PDA

View Full Version : Former 3A players shine for A&M in Fall Baseball series

VWG
10-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Dane Carter (Graham and VRJC) was 7 for 14, with 2 RBI's in A&M's fall series. Hitting in the leadoff spot he played on the winning squad along with true freshman S. Minks (West Columbia).
Minks started one game and went 4 complete, giving up 5 runs, all earned. Had 5 K's and 3 walks in his four innings.

Emerson1
10-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Chance Corgan(3a Forney at he time he graduated) I'm pretty sure is still pitching for A&M.

VWG
10-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Chance Corgan(3a Forney at he time he graduated) I'm pretty sure is still pitching for A&M.

He didn't pitch in the 3 game intrasquad fall series. Doesn't mean he's not on the roster though.

crabman
10-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Jess Beunger of Bellville and Travis Starling of Yoakum are both 3A players on the roster as well.

neck_06
10-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Beunger and Corgan haven't been on the roster since last year.

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
Beunger and Corgan haven't been on the roster since last year. hope baseball's treating you good.....

tortilla_man
10-16-2006, 12:59 AM
buenger transfered to Rice, quite a pick up for buenger going from a good team @ A&M to a top tier team in the nation!

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by tortilla_man
buenger transfered to Rice, quite a pick up for buenger going from a good team @ A&M to a top tier team in the nation! still has to sit out a year

KL3
10-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
still has to sit out a year

No he doesn't. Baseball is different from football. Remember Zach Jackson transferring from Louisville to A&M?

g$$
10-16-2006, 12:14 PM
In NCAA D1 baseball, a transfer is eligible immediately if he receives a full release from his previous school. Many examples of this are out there each year. Different from football & basketball, & I don't know why. But that is the rule.

Glad to see the guys doing well & adjusting to the college game.

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 12:15 PM
thanks for humbling me

g$$
10-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Gotta learn the rules man before you post! Just kidding...

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Gotta learn the rules man before you post! Just kidding... heck i'd never get to post then

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-16-2006, 01:43 PM
AtM BB coach is going to regret letting go of Jess Buenger, Jess was there under Mark J, so this new coach wants his people there. Dumb move by the new coach Jess will start for Rice, and will be playing in the CWS, and the Aggies will watch on TV.

neck_06
10-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
AtM BB coach is going to regret letting go of Jess Buenger, Jess was there under Mark J, so this new coach wants his people there. Dumb move by the new coach Jess will start for Rice, and will be playing in the CWS, and the Aggies will watch on TV.

nice to see that there are still people acting like they know what they are talking about.....get serious!

g$$
10-17-2006, 12:19 AM
He's just protecting his hometown Bellville boy, & most of us would do the same. I don't blame him. People forget Augie cleaned house in Austin years ago when he arrived from Fullerton & had a rough go at 1st. Almost got fired after 3 years. His closer left & came to A&M & made All Big 12 (Eric French). Now look - Childress has the same right. I wish MJ well at SHSU too. He's a good man.

I wish Jess @ Rice & the Aggies both well. Change can be good.

KL3
10-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
nice to see that there are still people acting like they know what they are talking about.....get serious!

I'm an Aggie and I hope Childress turns it around, but its hard to argue with Former, Jess left the cellar of the Big 12 to go to a perennial CWS team. Talent is not the question in this case.

Bull19
10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
THE AGS WILL NOT TURN IT AROUND UNDER CHILDRESS. NONE OF THE PLAYERS RESPECT HIM AND HE'S NOTHING BUT A CANCER FOR THE AGS BB PROGRAM. I'VE KNOWN JESS MY WHOLE LIFE AND HE'S TOLD ME SO MANY STORIES ON HOW CHILDRESS HAS DONE NOT ONLY HIM WRONG BUT MANY OTHER PLAYERS, STAFF, AND ETC.. ITS GUNNA BE FUN WATCHING JESS RIP AGGIE PITCHING WHEN THEY FACE OF THIS YEAR. LIKE FBB SAID THE AGS BETTER GET THEIR POPCORN BUTTERED AND SALTED CAUSE THEY WILL BE WATCHING THE OWLS IN THE CWS THIS UP-COMING YEAR.

P.S. RICE AS THE BEST RETURNING PITCHING STAFF IN THE NATION.