PDA

View Full Version : Region I Game of the Week (7): Sanger @ Decatur

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Sanger Indians will be in Decatur Friday to play the Eagles and to determine the front-runner for the district 8-3A race.

The Eagles have a 6-0 record and were ranked # 7 on the AP poll from Oct. 10.

The Indians come into the game 5-1, with the loss to 4A Little Elm.

Thoughts? Predictions?

RMAC
10-16-2006, 10:14 AM
I'll say Decatur by 7. They've been on a role all season and will take that momentum into the playoffs. Being at home doesn't hurt either.

Stownhorse
10-16-2006, 10:49 AM
21-14 Sanger Indians

Butkus
10-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
21-14 Sanger Indians Give it up youngun they beat us fair and square. Give them eagles their due and stop showin yur ignorance.

Stownhorse
10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
DUDE! I'm minding my own business and stating my opinion and you start bringing up OLD crap...so just chill out "youngun"

Butkus
10-16-2006, 11:04 AM
"youngun" Son I got drawers older than u and we already know ur opinions weve seen plenty of them already.

Stownhorse
10-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Son I got drawers older than u and we already know ur opinions weve seen plenty of them already.

I bet those drawers got skid marks too....Son

Butkus
10-16-2006, 11:08 AM
I bet those drawers got skid marks too....Son Youd be right bout that junior. :thumbsup:

HAN SING
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Master Hoss Cartwright have brown stain in his underpants too. It help him to know what side goes where. Brown streak in back, Yellow stain in front.

STANG RED
10-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by HAN SING
Master Hoss Cartwright have brown stain in his underpants too. It help him to know what side goes where. Brown streak in back, Yellow stain in front.

LMAO, Now that right there is funny, I dont care who you are.

I'll take Decatur by 14 at home in this one.

oldcrow
10-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I'll say Decatur by 7. They've been on a role all season and will take that momentum into the playoffs. Being at home doesn't hurt either.

You must be the guy who dropped the famous pooch kick this year.

jlwzz
10-16-2006, 06:12 PM
I'll have to take homer call here and say Decatur at home by 21

Sanger 13
Decatur 34

Stownhorse
10-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by jlwzz
I'll have to take homer call here and say Decatur at home by 21

Sanger 13
Decatur 34

its possible

#1Eaglefan
10-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Sanger will by far be the toughest opponent we've faced since Sweetwater with the most momentum of anyone we've faced. I hope the boys don't take them lightly. Sanger is always big, fast, and coached really well. It will be a great game, but I feel very confident in the way the Eagles are playing. I do wish that Coach Story would forget about Cardenas and start looking at the underclassmen as far as receivers. Cardenas has proven game after game this year that he cannot catch a football. He drops everything that touches him, even if it hits him right in the hands. Great kid, but he can't catch this year. Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!

VWG
10-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Sanger with the upset. Indians 17 Decatur 7

vet93
10-17-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't think that it is right to criticize a young man by name on the board...just my opinion...unless of course you are the person mentioned and you are making fun of yourself.

Originally posted by #1Eaglefan
Sanger will by far be the toughest opponent we've faced since Sweetwater with the most momentum of anyone we've faced. I hope the boys don't take them lightly. Sanger is always big, fast, and coached really well. It will be a great game, but I feel very confident in the way the Eagles are playing. I do wish that Coach Story would forget about Cardenas and start looking at the underclassmen as far as receivers. Cardenas has proven game after game this year that he cannot catch a football. He drops everything that touches him, even if it hits him right in the hands. Great kid, but he can't catch this year. Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!

sweetwater07
10-17-2006, 11:51 AM
i;d like to see Sanger upset this district rival....i have heard around the grapevine that Argyle or Sanger will be our first round opponent....can anyone from 8-3A back this up

Send_the_House
10-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Your first round should be either of those two.. Unless Abilene Wylie does not make the playoffs... then you get Decatur...

something like that.. but its a long way away..

I pick Decatur in a tough, physical district game...

there will be some pounding in this one.

jlwzz
10-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Sanger will by far be the toughest opponent we've faced since Sweetwater with the most momentum of anyone we've faced. I hope the boys don't take them lightly. Sanger is always big, fast, and coached really well. It will be a great game, but I feel very confident in the way the Eagles are playing. I do wish that Coach Story would forget about Cardenas and start looking at the underclassmen as far as receivers. Cardenas has proven game after game this year that he cannot catch a football. He drops everything that touches him, even if it hits him right in the hands. Great kid, but he can't catch this year. Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!! why would you want to dog our Coach like that?
i do think you are not the #1 eagle fan, i think your the one that not getting to play! this will not as tough of a game as everyone thinks, Decaturs defense will stop that running game that is suppose to be so great, and we will score like i said earlier.

34-13

#1Eaglefan
10-17-2006, 08:12 PM
You're right I may not be the #1 Eagle Fan! But I am very close to the top of the list! I am also a very big fan of Coach Story! I am just saying that I wish he would look into the stable a little more. There's more than 1 horse(Eagle) that can maybe catch one of Cobbs passes. You're also right that I am not getting to play much. I had my chance 20 years ago! And I did catch the ball then! I am not knocking Coach Story, Cardenas or any other Eagle player! I am strickly stating what every other person sitting in the bleachers sees. He's not getting the job done this year as a receiver. He's kicking great! He's defending the ball great! I just feel some of the others might need to be looked at. And by the way I am the #1EagleFan!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bleed BLUE!:p

Matthew328
10-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Sanger should play Decatur tough...they have a great RB Nathan Pegues, if he would have played in Week 1 Sanger is 6-0 right now....

NateDawg39
10-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Decatur 33-24, I think Sanger gives us a run for our money...

Underwater Basketweaver
10-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Sanger should play Decatur tough...they have a great RB Nathan Pegues, if he would have played in Week 1 Sanger is 6-0 right now....

No offense Matt but you may want to check your facts....Pegues did play in that game. Little Elm just beat them.

Old Tiger
10-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Decatur

jlwzz
10-18-2006, 04:37 PM
You're right I may not be the #1 Eagle Fan! But I am very close to the top of the list! I am also a very big fan of Coach Story! I am just saying that I wish he would look into the stable a little more. There's more than 1 horse(Eagle) that can maybe catch one of Cobbs passes. You're also right that I am not getting to play much. I had my chance 20 years ago! And I did catch the ball then! I am not knocking Coach Story, Cardenas or any other Eagle player! I am strickly stating what every other person sitting in the bleachers sees. He's not getting the job done this year as a receiver. He's kicking great! He's defending the ball great! I just feel some of the others might need to be looked at. And by the way I am the #1EagleFan!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bleed BLUE!:p OK #1 i might have judged to quick because i am a big fan of Coach Story too! i do know he is pretty smart and might be holding a little back this year so when we get to the playoffs we are not running the same plays to the same people, just a thought. A. Wylie last year the second time we played them knew us pretty good!

fballfan
10-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Sanger is good. There is no doubt. But every week this decatur team is improving in different areas. That is what i like about these kids, they didnt start out on top like Decatur 04 did. They have continued to work every week, and every week they are a better team. Chris Jones (the defensive coor.) will have a game plan for the rush, he always has a game plan. People need to realize that this group hasnt reached their full potential yet, unlike D 04, who were at the top of their game from day 1, and im not saying thats a bad thing. All im saying is those guys are good, and just getting better.

Paratrooper
10-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Have to roll with Decatur on this one

sweetwater07
10-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Have to roll with Decatur on this one

i concur

rangerjim
10-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Decatur's "d" looked pretty good against Sangers quick back tonight. Only 3 big runs, one early, one with about 5 missed tackles by the eagles and one against 2 string. The kid ended up with probably around 200 yards running but Decatur's defense impressed me tonight.