PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at Adrian Peterson's accident.....

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MErNtJF_PxA)

Alot of peoplpe are playing his injury to be a an accident that happened. I don't, and it's not because I constantly have maroon colored glasses and drink the maroon kool-aid by the 55 gallon drum. I think that Adrian Peterson was showing off and all he has now to show for it is an apparent collar bone injury.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

Alot of peoplpe are playing his injury to be a an accident that happened. I don't, and it's not because I constantly have maroon colored glasses and drink the maroon kool-aid by the 55 gallon drum. I think that Adrian Peterson was showing off and all he has now to show for it is an apparent collar bone injury.

Doesn't matter either way. He and the Sooner's season are done.

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Doesn't matter either way. He and the Sooner's season are done. Yeah i know, but I have a consipiracy theory that this was in the works to happen today.

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2006, 12:13 AM
I am a Horn fan so know I am not a OU homer..but how in the heck can u say he was showboating?

The ISU defender clips his leg as hits the 5 which causes AD to lose his balance and his back leg clips his front leg as he is about to dive to the endzone..NOT in a showboat way, but to assure he gets in...but since his legs clipped each other it caused his body instead to be going forward, to be going forward AND his body beginng to turn so his was now on his side instead of doing a face first dive..and this caused him to land badly on his collarbone..not showboating, but extremely hard running when alot of guys would have been brought down at the 5.

3afan
10-16-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

showing off? eh?

Snyder_TigerFan
10-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I am a Horn fan so know I am not a OU homer..but how in the heck can u say he was showboating?

The ISU defender clips his leg as hits the 5 which causes AD to lose his balance and his back leg clips his front leg as he is about to dive to the endzone..NOT in a showboat way, but to assure he gets in...but since his legs clipped each other it caused his body instead to be going forward, to be going forward AND his body beginng to turn so his was now on his side instead of doing a face first dive..and this caused him to land badly on his collarbone..not showboating, but extremely hard running when alot of guys would have been brought down at the 5.

I'm with you. I'm a UT fan as well and I was watching this game when it happened. I didn't think he was showboating. It's unfortunate for him, he was having another great year.

Gobbla2001
10-16-2006, 10:27 AM
UT fan here also, and if you've watched Adrian Peterson play in High school (which I didn't, but I saw him in that Army All-American Whatever game) and college he does not stop trying to gain yards until the play is over... he is just a hard runner...

I think aggie-land running backs have lowered what you think a running back should do... judging by this, you feel they should just get hit and lie-down...

join tam and the Connecticut fellas in the wussyfication of football...

STANG RED
10-16-2006, 10:57 AM
If you watched that play full speed (as I did), it is obvious he is just lunging for the endzone when his leg gets hit, which makes him come down a little awkward in the endzone. I dont think he was showboating at all. Just trying 100% to get into the endzone while taking a shot. It's just one of those freak things that happens sometimes. He'll still be drafted in the top 3 next year, if he decides to come out.

g$$
10-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Unfortunate injury & his legs were clipped around the 5, so I do not agree with the showboating idea. Hard runner that's all.

Maybe the best thing for him & his NFL future not to be run into the ground the rest of the year. I do think too many players want to showboat & dive nowadays when it is not needed. Does not apply here IMO.

Why was he in the game ahead 27-9 w/ about 6 minutes to go? Piling up stats that's what. Good job Bob Stoops.

EricDraven
10-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Looked like he was trying to score legitimately in my opinion. Shame he got hurt. Sure A&M fans are distraught.