PDA

View Full Version : PPHSfan is ROM

sinton66
10-16-2006, 05:58 PM
To answer your question bud, yes, you CAN be rommed for cursing in an open thread even when it's disguised in morse code. "F" bombs are not allowed on this board in ANY form. You of all people should have known better.

carter08
10-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I appluad you sinton66 :clap: :clap: :clap:

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 06:17 PM
this is big......and sucks too

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Wow......

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 06:23 PM
I guess he found out... (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48927&highlight=pphsfan)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm not one to question moderators Tony, and I have always trusted your judgment, but 98% of the people on this board had no clue how to even READ what was said, and the other 2% who did didn't CARE. PPHSfan brings more to this board than any other single poster, is a donating member, and a good man. Using cuss words is a part of everyday life. We can have people on here insulting the mentally handicapped, but in a joke that people have to work to read that is a simple word, a prominent member gets ROM'd.

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 06:26 PM
FREE PPHSFAN!!!!:mad:

Emerson1
10-16-2006, 06:26 PM
He should get a warning.

If he doesn't, then PhilC should be banned for cussing in the chatroom. If it was his "nephew" that did it, then it was pphsfans "nephew" that did it.

carter08
10-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He should get a warning.

If he doesn't, then PhilC should be banned for cussing in the chatroom. If it was his "nephew" that did it, then it was pphsfans "nephew" that did it.

He's probably been warned

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 06:30 PM
He should get a warning.

If he doesn't, then PhilC should be banned for cussing in the chatroom. If it was his "nephew" that did it, then it was pphsfans "nephew" that did it. How do you know that he didn't. I've gotten several warnings each time I was out of line. I hate the fact that he is rommed. He was insightful at times, but just like any one of us, he occasionally crosses that line. Whether or not that deserves a romming isn't my call, it's RM's/Tony's/Debbie's/and Slpy. In defense of the moderators, I've recieved warnings from all four before about needing to change something or saying something I shouldn't, so don't pull the Tony is Old or out of touch card. It just sucks that pphsfan is gone.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
He should get a warning.

That's bullcrap. Phil C can't control the actions of others. Granted he should not have allowed it to happen, Phil C has never done anything wrong on this message board, so in your defense of PPHSfan, don't try to bring down others with him. Man, wise up.

Old Tiger
Originally posted by carter08
He's probably been warned You have no say so.

Emerson1
10-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
That's bullcrap. Phil C can't control the actions of others. Granted he should not have allowed it to happen, Phil C has never done anything wrong on this message board, so in your defense of PPHSfan, don't try to bring down others with him. Man, wise up.
How do we know it was PPHSFan who made the post? It could of been someone at his house messing around.

carter08
10-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
You have no say so.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION :mad: :mad:

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 06:32 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION :mad: :mad: Shhhh..

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 06:32 PM
How do we know it was PPHSFan who made the post? It could of been someone at his house messing around. using that logic, we should un-rom everyone....

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
using that logic, we should un-rom everyone.... SPEAKING of....We should un-ROM cunbed10

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2006, 06:36 PM
How do we know it was PPHSFan who made the post? It could of been someone at his house messing around.

Your argument is faulty. Everyone is responsible for whatever is said on his/her name. Phil C was no different, he owned up to what happened and apologized, and the situation is over. This is the right here and now, and in no way are you strengthening your argument by throwing garbage out there.

DU_stud04
10-16-2006, 06:36 PM
the king :(

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I do not think that in this case it is appropriate for members of the board to start waging war against each other. What did the ROMing of PPHSfan prove, except that he is accountable for his actions just like everyone else? Maybe it's the fact that the Downlow has grown too strict and putting a damper on the fun and the spirit that this board was built upon. Is it against the rules to have a laugh, even it is disguised and an inside joke to all of us? I have seen numerous times where other vulgar words were openly stated in the forums, but when one is said with no malicious intent, why in this situation does it matter now? How is this situation different from any other?

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 06:42 PM
http://www.restinpeacerecords.com/images/rip_logo.jpg

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
I do not think that in this case it is appropriate for members of the board to start waging war against each other. What did the ROMing of PPHSfan prove, except that he is accountable for his actions just like everyone else? Maybe it's the fact that the Downlow has grown too strict and putting a damper on the fun and the spirit that this board was built upon. Is it against the rules to have a laugh, even it is disguised and an inside joke to all of us? I have seen numerous times where other vulgar words were openly stated in the forums, but when one is said with no malicious intent, why in this situation does it matter now? How is this situation different from any other? as the downlow get's bigger it has to be more enforceful

jlwzz
10-16-2006, 06:43 PM
morse code? wow! i guess i better learn that, i do know sos i think is this right ...---...

hope pphs gets a second chance in the near future

injuredinmelee
10-16-2006, 06:51 PM
whats so great about pphsfan? Just curious as to what he brings that everyone finds so endearing?

sinton66
10-16-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm NOT going to debate this with any of you. We have a set of rules that we apply to everyone as best we can. Any of you that have a problem with this action are welcome to contact Matthew328, but be forewarned, I already have.

injuredinmelee
10-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I'm NOT going to debate this with any of you. We have a set of rules that we apply to everyone as best we can. Any of you that have a problem with this action are welcome to contact Matthew328, but be forewarned, I already have.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm NOT going to debate this with any of you. We have a set of rules that we apply to everyone as best we can. Any of you that have a problem with this action are welcome to contact Matthew328, but be forewarned, I already have. Because we are the master debater's? :p

Resistance if futile!

DU_stud04
10-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
PPHS and Gsquared are my favorites
:D

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 07:00 PM
lmao

Emerson1
10-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
:D
General consensus

carter08
10-16-2006, 07:02 PM
The grassroots effort has been squished :mad:

Oh well :D

injuredinmelee
10-16-2006, 07:02 PM
no one to answer my question? What was so great about pphs?

injuredinmelee
10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
The grassroots effort has been squished :mad:

Oh well :D

just like your dlow lifespan you keep posting those... lol

pirate4state
10-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
no one to answer my question? What was so great about pphs? He is really funny. Or at least I think so. *shrug* Oh well...we all know that people get multiple "chances" on this board. :rolleyes:

jlwzz
10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm NOT going to debate this with any of you. We have a set of rules that we apply to everyone as best we can. Any of you that have a problem with this action are welcome to contact Matthew328, but be forewarned, I already have. its ok sinton settle down its all ok youll be fine take a deep breath

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
What isn't to like about PPHSfan?

cats2151
10-16-2006, 07:08 PM
ppsb is the football god!

Matthew328
10-16-2006, 07:11 PM
It makes me sad that PPHS had to be ROM'd....but rules are rules and exceptions can't be made for anyone...I don't believe in it..I consider PPHSFan a friend but he's not the first friend that was banned...I considered cunbed10 a friend also....can PPHSFan come back?? I don't know its not my call...I support sinton66 as I would support any fellow mod when a tough decision is made..it doesn't matter that most didnt know what he said...the fact is HE knew what he said and he knew it wasn't appropriate...you may not all agree with the decision but I hope you at least understand.

Gobbler Fan
10-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Morse Code :confused: :rolleyes:

carter08
10-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Was this morse code in the thread we all did this:

...,.,.,.,.,.,,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,../,.,.,./,/./,;./,'
???

Gobbler Fan
10-16-2006, 07:13 PM
you better take that back ........:cool:

3afan
10-16-2006, 07:19 PM
To answer your question bud, yes, you CAN be rommed for cursing in an open thread even when it's disguised in morse code. "F" bombs are not allowed on this board in ANY form. You of all people should have known better.

:eek:

dang, thats too bad ................

jlwzz
10-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
It makes me sad that PPHS had to be ROM'd....but rules are rules and exceptions can't be made for anyone...I don't believe in it..I consider PPHSFan a friend but he's not the first friend that was banned...I considered cunbed10 a friend also....can PPHSFan come back?? I don't know its not my call...I support sinton66 as I would support any fellow mod when a tough decision is made..it doesn't matter that most didnt know what he said...the fact is HE knew what he said and he knew it wasn't appropriate...you may not all agree with the decision but I hope you at least understand. Dont take this wrong but that is a little petty when this works *** in the word, i know i should shut up but thay was just a stupid thread for fun. peace

Emerson1
10-16-2006, 07:34 PM
It's Adrian Peterson's fault

eagles_victory
10-16-2006, 07:36 PM
All im going to say is whatever decision the mods make is final and Im not questioning them. I know that not all situations are the same and its almost impossible to prevent a few double standards from occuring. However in my honest opinion people have gotten away with a lot worse and are still here. Again not questioning anyone just stating my opinion.

DU_stud04
10-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
just like your dlow lifespan you keep posting those... lol

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
10-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
Dont take this wrong but that is a little petty when this works *** in the word, i know i should shut up but thay was just a stupid thread for fun. peace

You might want to read rule #1 again.

DU_stud04
10-16-2006, 08:11 PM
nm

lostaussie
10-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
nm your thread is gone:thinking:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2006, 08:53 PM
1). Keep it clean.
Vulgarity, profanity, sexually explicit/sexually suggestive language and/or pictures, and racial remarks will not be tolerated. Your posts will be monitored and evaluated based on both language and context, so even if you substitute characters for certain letters, it's the MEANING that counts.

pirate4state
10-16-2006, 08:56 PM
1). Keep it clean.
Vulgarity, profanity, sexually explicit/sexually suggestive language and/or pictures, and racial remarks will not be tolerated. Your posts will be monitored and evaluated based on both language and context, so even if you substitute characters for certain letters, it's the MEANING that counts.

:doh: What happens when the mods are involved?? :devil:

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 08:57 PM
1). Keep it clean.

The statement above is true.