PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside & the rest of D30-3A

IHStangFan
10-15-2006, 05:19 PM
How will the district play out from here? Orange Grove beats a badly injured and quite honestly in my opinion (probably fixin to piss some people off) not up to usual par Sinton team and all of the sudden they are "the team to beat in D30-3A" or so says the Corpus Christi Caller Times. Ah well, they never seem to give Ingleside any love anyway, reguardless of what they do. Sinton is not the Sinton most people are used to. They are WAY down in my opinion, so to beat Sinton isnt saying as much as it would have been a year or two ago. Sure Orange Grove is undefeated, but look at their schedule! With that being said....

Ingleside's Record and Schedule:

Tuloso-Midway: W 52-7
CC Miller: W 37-7
Port Lavaca Calhoun: L 16-41
Zapata: W 53-14
Falfurrias: W 33-0
Aransas Pass: W 38-12
Mathis
Orange Grove
West Oso
Sinton

Then you have Orange Grove:

Banquete: W 35-0
Taft: W 56-27
Hebbronville: W 47-0
Falfurrias: W 44-7
Goliad: W 14-6
Sinton: W 16-10
Aransas Pass
Ingleside
Mathis
West Oso

I'm sure it'll be a good matchup, but I don't see Orange Grove as "the team to beat". I still think they have to get past Ingleside before you can say that. Ingleside's only loss comes by way of Port Lavaca Calhoun who is a suprise in the 4A community this year. When youre Ingleside and you have 4-5 turnover against a team such as Calhoun, youre not going to win, PERIOD. As homerish as it sounds, I think Ingleside will beat OG, but thats yet to be seen.

As far as the rest of the district you have Mathis, Sinton, West Oso, and Aransas Pass. As of now the district looks like:

Orange Grove
Ingleside
Mathis
Aransas Pass
West Oso
Sinton

I predict a finish of:

Ingleside
Orange Grove
Sinton
Aransas Pass
Mathis
West Oso

piratebg
10-15-2006, 05:28 PM
I predict:

Ingleside
Orange Grove
Mathis
Sinton
West Oso
Aransas Pass

99IHSMustang
10-15-2006, 05:55 PM
The main reason I think Sinton will take 3rd is due to the fact that the only 2 offensively balanced teams that they have to go up against is Ingleside and OG. Now that OG is out of the picture that leaves Ingleside. From the stats and highlights I have seen for the other teams, they seem to be heavy on the rushing game. My Prediction at this point.

Ingleside
Orange Grove
Sinton
Aransas Pass
Mathis
West Oso

piratebg
10-15-2006, 05:57 PM
I really have not basis at all for my prediction. I just kind of threw it out there to see what kind of response I get.

pirate4state
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM
If you were thinking you'd pissed me off you are wrong, but I'm sure I'm about to piss some people off. :D

I knew that blurb in the Caller Times would bug some Ingleside people!! I thought it was pretty funny myself, but since OG IS undefeated I guess that is why CCCT thinks they are the team to beat!!! :D All because they beat Sinton.

I love seeing the other teams, fans and coaches reaction when they beat Sinton. It doesn't matter to them that we have a losing record, they just beat SINTON!! :cheerl: You'd think they just won State, but I guess that is a testament to our program. There is no denying that we have been the "big dog" in our area, in our classification the past 6 years. Sinton still has a chance to turn it around!! :clap: So enjoy your time in the spotlight while you can!! ;)

GO PIRATES GO!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2006, 06:48 PM
well i see a 3 way tie for first, hows them apples. OG score after two fortunate calls going their way otherwise they put up just one TD and that was the only time they moved the ball down the field.
Only difference in this year Sinton team is they dont have a skilled player at RB or QB position that can take over a game, instead they have to play to drive the ball down the field which is coming around slowly and until the offensive line gets it on how to domoniate the lines they will be in all the games close and not blow away anybody.
But with those close games u have to play as much mistake free ball as u can and they been making to many mental mistakes on both sides of the ball.

IHStangFan
10-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If you were thinking you'd pissed me off you are wrong, but I'm sure I'm about to piss some people off. :D

I knew that blurb in the Caller Times would bug some Ingleside people!! I thought it was pretty funny myself, but since OG IS undefeated I guess that is why CCCT thinks they are the team to beat!!! :D All because they beat Sinton.

I love seeing the other teams, fans and coaches reaction when they beat Sinton. It doesn't matter to them that we have a losing record, they just beat SINTON!! :cheerl: You'd think they just won State, but I guess that is a testament to our program. There is no denying that we have been the "big dog" in our area, in our classification the past 6 years. Sinton still has a chance to turn it around!! :clap: So enjoy your time in the spotlight while you can!! ;)

GO PIRATES GO!!! you love to see other teams and fans reaction to beating Sinton? You talk like you have to hear it all the time. When was the last time you really had to put up w/ some team in district celebrating the fact that they beat Sinton? LOL. so...SHADAP!! But you are right....Sinton is not "Sinton" this year, and you still have these people basing their season on the fact that they "beat Sinton" I feel like saying "okay..yeah..you beat Sinton...but you didn't beat a good Sinton team" as stated above, Sinton is missing two KEY ingrediants to their usual dominating offense. A skilled QB and a overpowering running back. Without these two things...Sinton just isn't Sinton...period. Am I saying that Ingleside will beat Sinton? NO WAY, because I dont know that. Do I think Ingleside's chances are better than usual to beat Sinton this year....yes. BUT...that being said, EVEN IF Sinton goes down to Ingleside, I feel that would be their last loss of the season. Sinton would take 3rd in district. Ingleside and OG go 1 and 2....BUT..its still early and anything can happen.

Good luck to the Pirates and the rest of 30-3A!!

pirate4state
10-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you love to see other teams and fans reaction to beating Sinton? You talk like you have to hear it all the time. When was the last time you really had to put up w/ some team in district celebrating the fact that they beat Sinton? LOL. so...SHADAP!!

I guess I should have included it isn't JUST in football or limited to just district wins. :p :p :cool:

I will NOT shut up...you know you like it!!! :D :D

IHStangFan
10-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I guess I should have included it isn't JUST in football or limited to just district wins. :p :p :cool:

I will NOT shut up...you know you like it!!! :D :D yes, you should have indicated that! :D whats goin on P4S? you stayin outa trouble? Man, I went and watched one heck of a Wharton -vs- West Columbia game last friday night!! I'm now a split 30-3A/24-3A fan! LOL. Hoping I can get over and watch Katy and Cinco Ranch play when that time comes as well!!

pirate4state
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yes, you should have indicated that! :D whats goin on P4S? you stayin outa trouble? Man, I went and watched one heck of a Wharton -vs- West Columbia game last friday night!! I'm now a split 30-3A/24-3A fan! LOL. Hoping I can get over and watch Katy and Cinco Ranch play when that time comes as well!! I'm always in trouble :devil: You should come chat with us!! :D

Fal44
10-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Having Faced 4 teams from this district I predict

Ingleside
OG
Sinton
Oso
Mathis
AP

big daddy russ
10-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Having Faced 4 teams from this district I predict

Ingleside
OG
Sinton
Oso
Mathis
AP
Did Ingleside look strong against you guys, or did they seem like they had a lot of holes? I got to watch my boys on Friday night, and it was a tale of two teams.

In the first half, they looked very beatable. But in the second they started clicking, the offense found a rhythm, and they looked like a team that was definitely going to make a run at Region IV. What did they look like when you played them?

Fal44
10-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Did Ingleside look strong against you guys, or did they seem like they had a lot of holes? I got to watch my boys on Friday night, and it was a tale of two teams.

In the first half, they looked very beatable. But in the second they started clicking, the offense found a rhythm, and they looked like a team that was definitely going to make a run at Region IV. What did they look like when you played them?

Well, They were really good for one. Your Mustangs have the size and speed but were not to physical. They are an athletic team but once again when they meet a team that is going to smack them in the mouth they will have some promblems. I still think they are better then OG,Mathis, and OSO and Will win out they district...

big daddy russ
10-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Well, They were really good for one. Your Mustangs have the size and speed but were not to physical. They are an athletic team but once again when they meet a team that is going to smack them in the mouth they will have some promblems. I still think they are better then OG,Mathis, and OSO and Will win out they district...
That makes sense. When AP was coming right at them, laying the wood, they were hanging in there. When they didn't, Ingleside found their rhythm on offense.

Thanks, Fal.

Fal44
10-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That makes sense. When AP was coming right at them, laying the wood, they were hanging in there. When they didn't, Ingleside found their rhythm on offense.

Thanks, Fal.

Your welcome Russ anytime...

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 11:59 PM
i don't think orange grove is as good as they make them out too be, they just beat a sub-par Sinton team