PDA

View Full Version : Cuero vs. Yoakum

GreenMachine
10-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Yoakum is always our biggest district rival. They always play us very hard, which brings me to the question. How close will this game be with all our injuries? :thinking:

MagicMan
10-15-2006, 08:42 PM
yoakum should win. they have a very good team. gonzales was just messing around pre district and now they are going to play for real. cuero might be 3rd in district this year.

GreenMachine
10-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
yoakum should win. they have a very good team. gonzales was just messing around pre district and now they are going to play for real. cuero might be 3rd in district this year. You really don't know your football do you.

big daddy russ
10-15-2006, 08:48 PM
yoakum should win. they have a very good team. gonzales was just messing around pre district and now they are going to play for real. cuero might be 3rd in district this year.
I can see that happening, except I think Palacios throws a wrench in it. They win out, kick the junk out of Gonzales and Yoakum, and take first.

Pudlugger
10-15-2006, 08:49 PM

No, no, no.:eek:

RuffneckGobbler
10-16-2006, 06:22 AM
WOW, I hope some of those posts are jokes... either that or magic man knows something I dont know!

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by RuffneckGobbler
WOW, I hope some of those posts are jokes... either that or magic man knows something I dont know! Magicman doesn't know a thing. He is doing what he does best...spout off. There is no logic to back up his post. :hand:

gobblerfan02
10-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Magicman doesn't know a thing. He is doing what he does best...spout off. There is no logic to back up his post. :hand: Are we sure that is what he does best???

:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Are we sure that is what he does best???

:smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: All I have to go by are his posts, so I'll say...Yea :D

greenpride
10-16-2006, 10:04 AM

Go cheer for someone else.....I get tired of your negativity towards Cuero. I don't know where you are from, but there are 100's of other 3a schools you can rag on..Goodbye!

29-3aFAN
10-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Depends what Yoakum decides to bring to the table. They play hard sometimes and sometimes not. If Yoakum plays hard, Cuero should win by 10. If they don't, Cuero wins by 31. This should decide 1st and 2nd place in district. As long as Yoakum plays hard throughout district, they will be 2nd.

29-3aFAN
10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
This guy doesn't have a clue.

briefcase
10-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Cuero wins this game easily. Yoakum is about 2 years away from having a great team.

Cuero 36
Yoakum 6

MagicMan
10-16-2006, 02:31 PM
i pay attention to cuero. when they give me something good to say about them i will. until then i just call it how i see it.

Gobbla2001
10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
how i see it.

you dont' like Cuero, so that's how you call it... we've all known that ever since you posted as pavillion...

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 04:29 PM
i pay attention to cuero. when they give me something good to say about them i will. until then i just call it how i see it. If you don't see them, how can you call it :thinking:

CueroDad2006
10-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Cuero 42
Yoakum 14

Note 2nd 7 will come with second team in late.

The Stork
10-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Cuero's needs:

1) Size
2) Less injuries
3) More "team-centered" play
4) Not to play Wimberly

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by The Stork
Cuero's needs:

4) Not to play Wimberly
You better start cheering for Palacios or Goliad to pull a couple of upsets then. ;)

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Cuero's needs:

1) Size
2) Less injuries
4) Not to play Wimberly Size where? O and D lines are plenty big. LB's are small, but quick and will tag you. I will agree - less injuries. The team play is better and hopefully will remain once the injured come back. Not play Wimberley...not even going there :D

MagicMan
10-16-2006, 08:05 PM
cuero's linebackers were a blessing for hutto's running game. cuero does need to find some bigger linebackers.

CueroDad2006
10-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You better start cheering for Palacios or Goliad to pull a couple of upsets then. ;)

CUERO WOULD LOVE TO PLAY WIMBERLY
JUST LIKE WIMBERLY WOULD LOVE TO PLAY THE BEST
WE WILL SEE SOON

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 08:10 PM
cuero's linebackers were a blessing for hutto's running game. cuero does need to find some bigger linebackers. I don't know about bigger linebackers with more teams running the spread offense. I'll take speed ;)

TAMUGRAD
10-16-2006, 08:44 PM

Don't know where this is coming from?
I have been watching these guys play since they were in the 7th and 8th grade. Overall they are a very level headed, focused bunch of kids.

I see a team, I see players lifting each other up when they are injured or down, and I see a team stepping it up to get the job done.

sweetwater07
10-16-2006, 10:41 PM
so what are the standings in this district??? Cuero or Gonzales at Div. 1 spot??

bulldogman06
10-17-2006, 12:01 AM
They do play like a team, and there is no way Yoakum wins this one, the team is just too solid. Not to play Wimberly? wow, you gotta be joking, this would be a great game, I can see no reason why either team wouldnt want to play them, 1 for the experience of playing a quality team, and 2, for moving up in the polls. Oh, and I laugh at that Cuero getting 3rd in district, you gotta be kidding me...

The Stork
10-17-2006, 12:30 AM
I never said Yoakum would beat Cuero, we all know that won't happen. It seems to me that some of the Cuero posters can't take the slightest critisism of the Gobblers. I really feel like the line, both O and D, is lacking in size. This has not posed much of a problem yet, but I feel like it might down the road. About playing Wimbery, the reason Cuero doesn't want to play them is because the only time they would is during the play-offs while facing elimination. Yes Cuero-Wimberly would be a good game, but I don't think a team is going to be looking for experience or moving up in the polls while deep in the play-offs.

Mean Green Fan
10-17-2006, 12:52 AM
The Cuero-Wimberley game looks to be quite possible with Gonzales winning their first game.

GreenMachine
10-17-2006, 08:41 AM
I never said Yoakum would beat Cuero, we all know that won't happen. It seems to me that some of the Cuero posters can't take the slightest critisism of the Gobblers. I really feel like the line, both O and D, is lacking in size. This has not posed much of a problem yet, but I feel like it might down the road. About playing Wimbery, the reason Cuero doesn't want to play them is because the only time they would is during the play-offs while facing elimination. Yes Cuero-Wimberly would be a good game, but I don't think a team is going to be looking for experience or moving up in the polls while deep in the play-offs. Lacking size? RT 6'3" 280, RG 6'2" 260, C 5'9" 252, RG 5'10" 264, RT 6'4" 270. Cuero doesn't want to play Wimberley? C'mon, I have said before, Cuero respects everyone...and fears no one! Sure everyone has a chance to get beat, but you have to go through good teams to win the championship...as it should be. :thumbsup:

greenpride
10-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Cuero's needs:

1) Size
2) Less injuries
4) Not to play Wimberly

You have to be kidding me! Size....not many bigger at the line positions, less injuries....sure that would help, team centered play......coach Reeve has always been a team oriented coach-no stars, just a bunch of hard nosed players.......wimberley, saw wimberley play, good ballclub but cuero has one heck of a club also.

Cuero hasn't been ranked for the last 3 years for no reason. Tradition, pride, and talent keep Gobblers rolling!

big daddy russ
10-17-2006, 11:10 AM
nm

sweetwater07
10-17-2006, 11:42 AM
dang no one answered my question..who is going Div. 1 out of this district????

big daddy russ
10-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
dang no one answered my question..who is going Div. 1 out of this district????
Gonzales is the biggest school in the district. If they win one more game (they still have Palacios, typically the district doormat, along with Cuero and Yoakum) they're the D1 team. If not, Cuero goes.

sweetwater07
10-17-2006, 11:55 AM
will they beat Yoakum??...i know they won't beat Cuero...

Highschoolfan78
10-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
will they beat Yoakum??...i know they won't beat Cuero...

It will probably be a tossup, but i think Yoakum could beat Gonzales this year.. However Palacios is the essential piece to determine everyone's faith. I hope they feel important

Gobbla2001
10-17-2006, 01:02 PM
We lack size on the offensive and defensive lines... haha... that's about right... Maybe The Stork and MaginMan are both pavillion... haters

GreenMachine
10-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
We lack size on the offensive and defensive lines... haha... that's about right... Maybe The Stork and MaginMan are both pavillion... haters Don't know about haters, but I question their knowledge about football and the Gobblers. :thinking:

greenpride
10-17-2006, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Stork
[B, the reason Cuero doesn't want to play them is because the only time they would is during the play-offs while facing elimination.

Cuero is not afraid of playing anyone......you have to play the best to win it all. Who have you talked to that said Cuero is afraid????? Don't speak for anyone else. If you this is the case, then state it as an opinion. :rolleyes: The reason Cuero posters reply back to the posts made by others is that a lot of the time the posts are junk and fabrication from people who want to see Cuero lose. We support our team positively and don't like negative vibes from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Nuff Said!!!!!!!!1

The Stork
10-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Cuero is not afraid of playing anyone......you have to play the best to win it all. Who have you talked to that said Cuero is afraid????? Don't speak for anyone else.[/B][/QUOTE]

Not even the Chicago Bears? Have you talked to every member of the team and asked them if they are scared of playing anyone? Maybe you should state it as an opnion next time, practice what you preach.

44INAROW
10-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Cuero is not afraid of playing anyone......you have to play the best to win it all. Who have you talked to that said Cuero is afraid????? Don't speak for anyone else

Not even the Chicago Bears? Have you talked to every member of the team and asked them if they are scared of playing anyone? Maybe you should state it as an opnion next time, practice what you preach.

I don't talk to every player each day, but the ones I talk to, sure aren't scared to play anyone........ I am not saying they'd kick every teams' butt, but they aren't scared to play them. but that's just me..... what do I know :) and by the way, we all know we are talking about HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, not NFL.. pretty lame......... :rolleyes:

The Stork
10-17-2006, 10:39 PM
I'll tell you what's lame- spending a very good amount of your time on an internet message board based around HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. That, my friend, is lame.

44INAROW
10-17-2006, 10:53 PM
I'll tell you what's lame- spending a very good amount of your time on an internet message board based around HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. That, my friend, is lame.

You can do better than that can't you:rolleyes:

DaHop72
10-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I'll tell you what's lame- spending a very good amount of your time on an internet message board based around HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. That, my friend, is lame. Well then leave my friend.:mad:

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2006, 10:55 PM
:confused: :confused: And do you have a problem with people who post about their schools' TEAMS during the day?

44INAROW
10-17-2006, 10:59 PM
never mind.. some posters are not worth the time and effort......

The Stork
10-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Look, I love the Gobblers, and I wish the guys the best. I never said ANYthing against Cuero, all I said was that they probably don't want to play Wimberly- which I still feel is true. Just because a team might not want to play a team doesn't mean they won't step up and give 100%, right?

44INAROW
10-17-2006, 11:09 PM
deleted - by me but I think I made my point

GreenMachine
10-18-2006, 05:53 AM
Look, I love the Gobblers, and I wish the guys the best. I never said ANYthing against Cuero, all I said was that they probably don't want to play Wimberly- which I still feel is true. Just because a team might not want to play a team doesn't mean they won't step up and give 100%, right? Don't just say we don't want to play them. Explain why or quit posting about it!

Mean Green Fan
10-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Cuero VS Yoakum is the longest rivarly in Texas Football dating back to 1932!!

http://www.cuerorecord.com/articles/2006/10/18/sports/sports3.txt

DaHop72
10-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
deleted - by me but I think I made my point :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

JT44
10-18-2006, 11:04 AM
this should be one of the better games of the rivalry, Cuero is in for a close one this week unless they air it out.

Not to overlook Yoakum, but I was just wondering if any Cuero fans are gonna go to a game on the bye week.

LH is at Hutto
Wimberly at Bandera
Yoakum at Gonzales

MagicMan
10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Don't just say we don't want to play them. Explain why or quit posting about it!

uhhhh maybe because cuero would lose....is that enough explanation

GreenMachine
10-18-2006, 03:36 PM
uhhhh maybe because cuero would lose....is that enough explanation Another well thought out post from you, something we've all come to expect.

pirate4state
10-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
deleted - by me but I think I made my point dangit...I missed something good, I just KNOW IT!! :(

DaHop72
10-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
dangit...I missed something good, I just KNOW IT!! :( :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Gobbla2001
10-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Another well thought out post from you, something we've all come to expect.

he doesn't have well-thought out posts, it just comes natural for him, he doesn't have to think... it's already in his head, "I hate Cuero", and that's all he needs to know to create these wonderful articles of literature...

GreenMachine
10-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
he doesn't have well-thought out posts, it just comes natural for him, he doesn't have to think... it's already in his head, "I hate Cuero", and that's all he needs to know to create these wonderful articles of literature... My thoughts on Magicman - As a child, maybe got too much attention, maybe not enough, last kid picked on the kickball team, etc... :D

MagicMan
10-18-2006, 05:20 PM
my thoughts on gobbla2001 and greenmachine

:nerd:

Gobbla2001
10-18-2006, 05:26 PM
ha

greenpride
10-18-2006, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MagicMan
[B]my thoughts on gobbla2001 and greenmachine

:hand: Just like my sister in law tells her nieces and nephews........diarrhea of the mouth!

CueroDad2006
10-18-2006, 06:38 PM
uhhhh maybe because cuero would lose....is that enough explanation

Hey MagicMan
I have an extra ticket to the Cuero game friday.
Come join me,Ill let you sit beside me and all the other Cuero fans.
Ill even introduce you to alot of them.
You game "Big boy"?

MagicMan
10-18-2006, 06:49 PM
uhhh i go to every game

MagicMan
10-18-2006, 06:56 PM
thats kind of cool that you're threatening me too. but whatever. i'll sit next to yall. just because i know yall are probably too old to do anything anyways. i have nothing to be scared of though cuz im a cage fighter.

DaHop72
10-18-2006, 07:00 PM
thats kind of cool that you're threatening me too. but whatever. i'll sit next to yall. just because i know yall are probably too old to do anything anyways. i have nothing to be scared of though cuz im a cage fighter. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gobbler grad
10-18-2006, 09:49 PM
thats kind of cool that you're threatening me too. but whatever. i'll sit next to yall. just because i know yall are probably too old to do anything anyways. i have nothing to be scared of though cuz im a cage fighter.

just bring it...I'll make plenty of room...:wave: :wave: :wave::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

herewego
10-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Kweddo - 40
Yoakum - 13

wooden bear
10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
If i were you guys I would watch out for MagicMan, I have seen this guy in action and its scarry. Plus the guy knows his football.

GreenMachine
10-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by wooden bear
If i were you guys I would watch out for MagicMan, I have seen this guy in action and its scarry. Plus the guy knows his football. Whatever :rolleyes:

JT44
10-19-2006, 10:12 AM
c'mon lets get back to the game,
what's yoakum's game plan like this year. Run or pass, or a balanced attack. I hear they have a pretty good defense, most of their games have been low scoring.
If Cuero scores early and often will it be a repeat of last year?

wooden bear
10-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Their game plan is to not get beat by 100 this year.

GreenGobbla
10-20-2006, 03:10 AM
my thoughts on gobbla2001 and greenmachine

:nerd:

teehee

cuero 5
yoakum 7

KingRob
10-20-2006, 02:52 PM
This is gonna be a goodern, but the Gobblers too strong...

Survey Says:
Cuero - 35
Yoakum - 9

LET'S GO CUERO!!