PDA

View Full Version : I have just about had enough of this

KTJ
10-15-2006, 05:24 PM
This is really, really getting annoying and frustrating.

Why do some of you CARE SO MUCH what UT does and if it makes it back to a National Championship game? I just don't understand why it bothers you that much. Can someone PLEASE TELL ME WHY? Enlighten me, please.

It's really shallow that for some of you, the best time in your life is when UT doesn't do something. Or you act as if your life is whole and complete making fun of anything related to The University of Texas.

I really, really, really don't understand why some of you just love to hate on UT and will, at any moments notice, seize the opportunity to point out how Texas is going to/should/or has failed. Can someone here just please, shed some light on why it just makes you giddy inside when UT doesn't get something?

We win the Big 12 and we're going to a BCS bowl. We won a national championship last year. People keep saying that we only won because of a certain person. The overall, and bottom line, however, is that WE WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Does it matter how it was won?

I have just about had it....

I'm sick of the degrading names, I'm sick of the defaming, I'm sick of the melange of arguments that go back and forth of whether or not our NC was legit, I'm sick of people acting like 3rd graders. No one can have a legit convo about college football without it going to crap. I'm sick of me trying to take up for my school with others degrade it, then certain people call me out for doing it? Why? Do you not see what's going on?

It's sad. It's annoying. And I'm fed up with it.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-15-2006, 05:27 PM
No need to take things so personal.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
No need to take things so personal.

It seems like that is the "status-quo" these days !!

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It seems like that is the "status-quo" these days !!

Yeah, just because I said that the Greenwood Rangers were a bunch of classless jerks who cussed us, threw punches, and played dirty the two years I played them doesn't mean Ranger Mom should take it personally! Sheesh!!

Her momma also wears combat boots...;)

Adidas410s
10-15-2006, 05:50 PM
I can definitely understand why you are fed up with some of the things people say...but it does take two sides to have a debate/arguement/whining session. If you don't play one side...then nobody would really be playing the other side...well other than AJ that is! ;)

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Yeah, just because I said that the Greenwood Rangers were a bunch of classless jerks who cussed us, threw punches, and played dirty the two years I played them doesn't mean Ranger Mom should take it personally! Sheesh!!

Her momma also wears combat boots...;)

I don't take it personally! I wasn't out there playing, so why should I? I don't doubt for a second that what you said is true, I will be the first to admit we had some years where we did have some classless players, why should I try to defend it??

My mother has something wrong with her feet, so she has never been able to wear boots. She had surgery about a month ago though...so maybe her problems will be alleviated!!:p

Keith7
10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Other people are prolly like me and sick of how cocky UT fans and athletes are. They talk and act like they are the only university in Texas, and thats what i'm sick of!

Dang it! I've had enough of this cockyness! :mad: :mad:

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 05:54 PM
all of a sudden my "moratorium" until 3 days before the game doesn't sound too bad

piratebg
10-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
all of a sudden my "moratorium" until 3 days before the game doesn't sound too bad

No kiddin. I'm getting a headache just reading all of this junk.

mwynn05
10-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Why do some of you CARE SO MUCH what UT does and if it makes it back to a National Championship game? I just don't understand why it bothers you that much. Can someone PLEASE TELL ME WHY? Enlighten me, please.

It's really shallow that for some of you, the best time in your life is when UT doesn't do something. Or you act as if your life is whole and complete making fun of anything related to The University of Texas.

I really, really, really don't understand why some of you just love to hate on UT and will, at any moments notice, seize the opportunity to point out how Texas is going to/should/or has failed. Can someone here just please, shed some light on why it just makes you giddy inside when UT doesn't get something?

We win the Big 12 and we're going to a BCS bowl. We won a national championship last year. People keep saying that we only won because of a certain person. The overall, and bottom line, however, is that WE WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Does it matter how it was won?

I'm sick of the degrading names, I'm sick of the defaming, I'm sick of the melange of arguments that go back and forth of whether or not our NC was legit, I'm sick of people acting like 3rd graders. No one can have a legit convo about college football without it going to crap. I'm sick of me trying to take up for my school with others degrade it, then certain people call me out for doing it? Why? Do you not see what's going on?

It's sad. It's annoying. And I'm fed up with it. you sound like your crying about it just because not everyone likes your school...the horn fans on here have been doing to to the aggies just as bad or worse

Bulldog_12
10-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Forgive me if I seem unsympathetic, but I am with Mwynn. This has gone both ways for a LONG time. Some UT posters are just as bad as anybody about degrading a school.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:06 PM
IMO, both sides are equally as bad....it gets tiresome and I predict many thread closings in the very near future if it keeps up!!

Adidas410s
10-15-2006, 06:06 PM
IMO, both sides are equally as bad....it gets tiresome and I predict many thread closings in the very near future if it keeps up!!

thank you...

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
thank you...

Swell, then I can start bagging on the Wylie Bulldogs!!

:p

Bulldog_12
10-15-2006, 06:09 PM

:thumbsup:

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:10 PM

DO IT!!!!
If you want to :D

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Swell, then I can start bagging on the Wylie Bulldogs!!

:p

Greenwood plays dirty and you like to bag on Wylie......have you ever said where you were from??:thinking: :thinking:

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
you sound like your crying about it just because not everyone likes your school...the horn fans on here have been doing to to the aggies just as bad or worse
moratorium
moratorium
moratorium
moratorium
moratorium
moratorium
moratorium
moratorium

Bulldog_12
10-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Greenwood plays dirty and you like to bag on Wylie......have you ever said where you were from??:thinking: :thinking:

You dont have to be from anywhere specific, even I know these things.:D

DaHop72
10-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Greenwood plays dirty and you like to bag on Wylie......have you ever said where you were from??:thinking: :thinking: A little 3A town located at the intersection of I-20 and Highway 70, kinda reminds you of two others from there.:thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
A little 3A town located at the intersection of I-20 and Highway 70, kinda reminds you of two others from there.:thinking: :thinking:

Gotcha!!:thumbsup:

That explains A LOT!!:)

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:14 PM
It's the water. We can't help it.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

DaHop72
10-15-2006, 06:16 PM
It's the water. We can't help it.

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: Fortunately it doesn't have that effect on all the citizens, just the younger brain dead ones.:D :D

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:16 PM
http://smirking.com/gallery/data/media/9/shut-up.jpg

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Fortunately it doesn't have that effect on all the citizens, just the younger brain dead ones.:D :D

That was low.:D

DaHop72
10-15-2006, 06:18 PM
That was low.:D It was, but well deserved.:devil:

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:19 PM
It was, but well deserved.:devil:

:bigcry:

I want to repent!!

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:26 PM
:bigcry:

I want to repent!!

It's not too late...there is still hope for you!!:)

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2006, 07:52 PM
And the recent past.... :D

lostaussie
10-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

It's sad. It's annoying. And I'm fed up with it. I feel like i just got a speech from my Daddy. You got the freakin trophy, what are you upset about? I wish we had your problem:doh:

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I feel like i just got a speech from my Daddy. You got the freakin trophy, what are you upset about? I wish we had your problem:doh: nice view, apparently you think that the other big 12 fans were just going to let you casually go through this year and everytime you play somewhere or do something stupid we're gonna give you a pass because you were "national champs". Theirs a reason they the winners next year the "DEFENDING" national champs.

YBS
10-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Frankly, this is an internet message board. Granted, this, from my experience, has been one of the more cordial boards out there it is still a forum for people to air opinions, give some fun ribbing, take cheap shots, etc. You know that when you sign up. I won't go as far as to say, "if you don't like it leave" b/c I believe that's the out buttholes use to continue being buttholes. However, you have to take the good with the bad. Everyone will give and take some shots and hopefully at the end of the day no one gets offended. I've found if you find yourself getting offended it's probably time to take a break for a month or so.

Phil C
10-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Other people are prolly like me and sick of how cocky UT fans and athletes are. They talk and act like they are the only university in Texas, and thats what i'm sick of!

Dang it! I've had enough of this cockyness! :mad: :mad:

HEY!! UT FANS ARE VERY CLASSY! WE ARE HUMBLE AND NEVER BRAG ON OUR TEAMS! WE DON'T RUB PEOPLE'S NOSE IN THE DIRT WHEN WE WIN! WE STAY FOCUSED, CAUTIOUS, AND CAREFUL! WE ARE ALSO CONFIDENT! AT THE SAME TIME WE ARE PROUD OF OUR TEAMS BUT WE DON'T OVERDO IT! WE ARE CLASSY AND GREAT! WE ARE TEXAS!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

handNthedirt
10-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

It's sad. It's annoying. And I'm fed up with it.

Without VY, the Bonghorns are National Chumps...and as your post here tells us all, as if we didn't already know, you and Bonghorn nation are a bunch of pot smokin hippy whiney biiatches.

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Without VY, the Bonghorns are National Chumps...and as your post here tells us all, as if we didn't already know, you and Bonghorn nation are a bunch of pot smokin hippy whiney biiatches.

handinthedirt, making educated posts since 2005

KTJ
10-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
you sound like your crying about it just because not everyone likes your school...the horn fans on here have been doing to to the aggies just as bad or worse

I'm pretty sure there's a difference between venting and crying.

You don't have to tell me that everyone doesn't like UT. I don't expect that nor would that make everything honky dory.

Other people are prolly like me and sick of how cocky UT fans and athletes are.

Welcome to college athletics.

Duke, UCONN, Indiana, Kentucky and Kansas are just like that in basketball.

USC, Pete Carroll, Ohio State fans, the SEC, Notre Dame fans, alum, parents, students and the program as a whole, do it in college football.

UCLA in girls softball.

Welcome to college athletics.

Forgive me if I seem unsympathetic, but I am with Mwynn. This has gone both ways for a LONG time. Some UT posters are just as bad as anybody about degrading a school.

I wasn't asking for sympathy, nor was I implying that. I was, however, hungry.

What I have to say to this would get me ROM'd, so methinks I shall keep it to myself. Classy post there buddy. Class-tastic. :thumbsup:

NDFootball
10-17-2006, 11:23 PM
There's so much love in the air. :p

BTW I've been dissed thousands of times for being a ND fan on the different boards I'm on. Everyone does it. I get extra heat on this board especially. You're not alone here.

Not taking a shot at ya but winning a NC like that puts a target on your back. Everybody loves to hate successful teams. That's just how it goes.

wedo
10-17-2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.theoldcoach.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38070

thought this might stir things up a lil bit!!;)

wedo
10-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt

i wonder how many tackles VY had in the NC game last year!! I know i saw him hit Lindale White in the Back field on that 4 and 1 play in the 4th !!! Right?? Theres no doubt that he was Texas' most Valuble player last year but he was not the only one on scholarship!!

Im a Texas fan!! But i root for the aggies when they aren't playing Texas, well mostly all Texas schools!! But i guranttee that somebody could count on one hand the aggies that were rooting for Texas to beat USC last year!!!