5. West Virginia
6. Florida
7. Louisville
8. Notre Dame
9. Texas
10. California

jason
10-15-2006, 03:39 PM
no way texas is only the 9th best team...

5,6,7, and 8 wouldn't have a chance against them...

how is auburn that high ?? they lost to freakin arkansas...

i guess the nc will be the winner of ohio st vs michigan, and whoever gets lucky to jump to the #2 spot...

STXBramha
10-15-2006, 03:41 PM
That is a joke...UT loses to the best team in the country without a doubt, and are behind all these other one loss teams. BCS is terrible once again

PPHSfan
10-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Texas is three touchdowns better than six of the teams ahead of them. what a crock.

pirate4state
10-15-2006, 03:43 PM
WOW!

tigerpride_08
10-15-2006, 03:43 PM
hot topic!:eek:

KTJ
10-15-2006, 03:44 PM
It's only the first release.

If UT is 9th, say, 3 weeks from now (assuming Texas doesn't lose) then something is wrong. I'm really not too worried, although I didn't expect us to be 9th to start off with.

g$$
10-15-2006, 04:31 PM
It's too early to draw many conclusions with lots of key games coming up. But some of you are speaking with your heart instead of logic (3 tds better, etc.). Texas is good, but they have played 1 quality opponent & lost that game. The Big 12 is down too, so that won't help them either. That being said, 9th is too low. ND is way overrated & overhyped as always.

I am still sticking to Ohio State vs. WVU in NC game.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by g$$
It's too early to draw many conclusions with lots of key games coming up. But some of you are speaking with your heart instead of logic (3 tds better, etc.). Texas is good, but they have played 1 quality opponent & lost that game. The Big 12 is down too, so that won't help them either. That being said, 9th is too low. ND is way overrated & overhyped as always.

I am still sticking to Ohio State vs. WVU in NC game.

No. . .the Oklahoma Sooners with probably the best running back in football until he broke his collar bone this week wasn't a quality opponent.:rolleyes:

Bleh. Doesn't matter. We win out we go to a BCS bowl game.

g$$
10-15-2006, 04:47 PM
I never considered OU to be quality - as in Top 15 good. Peterson obviously made them a pretty good team, but nowhere near the big boys. They have some big holes this year. O-line, defense so so, qb, etc. OHIO STATE is the only really good team Texas has played, & they lost at home by 17. That's why they are 9th.

wildstangs
10-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Traditionally the schools that lose earlier in the year, i.e. Texas losing to OSU, move up higher in the rankings. Auburn is a great team, and I believe the loss to Ark. was a fluke, but they shouldn't be this high yet. Other teams have to claw and fight all the way back up. Now Auburn is sitting in the drivers seat ready to take over when USC loses a game.

USC keeps winning, but wow they are playing everyone close. The teams that they have played close would be the equivalent of Texas playing Baylor, Okie State, and Kansas close.

big daddy russ
10-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by jason
Yeah, but they have the most impressive couple of wins out of anyone on the list. They've already beat two #2 teams this year (LSU was ranked second at the time, and Florida yesterday), and they've beaten 8 of the last 9 top-five teams they've played.

On that note, it's still early. The computer polls haven't had quite enough time to work out all the kinks (you know how screwy computer polls are at the beginning of the season) and Texas will start to climb more and more as the season wears on. At least six of those teams still have to play each other (ND/USC, Michigan/OSU, WVU/Louisville... ND also may play one of the Big Ten schools, but I haven't looked it up) so at the very least, three will fall. That leaves the Horns at no less than number six should they win out.

Paratrooper
10-15-2006, 05:28 PM
At 9th this late in the season there is no way that Texas will play for a National Championship. That is rather sad because I do think Texas should be in the Top 5 wtihout a doubt. I do know one thing there is NO WAY USC should be number 2. I would put several in front of them.

AggieJohn
10-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
At 9th this late in the season there is no way that Texas will play for a National Championship. That is rather sad because I do think Texas should be in the Top 5 wtihout a doubt. I do know one thing there is NO WAY USC should be number 2. I would put several in front of them. you forget we still have six more weeks of football at least....

and I think the reason they aren't that high is that they don't have serious quality wins.....just blowouts.....

carter08
10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
you forget we still have six more weeks of football at least....

and I think the reason they aren't that high is that they don't have serious quality wins.....just blowouts.....

so now you have to play close to get BCS points :confused: :confused:

Keith7
10-15-2006, 05:53 PM
DANG IT i'm sick of the BCS system being so screwy!! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE AND I'm FED UP!! UGH!!:mad: :mad:

jason
10-15-2006, 05:58 PM
i sat down and looked at the top 9, and came up with some logical things that could actually happen...

If you think about it, Texas' chances of moving up are fairly good...

...Ohio St vs Michigan - loser will drop
...West Virginia vs Louisville - loser will drop, winner might not have that good of a chance either
...Notre Dame vs USC - loser will drop, if Notre Dame wins, they will not go as high as the #2 spot that USC is at right now
...Florida still has to get through the rest of the SEC (@ Georgia & @ Florida State)
...Auburn has Georgia and plays @ Alabama...
...and all the teams still have to win their conference championship games
...I think if Texas wins out, they'll be playing for back to back's.....

Keith7
10-15-2006, 06:08 PM

...Ohio St vs Michigan - loser will drop
...West Virginia vs Louisville - loser will drop, winner might not have that good of a chance either
...Notre Dame vs USC - loser will drop, if Notre Dame wins, they will not go as high as the #2 spot that USC is at right now

But even if a team drops from each of these games wouldn't there still be 3 teams in front of Texas?

And depending on the outcome of each of those games a loss might not be enough to bump Texas ahead of any of those teams

and I don't see Florida or Auburn having much trouble with Georgia, who has been off and on all year (mainly off)

jason
10-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
But even if a team drops from each of these games wouldn't there still be 3 teams in front of Texas?

And depending on the outcome of each of those games a loss might not be enough to bump Texas ahead of any of those teams

and I don't see Florida or Auburn having much trouble with Georgia, who has been off and on all year (mainly off) its hard to disagree with you...we just have to be as optimistic as possible...hopefully texas having one loss early in the season will benefit them more than teams losing late in the season....

chaingang
10-15-2006, 07:51 PM
That BCS crap makes me not even want to watch College football. Louisville above Texas?????? Give me a break.

lostaussie
10-15-2006, 07:56 PM
just remember................17 point loss AT HOME.Texas only has 1 loss, but any way you slice it, they WILL NOT play for a NC.

KTA
10-15-2006, 08:38 PM
That BCS crap makes me not even want to watch College football. Louisville above Texas?????? Give me a break.

PREACH

awizzy
10-15-2006, 08:50 PM
wow the BS rankings are at once again...this is why we need a playoff

WTF-82
10-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Sum of you Horn fans sound upset about Texs being a low rank in the BCS and I could agree they mabe better than this but in college football you got to beat a couple of great teams and UT has not done this yet. Part of it is not the Horns fault that the
Big 12 is down this year and was weak last year as well. They can only hope that Nebraska and OU do not fall out of the top 25 by the end of the year.

It may be really bad if Michigan were to beat Ohio St.

WTF-82
10-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Please do not tell that Ou is a great team they are good maybe
as good as Purdue in the Big 10. This was big win for UT due to the rivalry be we really dont think Ou is a top 20 power do we.

Old Tiger
10-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Texas will be in a BCS bowl but not the NC.

On another note you had to know ND was going to be on there.

WTF-82
10-15-2006, 09:01 PM
I agree

GreenMachine
10-15-2006, 09:05 PM

i guess the nc will be the winner of ohio st vs michigan, and whoever gets lucky to jump to the #2 spot... For you to say this is totally ridiculous. Texas MAY be better than those teams, but to say that they would have no chance is like I said...RIDICULOUS.

Just Watching
10-15-2006, 10:08 PM
I am not a UT fan at all, far from it, but they are getting jobbed on this. I thought they would be 6 at the worst, perhaps five. I think they're now too far back to make that big of a climb. The BCS is a mess. But I guess a playoff system would just be too uncomplicated to actually work:rolleyes:

wedo
10-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
1. Ohio St
2. USC
3. Michigan
4. Auburn
5. West Virginia
6. Florida
7. Louisville
8. Notre Dame
9. Texas
10. California

This is Freakin Crap!!!! Auburn lost to Arkansas, West Virginia has only beatin a couple of Junior Colleges, Florida just lost to a team that wasn't even in the top ten, Louisville hasnt played nobody either except an overrated Miami team, and when Norte Dame lost it was to Michigan and they were #11 When they played!! Cal lost to Tennesse and they aren't in the top ten either!!! Oh and when Auburn beat LSU they were not #2 Norte Dame was!! This is crap!!! Ok Texas does have a loss but what really ticks me off is West Virginia and Louiville are overrated and they have not played anyone!!! They don't give the defending Champs any credit!!!!

big daddy russ
10-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Oh and when Auburn beat LSU they were not #2 Norte Dame was!!
You're right... my bad. I mixed them up when I looked at the rankings. Auburn was #2, LSU was #6 (I was using at the ESPN Polls, not the AP... Auburn was #3 in the AP).

So let's rephrase what I said:

Auburn has beaten a #2 and a #6. Texas has beat a #15 and, well, Sam Houston State. Loss to Arkie or not, Auburn's resume still looks a whole lot better than UT's and that's why some of the polls ranked them higher. It may not be fair and UT may have got jobbed, but there's no way you can say that UT should be ranked higher than Auburn if you're basing it on their schedules. Neither team deserves to be ranked higher.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
just remember................17 point loss AT HOME.Texas only has 1 loss, but any way you slice it, they WILL NOT play for a NC.

So by this reasoning you also think that Auburn WILL NOT play for the NC either, right?

bulldogman06
10-15-2006, 11:30 PM
It is too early to even matter, there is so much time left, and anybody could lose to anybody. Look at Auburn-Arkansas... If UT runs the table they will have a great shot at playing for the NC.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 11:30 PM
This is Freakin Crap!!!! Auburn lost to Arkansas, West Virginia has only beatin a couple of Junior Colleges, Florida just lost to a team that wasn't even in the top ten, Louisville hasnt played nobody either except an overrated Miami team, and when Norte Dame lost it was to Michigan and they were #11 When they played!! Cal lost to Tennesse and they aren't in the top ten either!!! Oh and when Auburn beat LSU they were not #2 Norte Dame was!! This is crap!!! Ok Texas does have a loss but what really ticks me off is West Virginia and Louiville are overrated and they have not played anyone!!! They don't give the defending Champs any credit!!!!

Take a breath, Wedo! It'll be ok brotha! It's the first freaking week of the BCS rankings. There's WAY too much football to be played to be going off the deep end just yet.

If the Horns win out we'll be just fine. Lotsa teams are going to be losing before the season is over on that Top 10 list. As long as it isn't us we'll end up where we should be. Have faith.;)

PHS Wildcats
10-16-2006, 12:17 AM
I was watching the "Offical BCS Ratings Show" on FSN, and Jerry Palm said that even though Texas is # 9 in the BCS right now. They are the highest rated one loss team in the Coaches Poll and they count for two-third of the rankings, if the continue to win they will no doubt continue to climb in the poll. So that is good news.

But they still need help!!!

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 09:11 AM
This is Freakin Crap!!!! Auburn lost to Arkansas, West Virginia has only beatin a couple of Junior Colleges, Florida just lost to a team that wasn't even in the top ten, Louisville hasnt played nobody either except an overrated Miami team, and when Norte Dame lost it was to Michigan and they were #11 When they played!! Cal lost to Tennesse and they aren't in the top ten either!!! Oh and when Auburn beat LSU they were not #2 Norte Dame was!! This is crap!!! Ok Texas does have a loss but what really ticks me off is West Virginia and Louiville are overrated and they have not played anyone!!! They don't give the defending Champs any credit!!!! Man, you are way to ate up with the bcs. :bigcry: :bigcry:

BTEXDAD
10-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
It's only the first release.

If UT is 9th, say, 3 weeks from now (assuming Texas doesn't lose) then something is wrong. I'm really not too worried, although I didn't expect us to be 9th to start off with.

Agreed 100%, ktj.
I was very surprised with the 9th place ranking also. Was expecting about the same as their AP ranking (5th)
Nothing to do about it right now except keep winning. A lot of teams have looked bad in past when they start whining about BCS in middle of season and then they lose a couple of games b4 end of season.
Let's just let it play out for now, fellow horns fans.

STXBramha
10-16-2006, 09:18 AM
What it comes down to is, either WVU or Louisville is going to be playing in the National Championship...this just shouldn't happen. As good as Michigan is, they will not beat the buckeyes. USC..well we all know they will lose to some sucker team (if not Cal or ND). I don't believe that a one loss team will be able to play ahead of an undefefeated big east team. As terrible as that is..

STXBramha
10-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Oh and by the way, UT is 15 in the computer poll. Behind Boise State and Rutgers who are 9th in computer polls.

BTEXDAD
10-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by STXBramha
Oh and by the way, UT is 15 in the computer poll. Behind Boise State and Rutgers who are 9th in computer polls.

???Now that does confuse me!!

I think right now, it's not just UT, but entire Big 12 that's not getting much respect.

But again, just let it play out for a few weeks before complaining too much.

Phil C
10-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by awizzy
wow the BS rankings are at once again...this is why we need a playoff

I agree and is what I have been saying all along. We need a real playoff system and I think it will come even though I don't think I will see it in my lifetime. The BCS just happen to hit it right last year but there have been much controversy and I hope we have some again this year. No way when you are ranked No. 7 and win a game by 31 points (and it should have been 38 points but the refs and UT were feeling charitable at the end) and drop to No. 9. Something is wrong but that is the BCS. All UT can do is win the rest of their games and hopefully get to go to a worthwhile bowl.

BRING ON THE REAL PLAYOFFS!

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I agree and is what I have been saying all along. We need a real playoff system and I think it will come even though I don't think I will see it in my lifetime. The BCS just happen to hit it right last year but there have been much controversy and I hope we have some again this year. No way when you are ranked No. 7 and win a game by 31 points (and it should have been 38 points but the refs and UT were feeling charitable at the end) and drop to No. 9. Something is wrong but that is the BCS. All UT can do is win the rest of their games and hopefully get to go to a worthwhile bowl.

BRING ON THE REAL PLAYOFFS! So the bcs got it right last year because Texas was in the NC game? I agree Texas ought to be ranked higher, but IMO right now, Texas is not a team that should play for the NC. But, the season is not over...so we'll see :thinking:

STXBramha
10-16-2006, 11:22 AM
So your not agreeing that the NC was correct last year? Texas and Southern Cal?

Phil C
10-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
So the bcs got it right last year because Texas was in the NC game? I agree Texas ought to be ranked higher, but IMO right now, Texas is not a team that should play for the NC. But, the season is not over...so we'll see :thinking:

Last year USC was No. 1 all year long and UT was No. 2 and that was the matchup that most people wanted and it just happened to work out. What I meant was BCS finally got one right. But if you had checked my post before the bowl games last year I still wanted a real playoff system. In fact I would have prefered one last year even though UT got into the NC game. The BCS does get it right once in a while like Miami and Ohio State one year but usually it has controversy. That is why we need a real playoff system no matter what happens.

g$$
10-16-2006, 12:35 PM
When the NCAA added the 12th game, that pretty much ended a playoff format in the near future. Too many obstacles to overcome. The Bowl format would have to be totally reworked, & these are long standing relationships. The season would have to be extended too much. What may happen one day soon is the +1 format where the bowls play out & then if needed 1 more game to decide the champion. I don't like it either, but it is here to stay I believe.

awizzy
10-16-2006, 12:42 PM
So the bcs got it right last year because Texas was in the NC game? I agree Texas ought to be ranked higher, but IMO right now, Texas is not a team that should play for the NC. But, the season is not over...so we'll see :thinking:

yea but of can a team be ranked in both polls at #5 be 9th in the BCS...no way should notre dame or flordia, since they just lost, be a head of us

KL3
10-16-2006, 12:45 PM

Ummm, wrong.

STXBramha
10-16-2006, 01:04 PM
I would agree that texas would beat those teams possibly 3 out of 4 times..

District303aPastPlayer
10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
everyone take off you orange colored glasses and then step to your keyboard again...

STXBramha
10-16-2006, 01:28 PM
I know your a ND fan so this may cause problems, but it's just my opinion..West Virginia and Louisville would not match up good at all against Texas' run defense. West Virginia is the most one-dimensional team i've ever seen. Florida is good, need to lose the 2 QB system they have going, but a good team. Would def give Texas the best game out of 5,6,7 &8. Notre Dame is somehwhat overrated. Texas may be also, but Quinn is not living up to the hype that was set for him. Can't wait to see the Notre Dame and USC game.

District303aPastPlayer
10-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Its not that i'm a notre dame fan, its just that seeing everyone swinging from the hairs down there of Texas is pretty sad and it gets annoying that if Texas isnt ranked #2 because they lost to THE Ohio State University early and have won every game since, most people on here are up in arms about it.

big daddy russ
10-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Its not that i'm a notre dame fan, its just that seeing everyone swinging from the hairs down there of Texas is pretty sad and it gets annoying that if Texas isnt ranked #2 because they lost to THE Ohio State University early and have won every game since, most people on here are up in arms about it.
ROFLMPWAO. Preach on, brotha.

For some reason, West Virginia couldn't compete with anyone, especially not Texas, because they haven't beat anyone special and played a fairly bad team decently close.

Notice the irony in that statement?

District303aPastPlayer
10-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
ROFLMPWAO. Preach on, brotha.

For some reason, West Virginia couldn't compete with anyone, especially not Texas, because they haven't beat anyone special and played a fairly bad team decently close.

Notice the irony in that statement?

yes i do :D

STXBramha
10-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Well if it's any consulation, I don't believe Texas deserves to be #2. I don't know that they deserve to be top 5 even. I think you will even agree that they are better than a 9 spot though.

big daddy russ
10-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Well if it's any consulation, I don't believe Texas deserves to be #2. I don't know that they deserve to be top 5 even. I think you will even agree though that they are better than a 9 spot though.
I really don't think it was meant to slight Texas in any way, shape, or form. I just think that any team from four-nine could be exchanged for one another. Texas just got the short end of the stick while Auburn got the long end.

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 01:37 PM
I know your a ND fan so this may cause problems, but it's just my opinion..West Virginia and Louisville would not match up good at all against Texas' run defense. West Virginia is the most one-dimensional team i've ever seen. Florida is good, need to lose the 2 QB system they have going, but a good team. Would def give Texas the best game out of 5,6,7 &8. Notre Dame is somehwhat overrated. Texas may be also, but Quinn is not living up to the hype that was set for him. Can't wait to see the Notre Dame and USC game. Can't wait to see this game either. By the way, you got it right, both teams are a little overrated.

STXBramha
10-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Would it be hypocritical to say that I would take Quinn taking the snaps for UT after what I just said about Notre Dame?

District303aPastPlayer
10-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I really don't think it was meant to slight Texas in any way, shape, or form. I just think that any team from four-nine could be exchanged for one another. Texas just got the short end of the stick while Auburn got the long end.

when was the last time you could say that and honestly mean it, lol

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Yawn. Once the season plays out I think we'll be fine. I went and did a little research, and Texas always gain ground in the computers as the year goes on. For instance, in one computer poll we were ranked 28th and then after beating Baylor (a supposed creampuff) we jumped to 15th.

We've got a tough road game this week, but it'll be a huge boost to our ratings if we win there over Nebraska. Take care of business. . .blow everyone else on the schedule out of the water. . .and hope the Aggsy pulls some rabbits out of the hat and keeps winning and our computer points will be fine. Meanwhile, teams like Auburn are going to lose ground in the computers because they've already played the tough part of their schedule. Auburn has Tulane, Miss, and Arky State coming up and they finish with Georgia (done) and Alabama (done) to finish the season. Their SOS will tank down the stretch until the SEC title game.

Meanwhile, Florida is geared up to lose another game at the least, USC is ready to pop, Notre Dame's SOS is going to tank because of the service academies they're about to play, and WV still has to get past Louisville, Cincy, and Rutgers with no passing game whatsoever.

So. . .where are we? Back where we started. Texas has an outside shot at the title game and a good chance at a BCS game. Should be really interesting to see how things play out.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-16-2006, 02:10 PM
That is a joke...UT loses to the best team in the country without a doubt, and are behind all these other one loss teams. BCS is terrible once again

Get your coach Cry Baby Mack Brown to plead to the world again and they might move the t-sips up in the poll!:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Get your coach Cry Baby Mack Brown to plead to the world again and they might move the t-sips up in the poll!:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Yeah, and we ALL know how THAT worked out. The crybaby Cal Bears got dominated by the Red Raiders in the Holiday Bowl and Texas went on to beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

If you're going to try and talk trash. . .at least pick a time where Texas got screwed by their actions or something.

g$$
10-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Pitt in the Big East just might spoil the party for someone too. I still think WVU comes out undefeated after the regular season.

If others lose, WVU vs. Ohio St. is not out of the question for the NC game.

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Pitt in the Big East just might spoil the party for someone too. I still think WVU comes out undefeated after the regular season.

If others lose, WVU vs. Ohio St. is not out of the question for the NC game.

Actually, I almost hope the WVU plays Ohio State for the title this year. The game will be so godawful that people will absolutely demand a playoff system and we'll trash the BCS.

MagicMan
10-16-2006, 02:47 PM
anyone would be better than watchin texas lose to ohio state again....i wish auburn would have beaten arkansas...that would have been an awesome NC

STXBramha
10-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Well I really don't think you need to worry about that. Really wish Ross would have got to play in the game. Not that one DB would make the outcome change, but the freshmen DB did get picked on alot. Would have definitely made it a little better game with him covering Ginn. Not making excuses what so ever though, Texas just didn't come to play.

Old Tiger
10-16-2006, 03:36 PM
My thoughts on these first rankings.

1. Ohio St - Deserves to be number one.
2. USC - Should be #3 with Michigan being number 2.
3. Michigan - Should be #2 with more quality wins.
4. Auburn - Should be behind WV
5. West Virginia - Should be #4 even though the schedule is weak they are a very fast team.
6. Florida - Lost a close one to the #4 team in the BCS but should be behind Lousiville.
7. Louisville - Undefeatead and should be #6
8. Notre Dame - Got blown out by the #3 team on the list and just at #8 because they are Notre Dame
9. Texas - Should be above Notre Dame I don't know about any other team.
10. California - Since losing the first game they have been putting it on other teams. Rightfully they should be here.

g$$
10-16-2006, 03:45 PM
You're confused STX. Aaron Ross did play & was beaten for the Ted Ginn td. You are thinking of Tarell Brown being suspended due to the charges later dropped. Palmer & others played, not Beasley or the other freshmen in the secondary. Beasley did play a lot vs. Baylor & will be a good one in time.

Ohio State just soundly beat Texas that day. No need to make excuses for players being out or whatever. Ross certainly did play though. Colt had a huge turnover too, Texas fumbled near the goal line, etc. That's football. Better team won.

And WVU may lose to Ohio State, but I think it's a good game if it happens. WVU is better than some of you think. Watch & see. Very athletic & fast team.

Texas has no divine right as a 1 loss team to play for the NC. They have played 1 quality team & lost. Big 12 is down. That's reality people.

wedo
10-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

When i hear t-sips from an aggie all i can think about is old white english people !!! Its hard to imagine that someone like Vince Young or Jamal Charles "sipping on tea" !! i don't know if this is true or not but there are more minorities at Texas than there are at A&M!! So when was the last time anyone saw a hispanic sipping tea???

Texas will get back into the BCS at least!!! At with that Texas will land some big time Recruits again and Texas will continue to dominate!!!

wedo
10-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You're confused STX. Aaron Ross did play & was beaten for the Ted Ginn td. You are thinking of Tarell Brown being suspended due to the charges later dropped. Palmer & others played, not Beasley or the other freshmen in the secondary. Beasley did play a lot vs. Baylor & will be a good one in time.

Ohio State just soundly beat Texas that day. No need to make excuses for players being out or whatever. Ross certainly did play though. Colt had a huge turnover too, Texas fumbled near the goal line, etc. That's football. Better team won.

And WVU may lose to Ohio State, but I think it's a good game if it happens. WVU is better than some of you think. Watch & see. Very athletic & fast team.

Texas has no divine right as a 1 loss team to play for the NC. They have played 1 quality team & lost. Big 12 is down. That's reality people.

Aaron Ross did play !! It was Terrel Brown and Marcus Griffith that didn't play!! Griffith got hurt in the first quarter

g$$
10-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Why quote me (?) - I said clearly that Ross played & was beaten for the TD. It's Griffin too, as in Marcus & Michael.

Brown did not play, as I said too.

The term t-sips goes way back & refers to good ol' boys at A&M who drink beer, while at Texas they drink tea & are more haughty & high-fallutin', etc. Just an old term like Old Army, Varsity, etc. that goes way back to the beginnings for both schools.

And if you are not sure of the minority #s, why post it? Texas does have slightly more student body wise, but both schools are desperately recruiting minorities to raise their #s.

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
My thoughts on these first rankings.

1. Ohio St - Deserves to be number one.
2. USC - Should be #3 with Michigan being number 2.
3. Michigan - Should be #2 with more quality wins.
4. Auburn - Should be behind WV
5. West Virginia - Should be #4 even though the schedule is weak they are a very fast team.
6. Florida - Lost a close one to the #4 team in the BCS but should be behind Lousiville.
7. Louisville - Undefeatead and should be #6
8. Notre Dame - Got blown out by the #3 team on the list and just at #8 because they are Notre Dame
9. Texas - Should be above Notre Dame I don't know about any other team.
10. California - Since losing the first game they have been putting it on other teams. Rightfully they should be here. Played Ohio State very tough and slaughtered SHSU...should definitely be #2 :rolleyes:

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Forgot about N. Texas :rolleyes:

wedo
10-16-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Why quote me (?) - I said clearly that Ross played & was beaten for the TD. It's Griffin too, as in Marcus & Michael.

Brown did not play, as I said too.

The term t-sips goes way back & refers to good ol' boys at A&M who drink beer, while at Texas they drink tea & are more haughty & high-fallutin', etc. Just an old term like Old Army, Varsity, etc. that goes way back to the beginnings for both schools.

And if you are not sure of the minority #s, why post it? Texas does have slightly more student body wise, but both schools are desperately recruiting minorities to raise their #s.

Why post it?? b/c that what i think, i haven't look up the numbers and done research or anything! But you can kinda tell!!

i quoted you b/c i was had agreed with you!!!

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Forgot about N. Texas :rolleyes:

Seriously, do you ever contribute anything substantial to any thread?

The Horns also handily beat OU (who should be a 1 loss football team) and the best running back in college football. They'll also more than likely beat Nebraska at their place this Saturday. Their defense also gives up a meager 20-30 yards rushing a game.

You're right. The Longhorns' schedule hasn't been very good. Still, better than a lot of the teams up there around them in the Top 10. West Virginia and Louisville come to mind. However, the Horns are a damn good football team and the stats back that up. Regardless of the competition, when the other team averages like 10 points or less a game and less than 30 yards rushing and you average over 30 points you're a pretty stellar team.

I personally am going to have a wonderful time dragging all these threads up in January when everything gets settled. Not saying we're going to the title game or anything, but I'm betting we end up a tad better than 9th.

g$$
10-16-2006, 05:03 PM
NO argument there - should be better than 9th. But not top 5 as some are advocating. I think you are giving a very avg. OU team too much credit. They have gaping holes this year, & now their best player is hurt. Defense was way overhyped too.

Bottom line is Texas has 1 decent win, & lost to the only quality team they have played AT HOME BY 17. Factor in the Big 12 being down & there you have it. Nebraska is not that good & you know it. Neither was Mizzou. Texas needs lots of help for the NC game but will make it to a BCS game.

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Seriously, do you ever contribute anything substantial to any thread?

The Horns also handily beat OU (who should be a 1 loss football team) and the best running back in college football. They'll also more than likely beat Nebraska at their place this Saturday. Their defense also gives up a meager 20-30 yards rushing a game.

You're right. The Longhorns' schedule hasn't been very good. Still, better than a lot of the teams up there around them in the Top 10. West Virginia and Louisville come to mind. However, the Horns are a damn good football team and the stats back that up. Regardless of the competition, when the other team averages like 10 points or less a game and less than 30 yards rushing and you average over 30 points you're a pretty stellar team.

I personally am going to have a wonderful time dragging all these threads up in January when everything gets settled. Not saying we're going to the title game or anything, but I'm betting we end up a tad better than 9th. And all your posts are substantial??? I am just tired of all the longhorn fans talk about how they are getting ripped off. The longhorns are not as good as Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, or ND. I will agree that they are better than #9, but not top 5.

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 05:10 PM
And all your posts are substantial??? I am just tired of all the longhorn fans talk about how they are getting ripped off. The longhorns are not as good as Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, or ND. I will agree that they are better than #9, but not top 5.

Swell. Also, if you're tired of the Longhorn fans don't open the threads and read them. Just a thought.

If you want I can start in on 1-liners about Cuero because I'm tired of listening to you whine about people that whine.

District303aPastPlayer
10-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Swell. Also, if you're tired of the Longhorn fans don't open the threads and read them. Just a thought.

If you want I can start in on 1-liners about Cuero because I'm tired of listening to you whine about people that whine.

your entire longhorn rants are tired dude. can we seriously just kill off ALL college threads? because all of these longhorn fans are almost as annoying as the spurs fans the moment they lose a football game. you arent owed the world because you won LAST YEAR.

GreenMachine
10-16-2006, 05:19 PM

If you want I can start in on 1-liners about Cuero because I'm tired of listening to you whine about people that whine. This was not a longhorn thread, it was a bcs thread. Ya'll made it into a longhorn thread. If you want to rip on Cuero, take your best shot.

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
your entire longhorn rants are tired dude. can we seriously just kill off ALL college threads? because all of these longhorn fans are almost as annoying as the spurs fans the moment they lose a football game. you arent owed the world because you won LAST YEAR.

Where have I ever said the Longhorns are owed anything? In fact, I've stated over and over and over how the Horns don't deserve anything and how at best they've got an outside shot at the title game.

What's annoying is you jealous little children putting words in other people's mouths to justify your own prejudices. If you can't see that then it just goes to show how blinded you are to the truth.

Ironic how many of you rant and rave about the "orange colored glasses" Longhorn fans wear, but you can't take a good look at yourselves and see your own problems.

A lot of you also have problems sorting out bandwagon fans and folks that don't follow the program with real fans that go to school and own season tickets with UT. Wedo and others don't comprise the main fan base. If you talk to any real Longhorn fan like myself they'll tell you that we like our chances at the Big 12 championship and a BCS bowl and that's it.

And again. . .if you don't like it, bugger off and don't read the threads. There's also an Ignore button too. If you don't like what we Longhorn fans have to say, just click Ignore and you won't have to listen!

What's worse? Accused whiners or people whining about those people's supposed whining?

Go away troll.

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 05:24 PM
This was not a longhorn thread, it was a bcs thread. Ya'll made it into a longhorn thread. If you want to rip on Cuero, take your best shot.

That's exactly the point. We don't want to rip on Cuero. So why do you have to come in to a perfectly fine thread and start talking blatantly biased trash? It's stupid.

g$$
10-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Come on West TX, you can give it out but you can't take it coming back at you. Texas has no divine right to play in the NC game over any of the other 1 loss teams.

And if you keep it up, you won't be the social chair of the board! Make friends not enemies. Oh yeah, you don't care & find it fun to "argue on the internet". Intelligent people can disagree without getting personal, name calling, insults, etc. Right?

Most people I know call it maturity.

WestTXLonghorn
10-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Come on West TX, you can give it out but you can't take it coming back at you. Texas has no divine right to play in the NC game over any of the other 1 loss teams.

And if you keep it up, you won't be the social chair of the board! Make friends not enemies. Oh yeah, you don't care & find it fun to "argue on the internet". Intelligent people can disagree without getting personal, name calling, insults, etc. Right?

Most people I know call it maturity.

And no one here has said Texas has a divine right to play in the NC game.

Seriously bro, your credibility is shot to hell. You lurk around and wait for anyone to say anything about the Horns and then you jump all over it. Then, once you get donkeystomped with facts and stats you threaten to go beat the person up in real life or you try pointing the finger at how "unmature" the person is. . .the whole time forgetting that three fingers are pointing right back at you.