Caldwell 0

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Why are they out?

herewego
10-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Why are they out?

Like clockwork, they didn't antipate a defender wanting to injure a top player out of anger and frustration. And as always happens, a top player went down (Waters). Deere, who was hurt vs. Robinson last month, is still out. He was just one of two guys who rushed for 150 yards or more in the stomping of 4A Elgin and shutouts over Rockdale and Hearne.

Unless a miracle hits Caldwell, get out the basketballs.

Not sure what's more depressing.... getting forced into basketball season or showing up at school Monday morning explaining you got injured by a player from ..................

Smithville!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Sounds like that is only 2 players, it takes 11 to play.

eagles_victory
10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
in other news on caldwell ive heard there color guard has vastly improved over the last 2 to 3 years.

pirate4state
10-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
in other news on caldwell ive heard there color guard has vastly improved over the last 2 to 3 years. lol

herewego
10-16-2006, 02:58 PM
in other news on caldwell ive heard there color guard has vastly improved over the last 2 to 3 years.

Not true. :-)

herewego
10-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Sounds like that is only 2 players, it takes 11 to play.

Yea, you would think all those reserves would have learned the team's two offensive plays by now. Good grief!

Boosty_Hondo
10-16-2006, 03:03 PM

lmao straight up hilarious

herewego
10-16-2006, 03:08 PM
The color guard's average weight exceeds that of the defensive line. Hey, wait a minute, they could replace the injured!

Bull19
10-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by herewego
The color guard's average weight exceeds that of the defensive line. Hey, wait a minute, they could replace the injured!

THATS JUST PLAIN WRONG RIGHT THERE^^^^^

jlwzz
10-16-2006, 06:16 PM
LORD FORGIVE HIM AND ALL THE PIGMIES IN ? LMASO

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 06:28 PM
On a sidenote Smithville plays very dirty but two players don't make a team.

UNLESS you are Sergio Kindle at Woodrow Wilson.

herewego
10-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
On a sidenote Smithville plays very dirty but two players don't make a team.

UNLESS you are Sergio Kindle at Woodrow Wilson.

I want 'em to grab a playoff spot as much as anyone, but I'm so disgusted over all the injuries (top players at that) that out of frustration, I've sorta given up. The defense is very good, true, but you gotta score points, too, and without Waters, Deere and Canto, you're looking at 10-minute drives that HAVE to count every possession. That's not an easy task.

Good luck to both teams.

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I want 'em to grab a playoff spot as much as anyone, but I'm so disgusted over all the injuries (top players at that) that out of frustration, I've sorta given up. The defense is very good, true, but you gotta score points, too, and without Waters, Deere and Canto, you're looking at 10-minute drives that HAVE to count every possession. That's not an easy task.

Good luck to both teams. I know how you are feeling about this situation and you should feel that way.

herewego
10-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Caldwell's annual motto: Watch out next year...............

Yea, yea, yea, blah, blah, blah.....

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Caldwell's annual motto: Watch out next year...............

Yea, yea, yea, blah, blah, blah..... It's better than this motto...

We didn't lose we just ran out of time.

herewego
10-16-2006, 07:00 PM
I'll bet you any amount of money that Caldwell comes out vs. La Grange and looks like they are taking sleeping pills. Just like in Robinson.

Because the players don't keep up with scores of other district teams, they figure they'll make it "exciting" by waiting til the last week and pulling off a miracle (vs. Bellville..... yea, if you say so)

Pudlugger
10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Dang! Way too much negativity on this thread. Caldwell will come to play in La Grange. It will be a tough game. Caldwell always plays it tough against the Leps. Injuries are part of football. Coaches have to prepare the backups. The two's can step up and make some plays. Many good players got their chance after the starter got injured. I'm sure Caldwell will find a way to give the Leps all they want Friday.

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 07:07 PM
We need one of them little singing catfish here.

herewego
10-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Dang! Way too much negativity on this thread. Caldwell will come to play in La Grange. It will be a tough game. Caldwell always plays it tough against the Leps. Injuries are part of football. Coaches have to prepare the backups. The two's can step up and make some plays. Many good players got their chance after the starter got injured. I'm sure Caldwell will find a way to give the Leps all they want Friday.

I realize it's smart strategy to play up Caldwell like they're gonna put the fear of God in the Leps so your beloved La Grange will get fired up.

But I'm telling ya......... you're worrying over nuthin'

Besides, last year we lost to a team that was not nearly as good as we were and we proved that by winning the last three games, but only after it took a comment in the Rockdale paper to get the team angry and offended. Caldwell wins when they "want" to but only with guys who have established field chemistry. Every week, you hear a new name on the P.A. system - so what do the coaches do? Why, they use the same player and variation of 2 or 3 plays on every possession. I'll bet money if LG throws a bomb in the first minute, it'll be a TD. Caldwell has NEVER had a pass defense. To the defense, the ball is a hot potato they don't want any part of.

Just ask BBDE about Waters. Without him, Caldwell's ammo is all be depleted. Just speaking the facts so you can go get fired up for Gilmer......

Pudlugger
10-16-2006, 09:39 PM
Somebody blowing smoke here or what? The Leps will not be caught asleep at the wheel. Caldwell can't be hurting that much. :cool:

herewego
10-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Somebody blowing smoke here or what? The Leps will not be caught asleep at the wheel. Caldwell can't be hurting that much. :cool:

You see - I knew you operated that way. We had two sophomore RB's fill in after Waters went down and they scored on basic runs against Smithville ---- SMITHVILLE. No offense to Smithville, but scoring a 10-yard TD against them is not quite the same as say, scoring on the all-and-powerful La Grange.

Funny how people are taking Caldwell seriously now. That sure wasn't the case when we were picked fifth in district. Toss a pass in the first minute or two, celebrate a TD and then tell me to eat crow.

Without Waters AND Deere AND Canto? Give me a break.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-18-2006, 08:58 PM

Unless a miracle hits Caldwell, get out the basketballs.

Not a lot of confidence in your coach and players?