PDA

View Full Version : I'm fed up with as the world turns.

PPHSfan
10-15-2006, 04:58 PM
As many of you know, I have been a member of this little message board for several years now. I have enjoyed many of the silly things that we have done over the years in what I have always thought to be just good clean fun.

Sometimes in the past, as in the real world, some folks just don’t always get it. Lately I have struggled with a situation that has brought itself to my doorstep that I guess was my turn to just not get it.

It is my firm belief that this place is a community of “characters” and not simply real people. In my opinion, if it were to be any more than that, then we would not have screen names and avatars, but rather we would use our full real names and addresses.

With that being said, I am growing real tired of the melodrama and the friction on the board between folks who I believe take this make believe world in cyberspace way too seriously. It used to be that my “character” could get on here and poke fun at other “characters” and if that “character” were witty enough, they could come up with a clever rebuttal.

Now a days, I have to field Private Messages on a daily basis that deal with the Young and the Restless crowd, that think that this board is somehow something real and tangible in the Days of our Lives. Let me tell you something sports fans. The ONLY thing that is real on the 3adownlow is the football that is played on Friday Night.

Until some of us start acting like this place is what it is (a bunch of 1’s and 0’s in digital cyberspace) and stop acting like the down low is a real city with a mayor and a sheriff, then I am just too tired and occupied with the real world to continue to put my valuable time into trying to make this a fun place to visit. I am sorry if I have offended anyone, let me just say that if I did in fact say something that was offensive towards you, I am sure that it was on purpose. Grow up and take it like a man. Until the land of OZ gets back to normal.

Peace

The King

piratebg
10-15-2006, 05:00 PM
HAIL TO THE KING!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

carter08
10-15-2006, 05:01 PM
before you leave forever and ever, could you tell me when the bet ends. Is it the end of the year or end of football season :D

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
As many of you know, I have been a member of this little message board for several years now. I have enjoyed many of the silly things that we have done over the years in what I have always thought to be just good clean fun.

Sometimes in the past, as in the real world, some folks just don’t always get it. Lately I have struggled with a situation that has brought itself to my doorstep that I guess was my turn to just not get it.

It is my firm belief that this place is a community of “characters” and not simply real people. In my opinion, if it were to be any more than that, then we would not have screen names and avatars, but rather we would use our full real names and addresses.

With that being said, I am growing real tired of the melodrama and the friction on the board between folks who I believe take this make believe world in cyberspace way too seriously. It used to be that my “character” could get on here and poke fun at other “characters” and if that “character” were witty enough, they could come up with a clever rebuttal.

Now a days, I have to field Private Messages on a daily basis that deal with the Young and the Restless crowd, that think that this board is somehow something real and tangible in the Days of our Lives. Let me tell you something sports fans. The ONLY thing that is real on the 3adownlow is the football that is played on Friday Night.

Until some of us start acting like this place is what it is (a bunch of 1’s and 0’s in digital cyberspace) and stop acting like the down low is a real city with a mayor and a sheriff, then I am just too tired and occupied with the real world to continue to put my valuable time into trying to make this a fun place to visit. I am sorry if I have offended anyone, let me just say that if I did in fact say something that was offensive towards you, I am sure that it was on purpose. Grow up and take it like a man. Until the land of OZ gets back to normal.

Peace

The King

I hope you weren't trying to refer to me. I've never and will never send you a PM. I just find you to be uneducated, not funny, and about as sharp as a box of rocks.....

So, grow up and take it like a man, man.:p

On a side note I just rented the DVDs of the 1st season of the HBO series OZ. Pretty good stuff.:)

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
I just find you to be uneducated, not funny, and about as sharp as a box of rocks.....

You don't even have a clue!:rolleyes:

big daddy russ
10-15-2006, 05:16 PM
I hope you weren't trying to refer to me. I've never and will never send you a PM. I just find you to be uneducated, not funny, and about as sharp as a box of rocks.....
I wouldn't bet against him in a game of Jeopardy.

I feel ya', PPHS. Whenever you feel like coming back, you're welcome to take a shot at me anytime you like. I won't cry about it. I'll never take it up in a PM. All the times I've talked mess about you before have been in the open forum. Promise. ;)

Snyder_TigerFan
10-15-2006, 05:16 PM

Looks like he graduated high school to me.

:rolleyes:

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You don't even have a clue!:rolleyes:

Ok. Thanks.

I suggest he go sign up for a World of Warcraft account so he can go have fun with a "character".

carter08
10-15-2006, 05:19 PM
So i guess he's not gonna answer my question

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Looks like he graduated high school to me.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, for all you people that didn't get my point. His joke was rather lame and sounded like something from high school. If he wanted to be witty about me talking about "my" Horns losing or w/e he could have found 100 ways to do it a bit more clever than asking me about my position on the team.

Also, this is an Internet message board. I'm glad he thinks that we're all raving mad at each other and want to kill kill kill. It's just not the case. I state my case and then when someone decides to try and be cool and start trashing I lay right in with reckless abandon. Why? It's fun and it's on the freaking Internet. I'm not personally involved with anyone on here and I never will be. That's why g$$ cracks me up so much because he's actually threatened to get in a RL fight with me.

And like I said. . .I've never initiated a PM with anyone over something said on this message board. I've had people flame me to high heaven in them but I don't send them out because I didn't like what someone said to me. So, don't be pointing the finger at me.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 05:22 PM
I just hope no one posts a poll on who they would rather see leave.....I guarantee you, PPHSFan would not lose that one!!

PPHSFan is one of my best friends, on AND off the board. I agree 100% with what he said.

If anyone needs to grow up, it's all the one's who take everthing here so damn seriously.....this place used to be a lot more fun when everyone joked around and didn't get so butthurt over itty bitty thing!!

carter08
10-15-2006, 05:28 PM
I just hope no one posts a poll on who they would rather see leave.....I guarantee you, PPHSFan would not lose that one!!

PPHSFan is one of my best friends, on AND off the board. I agree 100% with what he said.

If anyone needs to grow up, it's all the one's who take everthing here so damn seriously.....this place used to be a lot more fun when everyone joked around and didn't get so butthurt over itty bitty thing!!

I want to clear up a misconception

POST PADDERS :mad: :mad: :mad:

is meant in a fun spirited way
i'm sorry that some people take it serious

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I want to clear up a misconception

POST PADDERS :mad: :mad: :mad:

is meant in a fun spirited way
i'm sorry that some people take it serious

For some reason, I have a hard time taking ANYTHING you say seriously!! :p

carter08
10-15-2006, 05:29 PM
For some reason, I have a hard time taking ANYTHING you say seriously!! :p

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I know :D

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 05:33 PM

I know :D

That's how it SHOULD be!!:)

Adidas410s
10-15-2006, 05:35 PM

On a side note I just rented the DVDs of the 1st season of the HBO series OZ. Pretty good stuff.:)

it's amazing that you felt that this was referring to you. A little defensive??? hmm...yeah...;)

piratebg
10-15-2006, 05:36 PM
There certainly is a lot of negative feelings on the board today. Where is the love? Where is the comradery? What happened to the 3ADL that I came to love so much?

I came to the board to talk football, pick up moms;) :kiss: :cool:, and make some friends, but I can't stand all of this fighting. Make love not war.

carter08
10-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
it's amazing that you felt that this was referring to you. A little defensive??? hmm...yeah...;)

Denny Crane :D

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

I'm always defensive. I grew up in the ghetto and I still live in the ghetto. I have a glock under my pillow as we speak!!

SOME SOME COMPASSION!!!!!

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Jason: AJ::PPhsfan:westtxlonghorn

g$$
10-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Intelligent people can disagree. It's America.

The problem I have with some is this: they bring it on themselves thru non-stop rants & then get defensive when called on it. The bulls-eye is squarely in place. Then name calling ensues & here we go. Everyone involved looks like children on a playground (myself included). I have had a problem with ONE person on this board & everyone knows his name. He enjoys arguing & getting under my skin, which he just said in his post about the internet. I will try to do better & be more mature about it. I challenge anyone to find any of my posts where I have not been objective. In fact, A&M winning yesterday was very bittersweet for me. I want a new coach & now he is pretty safe, unless they just go in the tank.

So enough of the hate. I am moving forward.

Keith7
10-15-2006, 05:58 PM
DANG IT! I'M SICK OF THESE DANG SOAP OPERAS, CAN'T THEY JUST PLAY MAXIMUM EXTREME CHALLENGE 24/7 ON T.V. GET THIS CRAP OFF THE AIR!!

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Intelligent people can disagree. It's America.

The problem I have with some is this: they bring it on themselves thru non-stop rants & then get defensive when called on it. The bulls-eye is squarely in place. Then name calling ensues & here we go. Everyone involved looks like children on a playground (myself included). I have had a problem with ONE person on this board & everyone knows his name. He enjoys arguing & getting under my skin, which he just said in his post about the internet. I will try to do better & be more mature about it. I challenge anyone to find any of my posts where I have not been objective. In fact, A&M winning yesterday was very bittersweet for me. I want a new coach & now he is pretty safe, unless they just go in the tank.

So enough of the hate. I am moving forward.

*WARNING* *BLATANT BUTTON PUSHING ABOUT TO ENSUE*

g$$: Does that mean you aren't going to come to my house and fight me? I bought nunchuks and everything...

:(

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
picture removed

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!!

P.S. I don't know what the inside joke is that makes people use that show some compassion line, but I want to fit in so I'm going to use it as much as possible.

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:16 PM
http://smirking.com/gallery/data/media/9/shut-up.jpg

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Picture removed

You're a douchebag for putting that on here. That's pretty low, even for you.

sinton66
10-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, all of you should relax. The first post in this thread was geared toward me and me alone.

Keith7
10-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You're a douchebag for putting that on here. That's pretty low, even for you.

your a douchebag for being a cry baby

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2006, 06:21 PM
No, there is a poster on here who has a mentally handicapped son, and that is offensive towards him and anyone else who has a loved one or a friend who is handicapped. Don't try to talk down on me because you have no compassion towards other people who aren't as fortunate as you.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:21 PM

I hope I have removed them all...I guess that makes me a douchebag too!

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:22 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION KEITH7:mad: :mad: :mad:

In all seriousness, please do not insult the special needs

Keith7
10-15-2006, 06:24 PM
No, there is a poster on here who has a mentally handicapped son, and that is offensive towards him and anyone else who has a loved one or a friend who is handicapped. Don't try to talk down on me because you have no compassion towards other people who aren't as fortunate as you.

I have a couple of mentally retarded family members, one being my neice, she would probably think that picture was funny if she did see it.. Not everybody who is mentally retarded sits there and dwells on the fact, but takes stuff like that in stride.. People who do take offense to that are people who are guilty of being ashamed of having a retarded family member.. so get real

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2006, 06:28 PM
I have a couple of mentally retarded family members, one being my neice, she would probably think that picture was funny if she did see it.. Not everybody who is mentally retarded sits there and dwells on the fact, but takes stuff like that in stride.. People who do take offense to that are people who are guilty of being ashamed of having a retarded family member.. so get real

I hardly think that injuredinmelee is ashamed, I'm sure that he is the proudest father in the world and wants the best of his child. You need to stop making excuses for being belligerent and live up to what you did and apologize. Not everyone takes it in stride like you do.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:31 PM

It is wonderful that your neice is so well adjusted, BUT, this has come up before and I will be the first to admit, I have been guilty in the past of posting the exact same picture and using the phrase, "that's retarded". After I talked to a poster and had some in depth conversation about it, I found out just how insensitive I was being. I didn't mean it in a deragatory way, but it was insensitive, nonetheless. To this day I haven't used that phrase again. I don't think for one second the poster I am referring to is in any way ashamed of his son, but it was decided then that as long as it offensive to others (and it was many, not just a few)....that picture was not going to be used here!

Keith7
10-15-2006, 06:32 PM
I hardly think that injuredinmelee is ashamed, I'm sure that he is the proudest father in the world and wants the best of his child. You need to stop making excuses for being belligerent and live up to what you did and apologize. Not everyone takes it in stride like you do.

Well I didn't think he was ashamed, and i'm sure he is plenty proud like you said as any good father should be.. I'm not appologizing to anyone thought because I have not done anything wrong but bring a little humor to rediculous subjects.. If anyone is mad at me for that oh well..

oldcrow
10-15-2006, 06:33 PM

I agree also. I know would help this matter. Bring Leon back!!!:D

g$$
10-15-2006, 06:34 PM
West TX: just leave it alone. I would never go to your house nor do I care to ever be around you. For the record, I asked if you had self-esteem or anger issues & needed to talk. Gosh you're defensive. You flat don't know when to shut your pie hole. That's it in a nutshell.

West Tx,

Please grow up & respect others. Hiding behind a computer screen & playing tough guy with insults only makes you look stupid & childish. Thanks.

Signed,
Mature people on 3a Down Low

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Well I didn't think he was ashamed, and i'm sure he is plenty proud like you said as any good father should be.. I'm not appologizing to anyone thought because I have not done anything wrong but bring a little humor to rediculous subjects.. If anyone is mad at me for that oh well..

It wasn't humorous, and you're still a douchebag.

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by g$$
West TX: just leave it alone. I would never go to your house nor do I care to ever be around you. For the record, I asked if you had self-esteem or anger issues & needed to talk. Gosh you're defensive. You flat don't know when to shut your pie hole. That's it in a nutshell.

West Tx,

Please grow up & respect others. Hiding behind a computer screen & playing tough guy with insults only makes you look stupid & childish. Thanks.

Signed,

Don't you mean Keith on the last one

pirate4state
10-15-2006, 06:38 PM
What the hell are all you doing on a message board when there was tons of NFL football on to keep you entertained??? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
What the hell are all you doing on a message board when there was tons of NFL football on to keep you entertained??? :thinking:

Cowboys are over, they are the only ones I watch!!

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:39 PM

SHUT YOUR MOUTH FOOTS :mad:

pirate4state
10-15-2006, 06:41 PM
SHUT YOUR MOUTH FOOTS :mad: MOONPIE

COWBOYS 34 TEXANS 6 :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

SO YOU SHUT UP!!!! :mad:

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:43 PM
MOONPIE

:( :( :(
:weeping: :weeping:

slpybear the bullfan
10-15-2006, 06:46 PM
PPHSFan hit the nail on the head about one thing... There is very little real on the downlow.... just a bunch of electrons that zip and zing and make useful information.

Some folks do take the little downlow world waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously. To those folks, I invite you to step out side. Look around. Talk to real people.

Thats my $.02. Not worth a lot but I like it!

Keith7
10-15-2006, 06:48 PM
:( :( :(
:weeping: :weeping:

REMOVE THOSE SAD FACES!! THOSE ARE INSENSITIVE TO DEPRESSED PEOPLE!!

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:48 PM
MOONPIE

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/party0049.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/party0049.gif

carter08
10-15-2006, 06:50 PM

http://209.85.12.232/7395/137/emo/ban.gif http://209.85.12.232/7395/137/emo/bazooka.gif http://209.85.12.232/7395/137/emo/icon_yourmama.gif http://209.85.12.232/7395/137/emo/lockd.gif

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 06:50 PM

Oh good grief!:doh:

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by g$$

West Tx,

Signed,

Oh g$$, you silly ole' flip-flopper you! Too bad I can't post PMs. We'd all get a hoot outta your "matureness" then.

:crazy1:

lostaussie
10-15-2006, 07:42 PM
i thought i had seen everything until i saw this. YA"LL GET A GRIP. PPHS you keep on carrying on:thumbsup:

DaHop72
10-15-2006, 07:58 PM
I hardly think that injuredinmelee is ashamed, I'm sure that he is the proudest father in the world and wants the best of his child. You need to stop making excuses for being belligerent and live up to what you did and apologize. Not everyone takes it in stride like you do. Well said, BBDE.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
10-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Well I didn't think he was ashamed, and i'm sure he is plenty proud like you said as any good father should be.. I'm not appologizing to anyone thought because I have not done anything wrong but bring a little humor to rediculous subjects.. If anyone is mad at me for that oh well.. You're right, there is nothing wrong with be insensitive to others.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eagles_victory
10-15-2006, 08:06 PM

If anyone needs to grow up, it's all the one's who take everthing here so damn seriously.....this place used to be a lot more fun when everyone joked around and didn't get so butthurt over itty bitty thing!! no offence but i get tired of hearing over and over how 3a downlow use to be so much more fun then it is now bc the new people take too much stuff seriously. Im kind of a middle of the road not too old not too new. Things change life changes you got to deal with it. 3adownlow is what it is take it or leave it if you dont like it

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
no offence but i get tired of hearing over and over how 3a downlow use to be so much more fun then it is now bc the new people take too much stuff seriously. Im kind of a middle of the road not too old not too new. Things change life changes you got to deal with it. 3adownlow is what it is take it or leave it if you dont like it

You complain to me in IM's more than any other poster on this board....so I don't know where the hell you have any room to talk!!

eagles_victory
10-15-2006, 08:10 PM
You complain to me in IM's more than any other poster on this board....so I don't know where the hell you have any room to talk!! got rm fired up oh yes :D

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
got rm fired up oh yes :D

Sorry dude...you are gonna have to do better than that to fire me up!:hand:

carter08
10-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Sorry dude...you are gonna have to do better than that to fire me up!:hand:

he could get a match :D

eagles_victory
10-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Sorry dude...you are gonna have to do better than that to fire me up!:hand: if everyone would hold thereselves accountable to the same things they hold everyone else to there would be no problems. But we have people who arent willing to judge thereselves the same way they are everyone else. And forgive me for getting mad about bullfrog laughing about AD's injury thats totally uncalled for what other people are getting mad about is petty like a my boy adiddas said it takes two sides to argue.

SintonFan
10-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
PPHSFan hit the nail on the head about one thing... There is very little real on the downlow.... just a bunch of electrons that zip and zing and make useful information.

Some folks do take the little downlow world waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too seriously. To those folks, I invite you to step out side. Look around. Talk to real people.

Thats my $.02. Not worth a lot but I like it!
I'll disagree with you on this one thing slpy. PPHS did open up an "virtual" Pandora's box with his pledge. The integrity of this board has taken a hit. It's gonna get worse before it's gonna get better(for awhile). Whether the town analogy is accurate or not doesn't do justice to what this board is supposed to be. A family friendly board. lol We both agree on that though. I don't have to ask you about that.:)
I do sometimes take this board too seriously, I'm guilty. But I never PM folks about it. Never will. I PM folks if I think there is a misunderstanding on my post. I think that's the way it should be.:)

SintonFan
10-16-2006, 01:08 AM
After I talked to a poster and had some in depth conversation about it, I found out just how insensitive I was being. I didn't mean it in a deragatory way, but it was insensitive, nonetheless. To this day I haven't used that phrase again. I don't think for one second the poster I am referring to is in any way ashamed of his son, but it was decided then that as long as it offensive to others (and it was many, not just a few)....that picture was not going to be used here!
I feel for injured and like the guy, but I really do wonder if run-away political-correctness is taking hold on the downlow. It might not be proper to put "retarded" in your sig or respond to injured with that word in any fashion, I agree. But to totally remove it from anywhere on this board is totally PC.
I believe you when you say you haven't used the word "retarded" again. But doesn't admitting that kinda go against the spirit of what PPHSfan posted in his first post here on this topic? That folks take things way too serious here?
I'll welcome WestTXLonghorn(he needs it lol). He might not have a favorable moniker on the downlow, but a lot of the talk on this thread just seems to disprove PPHS's view that the board is comprised of "characters". I'd say it was more like a town cuz I just witnessed a public lynching...:eek:
Keith does have a compelling argument, too.:clap:

AggieJohn
10-16-2006, 01:08 AM
all i gotta say is don't be a tool and the downlow will be grand

SintonFan
10-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
all i gotta say is don't be a tool and the downlow will be grand
Just call me a tool whydontcha! no pm needed...:rolleyes:

dirtydan
10-16-2006, 01:19 AM

Peace

The King

PPHSfan- I couldn't agreee with you more, this is just a place to chat and pass observations and predictions back and forth. If everybody knew the outcome of a game, there would be no reason to play them. Plus there are some that are taking this gobbledygook too seriously.

SintonFan
10-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by dirtydan
PPHSfan- I couldn't agreee with you more, this is just a place to chat and pass observations and predictions back and forth. If everybody knew the outcome of a game, there would be no reason to play them. Plus there are some that are taking this gobbledygook too seriously.
What's funny about all that gobbledygook is that after a while folks get their feeling's hurt(sometimes).... just like in a real town or community. Stay here for a few years... you'd be surprised at what folks actually mean, even though something opposite might be posted. It takes time to develop understanding for those kinds of things.
I do disagree with PPHSfan on this.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I feel for injured and like the guy, but I really do wonder if run-away political-correctness is taking hold on the downlow. It might not be proper to put "retarded" in your sig or respond to injured with that word in any fashion, I agree. But to totally remove it from anywhere on this board is totally PC.
I believe you when you say you haven't used the word "retarded" again. But doesn't admitting that kinda go against the spirit of what PPHSfan posted in his first post here on this topic? That folks take things way too serious here?
I'll welcome WestTXLonghorn(he needs it lol). He might not have a favorable moniker on the downlow, but a lot of the talk on this thread just seems to disprove PPHS's view that the board is comprised of "characters". I'd say it was more like a town cuz I just witnessed a public lynching...:eek:

The phrase"that's retarded" is not what was removed! (I was just giving my background on the situation)...the picture of the down syndrome kid winning a race in a special olympics event and the caption...."Arguing on the internet is useless, even if you win you are still retarded" ( or something like that) is what I removed!

No matter how you feel about, it was something that when it came up several months ago, that we, as moderators, had to deal with. We just decided then that we wouldn't allow that picture. We remove "questionable" pictures all the time. No one got warned, no one was in trouble, it was just removed!

Phil C
10-16-2006, 08:53 AM
EVERYONE, DON'T TAKE THINGS SAID ON HERE SO SERIOUSLY! HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!!

:(:( :( :mad: :mad:

Ranger Mom
10-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
EVERYONE, DON'T TAKE THINGS SAID ON HERE SO SERIOUSLY! HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!!

:(:( :( :mad: :mad:

Why must you always yell??:p

Phil C
10-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Why must you always yell??:p

GO PIRATES! I mean "go pirates."

:D

luvhoops34
10-16-2006, 09:47 AM

Peace

The King

Pardon me, but aren't you doing exactly what you are accusing some of the posters of doing.....taking the DL a little to seriously???

I think it's fine if you don't want to post anymore, that's your business. But do you have to make an annoucement about your intentions??? How juvenile.....Maybe you need to do what your post says "Grow up and take it like a man."

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

This was not a matter of political correctness, it was a matter of having consideration and showing compassion towards others. I'm sure that many men on this board cuss words, but refrain from doing it around women and children. Why is it all of the sudden wrong to use that same attitude in the situation that has been discussed? Injured and I have had our differences, but I have enough respect for him to uphold his wishes. It is not that I am afraid to offend him, it is that the man made a simple request and I see no reason not to uphold that request granted the circumstances. That fail to see how that can make me "overly sensitive" or that I take things too seriously, it is just me being respectful of the wishes of another man.

c-town_balla
10-16-2006, 09:26 PM
you know i like this website i visit it every day and on most days probly 10 times. But I have seen it slowly degrade. I used to get lots of scores and in depth informantion on teams. Now I have to search even to find a single topic on games that intrest me. It seems that this site is just all PC now and we don't want to hurt anyones feelings......I'm all for having rules and all but this page was alot better back when I could call someone a derogatory name and no one would really care and we all just talked football....If some one talked about other stuff it was fine but it didn't matter because the football stuff would push it down to the bottom of the board. Now on Friday nights the front page will be more random topics than say scores or highlights. Just my two sents

nz

Ranger Mom
10-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Now on Friday nights the front page will be more random topics than say scores or highlights. Just my two sents

You must not be around on Friday nights then, because that is not the case AT ALL!! The first 2 pages, at least, are pretty much solid scores and recaps!:hand: