PDA

View Full Version : Is Hair Pulling A Personal Foul?

piratebg
10-15-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm curious as to what you guys think. Troy Polamalu, of the Steelers, intercepted Damon Huard and raced down the sideline. KC running back Larry Johson chased him and dragged him down by his hair. The refs flagged him for unsportsman-like conduct. What do you guys think? Is the hair fair game?

DaHop72
10-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I'm curious as to what you guys think. Troy Polamalu, of the Steelers, intercepted Damon Huard and raced down the sideline. KC running back Larry Johson chased him and dragged him down by his hair. The refs flagged him for unsportsman-like conduct. What do you guys think? Is the hair fair game? The announcers said it is considered part of the uniform. The personal foul was for continuing to hold onto his hair.

piratebg
10-15-2006, 05:26 PM
I still think its a "girl" tackle. I was just wondering. The Steelers are kicking their butt anyway, so it's not like the play impacted the game at all.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 05:27 PM
IMO, I think if a GUY has long flowing locks then he needs to put it in a bun or take the chance of being drug down with it.

I think it's fair game!

sww-bull52
10-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
IMO, I think if a GUY has long flowing locks then he needs to put it in a bun or take the chance of being drug down with it.

I think it's fair game!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Keith7
10-15-2006, 06:50 PM
THIS POLL IS DEGRADING TO WOMEN!!! YOU INSENSITIVE PIGS!!! WHY WOULD A RULE BE DIFFERENT FOR A GIRL? MEN AND WOMEN SHOULD BE EQUAL!!

WHY ARE U GUYS SO INSENSITIVE??

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
THIS POLL IS DEGRADING TO WOMEN!!! YOU INSENSITIVE PIGS!!! WHY WOULD A RULE BE DIFFERENT FOR A GIRL? MEN AND WOMEN SHOULD BE EQUAL!!

You need to settle down before you get ROMmed

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:53 PM

I thought about adding a 3rd "Ranger mom option" that said:

If you wear your hair like a girl you deserve to be drug down with it.

I have been a time or two when I got in a "cat fight" back in the day!

Keith7
10-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by carter08
You need to settle down before you get ROMmed

dude i'm taking you guys' side on this.. i'm helping get rid of all this insensitive garbage!

Emerson1
10-15-2006, 06:56 PM
dude i'm taking you guys' side on this.. i'm helping get rid of all this insensitive garbage!
Ignore carter, he isn't the straightest ruler in the backpack.

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Emerson is as straight as a rainbow

Keith7
10-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Emerson is as straight as a rainbow

INSENSITIVE TO GAY PEOPLE!! I have a gay teacher! He would be heart broken to see this comment! you insensitive pig

VAMike
10-15-2006, 07:04 PM
It is NOT a foul in Texas HS football or the NCAA to tackle by the hair. On one of our ref boards they said the flag was actually for taunting. not for the tackle.

coach
10-15-2006, 07:27 PM
if your tough enough to grow the hair you should be tough enough to be tackeled by it

blackflag_74
10-15-2006, 07:29 PM
from high school all the way up to the nfl, the hair is considered part of the uniform so it is fair game.

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If you wear your hair like a girl you deserve to be drug down with it.

That was going to be my response. :D :p

tap_tx_sinton
10-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Yank on that hair, fair game you dont like it cut it.......

Jason1725
10-16-2006, 10:00 AM
" No, it didn't hurt, it felt good." Johnson was flaged for pulling him off the ground by the hair and for hiting Ike Taylor after the play as well. He also said " "It really doesn't matter to me. He can tackle me by my hair or my ankles. It doesn't matter. I understand the nature of the game. A lot of things like that can happen,"

htowntransplant
10-16-2006, 11:03 AM
i replied on other post....

yes its dangerous and should be illegal. it does what grasping the facemask does.....jerks the neck.

mrescape43
10-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
i replied on other post....

yes its dangerous and should be illegal. it does what grasping the facemask does.....jerks the neck.

If it is dangerous to be tackled by the mop then it should be illegal to wear it while playing the game.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
If it is dangerous to be tackled by the mop then it should be illegal to wear it while playing the game.

I agree 100%!!!

And the "no it didn't hurt...it felt good" statement is just stupid!!:rolleyes: