#9 in BCS

tigerpride_08
10-15-2006, 03:36 PM
i personally dont see USC losing...

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
#9 in BCS

Can you post your source? Because from my understanding the BCS doesn't come out until tomorrow at the earliest and no one has it up yet.

I did see people predicting us to be ranked #5 in the BCS poll and the Coaches' poll would back that up....

piratebg
10-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by WestTXLonghorn
Can you post your source? Because from my understanding the BCS doesn't come out until tomorrow at the earliest and no one has it up yet.

I did see people predicting us to be ranked #5 in the BCS poll and the Coaches' poll would back that up....

They just released the poll after the Saints/Eagles game on Fox.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 03:41 PM
http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_explained.html

The first BCS Rankings for 2006 will be released October 16, then weekly through December 4.

Yeah. . .someone's credibility is shot to hell.

KTJ
10-15-2006, 03:42 PM
#9 in BCS

Done? From what?

:confused:

piratebg
10-15-2006, 03:43 PM

The first BCS Rankings for 2006 will be released October 16, then weekly through December 4.

Well, they made a big deal about announcing the new rankings as soon as the game was over, and they had some BCS expert there to do it. I'm pretty sure this is official.

mwynn05
10-15-2006, 03:47 PM

Yeah. . .someone's credibility is shot to hell. no your just ignorant (it means you dont know any better) i dont exactly care for texas but they shouldbe hire than 9....now shouldnt you admit you were wrong and i was right?

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Well, they made a big deal about announcing the new rankings as soon as the game was over, and they had some BCS expert there to do it. I'm pretty sure this is official.

Shrug. If it is swell. Just seems like they got some ex-BCS guy to cook up some numbers so they could be out with them first. And if you're going to be releasing the rankings on Monday and that's your rule. . .why let someone like FOX release them early?

Normally I'd just say ok, but these numbers seem WAY off. Auburn got blown-out by an unranked Arkansas team and they're ahead of West Virginia, Louisville, and us? Insane....

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 03:51 PM
no your just ignorant (it means you dont know any better) i dont exactly care for texas but they shouldbe hire than 9....now shouldnt you admit you were wrong and i was right?

1. I was talking about the BCS' credibility, not yours.

2. You'RE the ignorant one you halfwit. And I'm guessing you won't even get my reference even tho it is clear as day.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2006, 04:00 PM
this poll crap is crap. i just hope i am still around when they go to a playoff system because that will have me watching football from friday, saturday and sundays.

mwynn05
10-15-2006, 04:01 PM
1. I was talking about the BCS' credibility, not yours.

2. You'RE the ignorant one you halfwit. And I'm guessing you won't even get my reference even tho it is clear as day. yes i get your reference but where in that post did i make any attmpt to ue correct grammar?

coach
10-15-2006, 04:08 PM

its official its all over the internet

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 04:08 PM
yes i get your reference but where in that post did i make any attmpt to ue correct grammar?

Quit while your hole is only half the way to China.

PPHSfan
10-15-2006, 04:11 PM
sofa kingdom

coach
10-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Quit while your hole is only half the way to China.

cant we just get along guys texas is nine and thats that maybe they shouldnt have lost

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by coach
cant we just get along guys texas is nine and thats that maybe they shouldnt have lost

Just tired of little children trying to talk mess and then getting all uppity even when I'm not trying to slap them back down.

Totally our own fault for not winning against Ohio State.

However, there's a lot of football left to be played. Title game looks like a definite reach now, but if we win out we're in a BCS game for sure which will be fine by me. Just don't understand how a team like Notre Dame. . .who barely beat Michigan State and who got destroyed by a team ranked lower than the one that beat the Horns is ahead of us. Doesn't make just a heck of a lot of sense to me.

lostaussie
10-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Auburn got blown-out by an unranked Arkansas team and they're ahead of West Virginia, Louisville, and us? Insane.... auburn beat #2 in florida yesterday, and Texas beat hmmmm..........#15 in oklahoma last week. not only that, they lost by 17, AT HOME. computers and pollsters don't like that. let it play out.

mchavez
10-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Yea I would understand if they lost to Iowa State, but having their only lose to the #1 team in the nation is crazy! I mean Aubrun's only lose was to UNRANKED Arkansas. and ND only lose was to UNRANKED Michigan State!! This is system needs to be out!! Now it's very unlikely they'll make it!!

mchavez
10-15-2006, 04:22 PM
sorry barely beat MSU!!

carter08
10-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
sofa kingdom

:D :clap: :clap:

PPHSfan
10-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Totally our own fault for not winning against Ohio State.............

Wow, I was not aware that you were a player for the longhorns. What position do you play?

mwynn05
10-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Wow, I was not aware that you were a player for the longhorns. What position do you play? Atleast he goes to Texas when he says that....there are other poeple on her who use the we when speaking of texas that dont even go to texas

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
auburn beat #2 in florida yesterday, and Texas beat hmmmm..........#15 in oklahoma last week. not only that, they lost by 17, AT HOME. computers and pollsters don't like that. let it play out.

Were you trying to make a point here?

Auburn got donkeystomped by an unranked Arkansas team AT HOME by guess what? 17 points.

Notre Dame hasn't done jack this season except get donkeystomped AT HOME by Michigan who is below Ohio State.

Florida just got beat and they're above us by a bit.

The system is screwy.

I do agree with you tho. . .let things play out. By the end of the season things will probably have completely changed. However, that still doesn't change the fact that the system is kinda crap. Haven't people been saying that since the BCS was instated???

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Wow, I was not aware that you were a player for the longhorns. What position do you play?

Wow, I wasn't aware that you actually graduated high school! :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
10-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Texas was done the min. Vince Young went to the draft. HE WAS THE DIFFERENCE MAKER ON THE UT SQUAD! UT always has a GOOD team, but they are back to where they were a few years back.....just that....a GOOD TEAM, nothing more. They'll win the Big 12 and get a decent bowl bid, but they will not be national champs. (or even play for the champ. for that matter) Vince Young was the difference maker that got them there last year, and hes no longer there. period. UT will not play for a national championship this year.

Teams I feel have a shot:

Ohio State
USC
Louisville
etc.

g$$
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Glad to see some people are still making friends w/ words like halfwit, etc! Classy stuff.

Hey West TX: care to retract all your BCS knowledge from last week & tell me & others we were right? How bad would WVU beat the scrappy Baylor Bears?

PPHSfan
10-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Wow, I wasn't aware that you actually graduated high school! :rolleyes:

To tell you the truth, it was so long ago I just can't remember. I have been way to busy in the real world building a company that employees over 100 college graduates. Maybe when you finish with yer skooolin yu kin cum werk fer me.

fury900
10-15-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.bcsfootball.org/cfb/story/6049454

On Sunday, October 15, the road to the BCS National Championship Game officially begins with the unveiling of this season's first BCS Standings live on FOX at approximately 4:15 PM ET during NFL postgame coverage.

KTJ
10-15-2006, 05:14 PM
This is really, really getting annoying and frustrating.

Why do some of you CARE SO MUCH what UT does and if it makes it back to a National Championship game? I just don't understand why it bothers you that much.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Glad to see some people are still making friends w/ words like halfwit, etc! Classy stuff.

Hey West TX: care to retract all your BCS knowledge from last week & tell me & others we were right? How bad would WVU beat the scrappy Baylor Bears?

I have no idea. They struggled with the Syracuse Orange for an entire half of football and threw about 3 passes the entire game.

I also never said a damn thing about the BCS before today. I was going off the AP/Coaches poll as I've always done talking about which teams might beat other teams, etc. and so forth.

In fact, not a thing has changed with the BCS rankings coming out. The teams ahead of Texas can still lose. . .the polls can still shift. . .and teams can still make up ground.

Texas still has an outside shot at the title game and if they win out is still going to a BCS bowl.

Now, are you going to challenge me to another real life fight or are we done here?

KTJ
10-15-2006, 05:19 PM
It's really shallow that for some of you, the best time in your life is when UT doesn't do something. Or you act as if your life is whole and complete making fun of anything related to The University of Texas.

I really, really, really don't understand why some of you just love to hate on UT and will, at any moments notice, seize the opportunity to point out how Texas is going to/should/or has failed. Can someone here just please, shed some light on why it just makes you giddy inside when UT doesn't get something?

We win the Big 12 and we're going to a BCS bowl. We won a national championship last year. People keep saying that we only won because of a certain person. The overall, and bottom line, however, is that WE WON A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Does it matter how it was won?

g$$
10-15-2006, 05:23 PM
WEST TX: No, I'm cool. Not worth my time. Just wondering if you wanted to man up & admit when you're wrong? Why throw when your qb runs for about 250 yds.? Funny how now the BCS is no big deal to you but last week you had all your formulas & projections going full force. Weird how that works...

PPHSfan has had it with you too it seems. You ought to run for social chair of the board. Great at making friends thru putdowns.

KTJ: if you were referring to me, I only posted because this guy brings it on himself. And everybody knows it. The bulls-eye is squarely in place.

IHStangFan
10-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
This is really, really getting annoying and frustrating.

Why do some of you CARE SO MUCH what UT does and if it makes it back to a National Championship game? I just don't understand why it bothers you that much. this is easy to answer.

Because for every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction. Basically it boils down to how UT fans in general like to remind everyone else each time UT does something good/great. Like beat their team and rub it in, etc. It can be compared to how people from other states view Texans as a whole. Generally we are disliked because of our loud and proud attitude about being Texan. The same can be said about UT fans as a whole. When UT is good...you hear about it, when theyre not so good, you still hear about how good they are. "well we still beat your team" kinda thing. It's not really that I care if they do or dont make a repeat at the Natl Champ. game, I'm just saying they won't. Calling it how I see it is all. Another reason could be how quick UT fans as a whole are to become defensive and get bent outa shape about the fact that when UT isnt up to par, others point it out....just as UT fans will continously point out that A&M or TT just isn't up to par, etc. (All loyal fans are guilty of this though in some degree) What goes around comes around, and the more UT fans toot their horns and become defensive and what have you....the more they will be kicked when they are down by non-Longhorn fans. thats just the nature of the beast.

carter08
10-15-2006, 05:30 PM
How many of you are graduates or students at UT???

Those who are can whine and complain all they want to
The rest of you need to settle down

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by carter08

When did you get to start making the rules around here??:D :p :kiss:

carter08
10-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When did you get to start making the rules around here??:D :p :kiss:

Tell me where it says i can't make suggestions :D

Ranger Mom
10-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Tell me where it says i can't make suggestions :D

Come to think of it, we actually have a forum for that!! It's called the suggestion forum!! :p

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by g$$
WEST TX: No, I'm cool. Not worth my time. Just wondering if you wanted to man up & admit when you're wrong? Why throw when your qb runs for about 250 yds.? Funny how now the BCS is no big deal to you but last week you had all your formulas & projections going full force. Weird how that works...

PPHSfan has had it with you too it seems. You ought to run for social chair of the board. Great at making friends thru putdowns.

KTJ: if you were referring to me, I only posted because this guy brings it on himself. And everybody knows it. The bulls-eye is squarely in place.

Yeah, I figured the BCS would come out pretty close to what the AP/Coches poll would. Also, they had so called "Experts" running their own predictions of what the BCS rankings would say and they predicted Texas to be #5. So why wouldn't I think the same thing?

You are ABSOLUTELY correct on the running the ball part. Pat White and Slaton are INSANE carrying the ball. They also aren't playing anyone of note so far. Usually against mediocre to bad competition you work on things that you don't do very well. In WVU's case that would be throwing the ball. Instead, they decided to run up the score by running all over a pathetic Orange defense. What happens when they meet a team with a good run D? One dimensional teams don't usually survive in high school, much less college.

I could care less about some guy with his panties in a wad. I'm definitely out to make all sorts of friends (that'll I'll never meet by the way) on an internet message board. I'm just CRUSHED that he doesn't like me because he made a lame joke and I made an equally lame retort. I'm not bent out of shape over it. . .why should he be?

Also. . .read the thread. mmwynn or w/e his name is got ticked over nothing and started throwing around words like ignorant which are a bit too big for him. I didn't start any fights here. So why are you?

So, again. Are we done here or do you want to debate on something else? The Steelers are whipping KC like a red-headed step child so I don't have anything going on for a bit.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:36 PM

Raises hand.

ME! ME! ME!

:D

IHStangFan
10-15-2006, 05:40 PM

The rest of you need to settle down I pay taxes ...I think I have as much right as anyone else to whine or complain if I would like ;)

g$$
10-15-2006, 05:40 PM
Your post said it all. Maybe the weather has you down, I don't know. Be happy man!

Adidas410s
10-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I figured the BCS would come out pretty close to what the AP/Coches poll would. Also, they had so called "Experts" running their own predictions of what the BCS rankings would say and they predicted Texas to be #5. So why wouldn't I think the same thing?

You are ABSOLUTELY correct on the running the ball part. Pat White and Slaton are INSANE carrying the ball. They also aren't playing anyone of note so far. Usually against mediocre to bad competition you work on things that you don't do very well. In WVU's case that would be throwing the ball. Instead, they decided to run up the score by running all over a pathetic Orange defense. What happens when they meet a team with a good run D? One dimensional teams don't usually survive in high school, much less college.

I could care less about some guy with his panties in a wad. I'm definitely out to make all sorts of friends (that'll I'll never meet by the way) on an internet message board. I'm just CRUSHED that he doesn't like me because he made a lame joke and I made an equally lame retort. I'm not bent out of shape over it. . .why should he be?

Also. . .read the thread. mmwynn or w/e his name is got ticked over nothing and started throwing around words like ignorant which are a bit too big for him. I didn't start any fights here. So why are you?

So, again. Are we done here or do you want to debate on something else? The Steelers are whipping KC like a red-headed step child so I don't have anything going on for a bit.

:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
this is easy to answer.

Because for every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction. Basically it boils down to how UT fans in general like to remind everyone else each time UT does something good/great. Like beat their team and rub it in, etc. It can be compared to how people from other states view Texans as a whole. Generally we are disliked because of our loud and proud attitude about being Texan. The same can be said about UT fans as a whole. When UT is good...you hear about it, when theyre not so good, you still hear about how good they are. "well we still beat your team" kinda thing. It's not really that I care if they do or dont make a repeat at the Natl Champ. game, I'm just saying they won't. Calling it how I see it is all. Another reason could be how quick UT fans as a whole are to become defensive and get bent outa shape about the fact that when UT isnt up to par, others point it out....just as UT fans will continously point out that A&M or TT just isn't up to par, etc. (All loyal fans are guilty of this though in some degree) What goes around comes around, and the more UT fans toot their horns and become defensive and what have you....the more they will be kicked when they are down by non-Longhorn fans. thats just the nature of the beast.

Very fair assessment. However, are you suggesting that TT or ATM fans wouldn't be hooting and hollering if they were Natty Champs, etc. and so on?

As you said. . .that's the nature of the beast. The team on top and their fans get to talk trash, the teams on bottom don't.

Like I've said before. . .this is VERY VERY VERY calm and peaceful compared to other message boards with college football fans. Go read Orangebloods, TexAgs, etc. and you'll see some real insanity. UT fans (me and other Horn fans on 3aDL included) aren't any worse or better than Aggie, Red Raider, or any other college fan.

Personally, I blame it all on Phil with his propaganda machine rolling out every UT victory in every UT sport.;)

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Lotsa intelligence from Adidas as usual. Must be great being able to sum up your entire life with emoticons.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Adidas410s
10-15-2006, 05:44 PM
Lotsa intelligence from Adidas as usual. Must be great being able to sum up your entire life with emoticons.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

It doesn't take intelligence to point out the obvious. Whining and crying...it's what you do. Unadulterated bias towards Texas...it's what your posting consists of. In case you haven't noticed...it's very tiresome to most on here.

eagles_victory
10-15-2006, 05:45 PM
im outraged where was SFA in the bcs?

carter08
10-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
im outraged where was SFA in the bcs?

and if you think thats bad

where was Blinn at
Disappointing

DaHop72
10-15-2006, 05:47 PM
It doesn't take intelligence to point out the obvious. Whining and crying...it's what you do. Unadulterated bias towards Texas...it's what your posting consists of. In case you haven't noticed...it's very tiresome to most on here. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
10-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

true...true...:thumbsup:

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:48 PM
It doesn't take intelligence to point out the obvious. Whining and crying...it's what you do. Unadulterated bias towards Texas...it's what your posting consists of. In case you haven't noticed...it's very tiresome to most on here.

And your posting consists of roaming around starting fights and posting drivel. What's your point?

If it really bothered people that much I suppose someone other than you or g$$ would send me a PM flaming me to high heaven. Instead, all I get is you acting like the Grand Poo-bah and speaking for everyone on here.

And like was said. . .I go to school at UT AND I pay taxes so I suppose I can whine and cry as much as I like. You can choose not to read my friend! :)

big daddy russ
10-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by mchavez
Yea I would understand if they lost to Iowa State, but having their only lose to the #1 team in the nation is crazy! I mean Aubrun's only lose was to UNRANKED Arkansas. and ND only lose was to UNRANKED Michigan State!! This is system needs to be out!! Now it's very unlikely they'll make it!!

Auburn got donkeystomped by an unranked Arkansas team AT HOME by guess what? 17 points.
Texas got donkeystomped AT HOME by guess what? 17 points.

Auburn may have a worse loss on their record, but how many better wins does UT have?

If the Horns had already beat two top-five teams, then I could understand your argument. Auburn has. In the pollsters' eyes right now, they don't know where UT should be ranked. Sure, they beat a pretty good OU squad soundly, but most of them still don't know how they would fare against the elite teams.

I firmly believe that if they were in the SEC, they'd lose no more than three games and would have already proven that they belong right there with LSU, Auburn, and Florida. Unfortunately, the only game UT has played against a marquee team was a matchup in which you felt like the other team controlled the game. That's all the pollsters have to go on so you can't blame them (and the computer polls) for not ranking them higher.

Does UT deserve to be ranked #9? Definitely not, but don't try to tell me that they're better than Auburn because the only team to whip them was the #1 team in the nation. And don't bring that weak "everyone else but the Big XII is overrated" junk on here. tOSU is the best team in the nation. Louisville and WVU are the two most underrated teams in the nation. And the SEC is the best conference in the nation.

All the pollsters can see it. That's why Auburn is fourth. With or without the loss.

IHStangFan
10-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Very fair assessment. However, are you suggesting that TT or ATM fans wouldn't be hooting and hollering if they were Natty Champs, etc. and so on?

As you said. . .that's the nature of the beast. The team on top and their fans get to talk trash, the teams on bottom don't.

Like I've said before. . .this is VERY VERY VERY calm and peaceful compared to other message boards with college football fans. Go read Orangebloods, TexAgs, etc. and you'll see some real insanity. UT fans (me and other Horn fans on 3aDL included) aren't any worse or better than Aggie, Red Raider, or any other college fan.

Personally, I blame it all on Phil with his propaganda machine rolling out every UT victory in every UT sport.;) Naturally the team on top gets bragging rights. But it looked like KTJ was asking why people were down on UT and saying theyre not going to repeat. I wasnt bashing UT, I was just expressing my belief that they will not repeat. That's where (and not just UT fans) fans tend to take certain things said as direct attacks on "their teams" when in fact it is just someone saying "hey...yall kicked tail last year, but I dont think yall have what it takes to do it again" to use your word...its my "accessment" of what I've seen this year out of UT so far. Theyre good no doubt, but not good enough I dont think. To be TOTALLY honest w/ you though, I personally think the Big 12 as a whole is down this year. Hell....for THAT matter, Football in general is turned on its ear this year when you got:

*Chicago Bears as a Super Bowl contender
*New Orleans Saints beating Philly and 5-1 on the year
*Rice kicking the crap out of people including an Army team that ALMOST beat A&M and DID beat Baylor

*UofH beats OK State and SHOULD have beat Miami
*Sinton NOT winning D30-3A
*Ingleside beating Zapata

I could go on and on, this is a strange Football year!!

carter08
10-15-2006, 05:53 PM

And then lost to ULL :(

Adidas410s
10-15-2006, 05:57 PM
And your posting consists of roaming around starting fights and posting drivel. What's your point?

Really??? That's interesting because I seem to see you taking everything personally in many a thread every day that you are on here. I just come along to pick on you because you'll get worked up over it. It's amusing to say the least...

http://www.galleywinter.com/main/images/smiles/bud.gif

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Texas got donkeystomped AT HOME by guess what? 17 points.

Auburn may have a worse loss on their record, but how many better wins does UT have?

If the Horns had already beat two top-five teams, then I could understand your argument. Auburn has. In the pollsters' eyes right now, they don't know where UT should be ranked. Sure, they beat a pretty good OU squad soundly, but most of them still don't know how they would fare against the elite teams.

I firmly believe that if they were in the SEC, they'd lose no more than three games and would have already proven that they belong right there with LSU, Auburn, and Florida. Unfortunately, the only game UT has played against a marquee team was a matchup in which you felt like the other team controlled the game. That's all the pollsters have to go on so you can't blame them (and the computer polls) for not ranking them higher.

Does UT deserve to be ranked #9? Definitely not, but don't try to tell me that they're better than Auburn because the only team to whip them was the #1 team in the nation. And don't bring that weak "everyone else but the Big XII is overrated" junk on here. tOSU is the best team in the nation. Louisville and WVU are the two most underrated teams in the nation. And the SEC is the best conference in the nation.

All the pollsters can see it. That's why Auburn is fourth. With or without the loss.

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't arguing so much with them being above Texas, but more with them being at #4.

I don't care how good you are. Losing at home by 17 to an unranked team is losing at home by 17 to an unranked team. Great teams don't take a week off.

Also. . .do you mean that West Virginia and Louisville are the two most OVERRATED teams in the NCAA? Because they're both undefeated and if they were underrated then that means they should be ranked above the 1 loss Tigers.

Go back and check the UT vs. Baylor thread. I said there and I'll say it again here. . .our team doesn't deserve the title game. We've been getting better, but our defensive backfield is just too shaky. We were missing Marcus Griffin and Tarrel Brown and Baylor went hog wild with the passing game.

We still do have an outside shot at the title game, but we'd be backdooring our way in and I don't think we'd be the 2nd best team. I still see us winning out and getting a BCS bowl tho. If it is against Notre Dame, West Virginia, or some team like that I like our chances of winning.

We'll definitely see how things go next week. We'll be in a hostile environment against a good team and missing some key players.

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Really??? That's interesting because I seem to see you taking everything personally in many a thread every day that you are on here. I just come along to pick on you because you'll get worked up over it. It's amusing to say the least...

http://www.galleywinter.com/main/images/smiles/bud.gif

Wow. . .you get amused by starting fights with people on the internet.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I like getting worked up. It lets out stress and it's on the internet where people shouldn't take a damn thing seriously anyway. So, please. . .continue and I'll continue "whining and crying" and being a "Longhorn apologist".:)

jason
10-15-2006, 06:01 PM
i posted this on the other thread, but its worthy of being posted again :D

If you think about it, Texas' chances of moving up are fairly good...

...Ohio St vs Michigan - loser will drop
...West Virginia vs Louisville - loser will drop, winner might not have that good of a chance either
...Notre Dame vs USC - loser will drop, if Notre Dame wins, they will not go as high as the #2 spot that USC is at right now
...Florida still has to get through the rest of the SEC (@ Georgia & @ Florida State)
...Auburn has Georgia and plays @ Alabama...
...and all the teams still have to win their conference championship games
...I think if Texas wins out, they'll be playing for back to back's.....

WestTXLonghorn
10-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Naturally the team on top gets bragging rights. But it looked like KTJ was asking why people were down on UT and saying theyre not going to repeat. I wasnt bashing UT, I was just expressing my belief that they will not repeat. That's where (and not just UT fans) fans tend to take certain things said as direct attacks on "their teams" when in fact it is just someone saying "hey...yall kicked tail last year, but I dont think yall have what it takes to do it again" to use your word...its my "accessment" of what I've seen this year out of UT so far. Theyre good no doubt, but not good enough I dont think. To be TOTALLY honest w/ you though, I personally think the Big 12 as a whole is down this year. Hell....for THAT matter, Football in general is turned on its ear this year when you got:

*Chicago Bears as a Super Bowl contender
*New Orleans Saints beating Philly and 5-1 on the year
*Rice kicking the crap out of people including an Army team that ALMOST beat A&M and DID beat Baylor

*Sinton NOT winning D30-3A
*Ingleside beating Zapata

I totally agree with you man.

Adidas410s
10-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by jason
West Virginia vs Louisville - loser will drop, winner might not

My one thought about this is that both of these teams will still play Pitt and Rutgers and that will definitely help boost their standing in the computers. Also, Rutgers is getting a lot of respect from the voters as a legit team so it will make it an even better "win" for WVU and Louisville.

jason
10-15-2006, 06:08 PM
My one thought about this is that both of these teams will still play Pitt and Rutgers and that will definitely help boost their standing in the computers. Also, Rutgers is getting a lot of respect from the voters as a legit team so it will make it an even better "win" for WVU and Louisville. yeah, but if wv or lville, or both of them, lose to pitt or rutgers, they'll both be out...but pitt and rutgers wont jump up into bcs contention...that would be an ideal situation...i am now a rutgers and a pitt bandwagon fan...