PDA

View Full Version : Vince gets his first win in the NFL

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Congrats to Vince for pulling the Titans together. Should have beat the Colts last week and now they upset a good Redskins squad in D.C.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261015028

piratebg
10-15-2006, 06:26 PM
It looked like a very good game. Congrats Vince. :clap: :clap: :clap:

BMOC
10-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Great job VY.

IHStangFan
10-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Congrats to Vince for pulling the Titans together. Should have beat the Colts last week and now they upset a good Redskins squad in D.C.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261015028 hey boy, you betta watch your tongue talkin bout Peyton and the Colts like that!:p

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
hey boy, you betta watch your tongue talkin bout Peyton and the Colts like that!:p

:D

Actually I root for the Colts every year. They usually do me proud until the playoffs where they conveniently choke it away....

IHStangFan
10-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
:D

Actually I root for the Colts every year. They usually do me proud until the playoffs where they conveniently choke it away.... Thanks for reminding me.....jerk :D

Old Tiger
10-15-2006, 08:15 PM
I was talking to an Aggie yesterday and he said "I think once gets the grasp of the NFL and the speed he will be just like he was in college"

Phil C
10-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Super Bowl here comes Tennessee in a few years!!

g$$
10-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Give VY & Tennessee credit for winning. But let's not annoint him a bona fide NFL qb & passer just yet. Look at his #s. Travis Henry had almost 180 yds. rushing. The defense played well. Washington is not a good team - maybe one of the 2-3 most disappointing teams in the league.

VY will only get better. But his passing #s say he is less than a 50% passer & prone to ints like all young qbs. He made some good throws & some awful ones. Mid-range accuracy is still a question. He will always need a strong running game (him & RBs) to be successful because he will never be a pass 1st qb. I still believe VY will be a good but not great NFL qb. Now in college, maybe the best ever in the modern generation. He was the man.

Give it time. He will have to be a better passer to reach elite status as his career unfolds. If he proves me wrong, I will be the 1st to say so. Tennessee has 10 draft picks next year & will be $41 million under the cap. They must improve that team for him to have a chance.

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Give VY & Tennessee credit for winning. But let's not annoint him a bona fide NFL qb & passer just yet. Look at his #s. Travis Henry had almost 180 yds. rushing. The defense played well. Washington is not a good team - maybe one of the 2-3 most disappointing teams in the league.

VY will only get better. But his passing #s say he is less than a 50% passer & prone to ints like all young qbs. He made some good throws & some awful ones. Mid-range accuracy is still a question. He will always need a strong running game (him & RBs) to be successful because he will never be a pass 1st qb. I still believe VY will be a good but not great NFL qb. Now in college, maybe the best ever in the modern generation. He was the man.

Give it time. He will have to be a better passer to reach elite status as his career unfolds. If he proves me wrong, I will be the 1st to say so. Tennessee has 10 draft picks next year & will be $41 million under the cap. They must improve that team for him to have a chance.

I think that's why people are so optimistic about Vince. He's playing on an atrocious football team and he's almost led them to a win over the best team in the AFC and he DID lead them to a ROAD win over a playoff contender Redskins team.

Kerry Collins, a proven vet who went to the Super Bowl wasn't doing that. Yet Vince. . .the brand new guy in his 3rd start has.

We need to let the rest of the season play out. . .but it's looking pretty good so far. 85.5 passer rating last week. . .NO picks. . .and this kid only gets better with time.

Me. . .I'm not worried about Vince. Matt Leinart against the Bears tonight. . .ouch.;)

g$$
10-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Washington is 2-4 & not going to the playoffs unless a miracle happens. And Kerry Collins was out of work when they signed him. He was just a stop-gap for the short term. Now Bud Adams has ordered VY to play & he is doing ok.

Give it time, but his passing will either improve big-time or it will be his albatross as his career unfolds.

Adidas410s
10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by g$$

One thing to remember though...wait 5-8 years and you will start to see a lot of changes in the NFL landscape. The first change will be the style of offenses. The spread offense is now becoming common place in college football and will eventually move into the NFL for a lot of teams as their are so many college QB's spending most of their time in the shotgun. It's the next evolution of the game. The Falcons are already using an option and zone read look in their offense as well. It's not their #1 choice...but before yesterday they had been running 5-6 option and/or zone read plays each game.

g$$
10-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Agreed, the spread & zone read is useful in spots, but it will NEVER be the base offense in the NFL. Remember the run & shoot? It came & went because NFL defenses adjust so quickly.

The zone read is nothing more than modern day triple option. Ride the back, keep or pitch to the trail back (in a 2 back set). Play action pass off that. Useful in spots, but the NFL has too many athletes at every position to work full-time. Assignment football, that's all.

Usually, trends filter down from pro to college to hs. Not the other way around.

Adidas410s
10-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Agreed, the spread & zone read is useful in spots, but it will NEVER be the base offense in the NFL. Remember the run & shoot? It came & went because NFL defenses adjust so quickly.

The zone read is nothing more than modern day triple option. Ride the back, keep or pitch to the trail back (in a 2 back set). Play action pass off that. Useful in spots, but the NFL has too many athletes at every position to work full-time. Assignment football, that's all.

Yes the r&s came and went...but it came. I think that we'll see the spread and zone read COME into the league when VY is moving into his prime. That would be to his advantage. I'm not saying that type of offense will become the mainstay style of football...but it will have it's time in the sun.

g$$
10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Part of an offensive package, but not the base offense. Guess we'll find out soon. Plus running qbs end up hurt in the NFL, & they get paid too much $$ to be on the sidelines in street clothes.

g$$
10-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Hey West TX: since you got the other thread closed, the word applied to you is immature (not unmature ?). UT English profs just cringed. And I don't lurk anywhere, just state facts you often don't like. Your word "donkeystomp" does not apply to anything you have ever done to me, past or present. Or future!

And I don't want to fight you. I just want you to grow the heck up & respect people. And judging by the reactions you have gotten from others, I am NOT alone. Deal with it.

Maybe you're the troll. Take the high road for once in your life.

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 05:45 PM
TENNESSEE gets a win. Think team, not individual player.

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Hey West TX: since you got the other thread closed, the word applied to you is immature (not unmature ?). UT English profs just cringed. And I don't lurk anywhere, just state facts you often don't like. Your word "donkeystomp" does not apply to anything you have ever done to me, past or present. Or future!

And I don't want to fight you. I just want you to grow the heck up & respect people. And judging by the reactions you have gotten from others, I am NOT alone. Deal with it.

Maybe you're the troll. Take the high road for once in your life.

Nice to see that you are too dense to get the "unmature" jab.

I'm not surprised since you seem to forget things even right after you post them, much less weeks ago.

And I quote:

I never picked a fight with you. Take what I said anyway you want. A 2 bit loser like you isn't worth my time. I only corrected some of the bs you put out there, & you did not like it.

Then, about 2 paragraphs later:

Like I said anytime, anywhere computer boy. That would be fun. Reminds me of the beat down you took last night. And I will be around if you need me this year.

You're a joke and you can't let things go. I wasn't even addressing you in the other thread and you had to chime in. It's pathetic. Your obsession with me is bordering on psychotic. You really need to drop me and go back to your sheep before you flip your lid for good.

Any half-way sane person can go back and look at the posts from you and a few others to see who "got the thread locked". Again, it's the double standard. We have a perfectly fine thread, someone tries taking a dig and then when they get landed on with both feet they cry foul. Then the thread gets locked and then since you personally can't let it go it gets moved on to another thread. Congrats!:thumbsup:

g$$
10-16-2006, 06:18 PM
I also said yesterday that I was moving forward & leaving the hate behind. Your wording/jab was not cute - just plain grammatically wrong. And I'm not your "bro" OK?

It's no secret what I think of you, but I am taking the high road here. I truly wish you would respect people & engage in civil conversations. I did nothing on that thread for it to be closed. I challenge you to find something inflammatory in that thread by me. Now you...

Who's psychotic? Digging up threads 6 weeks old & quoting others? Check the mirror cowboy!

Never owned a sheep either. Nice immature & tired reference.

Again, high road. It's the one ABOVE where you lurk if you're wondering.

But hey, if the shoe fits keep wearing it. And being hated on this board, because I think that gets you off in a weird way.

BTW, opening day starter Chris Simms is on the Bucs' 53 man roster, so that makes him an NFL player. Injured does not automatically mean you're out of the league (you got that thread closed too).