133 5.8 14 0 0 0
Troy Walters 11 84 7.6 26 1 0 0
Leonard Pope 4 50 12.5 18 0 0 0

Three 1st round picks and a consistent Pro-Bowler.

Vince gets more done with less. Fact.

:)

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by g$$
And you are the wise one who said the Redskins (2-4) were a playoff contender. How does landing endorsements equate to intelligence? Mike Tyson had endorsements once upon a time. Dennis Rodman had them too. Dan Marino still has them too. Sports does this to many people. I think VY is a good guy trying to take care of his family.

You know you are in trouble so you're throwing everything you have (even if wrong) into the ring. Good riddance.

Seriously, go cry to the mods and quit posting. You're done you ole' "high roader" you.:rolleyes:

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Ever heard of Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, both dumb, both rich.
racist, where on earth are you coming up with these assumptions? he failed his IQ test!

Again, how do you know this? Paris Hilton purposely has done crazy things to make herself a media sensation and it's paying off for her.

Jessica Simpson has purposely acted stupid to make herself a media sensation and now she's reaping the rewards.

And no. . .you can't fail an IQ test. Obviously, bulldog being as smart as he is and being able to spot stupidity in people at every turn doesn't need to know that.;)

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:34 PM
did you notice that Leinart had the same amount of sacks in half the starts? that titans line is better than the cardinal line, actually, Cuero's line is better than the Arizona line...

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Again, how do you know this? Paris Hilton purposely has done crazy things to make herself a media sensation and it's paying off for her.

Jessica Simpson has purposely acted stupid to make herself a media sensation and now she's reaping the rewards.

And no. . .you can't fail an IQ test. Obviously, bulldog being as smart as he is and being able to spot stupidity in people at every turn doesn't need to know that.;)

No, you cannot fail, but you can do very horrible on it

g$$
10-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Still wanna argue Chris Simms (injured) is not on an NFL roster? That was another nugget you enlightened us with recently.

VY's stats look great too! David Givens not good when healthy?

Good riddance.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:40 PM
did you notice that Leinart had the same amount of sacks in half the starts? that titans line is better than the cardinal line, actually, Cuero's line is better than the Arizona line...

Ummm. No.

The Arizona offensive line, while pretty offensive, is rather expensive and SHOULD be good.

They picked up Matt's buddy Deuce Latusi in the draft as a top lineman. They got a guy from the Steelers who was supposed to be the real deal. They've got the #2 pick from a few years ago in Leonard Davis (from Texas, and yes he needs work, ugh). If they stink it's on the coaching staff.

This is Tennessee's O-Line:

70 Daniel Loper OT 24 6-6 320 2 Texas Tech
71 Michael Roos OT 24 6-7 315 2 Eastern Washington
76 David Stewart OT 24 6-7 318 2 Mississippi State
60 Jacob Bell OG 25 6-4 295 3 Miami (OH)
73 Justin Geisinger OG 24 6-3 322 2 Vanderbilt
75 Benji Olson OG 31 6-4 320 9 Washington
69 Zach Piller OG 30 6-5 315 8 Florida

Benji olsen is the only halfway decent player on there. They've been playing out of their minds since Vince got the starting job tho. Maybe because Vince is a leader and they already love him.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Still wanna argue Chris Simms (injured) is not on an NFL roster? That was another nugget you enlightened us with recently.

VY's stats look great too! David Givens not good when healthy?

Good riddance.

Simms might never play again. David Givens. . .uh, how many Pro-Bowls has he been to?

Full Name: David Lamar Givens
Born: August 16, 1980
Youngstown, OH
Height: 6-0
Weight: 215 lbs.

Pos: WR
Experience: 5 years
College: Notre Dame
Drafted: Year:2002 Round:7 Pick:42, Patriots

Status Alert: Out

Here's a hint. . .he's never cracked a 1000 yard season. 12 TD receptions his entire career. He's a beast alright, g$$!!

And I'm glad you act like you can get rid of me. That ego of yours is gonna get you one day. Maybe you think you'll be able to go hunt down an internet poster who's been troubling you and get away with it....
;)

wimbo_pro
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM
It's a sure sign that one has lost an argument when they call the other guy a racist when there was NOTHING said about race...not even remotely implied. You should apologize, WestTXLonghorn. G$$ didnt deserve that kind of treatment....and no, I dont even know him OR you...just an outsider reading the posts who lives just south of Austin.

g$$
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Given is a solid receiver with Super Bowl rings.

And he is from Humble HS (moved to Texas from Ohio as a child).

Maybe it has something to do with the 5 plays VY is running since he has "mastered" the playbook. And the fact he struggles throwing the football vs. NFL defenses too.

Time will tell as I have said 1000 times. No one said Tennessee was good either.

Good riddance. You should have known better than to play the race card.

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Given is a solid receiver with Super Bowl rings.

And he is from Humble HS (moved to Texas from Ohio as a child).

Maybe it has something to do with the 5 plays VY is running since he has "mastered" the playbook. And the fact he struggles throwing the football vs. NFL defenses too.

Time will tell as I have said 1000 times. No one said Tennessee was good either.

Good riddance. You should have known better than to play the race card.

g$$
10-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Just wondering why you boast about meeting an athlete? Are you a stalker?

I played college sports.
I have worked in college & pro sports.
I have met many others along the way.

You know what? SO WHAT.

In the business they call people like you "jock sniffers" & "cleat chasers". People who associate their existence by rubbing close to those they consider famous. Really sad too.

I stand on my own - do you?

WestTXLonghorn
10-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Just wondering why you boast about meeting an athlete? Are you a stalker?

I played college sports;
I have worked in college & pro sports.
I have met many others along the way.

You know what? SO WHAT.

In the business they call people like you "jock sniffers" & "cleat chasers". People who associate their existence thru rubbing close to those they consider famous. Really sad too.

I stand on my own - do you?

Hey. I'm done. I'm gone. Quit arguing with a soon to be ROMed member. Take the high road, g$$!! Don't stoop down to my level!

But if you want an answer. . .I only said I talked to him on the way to class. Maybe all of about 2 times for a total of 10 minutes tops. Sorry if that equates to "jock sniffer" in your book, which would be a personal attack, by the way.;)

g$$
10-17-2006, 06:07 PM
But it's not racist!

Good riddance.

RMAC
10-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Tennessee's receiving corp:

Drew Bennett 21 305 14.5 36 1 1 0
Bobby Wade 12 174 14.5 25 0 0 0
Bo Scaife 11 164 14.9 28 1 1 1
Brandon Jones 10 110 11.0 23 1 0 0
Ben Troupe 7 105 15.0 32 1 0 0
David Givens 8 104 13.0 27 0 0 0
Roydell Williams 3 46 15.3 20 0 0 0

Do you recognize ANY of those guys? I know Bo Scaife because he was a tight end here at UT. . .and umm. . .Drew Bennett because he's pretty decent. Derek Mason, their best receiver from the Super Bowl year is with the Ravens.

Arizona's receiving corp:

Anquan Boldin 40 502 12.6 49 3 0 0
Larry Fitzgerald 25 336 13.4 46 2 0 0
Bryant Johnson 12 244 20.3 54 2 0 0
Edgerrin James 23 133 5.8 14 0 0 0
Troy Walters 11 84 7.6 26 1 0 0
Leonard Pope 4 50 12.5 18 0 0 0

Three 1st round picks and a consistent Pro-Bowler.

Vince gets more done with less. Fact.

Well then you're just contradicting yourself with this one when you say that you can't compare 2 different styles of offenses. You're mediocre at this arguing thing at best. I remember watching a debate where a guy contradicted himself and got nailed in the rebuttle. Well longhorn, you've just been nailed.

P.s. Assuming, and that's a BIG assuming, you're telling the truth about "talking" to Young every day going to class, I can bet you he doesn't even remember your name.

RMAC
10-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Let's just ROM everybody.:D

rockdale80
10-17-2006, 06:16 PM
This thread turned into a lovers quarrel.

Guessing the make up session will be extra intense tonight....;)

Ranger Mom
10-17-2006, 06:21 PM
OMG!!!! After reading all of this I NEED A DRINK!!!!

I honestly don't understand how the "race card" got thrown in on this discussion! I didn't see anywhere where anyone was being racist. (If I missed something here, please point it out to me, I'm curious)!!

RMAC
10-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I honestly don't understand how the "race card" got thrown in on this discussion! I didn't see anywhere where anyone was being racist. (If I missed something here, please point it out to me, I'm curious)!!

Not that my opinion matters, but I didn't really see anything like that either.

g$$
10-17-2006, 06:38 PM
He called me a racist in regards to Vince Young. Totally out of left field. Nothing preceded it. Start at page 5 & move to the end. Are you going to allow this?

If so, it opens a whole can of worms...

g$$
10-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Has to be love involved to have that kind of quarrel.

That's not the word I would use...

pirate4state
10-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by g$$
He called me a racist in regards to Vince Young. Totally out of left field. Nothing preceded it. Start at page 5 & move to the end. Are you going to allow this?

:confused: Who are you talking to?? Send a mod a PM or report the post in question. They aren't on 24-7.

Why can't you two just STOP!!

Ranger Mom
10-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by g$$

You totally misunderstood what I was saying in my post. I am saying I didn't see where you said anything that could have been taken as being racist. I am defending you not defaming you!!

g$$
10-17-2006, 06:43 PM
I have done both. Thanks for the help.

from West TX:
My bias against Matt isn't anywhere close to your bias against Vince, a lot of which is probably BASED ON RACISM anyway. At least I just dislike Matt because he's a complete fool and spoiled brat.

carter08
10-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: Who are you talking to?? Send a mod a PM or report the post in question. They aren't on 24-7.

Why can't you two just STOP!!

It has stopped

rockdale80
10-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Has to be love involved to have that kind of quarrel.

That's not the word I would use...

LUSTFUL?

Ranger Mom
10-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
I have done both. Thanks for the help.

from West TX:
My bias against Matt isn't anywhere close to your bias against Vince, a lot of which is probably BASED ON RACISM anyway. At least I just dislike Matt because he's a complete fool and spoiled brat.

He is done and gone now...so maybe we can get back to some normalcy again.

Probably not though!!:p

pirate4state
10-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I honestly don't understand how the "race card" got thrown in on this discussion! I didn't see anywhere where anyone was being racist. (If I missed something here, please point it out to me, I'm curious)!! I couldn't even finish it - it hurt my head! :crazy1:

g$$
10-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Thank you Ranger Mom. The issue is an attack on my integrity as a person & I will not take that from anyone or anywhere. The guy has never even met me & I take great offense to what he said & implied in his post.

That is why Pirate I have not let it go until hopefully action is taken.

Ranger Mom
10-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Thank you Ranger Mom. The issue is an attack on my integrity as a person & I will not take that from anyone or anywhere. The guy has never even met me & I take great offense to what he said & implied in his post.

That is why Pirate I have not let it go until hopefully action is taken.

Thank LHPM!!

I'm the favorite aunt here!!!:D :D

(Inside joke..LHPM will get it!!):p