PDA

View Full Version : Forney/WP (Logical)

WpSr03
11-14-2002, 12:13 AM
Aight I'm tired of reading so much of the bs ppl are saying about this game. So much of it lacks reason. Being logical is something that is often done by a lot of ppl on the site, but on the topic of Forney and Wills Point I havn't really seen it yet. Wills Point players make humorous statements, and the Forney fans use so little logic and bias that it is ridiculous. So I'm gonna lay out my take on this game and see what kind of response and LOGICAL REASONING that I get back.
Forney:
How else can you put it? Forney is a great team. They always are, and almost always will be. The Forney threat this year lies yet again in their running game, no suprise really. And a great one it is. Their pass from what I understand is about mediocre. Since I'm not a huge follower of Forney, that is all I really know.
Wills Point:
Now here is a team I DO know about. I have watched all but 1 of these guy's games. Wills Point has one of the best passing teams in the state. Granted, they feed off a seemingly unlimited pot of big plays, but they put a lot of point's on the board, and still manage to control the ball nicely on offense. What most people don't see or care to notice is that WP has a damn fine running game themselves. Lonnie Brumley is anything but a joke, and is extremely hard to keep down. Greene doesn't get near as many snaps, but he can put 100 yards on the board with only a handfull, you can't ignore this guy.
The Game:
Wills Point is way too rounded on offense to make a ridiculous statement such as "WP 14" when it comes to the retarded point predictions I am seeing for this game. And Forney has way too nice of a running game for the WP players to say that they will shut it down. I honestly think WP's passing AND running game will run rampant, and that Forney's running game will be running on all cylinders all night. Everyone is right about WPnot going against a formidable running attack thus far this year. That's obvious, but how could you say WP can't handle it just becuase of that? None of you know what WP is capable of, quit acting like you do. WP doesn't even really know. And Wills Point's big play offense? It's hilarious to say WP will lose becuase Forney doesn't give up the necessary big plays. Yes, that is our type of offense, that is what we rely on. But WP makes big plays, and it shouldn't be any different with Forney. Forney has yet to go up against a team that thrives off big plays as often as WP, how can anyone know how their D will handle the WP attack? QUIT ASSUMING! Neither of these teams has been truly tested against the type of offense they are each about to go up against. Running attack vs Big plays. Anything against the last point I made is completely illogical, so stay away from it. All that can be done on that one is to ASSUME and that is pointless. I don't know who will win this game, I can't even make a reasonable prediction. But damn't, I can't wait till Friday to see what happens!

jason
11-14-2002, 12:18 AM
Dude, you wrote WAY TOO MUCH for this board, it seemed like the first paragraph was good but I lost interest as I kept going. To bad you have to go out in the first round as a senior...It does suck...

Jimbotex40
11-14-2002, 12:22 AM
i like your logic WPsr03

hope to see you at the game

where will you sit?

i'll be running our flags so you might be able to spot me doing that. i might drop by and maybe even give you a friendly good luck hand shake if i can find you.

Rabbit'93
11-14-2002, 12:33 AM
Let me start off by saying great post. Your points are well taken. Most of what everyone says on this board is done with bias, assumption, ignorance, and good ol' fashoined BS. I've seen one WP game this year(Lindale), and was impressed with what I saw. This board is here so all us old guy's can live vicariously through our alma mater's. I think the "Point" is a fine team but I hope Forney pulls it out. See you Fri.

WpSr03
11-14-2002, 12:35 AM
Lol glad you agree Jimbo. Jason didn't I guess wink Not really sure where I'll be sitting (Home side of course), never been to Hanby stadium! But if you're running the flags you'll obviously be easy to spot lol. I'll holler at ya if I see ya! And best of luck to your team!

Rabbit'93
11-14-2002, 12:35 AM
Jimbo so your the "flag guy"? :D

Rabbit'93
11-14-2002, 12:37 AM
Hey '03 I'm just razzin' ya but what make this post logical? Just becuse it came from a WP point of view. :D

WpSr03
11-14-2002, 12:44 AM
Lol well, I tried to break the situation down as best I could without any biased remarks. Stayed away from the "My team will win becuase you guys can't hang" type of thing. Too much of that already. I've just been reading everything being said about the game lately, and just now decided to reply to everything that I remember reading, at least what stood out... in my own little way :) I'll take analyzing and weeding out stupidity over stirring up the mentally challenged trailer trash views of so many any day! wink

jason
11-14-2002, 12:49 AM
Hey WpSr03...I agreed with you, but I read WAY too much in college so if a post is more than a paragraph, then I lose interest...Hope everybody has a great time at the game...Jimbo, have fun running the flags. Peace Out

jason

justanopinion
11-14-2002, 09:37 AM
WPSR03,
I just want to say great post.

I also run the flags with JIMBOTEX40 so I hope to see ya.

Good luck to both teams on Friday!

cajun1
11-14-2002, 10:11 AM
Let's just have a good game and pray no one get's hurt.
Good Luck to both teams!!!!
I will be on the home side as you know and I hope we pull this one out...
To the Forney boys that I have help coached in the youth football all stars good luck...
You know who I am by now so I will see yall Friday.
Tiger fan and father for years...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PPHSfan
11-14-2002, 12:21 PM
Well Ok, I am going to try and stray away from my Trailer Parks roots, and make a post that has been well thought out in the abstract and laced with as much logic as I can find. (Hey wait a minute...I always do that)

Here goes.

I predicted Forney will win this game 35-14 and now it appears as though by doing so, I am an idiot. Hmmmmm well lets just take a look at all of the silly ways that I came to this conclusion.

Records of oposing teams that both Forney and Wills Point have played.

Forney 51-48
Wills Point 36-64

Wills point has only faced one team with a winning record this year, and that would be 7-3 Gilmer.

Forney has played 4A 9-1 Aledo, 8-2 Commerce, 8-1 Wilmer Hutchins, and 7-3 Crandall

Wills Point is 10-1

Forney at 9-1, lost their only game to 4A 9-1 Aledo.

Wills Point beat 7-3 Gilmer

Forney handed the Defending State Champions 3A DII 8-2 Commerce one of their two losses, and offensive powerhouse Wilmer Hutchins 8-1 their only loss.

Wills point has not played anyone this year that has the; Coaching, Offense, Defense, Special Teams, Athletes, or Playoff experience that Forney does.

Forney has played several good teams this year, and YES..Commerce and Wilmer Hutchins both have explosive offenses...just like Wills Point.

Wills Point has lost in the first round the past three years.

Forney went 2 deep last year, went to State Finals in 2000, and lost in the first round in 99

The list goes on, but I will stop here and say this. I think Wills Point has a great Football team, from what I can tell from reading box scores and news articles. And I honestly believe that they should go a lot deeper than round one. However, bad luck puts them up against Forney in round one, and I just don't think they have enough to win this one.

I am going to stick to my guns.

Forney 35
Wills Point 14

If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it late Friday night. As long as my 3rd computer does not crash on me :p

Good Luck to Both teams!!!!

WillsPointgradTJC
11-14-2002, 12:53 PM
Great posts all around. I have said all along that this is a very even game. I will simply say this, it will be fun to watch and I am sad it will happen in the first round but that is just the way it goes for Wills Point the last 4 years:
Aledo: Defending State Champs
Commerce: (at Hanaby): Defending State Champs
Commerce: State Champs
Every year we came within a Quarter of beating these great teams and Forney has played all puds in the first round. Will be a great game I am will be there if anyone wants to meet me I am the 6'6" guy with a polo visor on. My prediction is that it will be a great game and WE SHALL SEE!

Fahq07
11-14-2002, 03:21 PM
Ok im tired of hearing wills point fans cry about not getting any recognition. Maybe yall can beat forney in 7 on 7 and you should be able to because you throw the ball most of the time. But there is no way on earth WP can beat forney in a real game. Also as a former forney player i thought it was pretty gay when other players got on and posted messages talkin trash about what they were gonna do and then didnt do it. If the WP players had any class at all they wouldnt be on here. You dont see the forney players posting messages. Forney will take this one.

this is the way we ball
11-14-2002, 03:25 PM
Hey WillsPointGradTJC thanks for telling me where to go if it starts ligtning. :D

Hey Fahq07 does that mean that you don't have any class since you are posting on this site? :p

WillsPointgradTJC
11-14-2002, 05:02 PM
Did you see where it said logical, it does not say give us your stupid comments, everything I said is fact and I admit we lost but we are proud that we hung in there with the best in the state and if you went here you would be to. I am sorry you are so mad that you sat on the bench for 4 years but that is not our fault. All the Forney players do there trash talking on the feild (admit it :) ) so dont put these guys down because they are proud of there team.

BTW: Who even cares about 7 on 7 anyways!
BTW: very funny, this is the way we ball, nice name, lil flip was down here in Tyler about 3 weeks ago, he hung in the student center then did a show at a local club wink

Fahq07
11-14-2002, 07:52 PM
notice I did say -former- forney player, it is ok for people that dont play to post, but players that get on here to talk trash have no class. I dont care whether they are proud or not. Yes forney player might talk trash on the field, but who doesnt? Oh and no i didnt sit the bench for four years. How would you know anyway?